Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Mar 30, 2015 6:59 AM

Jun 2014
I think the chances are pretty high, they probably recognized their mistake with the fillers and want to finish the source material before animating the rest of the manga, would love to see a continuation of bleach.

Despite the fillers it remains in my top favorite anime (I skipped fillers) it has a nice story and although it's shounen I still love the story behind it and how the characters develop.

Better than naruto IMO
Mar 30, 2015 7:00 AM

Aug 2013
No!
Mar 30, 2015 7:02 AM

Jun 2014
Taewan said:
No!

Why?
Mar 30, 2015 7:06 AM

Aug 2013
sumusiko said:
Taewan said:
No!

Why?

i need to say i was a big fan of bleach when i start to watch anime and was hoping this anime get's another season but now this is one of the worst shounen with fairy tail the manga should end after like 400 Chapter but they drag the shit out of it and now you get this mess with this quincy arc
Mar 30, 2015 7:13 AM

Dec 2012
When will people have knowledge about how the anime industry works.

This is basic. Manga ending means the chance fir an anime adaptation is astrominaclly low..

A big incentive for the adaption to exist is promoting the source material.
Mar 30, 2015 7:34 AM

Nov 2010
Yeah it's got a fair chance in the last 6 months or so of its serialization. It's not uncommon for studios to make short rushed works near or after the end, Bleach is still at least sufficiently popular IMO.
Mar 30, 2015 7:53 AM

Jun 2014
tsudecimo said:

This is basic. Manga ending means the chance fir an anime adaptation is astrominaclly low..

You do know the source material is still sold after being finished right?

If we followed that way of thinking there would be no movies based on books.

Because hurr durr they're already over.

It's irrelevant, the source material is still being sold and will continue to be for years, especially when it's famous like bleach.

FMA, Fate Zero, SG, DBZ, Sakurasou, and some others I'm forgetting, are some examples of anime that were animated either after the source material was already published/over or were animated when the source material was about to end which is what might happen to bleach
SteelHardMar 30, 2015 8:57 AM
Mar 30, 2015 9:27 AM

Dec 2012
sumusiko said:
tsudecimo said:

It's irrelevant, the source material is still being sold and will continue to be for years, especially when it's famous like bleach.

FMA, Fate Zero, SG, DBZ, Sakurasou, and some others I'm forgetting, are some examples of anime that were animated either after the source material was already published/over or were animated when the source material was about to end which is what might happen to bleach

T'ch.

A/ The anime industry is fundamentally different than real live movies and TV

B/ What? old finished manga, can have it's volumes reprints, but that's in the case something is as popular as DB, because there needs to be big demand for it. The idea of having an anime, while the source material is publishing, it to give boost to older volumes, and to increase the popularity and promotion for the ongoing source. With the manga being finished, the merit of an anime promotion is significantly lower.

C/ Take your hurr durr elsewhere.

I'm specifically taking about when a manga ended, not when it's near the end. The latter makes a lot of sense, because being close to end, can generate interest, and would be a good time to have a sequel, if it's ever to happen. I don't even know what you mean by ''source material will continue to be sold''

Bleach's current manga sales, are in continuous decline.

D/I'm talking about manga. Visual novels adaptations aren't relevant here, because they don't happen on the same basis, because VNs are duh! not serialized works. Not to mention that F/Z has an anime fanbase to buy disks, Bleach doesn't, because it's a long runner, so the anime can't stand on it's own feet, because Bleach had terrible TV ratings, which led to the cancellation in the first place. None of your examples, aside from VN and F/Z happened when the source material was over. You killed your own point.
Mar 30, 2015 9:49 AM

Jun 2014
tsudecimo said:
sumusiko said:

T'ch.

A/ The anime industry is fundamentally different than real live movies and TV

B/ What? old finished manga, can have it's volumes reprints, but that's in the case something is as popular as DB, because there needs to be big demand for it. The idea of having an anime, while the source material is publishing, it to give boost to older volumes, and to increase the popularity and promotion for the ongoing source. With the manga being finished, the merit of an anime promotion is significantly lower.

C/ Take your hurr durr elsewhere.

I'm specifically taking about when a manga ended, not when it's near the end. The latter makes a lot of sense, because being close to end, can generate interest, and would be a good time to have a sequel, if it's ever to happen. I don't even know what you mean by ''source material will continue to be sold''

Bleach's current manga sales, are in continuous decline.

D/I'm talking about manga. Visual novels adaptations aren't relevant here, because they don't happen on the same basis, because VNs are duh! not serialized works. Not to mention that F/Z has an anime fanbase to buy disks, Bleach doesn't, because it's a long runner, so the anime can't stand on it's own feet, because Bleach had terrible TV ratings, which led to the cancellation in the first place. None of your examples, aside from VN and F/Z happened when the source material was over. You killed your own point.

FMA Brotherhood, DBZ Kai, Sakurasou (was near the end once the anime was released), SG and FZ although they are VNs point still stands, the anime was made to increase its sales now tell me what would get more sales?

A single VN or over 400-500 chapters of a manga?

Most shonens sales are on a continuous decline only time they go up is when a major twist is introduced or when the end in near (which happened when bleach last arc was announced, there was a peak in sales, samething for naruto)

PS: Hell, Parasyte too for instance. Also I'm not sure that it was cancelled due to bad ratings I believe it was because it was way too close to the manga back then and instead of making 100 episode filler arc they just decided to leave the anime there and leave the slight hint of a continuation
Mar 30, 2015 10:03 AM

Dec 2012
l2read

tsudecimo said:

I'm specifically taking about when a manga ended, not when it's near the end. The latter makes a lot of sense, because being close to end, can generate interest, and would be a good time to have a sequel, if it's ever to happen.

Please give me an example, of an anime, that happened after the manga was finished, and it ended up boosting old volumes?

sumusiko said:

Most shonens sales are on a continuous decline only time they go up is when a major twist is introduced or when the end in near (which happened when bleach last arc was announced, there was a peak in sales, samething for naruto)

VN is not a continuous work. Manga is. I don't know how is that, and the implication to their anime are hard to understand. Further more, anime like Bleach, are prime time, their main revenue, comes from TV ratings + source material boost and promotion, since the manga publisher funds and sponsor the anime. If Bleach were to have a sequel after the manga ended, it won't have the manga to stand on, it will have to rely mainly on it's TV ratings, to make a profit, and it's TV ratings, were terrible, hence why they wouldn't make an anime after it ends.

Not really. Some popular manga, manage to not drop significantly on sales, such as One Piece, and Naruto.

Source for the peak for Bleach? Naruto best selling volume, was before the ending was announced, so I didn't really buy your reasoning.

PS: Hell, Parasyte too for instance. Also I'm not sure that it was cancelled due to bad ratings I believe it was because it was way too close to the manga back then and instead of making 100 episode filler arc they just decided to leave the anime there and leave the slight hint of a continuation

@_@
What the hell are you talking about?

By parasyte do you mean this?:
http://myanimelist.net/anime.php?id=22535

Anyway parasyte happened because of this:
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1122249

It was part of a promotion for the live action movie. The anime adapted all of it, the manga was finished 2 decades ago..
Mar 30, 2015 10:22 AM

Jun 2014
tsudecimo said:
l2read

tsudecimo said:

I'm specifically taking about when a manga ended, not when it's near the end. The latter makes a lot of sense, because being close to end, can generate interest, and would be a good time to have a sequel, if it's ever to happen.

Please give me an example, of an anime, that happened after the manga was finished, and it ended up boosting old volumes?

sumusiko said:

VN is not a continuous work. Manga is. I don't know how is that, and the implication to their anime are hard to understand. Further more, anime like Bleach, are prime time, their main revenue, comes from TV ratings + source material boost and promotion, since the manga publisher funds and sponsor the anime. If Bleach were to have a sequel after the manga ended, it won't have the manga to stand on, it will have to rely mainly on it's TV ratings, to make a profit, and it's TV ratings, were terrible, hence why they wouldn't make an anime after it ends.

Not really. Some popular manga, manage to not drop significantly on sales, such as One Piece, and Naruto.

Source for the peak for Bleach? Naruto best selling volume, was before the ending was announced, so I didn't really buy your reasoning.

@_@
What the hell are you talking about?

By parasyte do you mean this?:
http://myanimelist.net/anime.php?id=22535

Anyway parasyte happened because of this:
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1122249

It was part of a promotion for the live action movie. The anime adapted all of it, the manga was finished 2 decades ago..

VN's market is also nowhere near as big as the manga market is and yet anime is still being produced to them, and I'm pretty sure I did say that most anime sales peak on major twists or when the end is announced (which happened ot both bleach and naruto) if you look at a graphs from shonen animes, you'll see that it declines over time and this goes for one piece and naruto too (maybe not as much as bleach, but they still do, however they usually go up again on major twists).

And by after In the title I meant in general be it as soon as the manga ends or when it's about to end like IntrovertTurtle said

And it's still in top 15 manga sales in Japan AFAIK, there are plenty of manga who sell less than it and still get anime and sequels.

As for source look around for the sales around september or so last year I think it was announced around that time or maybe a bit sooner but I know that in September it was in top 5 most sold mangas of the week once the volume was released.

PS: Just checked it's still getting an average of 500k Sales withing the first month which is still a money cow
SteelHardMar 30, 2015 10:36 AM
Mar 30, 2015 10:25 AM

Oct 2008
I would be very much all aboard if it received the Hunter X Hunter 2011 treatment ,cutting out all the excess fat and giving it a proper budget for its visual department.Doubt it will ever happen tho.
Mar 31, 2015 6:33 AM

Mar 2013
It's not as popular as it used to be in japan so it might not get a the final act inuyasha type series unless if it's funded like big o season 2.
added the fourth most popular anime onto this site
Mar 31, 2015 11:25 AM

Sep 2013
Lol manga that sell even 50K get multiple anime XD
And bleach sells 600K in a month or so XD
What do you think?
Don't listen to the bleach haters, they're jealous that bleach is better than naruto one piece, etc..

EvenJellyOn said:
It's not as popular as it used to be in japan so it might not get a the final act inuyasha type series unless if it's funded like big o season 2.

Top 20 every year in yearly manga sales and one of th ebiggest selling series internationally.
Plus it's one of the best selling manga in the magazine it's published in.

Maybe next year when there's enough chapters to adapt.
Apr 8, 2015 5:45 PM

Jan 2014
tsudecimo said:
l2read
Apr 9, 2015 3:53 PM

Sep 2014
just to put out some mild optimism i would think there that bleach might get the inuyasha treatment. a "bleach the final chapter" or something like that sometime later. not that i would hold my breath but i wouldnt entirely be so dismissal of it either.
Apr 9, 2015 3:55 PM

Jan 2012
No thnx I don't want fillers

Apr 13, 2015 9:26 AM
Jan 2015
Well looking at this thread
Japan's Yearly Manga & Light Novel Rankings for 2014
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1316739

17. *3,275,885 Fairy Tail
18. *2,986,968 Bleach
19. *2,644,122 Shokugeki no Souma

Bleach doesn't sell that bad, so from that point of view it might be possible.

However it apparently got very bad ratings on TV that could keep the studios away fromt taking on Bleach, as they deem it a risky project.

I hope Bleach comes back because I like to see and hear everything animated :D
Apr 13, 2015 9:29 AM

Nov 2010
Geravys said:
However it apparently got very bad ratings on TV that could keep the studios away fromt taking on Bleach, as they deem it a risky project.
Most likely because of the filler which took up 49% of the anime and interrupted canon arcs.
Apr 13, 2015 9:37 AM

Jun 2013
sumusiko said:
they probably recognized their mistake with the fillers and want to finish the source material before animating the rest of the manga,

what? how do you know that?

anyway, if they ever did animate it I'd watch it but I don't really mind having only the manga for now
Apr 30, 2015 7:17 AM

Feb 2015
ichii_1 said:

Since Bleach ended, over 140 chapters were released. I think that's more than enough to continue the anime NOW. I mean if they're gonna animated 3 chapters per episode (which would be a decent pace IMO) it would take about 46 weeks to catch up where the manga is right now. At that time the manga should be almost finished. I really don't think they need to wait anymore.
Apr 30, 2015 7:18 AM

Jun 2014
I want to see Yhwach animated so bad damn it.

Give him Jouji Nakata(Kirei Kotomine's voice) as the VA and it would be EPIC.
Apr 30, 2015 7:19 AM

Jan 2015
IT IS COMING BACK.
May 1, 2015 7:43 AM

Aug 2014
However it apparently got very bad ratings on TV that could keep the studios away fromt taking on Bleach

Well if they just avoid adding random fillers out of nowhere right in the middle of the main story, Bleach should be just about fine. Only time can tell whether or not Bleach is gonna return, but I would say there is definitely a pretty good chance for the final arc to be animated.
May 1, 2015 10:18 PM

Sep 2013
Snappynator said:
However it apparently got very bad ratings on TV that could keep the studios away fromt taking on Bleach

Well if they just avoid adding random fillers out of nowhere right in the middle of the main story, Bleach should be just about fine. Only time can tell whether or not Bleach is gonna return, but I would say there is definitely a pretty good chance for the final arc to be animated.

Compared to most stuff airing at that timeslot bleach was still getting good ratings even with the fillers killing it XD
Jun 24, 2015 1:32 PM
Sep 2014
Well , I hope it gets back , from the financial perspective , it will bring a lot of money for kubo ,and the studio responsible ,and after reading the manga , its EPIC . it would be great if BLEACH is animated .
Jun 27, 2015 11:46 PM
May 2015
Bleach is Dead
Jun 27, 2015 11:49 PM
May 2015
the anime was canceled because it had bad ratings on top of declining merchandise sales, it wasn't making more money back than the amount of money that was being put in to make it.
UchihaProdigy1Jun 27, 2015 11:54 PM
Jun 27, 2015 11:53 PM
May 2015
ichii_1 said:
Lol manga that sell even 50K get multiple anime XD
And bleach sells 600K in a month or so XD
What do you think?
Don't listen to the bleach haters, they're jealous that bleach is better than naruto one piece, etc..

EvenJellyOn said:

Top 20 every year in yearly manga sales and one of th ebiggest selling series internationally.
Plus it's one of the best selling manga in the magazine it's published in.

Bleach sales have been dropping every year, iirc this is the first year that a volume failed to make it to the 600k mark by the half year mark, and it takes well over month for a volume to sell 500k now, Shueisha now has several series that sell way more than bleach to invest into.

In Jump alone HQ!!, AssClass, (and Soma is currently selling at the same rate as Bleach) sell better than Bleach, Not to mention OPM(without an anime yet), TerraFormars, and Tokyo Ghoul that also sell better than Bleach
UchihaProdigy1Jun 28, 2015 12:00 AM
Jun 30, 2015 9:34 AM

Sep 2013
UchihaProdigy1 said:

In Jump alone HQ!!, AssClass, (and Soma is currently selling at the same rate as Bleach) sell better than Bleach, Not to mention OPM(without an anime yet), TerraFormars, and Tokyo Ghoul that also sell better than Bleach

An unpopular arc does that (magi with the flashback arc was the same), seems Japan didn't like the female sternritters :(
But it should go up again with grimmjow and aizen.

Souma doesn't sell more than bleach per volume, it's only because of the anime boost that it's gonna beat bleach this year.
And seeing the current lineup of shounen jump.
Only one piece, haikyuu and assclass beat bleach in sales per volume, so it's the 4th best selling series out of 20 (not counting hiatus x hiatus) XD with NO ADVERTISEMENT!
The others don't matter that much for bleach's future since thy're not in the same magazine.

And 150+ chapters is nowhere near enough to adapt, since bleach has really slow pacing.
Jun 30, 2015 12:40 PM
May 2015
ichii_1 said:
UchihaProdigy1 said:

An unpopular arc does that (magi with the flashback arc was the same), seems Japan didn't like the female sternritters :(

Souma doesn't sell more than bleach per volume, it's only because of the anime boost that it's gonna beat bleach this year.
Only one piece, haikyuu and assclass beat bleach in sales per volume, so it's the 4th best selling series out of 20 (not counting hiatus x hiatus) XD with NO ADVERTISEMENT!
The others don't matter that much for bleach's future since thy're not in the same magazine.

And 150+ chapters is nowhere near enough to adapt, since bleach has really slow pacing.

Soma 13 sold 390k in a little under 3 weeks, Bleach 67 sold 437k in a little under 3 weeks,Not to mention Soma isn't finished enjoying it's boost, by Soma's 14th volume it'll be selling on par with Bleach, and by the 15th it'll be selling more than Bleach. Gintama single volumes are also selling better and faster than they were last year,
UchihaProdigy1Jun 30, 2015 12:47 PM
Jul 14, 2015 12:22 PM
Jul 2015
The last arc of bleach got bad ratings because the fullbring arc sucked. It was completely unnessecery kubo should have went directly to the thousand year blood war arc. If they produced the anime for the final arc I think it would do well
Jul 16, 2015 8:21 PM
May 2015
ichii_1 said:
UchihaProdigy1 said:

Yup, come next Month Soma will be selling more than Bleach volumes.
Shokugeki no Soma 13, 345,630(11 days)
Bleach Vol 67 10 day sales - 394,000
Bleach Vol 68 10 day sales - 367,000
Bleach Vol 66 sold 363,277 in 7 days.
Bleach 69 will surely experience another drop in sales as well.
So why should Bleach be invested in, when many other Jump series are more profitable, and other series in Jump have the potential to be more profitable very soon?
UchihaProdigy1Jul 16, 2015 8:26 PM
Jul 25, 2015 1:09 AM
Dec 2012
UchihaProdigy1 said:
ichii_1 said:

So why should Bleach be invested in, when many other Jump series are more profitable, and other series in Jump have the potential to be more profitable very soon?

Because the anime coming back would raise the sales for the manga also which, in your opinion, would "save" the series.

The manga was only couple chapters ahead when the anime ended and with Kubo's content/chapter the 140 chapters can only fill like 40 episodes at best if you drag out some scenes. That's just how it is. At worst the anime ended because they can't afford animating more fillers, but the anime will come back.
Jul 25, 2015 11:01 AM

Sep 2013
^that's right, anime boost.
Amazing how they always overlook that for bleach.

assclass and gintama will end too, so bleach anime is even more needed.
and this
a year after the anime ended XD
http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2013/06/03-1/overseas-sales-help-maker-naruto-tv-tokyos-top-earner-for-2013

A new kubo interview will be out in a week or so so we might get new info then.
Aug 8, 2015 9:16 PM
May 2015
Pandarenboy said:
UchihaProdigy1 said:

Because the anime coming back would raise the sales for the manga also which, in your opinion, would "save" the series.

The manga was only couple chapters ahead when the anime ended and with Kubo's content/chapter the 140 chapters can only fill like 40 episodes at best if you drag out some scenes. That's just how it is. At worst the anime ended because they can't afford animating more fillers, but the anime will come back.
Anime coming back won't raise the sales of the series, it would only cause the sells to drop at a slower rate because a few new fans will be coming in as others leave. The filler excuse is stupid, the anime ended because the ratings were horrible and the merchandise sales were on a rapid decline.

I don't know why people think the anime industry is some philanthropic organization and not a business, if something isn't making back more money than you put in, you pull the plug. It's that simple.
Aug 8, 2015 9:20 PM
May 2015
ichii_1 said:
^that's right, anime boost.
Amazing how they always overlook that for bleach.

assclass and gintama will end too, so bleach anime is even more needed.
and this
a year after the anime ended XD
http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2013/06/03-1/overseas-sales-help-maker-naruto-tv-tokyos-top-earner-for-2013

A new kubo interview will be out in a week or so so we might get new info then.

I don't think there has ever been a successful manga crash and burn like Bleach, it went from selling 600k in a week to not being able to sell 600k in a full year, and it took less than 5 years for it to sink so low.

I have never seen a fanbase in any form of media jump ship that fast before.
UchihaProdigy1Aug 8, 2015 9:23 PM
Aug 10, 2015 9:47 AM

Sep 2013
UchihaProdigy1 said:
ichii_1 said:

-A new kubo interview will be out in a week or so so we might get new info then.

-http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2013/06/03-1/overseas-sales-help-maker-naruto-tv-tokyos-top-earner-for-2013

Because they somehow convinced themselves that bleach was like naruto and one piece, which have one clear goal (hokage and pirate king)
So when it continued past Aizen's defeat, the ones who kept watching were shocked.
Hell most people don't even know it continued past Aizen and that it's over.
That's why bleach 2 will evive the scattered fanbase.

And I'm glad it ended, people were taking it for granted, let them yearn for it more.

btw Kubo's inter view had no info except that he has ALOT more fights to draw, so the manga isn't ending anytime soon XD
Aug 10, 2015 9:17 PM
May 2015
ichii_1 said:
UchihaProdigy1 said:

Because they somehow convinced themselves that bleach was like naruto and one piece, which have one clear goal (hokage and pirate king)
So when it continued past Aizen's defeat, the ones who kept watching were shocked.
Hell most people don't even know it continued past Aizen and that it's over.
That's why bleach 2 will evive the scattered fanbase.

And I'm glad it ended, people were taking it for granted, let them yearn for it more.

btw Kubo's inter view had no info except that he has ALOT more fights to draw, so the manga isn't ending anytime soon XD
unless it gets cancelled

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bleach Episode 361 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

MermaidGalaxies - Feb 21, 2012

153 by Zorosake »»
7 hours ago

Sticky: » How to Watch Bleach Without Filler (Complete) ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

ariamachi - Oct 16, 2010

210 by Xashinz »»
Yesterday, 12:09 PM

Poll: » Bleach Episode 40 Discussion

lsumi - Aug 13, 2008

35 by AdytuYT »»
Apr 24, 4:12 PM

Poll: » Bleach Episode 177 Discussion

Pokedude97 - Jun 25, 2008

24 by AdamSylph »»
Apr 23, 5:20 PM

» Bleach: Project Hogyoku (2024) - redefinition of the original anime

dzudoKing - Feb 1

15 by 18927 »»
Apr 23, 2:37 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.