Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 31, 2015 4:15 AM
May 2012
kisami said:
to be quite honest, this felt rather empty. nothing really happened.

Same here, I was impressed by what S1 and S2 brought and was so disappointed in S3 that I can't even see the whole point of the season. New characters but no story or development going on whatsoever unlike in the last 2 seasons.

4/10
Jun 14, 2015 8:55 PM
May 2015
I need 3 more season for this anime, i hope there will be,i love this anime ;(
Jul 4, 2015 7:15 PM

Jul 2012
MiMikuChan said:
kisami said:
to be quite honest, this felt rather empty. nothing really happened.

This

I found it rather boring, the characters were kinda flat imo
It was as if it was all about the fanservice of cute girls

5/10

What I got from the series:

Season 1 introduced Flonyard, war games, Shinku and Demons.
Season 2 gave us more heroes, more war games, with another dash of Demons.

So with the 3 nations having each a hero and already established character relations, I went into Season 3 half expecting the show to turn serious for realsies. The constant hint of a dark turn along with the OP not establishing too many new characters, led me to believe it was actually going to have plot, with how the cursed swords came to be and more about Northern Flonyard, which we've yet to be introduced to.

While I was slightly disappointed they didn't go as serious as I wanted, the Dragon Eaters arc was plenty serious to tie me over. Its my fault for expecting more out of a guilty pleasure.

What drew me into Dog Days in the first place and what kept me in it: Cute animal girls doing cute things.

I don't understand why people are bringing up fanservice as a bad thing. That's what the show was originally, until they showcased Demons in the first season which told us the show wasn't afraid to have actual plot.
jaxter0987Jul 4, 2015 8:25 PM
Jul 27, 2015 10:19 AM
May 2015
Am I the only one that's disappointed that Gaul didn't say Karyuu even once? (Fairy Tail reference)

After finishing the first season, I was really excited because of the amount of potential Dog Days had in developing into some epic story with a good romance. But the moment they mentioned they discovered a way to bring Shinku back and made it a happy ending, I knew it was gonna become even more lighthearted.

Predictions came true in season 2. There was barely any serious plot other than getting out war games. Lots of the cast became pretty obscure, like Godwin and Hina. I was hoping for bigger fights involving them where they go all-out (imo, Hina should've totally wiped the floor with Nanami). The show also took the harem route, and the romance was basically strained (everything romance essentially became gag material). Made that "I love you" from Milhi at the end of season 1 and that subtly crying Eclair feel totally pointless.

I didn't expect much from season 3 other than more fun cheerfulness and lightheartedness. And that's exactly what I got. All the conflicts were resolved pretty quickly, and the show reverted to it's usual happy fanservice formula. Even more characters became obscure

Overall, the show disappointed me because it didn't fulfill my expectations of developing into some epic quest that Shinku goes on. However, it was still fun to watch and there was basically never a moment I didn't feel the cheerfulness of the show. Even though I didn't get to see ShinkuxMilhi develop as much as I wanted it to (oh my God, that last scene with them made me cringe), it was cute watching their little moments (Eclair's own too). 4/5 hime-samas

Edit: season 4 pl0x
djackb000Jul 27, 2015 10:23 AM
Aug 17, 2015 2:27 PM

Jan 2011
Finally watched the final episode after yet another month, didn't like this season as much as the previous ones. Somehow it feels like it lacked actual content.
5/10 I guess.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Sep 25, 2015 1:11 PM

Jul 2010
objectively speaking, this season was pretty lacking compared to the first 2, but I really love this series for being all about fun.

Cinque also took a back seat this season, which was kinda of a shame.

I think this series objectively speaking has finished all it's potential, which is part of the reason I was so hesitant to finish it off. I don't think I will even see an anime this happy and loving, both towards the MC and to each other.

if there's a fourth season (which I doubt) I will be looking forward to it.

Sep 30, 2015 8:48 PM
Mar 2013
If they ever have a season 4(hopefully)

For a good story, if they can summon Heroes, then certain other countries could possibly summon Villains.(or Evil-Heroes or whatever)

Anyway, a opposite for the Heroes is needed. They have to introduce the 'Humans'
that would summon 'Villains' is what i;m trying to convey if that possible without repeating myself.
Crono-CrossSep 30, 2015 9:06 PM
Mar 9, 2016 12:37 PM

Apr 2015
A great and happy ending, as expected from Dog Days c:

I hope a forth ending season will be released ;)
May 30, 2017 5:21 AM

Jan 2012
The creators must be really confident that this will get another season,
"We'll be back soon" was, in last ten minutes, repeated more times than I care to remember. I was expecting something to go wrong right and the end so we'd be left with a resounding, "Or will they?" sensation, but obviously not.

Personally I'm not sure I'd pick up and watch a fourth season of this, the progression was slow and the character development was all over the place but at the same time non-existent (regarding relationships between characters, yes I know it's not a romance so go ahead blast me for saying this). I feel like I could've literally skipped half or more episodes from each season and still not've missed anything worthwhile.

However! I can't judge this series too harshly, it's moronic to take something as lighthearted and goofy as Dog Days! seriously. So, on the bright side, I did actually enjoy it from time to time, many of the characters were really cute and funny and I continue to pray for the day scientists are able to artificially or genetically engineer real life nekomimi.

All in all it was a cutesy series with an abundance of ecchi, light comedy and some nicely done (however childish) fight scenes. The voice acting was a laugh though and I don't just say that just because they had people poorly act for the animals and other creatures (as usual) but the soundtrack and animations were excellent, especially for the hero transformations.

Overall - 6/10
Not worth re-watching but not one I regret watching.

Side Note: Favourite character was Nanami.
Oct 25, 2017 1:48 PM

Apr 2013
This last episode kinda made Gaul seem like the MC somehow xD
What can I say about this season, maybe a little bit better than the first two seasons. But not good enough to get a better score I'm afraid. 6/10
Jan 18, 2018 10:41 PM

Jan 2016
I really, really enjoyed the first season of Dog Days. It was a goofy, lighthearted show with wonderful characters where people turned into chibi fluffballs when they 'died', but it also managed to insert some darker undertones with a nuance that managed to give the show depth and direction. I even went so far as to describe the show as 'Madoka-lite'* to my friends.

So it's a shame to see that neither season 2 nor 3 have managed to build upon the potential of the first season in any meaningful way. Instead, we've just managed to get a bunch of easy resolutions and a whole slew of side characters to the point that most of the original cast has been marginalized. Cinque (Italian for 'five'; was he named that because he only gets five minutes of screen time now?) and Eclaire (who got downgraded to 'supporting character' in the MAL character list and may actually only have been on screen for five minutes) are the most notable casualties of this season, but even characters who had more active roles to play this time around had little to no development. Season 2 at least explored the interpersonal relationships of our characters somewhat; Season 3 established that there's a land of dragons and a sky whale -- interesting from a world-building perspective but extremely unsatisfying from a narrative perspective.

Overall, Dog Days has abandoned the characters that lent it its charm as well as any sense of narrative direction. If they come back for a season 4 I hope they tighten their narrative up a bit and bring the original cast back into the limelight. I give this season a 5 overall, but that's inflated from the 3 or 4 the series deserves because I bear the world and people of Flonyard a lot of affection, making this season barely worth watching for me.

*You'll never convince me that Millhiore isn't just Madoka with dog ears
ReichterJan 18, 2018 10:46 PM
Jan 31, 2018 5:59 AM

Sep 2012
i hope it gets more season's, it cant end until pairings are set in stone!!!
ending without pairings is a crime, just to bad cops don't bother with crime this minor lol

Reichter said:
I really, really enjoyed the first season of Dog Days. It was a goofy, lighthearted show with wonderful characters where people turned into chibi fluffballs when they 'died', but it also managed to insert some darker undertones with a nuance that managed to give the show depth and direction. I even went so far as to describe the show as 'Madoka-lite'* to my friends.

So it's a shame to see that neither season 2 nor 3 have managed to build upon the potential of the first season in any meaningful way. Instead, we've just managed to get a bunch of easy resolutions and a whole slew of side characters to the point that most of the original cast has been marginalized. Cinque (Italian for 'five'; was he named that because he only gets five minutes of screen time now?) and Eclaire (who got downgraded to 'supporting character' in the MAL character list and may actually only have been on screen for five minutes) are the most notable casualties of this season, but even characters who had more active roles to play this time around had little to no development. Season 2 at least explored the interpersonal relationships of our characters somewhat; Season 3 established that there's a land of dragons and a sky whale -- interesting from a world-building perspective but extremely unsatisfying from a narrative perspective.

Overall, Dog Days has abandoned the characters that lent it its charm as well as any sense of narrative direction. If they come back for a season 4 I hope they tighten their narrative up a bit and bring the original cast back into the limelight. I give this season a 5 overall, but that's inflated from the 3 or 4 the series deserves because I bear the world and people of Flonyard a lot of affection, making this season barely worth watching for me.

i actually found S2 better then S1 & also S3 better then S1, but bit worse then S2
Jan 31, 2018 11:40 PM

Jan 2016
Sugram22 said:
ending without pairings is a crime, just to bad cops don't bother with crime this minor lol

Reichter said:

i actually found S2 better then S1 & also S3 better then S1, but bit worse then S2

I'm curious what it is you liked about S2 and S3 / didn't like about S1. The only thing I can think of is that you like Nanami and Rebecca. Personally, I preferred them when they were restricted to Earth -- their introduction to Flonyard has hurt the narrative potential of the series, and I think they were more interesting characters before they became heroes. There are only so many minutes per season; having to spread air time between three kingdoms has left the show feeling scattered, and characters don't have time for development . . . if they get air time at all.
Jan 31, 2018 11:44 PM

Sep 2012
Reichter said:
Sugram22 said:

I'm curious what it is you liked about S2 and S3 / didn't like about S1. The only thing I can think of is that you like Nanami and Rebecca. Personally, I preferred them when they were restricted to Earth -- their introduction to Flonyard has hurt the narrative potential of the series, and I think they were more interesting characters before they became heroes. There are only so many minutes per season; having to spread air time between three kingdoms has left the show feeling scattered, and characters don't have time for development . . . if they get air time at all.

i also like that there is bit more romance in S2 & S3 & it feels more harem, like the type where MC gets almost all the girls, it feels that type

but i was shipped heroes x princesses :D
Apr 13, 2018 4:31 AM
Jun 2017
This last episode was bad in my oppinion it felf so rushed! A big part of dog days has always been the returning to the normal world and the goodbyes usually take about 2 episode in this season it took 10 mins it felt rushed even the ending back to normal world scene was skiped to an entry for the ending song and credits.
Jun 15, 2020 1:23 AM
Oct 2018
olszam said:
i'm think 4 season will be soon.
manga and light novel literally has 5 chapters idk where the hell these guys are pulling the story board for that xD
Feb 17, 2021 11:40 AM

Nov 2016
Thi season was random to me, but this series is more about the fun anyway.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 31, 2022 12:17 AM
Voltekka!

Sep 2017
Cute and fun series overall. A shame that it's over, but all good things must come to an end.
Jan 23, 2023 5:13 PM

Jan 2021
I really enjoyed s1 and s2 but put off watching this one a while for fear it wouldn't live up. I hope I didn't predispose myself into not liking it by doing so, but yeah, this one wasn't nearly as good. Main issue is the lack of focus and too many new characters. There was the recurring theme of demons and cursed swords but they were seemingly all unrelated and never explained. There was the lost forest arc, the skywhale arc, and some miscellaneous stuff in the middle. It felt like three different shows jammed together.

But worse was introducing 5 new characters all in one season, three of them at the very end. I had forgotten Eclair was even in this series until she popped up again near the end. She and MC had a kind of love triangle thing going in the past seasons but to my recollection they didn't even speak once this season. Did they even have one scene together? Most of the (formerly) main cast seemed to get sidelined. There was only one quick bit with MC and pink princess playing together. I get not wanting to rehash it too much since it was shown before, but the character interactions are the best part of this show, so to skip over them like this was weird. Felt a lot was missing.

Anyway not a bad season, but it didn't seem to do as much as the last two. The jungle priestess was cool though, what was she some kind of a mink or weasel? Wouldn't mind if they had just focused on her and the rabbit prince as the two main newcomers and left Aria and the Skywhale stuff for a season 4, which they seemed pretty intent on making based on the multitude of "see you again" messages dropped in this episode.
Shrimp_TailJan 23, 2023 5:19 PM
Jul 25, 2023 12:57 AM
Jul 2021
And finally this trite reaches it's end! Good bye, and good riddance! 
Me every time I hear the word "reparations": šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dog Days'' Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2015

24 by Dawizz »»
Jul 22, 2023 12:46 AM

Poll: » Dog Days'' Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2015

35 by Dawizz »»
Jul 22, 2023 12:20 AM

Poll: » Dog Days'' Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2015

27 by Dawizz »»
Jul 17, 2023 6:10 PM

Poll: » Dog Days'' Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 21, 2015

27 by Dawizz »»
Jul 17, 2023 5:46 PM

Poll: » Dog Days'' Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 14, 2015

31 by Dawizz »»
Jul 14, 2023 2:14 AM
Itā€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.