Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (24) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Mar 28, 2015 11:42 AM

Jul 2012
I can see where the hate is coming from. There were problems with the story, like Asseylum marrying that random guy that got introduced in one episode? or Slaine not getting killed at all, and actually saved for what he has done? The OST was good. Ah well, this is not the worst of this season imo, it was enjoyable but it had the potential to be way better.

7/10.
Tom's Hardware graphics veteran++ (Legacy)
i7 6700K@4.0 GHz, ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING, RTX 2080, G. Skill RipJaws V 3200MHz 16GB,
Noctua NH-D15, CorsairRM 850x, Win10x64, 1920x1080

MyAnimeList!
Mar 28, 2015 11:42 AM

Jul 2014
kymano said:
deadoptimist said:
Damn, Harklight... *cries soundly, blowing her noze into the nearest curtain* Such a good loyal guy. So Slaine was an inspiring leader after all, judging from the actions of the Stygis people.

No named terrans dying is bullshit. Their plotarmor is the likes the world has not seen.

Oh, and also Lemrina admiring the beauty of battle is seriously good. Too bad she is sidelined.

It shows how Slaine is a waaaaaay better leader than Asseylum and the rest of the Counts.They'd rather die than return under Asseylum's rulership.
Speaking of which how comes Vers is not mentioned? Shouldn't this cour focus on Vers' affairs.

Whoa, even Baroucruz joined. That's something.

Dman, as far as the fights go they still haven't come to the idea od technical specs, their limitations and the meaning of the word "technically superior". Marito fighting as en equal with Hershel... In space...
Mar 28, 2015 11:44 AM
Sep 2014
Stark700 said:
Wait a minute...

What's this countdown?
S3 no way oh god no..........please end this although i will be happy if there is a season 3 that fixes this shit
Mar 28, 2015 11:44 AM

Apr 2008
deadoptimist said:
kymano said:

It shows how Slaine is a waaaaaay better leader than Asseylum and the rest of the Counts.They'd rather die than return under Asseylum's rulership.
Speaking of which how comes Vers is not mentioned? Shouldn't this cour focus on Vers' affairs.

A handfull of people out of the entire army he had when his castle of lies was still intact. Yes reaaaal Leader material there. Not
Mar 28, 2015 11:45 AM

Mar 2008
N T R Ending

Jun 2014
kymano said:
deadoptimist said:
Damn, Harklight... *cries soundly, blowing her noze into the nearest curtain* Such a good loyal guy. So Slaine was an inspiring leader after all, judging from the actions of the Stygis people.

No named terrans dying is bullshit. Their plotarmor is the likes the world has not seen.

Oh, and also Lemrina admiring the beauty of battle is seriously good. Too bad she is sidelined.

Technically anyone would be a better leader than Asshime
May 2013
What the bloody hell was that shit?? I was literally facepalming myself throughout the whole episode and even pause it halfway just so I can turn my brain off and watch it like I did with Gurren Lagann. Like seriously? The princess in the end did not pick Slaine or Inaho but instead chose a guy that was introduce like 1 freaking episode ago and I don't even remember his bloody name. Nobody that we know of died in Aldnoah at all seriously? Just wow.... it was much worse than I could have possibly imagine. 4/10 entire series just because of the awesome ost and animation.

Mar 2013
Asseylum logic: "Saving" Slaine by keeping him alive and making him live with the actions he's taken, in a prison cell, allowing him to witness how the world hates him and judges him. So lets blame Slaine for everything and make people believe he died.

lol
This is mercy.
Mar 28, 2015 11:46 AM

Jul 2014
Darklight0303 said:
A handfull of people out of the entire army he had when his castle of lies was still intact. Yes reaaaal Leader material there. Not

But people die for him. Willingly. Even another count, whose pal he killed. That's a sigh of him being an inspiring leader.
Feb 2015
Darklight0303 said:

You cant see the level of loyalty these Martians have to Slaine, a freaking Terran who was supposed to be seen as inferior and unworthy these Martians died for.Now thats really something.

Apr 2008
deadoptimist said:
Darklight0303 said:

But people die for him. Willingly. Even another count, whose pal he killed. That's a sigh of him being an inspiring leader.
deadoptimist said:
Darklight0303 said:

To a very small minority. It's worthless. ANyone can be a leader to a small group of people if they connect on some level.
Mar 28, 2015 11:47 AM

Jul 2014
FUCKING LOL AT THE NTR, at least it's better than season 1's ending with inaho being killed by the asshole betrayer piece of shit
Mar 28, 2015 11:49 AM

Mar 2008
I know its NTR, but well, she needs to marry the one with the royal bloodline to reclaim her authority on the Knights.

Feb 2014
I was expecting at least a god ending, but seylum's line "i;m taking (name of the guy) as my husband threw me off my chair. God fucking dammit. This piece of shit. At least S1 was awesome. S2 would be 10/10 if not for the last 2 eps. Inaho and Slaine got NTR'd in the end huh? Didn't expect that. NOPE.
FUCK THIS SHIT I'M OUTTA HERE!

Jun 2013
I still remember when this series was first announced in spring of last year. urobuchi and Sawano teaming up for a space-opera masterpiece. What we got instead was a clusterfuck brain-scattered story that didn't really accel in anything and was weak in so many areas.

What did I think about the ending? I was actually disappointed, which I thought would be impossible. I set out with the lowest expectations and still ended up underwhelmed. Earth's supporting cast...you know what? I think they might be the worst supporting cast in any anime I've ever seen. No intrigue, no development, and nothing that made them unique. None of them died, either. I found myself rooting for Harklight and Barouhcruz to at least kill one of them. Even with barely any screen time, those 2 characters were more interesting than any Earth had to offer. When Yuki was screaming "Rayet!" and the music started playing, I just knew nothing was going to come from it so I ended up pretty sad.

-Mazuurek was non-existent after being a plot device in the middle of the series. Remind me, why was he a character again?

-Dr. Troyard was also never even discussed after episode 8. Why did they scrap this story? They had a 24 EPISODES to gloss over something, ANYTHING that he did.

Ok, so now that that's out of the way...the ending for the main cast. Asseylum was a non-entity this episode, as it was always going to be Slaine vs Inaho. The biggest problem I have is that how fast everything just...ended. Asseylum proposes peace with Earth, Slaine kind of surrenders, loses to Inaho, and then gets captured and imprisoned while Asseylum makes peace with Earth (somehow) and gives them Aldnoah. This seemed way to easy to just do a time skip. It's like the writers realized that "Oh shit, this is the last episode? Why didn't anyone tell us!" It just feels like all this time has been wasted watching this show when nothing really happened in the end. i thought there was a greater purpose to this war. Maybe revealing something about Aldnoah or even explaining in greater detail about Slaine's goals and ambitions. They even blamed him for starting the war in the first place. Why? Whatever.

This show is a 5/10 for me. S2 Slaine was the only redeeming character in this mess. All I have to say is that I hope we never see a character like Inaho again in anime. All I wanted was an ounce of development...
SavethebestforuAug 28, 2015 5:23 PM

Jun 2012
julyachan said:
Asseylum logic: "Saving" Slaine by keeping him alive and making him live with the actions he's taken, in a prison cell, allowing him to witness how the world hates him and judges him. So lets blame Slaine for everything and make people believe he died.

lol
This is mercy.

Your first mistake was to assume anything Asseylum says or does makes sense.
Nov 2014
The only good thing about this episode is the first season OP lool.

Good riddance, Aldnoah zero.

Apr 2008
kymano said:
Darklight0303 said:

You cant see the level of loyalty these Martians have to Slaine, a freaking Terran who was supposed to be seen as inferior and unworthy these Martians died for.Now thats really something.
dragonshade said:
I know its NTR, but well, she needs to marry the one with the royal bloodline to reclaim her authority on the Knights.

Not to mention she's a princess so her marrying Inaho was kinda impossible. It sucks but that's how the dice roll
Mar 28, 2015 11:50 AM
Feb 2015
Darklight0303 said:

To a very small minority. It's worthless. ANyone can be a leader to a small group of people if they connect on some level.

The guy controls the Moonbase, a Landing Castle, and Barouhcruz's Base, thats thousands of Martians who put down their lives for the guy.

Feb 2014
TheIMF said:
julyachan said:

lol
This is mercy.

Yup

Jun 2013
deadoptimist said:
As for the last stand between Slaine and Inaho (yeah, I can't watch it in normal order, so I watch the fragments as I please), I can't stand the battle music already. Couldn't they have found anything better for the goddamned final battle? Cringeworthy lazyness.

Another huge problem I had. It's hard to get into their battle when you hear a synthesizer and broken english. Sawano surely has better battle OSTs than that.
Mar 28, 2015 11:51 AM

Jul 2014
Darklight0303 said:

Ahaha, no, people do not die willingly for people who they don't love or admire. And that was a whole platoon.
Mar 28, 2015 11:52 AM

Mar 2013
TheIMF said:
julyachan said:

lol
This is mercy.

Oh shit, my mistake here. hahahaha
And the second thing is to marry a random guy.
Yeah, this is inteligence.
Why not staying with Inahostu? He is not part of her?
Oh I forgot, she doesnt say anything that makes sense.
_junoMar 28, 2015 11:55 AM

Jun 2013
Darklight0303 said:
deadoptimist said:

Considering that he was able to inspire a Count that previously hated him to continue fighting for his cause says at least something. But then again is there any point in discussing anything about Slaine with you?

Jun 2012
I can't imagine how terrible this anime would have been without Slaine. He was the only character that developed. He was interesting and the possessed some nuance whereas everyone else were cut and dry, one-dimensional space-fillers.
Mar 28, 2015 11:53 AM

Apr 2008
kymano said:
Darklight0303 said:

The guy controls the Moonbase, a Landing Castle, and Barouhcruz's Base, thats thousands of Martians who put down their lives for the guy.

And yet only a squad came back for him. A single squad. Seriously open your eyes already. You're becoming an even bigger joke than Slaine.

deadoptimist said:
Darklight0303 said:

Ahaha, no, people do not die willingly for people who they don't love or admire. And that was a whole platoon.

Ever heard of suicide squads. That's what that last stupid charge was. Out of the entire powerbase only a handful of people actually disobeyed orders. That shows how admired Slaine was.
Mar 28, 2015 11:53 AM

Aug 2008
As a goddamn Inaho x Asseylum shipper, I'm fuckin mad. But hey, we got a kind of happy ending. I would've liked to see them have at least one normal moment of conversation and development, but that shit did not fly unfortunately. That was my main hope going into this season lol. The action in this last episode was well-done, too.

And I would like to hope that the person Doc was talking to was Lemrina in the epilogue.
Mar 28, 2015 11:54 AM

Apr 2014
julyachan said:
Most disapointing show ever. Had so much potential...

5/10

1)The princess married a random guy that was introduced just 1 episode ago.
2)Inahobot Friendzoned
3)Slaine took the blame for causing the war from the beginning
4)Lemrinia, what happened to her?
5)The rest of the cast was useless.
6)Oh no, there is a countdown.
Kill me.

Let's commit a suicide. Lets go!!!
Haters always gonna hate.
Mar 28, 2015 11:56 AM

Feb 2012
Ugh, I can already tell that Slaine is going to get out of jail in season 3 to help Inaho fight the Vers "revolution" led by princess Lemrina and Harklight.

I think the perfect plot for season 3 is that the Earth/Vers joint aldnoah generator explodes, killing all of humanity, The End.
May 2013
Time to watch some durarara awesomeness to calm my mind down from this bullshit

Mar 2013
Antearion said:
Well it finally has ended.

Man this was such a train wreck. The bad thing about it is it had so much potential and didn't do any thing with it. Just like the first season it starts off good, but after that third episode they like fuck it. Overall just happy it has ended.

4/10.

If you thought that was a trainwreck you don't know the meaning of the word.
Mar 28, 2015 11:57 AM

Oct 2007
deadoptimist said:
Kaioshin_Sama said:
I just see no real reason why he had to become the final boss when they had already had two potentially more logical candidates for the position and a chance to develop Slaine in a more nuanced direction.

Who do you mean?

Cruhteo and Sauzbaum both had a suitable charisma to them and the latter the potential to develop into a more interesting antagonist if they had actually allowed his storyline to continue. I'd even go so far as to say that the episodes that featured Sauzbaum and Slaine's dinner conversations towards the end of the first season were probably the best character moments the show ever actually had.

Instead though for some reason they just wrote him out of the story near the start of the second season so we never learn much about certain plot lines that just seem to have been outright dropped in favor of Slaine taking the reigns because I guess it would be easier and more convenient to write about in the 9 remaining episodes and they figured viewers would respond more to the whole pseudo-romantic tension and "oh Inaho please save her from the diabolical Slaine" bits. The turn his character makes is just so baffling and just seems so abitrary. The main cast had the potential to be okay and develop further but instead they chose to go the path of cheesy NTR melodrama to create tension. The supporting cast honestly might as well have not even really been there though, like you could have swapped out practically any of them and almost nothing about the story would have really changed.

Anyway it's pretty obvious that this writer never really had any idea how to tell a space opera type story ala Gundam, but when you look at his resume it's hardly a surprise as there's just zero experience there. The only reason he was even writing these scripts it seems is because he's worked with the director before on some other projects and they seem to be buddy buddy.

This show just chose it's principle staff poorly and for level of current popularity and connections as opposed to experience and fitness to try to do a Gundam style show, but then I've been saying that since the get go.
PeacingOutMar 28, 2015 12:01 PM

Jan 2015
Darklight0303 said:
So Slaine is now a prison bitch? Oh JUSTICE IS SERVED. Also wow Inaho sporting that Eyepatch nicely. So where were those who said Slaine would have some kind of Zero Requiem? Hmmmm come out come out wherever you are~ <3

Justice is done and all is well in the world.

Who was the one saying Slaine will die?
Who was the one saying Inaho will get Ass.eylum?
Who was the one saying everyone from Vers must die?

Regardless, it was an okay ending, they didn't butcher it but it was good enough.
Anime is 4/10
Feb 2015
[quote=Darklight0303]
kymano said:
Darklight0303 said:

And yet only a squad came back for him. A single squad. Seriously open your eyes already. You're becoming an even bigger joke than Slaine.

They're still Martians aren't they? It seems you forget as much as the writers do.
Face it, Slaine was a much better political leader for Vers than any other Count, seriously the writers had to timeskip to downplay that reason.
Mar 28, 2015 11:58 AM
Oct 2012
Stark700 said:
Wait a minute...

What's this countdown?

It's nothing. That countdown is always there before the episode airs. After it ends you can get a special key frame from the anime. No s3 and we don't need one. This shit is done and over with.
Mar 28, 2015 11:59 AM
Mar 2015
I feel sad for slaine. it would've been better if he died, now he'll rot in jail for the rest of his life.

there's no way in hell, a war criminal will get a second chance in life.

5/10 for me.
Feb 2015
OfficialMikoSM said:
Darklight0303 said:
So Slaine is now a prison bitch? Oh JUSTICE IS SERVED. Also wow Inaho sporting that Eyepatch nicely. So where were those who said Slaine would have some kind of Zero Requiem? Hmmmm come out come out wherever you are~ <3

Regardless, it was an okay ending, they didn't butcher it but it was good enough.
Anime is 4/10

They even had Slaine do the ending scene because the writers knew SLAINE CARRIED THAT SHOW.

Dec 2013
Can someone tell us how much longer in the countdown before they make their "announcement"?
HESTIAAPPROVES
Mar 28, 2015 12:00 PM

Aug 2013
No AsseylumxInaho. I am very salty. Marrying this dude from nowhere just adds to my salt.
Mar 28, 2015 12:00 PM

Apr 2008
kymano said:

They're still Martians aren't they? It seems you forget as much as the writers do.
Face it, Slaine was a much better political leader for Vers than any other Count, seriously the writers had to timeskip to downplay that reason.

A great political leader earns the loyalty of more than a handful of people. This is what you don't seem to comprehend

OfficialMikoSM said:
Darklight0303 said:

Anime is 4/10

1: Death would have been a mercy. Him living is much more cruel and fitting so I am glad I am wrong. Hell the fucker actually wanted to run away from it all, the consequences of his deeds and die at the hands of the person he wronged first.

2: That was my wishful thinking but I was never really invested into it so meh

3: What I never said everyone from Vers must die.
Mar 28, 2015 12:01 PM
Sep 2014
As a non Slaine fan. . . . . . . poor Slaine. The writers really had it out for you huh?
Mar 28, 2015 12:01 PM

May 2012
no s3
i will kill a man if it happens
save all the cute girls from ntr manga
Mar 28, 2015 12:02 PM

Apr 2008
kymano said:
OfficialMikoSM said:

Anime is 4/10

They even had Slaine do the ending scene because the writers knew SLAINE CARRIED THAT SHOW.

Your delusion is really showing
Mar 28, 2015 12:02 PM

Jul 2014
Savethebestforu said:
I found myself rooting for Harklight and Barouhcruz to at least kill one of them.

Hi. ^^

Yeah, Harklight, Baroucruz, Stygis guys and Lemrina - people, who were into battle and took it seriously - were so much easier to watch. Baroucruz opened up from unexpected side - he is a good honorable warrior.
On the other hand seeing the terran cast girls squal and scatter in space... somehow... was annoying. And Marito battling as equal with Hershel is too much.

Savethebestforu said:
-Dr. Troyard was also never even discussed after episode 8. Why did they scrap this story? They had a 24 EPISODES to gloss over something, ANYTHING that he did.

And now they mention his research! Have they not reread the ending speech or have they opted for it simply because of the line about the irony, even though they scrapped his plotline? Bizarrely bad.

Savethebestforu said:
This show is a 5/10 for me. S2 Slaine was the only redeeming character in this mess. All I have to say is that I hope we never see a character like Inaho again in anime. All I wanted was an ounce of development...

Yeah, 4/10 or 5/10 is a good realistic score many have already posted. I decide between these two as well.
I don't appreciate that they made Slaine cry in front of Inaho in the end. This show has too many crying in general, and I'd rather they have left him some decency. This level of abuse thrown at one character is rarely seen even in worst porn fanfiction.

Other than that the facts that breaks me the most is that the terrans are somehow fine with the losses, the knights disobey the princess and it's ok and that Earth gets aldnoah - is it finite or do they grow the shit? If they grow it, why can't they terraform?

The show has great emotional moments, nice idea and pretty designs, so it's hard to drop it, but the writing is godawful appaling. I dearly hope I will manage to stay away from the next season.
Mar 28, 2015 12:03 PM

Jun 2013
Hopefully Darklight can return to spamming the Fairy Tail forums now that this is over. I feel that the characters in that show are a lot more up his alley in terms of complexity.

Sorry I had to get that out. I had been waiting all season.

Deadoptimist said:

I guess it's time for us all to be banned anyways, right? Tachii-senpai I'm ready...
Mar 28, 2015 12:04 PM

Jun 2012
The biggest flaw with Aldnoah Zero is that the plot was fueled my the misery of one character. Slaine carried this show, it would be nothing without him.

Mar 2012
Did anybody catch that Slaine is being blamed even for Asseylum's assassination attempt in the news broadcast? he really is blamed for everything.

Jul 2009
Rayzer said:
julyachan said:
Most disapointing show ever. Had so much potential...

5/10

1)The princess married a random guy that was introduced just 1 episode ago.
2)Inahobot Friendzoned
3)Slaine took the blame for causing the war from the beginning
4)Lemrinia, what happened to her?
5)The rest of the cast was useless.
6)Oh no, there is a countdown.
Kill me.

Let's commit a suicide. Lets go!!!

as long as you dont pilot a german airplane...

Anyways im fine the way it end.

Since some asshole knights still don't surender, you can expected a 3rd season with anotherA sseylum assasination aptempt and Inahobot rebooting his eyes. And maybe a deus ex machina with Slayne coming to save both asseylum and Inahobot.... and maybe Cruhteo 2.0. diying in the process so one of those 2 can Bang asseylum.

So yes, 3rd season still possible
bruh
Mar 28, 2015 12:05 PM

Mar 2013
No one gets the princess (Inaho or Slaine), because she fell in love with a random guy that was introduced just 2 episodes ago.
Princess you are the worst character in this show so far.

FUCK THIS SHIT.
Im gonna watch Durarara and see Shizu chan breaking everything (this is what I want to do with the producers of this shitty show).
çç
Mar 28, 2015 12:05 PM
Feb 2015
Darklight0303 said:
kymano said:

A great political leader earns the loyalty of more than a handful of people. This is what you don't seem to comprehend.

Handful of people?? He had his Moonbase infiltrated , had Martians die to protect the princess, had Martians die fighting for Vers, had Martians die for him.That was not a handful of people, he had Counts,Knights and more than 3/4 of Vers empire under his control.If that didnt make Slaine the greatest Vers' political leader then i'd like to see who is.
Pages (24) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2015

831 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 21, 3:32 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2015

581 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 21, 2:29 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2015

1216 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 21, 1:56 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2015

566 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 21, 12:47 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero 2nd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 21, 2015

695 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 21, 12:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.