Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (24) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Mar 28, 2015 10:53 AM
Jul 2013
spoilers alert!
summarizing aldnoah zero
princess visits earth against everyone's advice and sparks a war that kills most of the terran population and the only one sent to prison is a traitorous terran who loved her. nothing else.
Mar 28, 2015 10:56 AM

Jan 2013
Terrible. Slaine was the best thing to come out of this show.
-Nothing can stay unchanged. Even so, can you still keep on loving this place?

-Be still my soul; when change and tears are past, all safe and blessed we shall meet at last.
Mar 28, 2015 11:00 AM
Jul 2013
I was trolled so hard by this damn show. All this time I thought Inaho was fighting to get Seylum and then she goes and marries the other guy wtf. Both Slain and Inaho got friend zoned, how depressing.
Mar 28, 2015 11:00 AM

Jun 2014
Subs out why no butthurt yet?
Mar 28, 2015 11:03 AM
Sep 2014
The episode itself was lightweight decent.
As of the rest of the season.

YOU HAD 1 JOB ALDNOAH WRITERS. . . . . 1 JOB!!!!

If and when a new Aldnoah series is announced 95% of the current watches will still watch it.

And so the disaster that was Aldnoah Zero 2nd cour has come to its' conclusion.

4/10 rating for the 2nd cour.
Mar 28, 2015 11:04 AM

Jul 2007
Slaine getting shitted on and his sandcastle falling was beyond awesome. Fuck yes.

I guess next season Cronkine will decide to be an asshole.
Mar 28, 2015 11:05 AM

Aug 2014
In the war no main character died from the earth side.Just lol
Ending Aldnoah.Zero ss2 : The worst, the most shitty ending I ever watch. Slaine was still suffering until the end.

Apr 2014
FUCK THIS SHIT!!! THAT FUCKING BITCH ASSSEYLUM VERS ALLUSIA SHOULD HAVE DIED ALREADY!!!
I'M HOPING THAT INAHO AND ASSEYLUM WOULD END UP WITH EACH OTHER.
BUT SHE DIDN'T SO IT'S REALLY FUCKING POINTLESS HAVING HER ALIVE,
SCREW THE PEACE OF SHIT BETWEEN MARS AND EARTH I WANT MORE INTER-PLANETARY WAR!!!
FUCK A1-PICTURES FOR THIS PIECE OF SHIT!!! THAT ENDING WAS THE WORST OF ALL!!!

I JUST DID MARATHON WATCHING THIS PIECE OF GARBAGE TODAY
THEN I WOULD GET THAT ENDING? GIVE TIME BACK YOU FUCKTARDS!!!

I'LL GIVE THIS GARBAGE A 1 SCORE OVERALL!!! PLEASE DON'T EVEN THINK TO MAKE A SEQUEL TO THIS SHIT!!!
RayzerMar 29, 2015 5:39 AM
Haters always gonna hate.

Jun 2014
CookingPriest said:
Slaine getting shitted on and his sandcastle falling was beyond awesome. Fuck yes.

No more of this shit.
Mar 28, 2015 11:06 AM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Slaine has been a terrible antagonist from the start, and in this episode, he was especially pathetic. I can't even begin to explain..

The result of the battle was predictable, but I really wished Inaho didn't save Slaine, even though it was a direct request from Asseylum. But I feel like he would've saved him anyways all the same.

So what happened to Lemrina? Still crying for Slaine's D? Probably so. Well, in that sense, Asseylum is actually no better either.

IDC if I'm horrible, but Slaine's crying scene at the end was hilarious! Fitting ending for a pathetic character like him. Not the mention all the falsified news about him in the public. XD

Overall, not too impressive. 5-6/10. Best thing about this show has been the OSTs and the mech choreography.

Mar 28, 2015 11:07 AM

Jun 2012
Slaine was the best character right up until the end.

Inaho was barely able to beat him despite having his AI and prepping his Kat extensively when Slaine rushed to sortie to save his comrades.

Ultimately this series relied on the misery of one character and one character alone to push the plot forward, and to that end the writing ignored logic and rationale when convenient.
Jul 2012
GIVE US MORE ALDNOAH EVERYONE SPREAD THE WORD WE WANT MORE.

Jul 2007
molassus said:
CookingPriest said:

No more of this shit.

its already confirmed bruh
Mar 28, 2015 11:10 AM

Jun 2013
Both Slain and Inaho got NTRed wtf. I hoped that Slain would die in despair as Inaho takes the princess but roating in jail isnt that bad.This season was more about Slain which was the worst char in this show.I guess fights were cool and OST was good.So 7/10 for me
Mar 28, 2015 11:10 AM

Aug 2010
So much lol XD Slaine got accused of being the one who started this whole war XD

Gotta admit from an enjoyment perspective I think this is one of the most fun series ever for a Slaine hater XD Dat Slaine in jail not even being aloud to be killed even after pointing at his forehead so Inaho can shoot him there XD

Slaine's sad/happy face while looking through the prison windows was glorious. He looks cool with longer hair :P

Don't care about who Seylum ended up with tbh. On the other hand El Dorito looks cute with her hair down :3
Barion-ZaraMar 28, 2015 11:30 AM
Mar 28, 2015 11:11 AM

Aug 2014
You just have the princess smiling blah blah with her new beau (Klancain) who had no point except serving as her Ken doll husband in the show. Looks like she gets everything she wants.
Mar 28, 2015 11:13 AM

Jun 2012
Next season Dr Troyard returns to bust his son out of his prison and kick up a new storm as the Ancient Civilisation of Aldnoah returns to reclaim their power.

Also, lol @ the fact they pinned the blame for the assassination attempt on Slaine as if he had anything to do with that.
Sep 2014
Vindstot said:
Slaine has been a terrible antagonist from the start, and in this episode, he was especially pathetic. I can't even begin to explain..

The result of the battle was predictable, but I really wished Inaho didn't save Slaine, even though it was a direct request from Asseylum. But I feel like he would've saved him anyways all the same.

So what happened to Lemrina? Still crying for Slaine's D? Probably so. Well, in that sense, Asseylum is actually no better either.

IDC if I'm horrible, but Slaine's crying scene at the end was hilarious! Fitting ending for a pathetic character like him. Not the mention all the falsified news about him in the public. XD

Overall, not too impressive. 5-6/10. Best thing about this show has been the OSTs and the mech choreography.

You have to admit that even the music in the 2nd cour was overused and extremely limited. Every time the song No Differences started playing in a battle scene i cringed.

May 2009
Hahahaha

What a scapegoat
Mar 28, 2015 11:14 AM

Oct 2008
So I guess that's that :no one died,peace just instantly happened in a blink of a eye,Slaine wanted to blatantly rip-off Johan from Monster in his last moment,the princess really ended up with that character introduced just 1 episode ago,Inaho is still a dumb face Gary-Stu robot,the rest of the cast exists I guess and are obviously as useless as ever.

Good fucking riddance,seriously just fuck this series....
Mar 28, 2015 11:14 AM

Jun 2014
CookingPriest said:
molassus said:

No more of this shit.

its already confirmed bruh

Trust me it wont happen
Mar 28, 2015 11:15 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
One thing I can say that I did like about the finale was the music and the action scenes
Mar 28, 2015 11:16 AM

Jul 2014
Dropped to the Magneto ending... God, the worldbuilding is one of the worst I've seen in years! And Slaine. Well, I must tell you I am sure the fujoshi are happy. I am so staying out of tumblr after a day or so, when all the fanworks about the prison sex between Inaho and Slaine start to appear.

Other than that from the ending it seems to me that the best interpretation would be a sort of a meta-gnostical story about a good character trapped in an irrevocably bad scenario, with the team of writers being a sort of an evil demiurge, that perverses the world created and left by a relatively benevolent deity (Urobuchi).

Edit: also Slaine does the exact same gesture as shot Saazbaum - I guess he picked up a lot from the man (a pity that he died).
deadoptimistMar 28, 2015 11:20 AM
Mar 28, 2015 11:16 AM

Oct 2012
I'm pretty sure that announcement is the one for KanColle, it looks identical.
Mar 28, 2015 11:17 AM
Sep 2014
Tokoya said:
One thing I can say that I did like about the finale was the music and the action scenes

The song No Differences was 90% of the music this cour. Made me dislike the song.
Actions scenes were solid tho.
Mar 28, 2015 11:18 AM

Jun 2011
Even Cross ange is better than this anime imo
Mar 28, 2015 11:19 AM
Jul 2012
Feaor said:
I'm pretty sure that announcement is the one for KanColle, it looks identical.
Because it was the same one.
Mar 28, 2015 11:22 AM
Aug 2013
What the fucking fuck?

I still hope to find out what this anime achieved, it was an extra for the NTR fans but that's about it. I hope this would be the end of it.
Mar 28, 2015 11:22 AM

Sep 2012
Bit disappointed, expected someone to die.

molassus said:
xapa said:
What the actual fuck?!??!??!?
xapa said:
What the actual fuck?!??!??!?

NTR to the very end

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

WOOHOOO ! DAMMIT i'm seriously ROFL on how shitty the series is :)

NTR'D TILL THE END!
Oh god who are you people?
Mar 28, 2015 11:23 AM

May 2012
Well it finally has ended.

Man this was such a train wreck. The bad thing about it is it had so much potential and didn't do any thing with it. Just like the first season it starts off good, but after that third episode they like fuck it. Overall just happy it has ended.

4/10.
Mar 28, 2015 11:23 AM
Feb 2015
LOL This has got to be the worst ending these writers could think of? Nothing made sense, all of a sudden the terran troops stomped Vers troops with ease, no named Earth characters died since all of them are somewhat used to fighting in space though neither Yuki nor Marito was there.
The Inaho and Slaine fight was drastically awful considering how much weapon Inaho had compared to Slaine, Asspull from Asspull?
Another season?? Why this shows already disappoints.
Mar 28, 2015 11:25 AM

Aug 2014
Even the alcoholic motherf.cker survived lol
Mar 28, 2015 11:27 AM

Mar 2013
Most disapointing show ever. Had so much potential...

5/10

1)The princess married a random guy that was introduced just 1 episode ago.
2)Inahobot Friendzoned
3)Slaine took the blame for causing the war from the beginning
4)Lemrinia, what happened to her?
5)The rest of the cast was useless.
6)Oh no, there is a countdown.

Kill me.
_junoMar 28, 2015 11:31 AM
Mar 28, 2015 11:27 AM

Jun 2012
Wow I don't think I have ever watched a series from beginning to end where I really liked the beginning and it got worse each episode. It wasn't any kind of crazy plot twists or w.e it just steadily got worse and worse and worse by each episode lol. Takes talent to make consecutive episodes worse than the previous ones.
Mar 28, 2015 11:29 AM

Apr 2010
Slaine was such a shit villain, Inaho a shit protagonist, and the rest of the cast were pretty garbage as well. Ah well, at least it's over now. I was kinda hoping this season would not be this lame but alas, it was. Definitely worse than season 1.
Mar 28, 2015 11:32 AM

Jul 2014
Damn, Harklight... *cries soundly, blowing her noze into the nearest curtain* Such a good loyal guy. So Slaine was an inspiring leader after all, judging from the actions of the Stygis people.

No named terrans dying is bullshit. Their plotarmor is the likes the world has not seen.

Oh, and also Lemrina admiring the beauty of battle is seriously good. Too bad she is sidelined.
Mar 28, 2015 11:34 AM

May 2012
Well then...

5 or 6/10 from me. That ending didn't really help anyway, but I like how they brought back the first opening for the ending

And wow, this season has had a bunch of bad endings lol

Mar 28, 2015 11:35 AM

Dec 2012
The writers chickened out.

Season 1 had a good start, but became rather repetitive with the 'Gundam of the Day' until towards the end where they developed Slaine and had that cliffhanger end.

Season 2 once again had potential despite reviving everyone - Slaine's rise on the Vers side, and the top brass of the United Earth Forces potentially bringing about conflict. However, the writers chickened out of the mess they created and created a convenient character to marry the princess of to - why did she even have to marry him again if she could just succeed her grandfather?

The story was terrible, no doubt about it.
The characters were flat with the exception of Slaine, and none of them were very likable at all.
The entertainment value is what kept it going for this one. While it had a bad plot and bad characters, I just look forward to seeing each episode every week.

4/10 overall
ClawViperApr 16, 2017 3:58 AM
Mar 28, 2015 11:36 AM

Oct 2007
And so A-1's grand scheme to surpass the Gundam franchise comes to a rather unceremonious end for now at least. Ambition and connections with popular industry people can only get you so far in the long run if you want to become an all time memorable genre title and not just an also ran.

Honestly A-1 needs to just stop trying to be some sort of catch all studio for everyone and just play more to their strengths which is clearly things like romantic melodrama anime and otaku/fujoshi stuff in a non-action suspense based setting where there usage of connections with can actually work out in the shows favor to some degree. I mean they're set up structure and M.O wise to be an assembly line like studio for adapting popular otaku/fujoshi licenses into anime of the not particularly action oriented variety while their parent handles trying to market them and play up their merits which usually results in at best them farming out any action scenes to other studios. In this case they couldn't even handle the mecha stuff themselves and needed a brand new 3DCGI studio Troyca to take care of it and the result is some rather low res models and some flashy but honestly kind of uninspired from a cinematic POV mecha battles.

Anyway this season was bloody weird the direction the cast took, but it was pretty evident from the way they chose to end season 1 with an obvious fake out cliffhanger that it was going to be pretty zany. What still gets me is the path that Slaine's character took which just does not make sense to me somehow as I've probably mentioned before. I just see no real reason why he had to become the final boss when they had already had two potentially more logical candidates for the position and a chance to develop Slaine in a more nuanced direction. On the whole though the cast just sucks which is becoming a trend with a lot of A-1 stuff I've bothered to check out of late. Just unlikeable bizarrely mean-spirited characters and treatment of them by the staff at least in terms of framing and arc.

Honestly I predict an Urobuchi scripted movie adaptation and here's why. For one it's an obvious card to play to try to get people to pay attention to this franchise (?) again and for another it makes sense to ride the wave of popular Urobuchi screenplays for animated films of late, all of which have managed to attract a sizeable audience. Mind you I think none of them have been particularly good (though i still haven't seen the Psycho-Pass movie) but this is a name that puts people in seats and at the end of the day that's the bottom line people care about. Of course if this did happen it'd make him look like a huge hypocrite and be kind of pointless at that since he claims that he had absolutely nothing to do with the story after the concept design phase and even went so far as to take a very unprofessional tack and say to blame the guy that's currently writing it if they have problems because he has no say in it anymore. If the story really is so far off from his vision at this point than I don't see what him writing a script for a movie would fix unless it's a full on retcon of the story and start from scratch as it'd just be him following up on something he claims to feel no attachment or responsibility too.
PeacingOutMar 28, 2015 11:42 AM
Mar 28, 2015 11:37 AM

Jul 2014
As for the last stand between Slaine and Inaho (yeah, I can't watch it in normal order, so I watch the fragments as I please), I can't stand the battle music already. Couldn't they have found anything better for the goddamned final battle? Cringeworthy lazyness.
Mar 28, 2015 11:38 AM

Feb 2012
As a character, Slaine was way more interesting than Inaho.
But in the end, I was just hoping they would both kill each other because they both still sucked.
Feb 2015
deadoptimist said:
Damn, Harklight... *cries soundly, blowing her noze into the nearest curtain* Such a good loyal guy. So Slaine was an inspiring leader after all, judging from the actions of the Stygis people.

No named terrans dying is bullshit. Their plotarmor is the likes the world has not seen.

Oh, and also Lemrina admiring the beauty of battle is seriously good. Too bad she is sidelined.

It shows how Slaine is a waaaaaay better leader than Asseylum and the rest of the Counts.They'd rather die than return under Asseylum's rulership.
Speaking of which how comes Vers is not mentioned? Shouldn't this cour focus on Vers' affairs.
Feb 2015
Can someone give the link to that countdown page?

Anyway there's not much to say because the climax essentially amounted to nothing and a lot of plot points are still unresolved. Nobody died from the Earth side and even Slaine survived. We don't know what happened to so many characters (Lemrina, Harklight, Barouhcruz) and the ending clearly stated the Vers knights refuse to cede their territory which I am guessing is the writers' way of saying the war is not over and there will be a season 3.

I hope Harklight and Barouhcruz survived if not the Stygis leader. Their act of loyalty was touching.

Like someone said this show has so much potential but the writers ultimately just didn't do anything with it.

In the end if Slaine wasn't so soft and actually killed Asseylum or just deliberately kept her in a coma everything would have gone to plan and this season might have actually gone somewhere.
Mar 28, 2015 11:39 AM

Apr 2013
jimjameswhatever said:
As a character, Slaine was way more interesting than Inaho.
But in the end, I was just hoping they would both kill each other because they both still sucked.

+1
Mar 28, 2015 11:39 AM

Jul 2014
Kaioshin_Sama said:
I just see no real reason why he had to become the final boss when they had already had two potentially more logical candidates for the position and a chance to develop Slaine in a more nuanced direction.

Who do you mean?
Mar 28, 2015 11:41 AM

Oct 2014
Definitely not what I had in mind but still good, this series was entertaining overall and in the end that's what matters for me.

And man I'm gonna miss these forums ;-;

Jun 2014
Oh my.this show finally reached so bad it's awesome.
The final fight was genuinely good.It was not just around a few gimmicks and it was not just Inoha doing most of the work.

The ending was so bad I couldn't stop laughing.
The princess marries a guy ,who may or may not be a good husband,we don't know because he is nothing but an underdeveloped plot device.
Earth apperently just forgives Marth for killing like 2 billion people and also ignores all the footage of the princess supporting war and genocide.
The best part however is that Inoha saves Slaine from "The chains of misery" by sending him to the prison for.... ever I guess.
Now Slaine can suck(literally) for the rest of his possible very long live.

Aug 2008
I think some people are confused on what NTR means.

But still for the war to end like this is kind of silly. Regardless of Vers now assuming to want peace, Earth people would still be rather angry at them and probably wouldn't want peace back. Doesn't really blend well.

Jan 2014
I lol'ed.

Mar 2013
All that death flags waisted hahahahah
Pages (24) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2015

831 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 21, 3:32 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2015

581 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 21, 2:29 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2015

1216 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 21, 1:56 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2015

566 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 21, 12:47 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero 2nd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 21, 2015

695 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 21, 12:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.