Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (17) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 21, 2015 8:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Welp, Inaho is back to his normal self while Asseylum is in tears at what has happened.

I'd say episode felt pretty calm for a penultimate. We also get Inko and Calm moments too...I mean, the show has to give some of Inaho's friends a few spotlights too right? Anyways, expecting big climatic battle or something soon.

They managed to squeeze some action in the final few bits. Heh.

Dem tears:

Mar 21, 2015 8:32 AM

May 2009
So princess is marrying Cruhteo 2.0. Sasuga Aoki. Last episode will probaly have both Eggs and Slaine dying.
Mar 21, 2015 8:51 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
bastek66 said:
So princess is marrying Cruhteo 2.0. Sasuga Aoki. Last episode will probaly have both Eggs and Slaine dying.
Well shit :|
Mar 21, 2015 8:56 AM

Jul 2014
bastek66 said:
So princess is marrying Cruhteo 2.0.

... O_o

That's a cosmic level of NTR. The wave will hit the fandom like a hurricane.

It's like... people have been killing each other about this for two goddamned seasons. The fandom warriors battle tiredly on their last breaths, knee-deep in corpses and covered in blood, and the wiriters say "well, never mind this, the prize goes to a new guy we've just though of".
- F** it hard, - I say.
Mar 21, 2015 8:57 AM

Apr 2008
deadoptimist said:
bastek66 said:

... O_o

It's like... people have been killing each other about this for two goddamned seasons. The fandom warriors battle tiredly on their last breaths, knee-deep in corpses and covered in blood, and the wiriters say "well, never mind this, the prize goes to a new guy we just though of".
- F** it hard, - I say.

It doesn't really since it's a forced marriage if anything if Asseylum is crying. So it's more of a who gets to crash the wedding now' kind of race.

Though again would rather wait for subs to come out before bracing for the storm.
Mar 21, 2015 9:05 AM

Oct 2014
What a crappy way to end the shipping wars!
Mar 21, 2015 9:11 AM

Apr 2008
fathertime said:

Forced marriage doesn't count as ending the wars really.
Mar 21, 2015 9:13 AM

Jul 2014
Darklight0303 said:
It doesn't really since it's a forced marriage if anything if Asseylum is crying. So it's more of a who gets to crash the wedding now' kind of race.

Though again would rather wait for subs to come out before bracing for the storm.

Well, yeah, I'll wait. But I am getting my shitstorm harness ready.
Mar 21, 2015 9:16 AM

Apr 2008
deadoptimist said:
Darklight0303 said:

Well, yeah, I'll wait. But I am getting my shitstorm harness ready.

According to some people on tumblr who know japanese, gramps tells Asseylum to become empress and makes her marry Klancain. So it's a forced marriage to make her empress.
Mar 21, 2015 9:26 AM

Jul 2007
Darklight0303 said:
fathertime said:

Forced marriage doesn't count as ending the wars really.

^This.

Odin(Inaho) will end up killing Thrym(either slaine or cronkine not sure both fit) at Freya's(Asseylum's) wedding. Heard here first.
Mar 21, 2015 9:27 AM

Nov 2012
Mar 21, 2015 9:30 AM

Jul 2014
Darklight0303 said:
According to some people on tumblr who know japanese, gramps tells Asseylum to become empress and makes her marry Klancain. So it's a forced marriage to make her empress.

Doesn't matter. They have been on it for 22 episodes, and Klancain for how long? two? Frankly, I am not sure I even want to watch it. ...more like I know I don't want to, and I am not sure it's worth forcing myself. (But you all will miss me terribly, I know it, so I am trying to convince myself.)

CookingPriest said:
Odin(Inaho) will end up killing Thrym(either slaine or cronkine not sure both fit) at Freya's(Asseylum's) wedding. Heard here first.

Has been mentioned already.
Mar 21, 2015 9:30 AM
Sep 2014
CookingPriest said:

^This.

well, i think inaho needs a Mjolnir to complete the task xD
Mar 21, 2015 9:37 AM

Apr 2008
Neobosco said:
CookingPriest said:

^This.

well, i think inaho needs a Mjolnir to complete the task xD

Mjolnir is Thor's thing
Mar 21, 2015 9:45 AM
Sep 2014
Darklight0303 said:

Mjolnir is Thor's thing

Thor is the one that killed Thrym in the wedding, and Mjolnir was his weapon. im talking only about the myth.
Mar 21, 2015 9:51 AM

Apr 2008
Neobosco said:
Darklight0303 said:

Mjolnir is Thor's thing

Thor is the one that killed Thrym in the wedding, and Mjolnir was his weapon. im talking only about the myth.

Well in that case Inaho needs a Thor before he needs Mjolnir :P
Mar 21, 2015 9:51 AM

Sep 2014
VanishingKira said:

Agree.
Mar 21, 2015 10:22 AM
Feb 2015
So what reason does Inaho have for stopping this wedding? Klaincain clearly seems to be the type of guy to want to make peace with Earth.
Mar 21, 2015 10:32 AM
Feb 2015
So it seems Slaine will still be the final villain(?) because Inaho will surely side with Klancain as Klancain is an Earth loving pacifist?

Or is it going to be shit tier ending where it's a literal three way battle for Asseylum's cunt between Inaho, Slaine and lolKlancain.
Mar 21, 2015 10:35 AM

Jul 2014
Frankly, not having watched this episode, I am not sure where the idea thar Klancain loves Earth is coming from. The fact that he is interested and wants to see it doesn't mean that he think well of terrans. And he is a versian count, child of completely nazi Cruhteo.

But if you refer to something from this episode, I am sorry.
Mar 21, 2015 10:38 AM

Jul 2009
wher eis the raw? i cant see it as usual -_-
bruh
Mar 21, 2015 10:50 AM
Jul 2012
I wish Asshime would die already. Slaine is still amazing, Inahobot is still amazing, Eddelrittuo is now a character I love for supporting Slaine.

Also Inaho can't tell if he was being sarcastic or not when he said his left eye said they would all be fine. :|

Also Asshime looks scary near the end. And that marriage announcement. Okay how is this going to end in 1 more episode.
JakeramsMar 21, 2015 11:04 AM
Mar 21, 2015 11:01 AM
Sep 2014
So if and when they make a new Aldnoah series will it be set in the past or in the future?
1 episode left and i see not resolution for anything.
If peace breaks out for no reason next episode i'm giving Aldnoah Zero a 1/10.
Mar 21, 2015 11:03 AM
Mar 2014
So that leak is likely going to be true? Loyal Vers and Earth vs seperatist Vers? Since I really can't see any other way by now for wrapping the series up - at least this season.
Well, that's gonna be interesting...

Edit: Also, forced marriage - shit.
Also - the emperor really is going to die soon, too bad the princess didn't get the throne naturally and was forced into the wedding to get the throne.
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Nth incarnation of NRVNQSR

Animatic (Anime-fanatic)
Mar 21, 2015 11:04 AM
Feb 2015
So Slaine didn't have a mental breakdown when Asseylum left him.

So much for the predictions of certain individuals, lmao.
Mar 21, 2015 11:06 AM
Jul 2012
Did anyone notice the ending theme for this episode and how it ended with Asseylum holding Inaho's and Slaine's hands.
Mar 21, 2015 11:08 AM
Feb 2015
Asseylum essentially just stirred up a civil war among her own people, who by Klancain's words have finally been united by Slaine, all in order to make peace with the Terrans.

So much for a Martian princess, lmao.
Mar 21, 2015 11:09 AM
Mar 2014
Jakerams said:
Did anyone notice the ending theme for this episode and how it ended with Asseylum holding Inaho's and Slaine's hands.

I'm under the impression it is a wish of Asseylum - peace between all. Sadly, unless Slaine breaks his promises to the Orbital Knights and forces them to stand down, that's not going to happen for quite some time.

Animatic (Anime-fanatic)
Mar 21, 2015 11:10 AM

Sep 2014
I Don't want war between Mars and Earth..:)
Mar 21, 2015 11:11 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
deadoptimist said:
bastek66 said:

... O_o

It's like... people have been killing each other about this for two goddamned seasons. The fandom warriors battle tiredly on their last breaths, knee-deep in corpses and covered in blood, and the wiriters say "well, never mind this, the prize goes to a new guy we've just though of".
- F** it hard, - I say.
This Times 1000 lol

This finale is going to be very entertaining xD Good episode to setup the final battle, I can't wait to see everything go down :)

Deathflags were raised so I expect to see some named character deaths (Hopefully Inaho's sister and Rayet aren't one of them)
Mar 21, 2015 11:12 AM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Klancain got guts to take Asseylum away and resist Slaine. In many ways, he's a much better Orbital Knight than his father.

I like how Eddelrittuo was trying to defend Slaine by saying he hasn't changed at all. Bitch, please! He may still be caring towards Asseylum, but he intends to destroy the Earth all the same, which the Princess loves so much. So what's the point?

Grandfather is a stubborn old geezer; still fixated on conquering the Earth. I wish he'd die already.

That Asseylum announcement at the end though.. I understand her aspiration to make peace with the Earth, but was it necessary to take Klancain as her husband? I guess it's her way of showing gratitude towards him for helping her out at a crucial time such as this. But still..

Decent episode. The finale should be epic as I await on Slaine's impending death.

Mar 21, 2015 11:13 AM

Sep 2012
I swear to god, if they leave a cliffhanger ending without Slaine or Inaho dying I will flip my shit.
Oh god who are you people?

Jun 2012
lol, can't make this shit up.

The show had a good opportunity to address Slaine's motivations and expound on the themes it's supposedly writing about but, to my disappointment, choose to skate over that with an irrelevant observation of the well-established fact that Slaine loves Asseylum as if that somehow speaks to why that supposedly kind boy that bored earth turned out the way he did. At least Eddelrittuo seems to be one his side, more or less. She definitely doesn't hate him, and she kind spoke on the point I've been making in previous discussions - there really isn't a hero or a villain in this story, only those who remain. Just as there is no one right in war, only who is left.

I don't think next episode will wrap up the show. I suspect a third season or a (series of?) movies following the season finale.

Jul 2010
Turning into a 3 sided battle, I can't help but feel that one episode won't be enough to have a satisfying ending.

Marrying Cruheto, I would like to see how the people in Slaine's side would react.
Mar 21, 2015 11:16 AM

Aug 2010
Dat Slaine Facepalm XD

Klankein disobeying Slaine was BA! Love this guy :3 And he was just named to be Asseylum's husband as the empress of Vers! I surprisingly don't mind her not ending up with Inaho ^^ Inaho can end up with Inko. She really cares about him and she's cute <3

I would've expected Mazuurek more than Klankein but I guess she knows him more than Mazuurek ^^; Props to Count Cruhteo :D

Friggin loved how Seylum just cut Slaine's broadcast and to add she just announced she's not his betrothed anymore!! Slaine GOT BTFO XD Tell me he won't be MindF***ed after that lolololol

Oh maybe Inaho won't die after all? When a MC says "That's a death flag" they're usually a bit more immune to death ^^; Dat Updated Orange! Looking friggin BA though!

Dat ED though :O Friggin loved it <3
Mar 21, 2015 11:18 AM
Feb 2015
Called it, the devs had played us all on a string. Sorry haters and fanboys, but it seems that neither Inaho or Slaine is going to get the girl.

On a side note, I am very suspicious of Crutheo Jr's intentions. He seems like a good guy, but since the writers had shown that the majority of the Obrital Knights are stuck up elitist so there is a good chance that his visage is a farce.

And Asseylum is playing the whole "marry me and end the war" card really heavily here.
Mar 21, 2015 11:18 AM

Apr 2008
This show is so shit, I can't believe it! That little loli telling Asshime how Slain have not changed at all, while Slains whispers to com assistant to send pursuers after the transport vessel. I just lolled hard at the ending, such a fucking original move! We totally did not see the same shit happen mid season. Did nobody brief Asshime on this shit before she made her stupid ass declaration?

So much forced bullshit in this season.
I shall know no fear as I am fear incarnated
Mar 21, 2015 11:21 AM
Feb 2015
FatefulLove said:
Turning into a 3 sided battle, I can't help but feel that one episode won't be enough to have a satisfying ending.

Marrying Cruheto, I would like to see how the people in Slaine's side would react.

Most people on Slaine's 'side' never really gave 2 shits about the terrible romance, most of us just want to watch a character that isn't extremely bland or outright terrible.

It's the same few cancerous Inaho fanboys who have been persistently bringing up the romance and trying to paint Slaine as some sort of possessive yandere every single week, like Slaine was deliberately keeping Asseylum in a coma, or he would have a mental breakdown when Asseylum rejected him or he would have a breakdown when Asseylum leaves/escapes him. Unsurprisingly none of those predictions happened.

Jun 2012
Fundamentally, Slaine hasn't changed, and if the show runner's commentary of last season's ending was to be taken into account, he will always operate by a maxim that centres on Asseylum's interest and what is best for her, whether he is right or wrong, or whether she likes it or not.

Slaine has no aspiration for his gains. Everything he does it for the sake of and justified by Asseylum.

MonadoRudra said:

Most people on Slaine's 'side' never really gave 2 shits about the terrible romance, most of us just want to watch a character that isn't extremely bland or outright terrible.

It's the same few cancerous Inaho fanboys who have been persistently bringing up the romance and trying to paint Slaine as some sort of possessive yandere every single week, like Slaine was deliberately keeping Asseylum in a coma, or he would have a mental breakdown when Asseylum rejected him or he would have a breakdown when Asseylum leaves/escapes him. Unsurprisingly none of those predictions happened.

Gotta give it to #1 Inaho fanboy Darklight0303 though. He's put a good an impressive record of constantly bashing Slaine and misconstruing events to a degree of obssession.
Feb 2012
Vindstot said:
Klancain got guts to take Asseylum away and resist Slaine. In many ways, he's a much better Orbital Knight than his father.

I like how Eddelrittuo was trying to defend Slaine by saying he hasn't changed at all. Bitch, please! He may still be caring towards Asseylum, but he intends to destroy the Earth all the same, which the Princess loves so much. So what's the point?

Grandfather is a stubborn old geezer; still fixated on conquering the Earth. I wish he'd die already.

That Asseylum announcement at the end though.. I understand her aspiration to make peace with the Earth, but was it necessary to take Klancain as her husband? I guess it's her way of showing gratitude towards him for helping her out at a crucial time such as this. But still..

Decent episode. The finale should be epic as I await on Slaine's impending death.

Can look at it from the standpoint of what Vers is modeled after. It wouldn't be taken very seriously if an Empress married a mere commoner and not someone from the nobility.
Mar 21, 2015 11:22 AM
Feb 2015
The prospect of a season 3 is ever the more stronger with this episode. Klankein could very possibly form a separate Vers faction, one that represents the old order.

On the other hand, it is clear beyond doubt that the UEF's command structure is corrupted. They could possibly pin the failure of securing (or killing) the princess on Inaho and the Deucalion. Forcing them to desert and forming a separate Terran faction.

The plot thickens, but how will the writers play it ?
Mar 21, 2015 11:24 AM

Aug 2014
I’m speechless, to put it lightly, and not in a good way. Literally, I cringed at how stupid Asseylum was in this episode, and the fucking ridiculous things that she said about Slaine. I literally facepalmed when she asked why he was “fighting a pointless war.” Like, HELLO, ARE YOU THAT THICK? And HELL YES EDULRITTUO, YOU TELL ASSEYLUM ABOUT SLAINE REMAINING THE GOOD GUY AND HOW MUCH HE CARES ABOUT HER.
Oh my god tho, I could’ve seen Asseylum becoming Empress coming a mile away but marrying Cruhteo’s son really caught me off guard. It’s obvious that it’s one of those “marriage for power” relationships, seeing as he’s her right-hand man right now, but I’m still allowed to scream in disgust at the whole thing. Shit is about to go down next episode. Why can’t Slaine stop getting dicked on omfg
Mar 21, 2015 11:25 AM
Feb 2015
And the idea of a forced marriage, while it is possible we have to see proof of it first. Because once they annulled the original marriage with Slaine, the confidence of the Versians are going to be shaken badly, and they will definitely not take to kindly to a new marriage proposal, not so soon and so sudden.
Mar 2014
Viktor_Otaku said:
The prospect of a season 3 is ever the more stronger with this episode. Klankein could very possibly form a separate Vers faction, one that represents the old order.

On the other hand, it is clear beyond doubt that the UEF's command structure is corrupted. They could possibly pin the failure of securing (or killing) the princess on Inaho and the Deucalion. Forcing them to desert and forming a separate Terran faction.

1) Yes, the command structure of the UEF is corrupt and entirely stupid it seems
2) They can't officially blame the Deucalion - they can't afford to lose it's crew (and with it the ship), since it's one of the strongest weapons/ships in their entire arsenal. (And whether the crew likes it or not, it's entirely suited for the commando-style operations the UEF seems to prefer against the Orbital Knights)

Animatic (Anime-fanatic)

Jul 2007
Darklight0303 said:
Neobosco said:

Well in that case Inaho needs a Thor before he needs Mjolnir :P

Well Marito might be Loki (due to Loki being referenced as being a drunkard by Heimdal)

Not sure who is Baldr or Thor in the team tho.
Mar 21, 2015 11:27 AM

Apr 2008
Viktor_Otaku said:

As much as I want to be positive and look forward to next week... I think the anticipation will built up during the episode just to get flat lined by some shallow plot twist near the end.
I shall know no fear as I am fear incarnated
Mar 21, 2015 11:28 AM
Feb 2015
BenMS said:
Viktor_Otaku said:

1) Yes, the command structure of the UEF is corrupt and entirely stupid it seems
2) They can't officially blame the Deucalion - they can't afford to lose it's crew (and with it the ship), since it's one of the strongest weapons/ships in their entire arsenal. (And whether the crew likes it or not, it's entirely suited for the commando-style operations the UEF seems to prefer against the Orbital Knights)

Who knows, given how ,ahem, "unpredictable" the writers are. This situation could very possibly played out. While they may not hold them officially responsible, they would very likely launch an investigation into the matter. And if they also uncover the fact that it was Inaho who freed Mazuurek. Then shit is definitely going to hit the fan.
Mar 21, 2015 11:31 AM
Feb 2015
And the Princess had just proven to me that her level of stupidity can fall to new lows. I mean what? Is "marry me and end the war" all you can do? And the war "pointless", lady had you ever had any serious discussion with any other person on why this war started in the first place other than your own mind ? Its okay if you can give me a valid reason to why you think it is "pointless', but don't just say it is just because people dies.
Mar 21, 2015 11:31 AM

Jul 2009
Well for now we can only make fanbase projection.

hypothesis 1 : inoha kick slain's ass in a space battle
hypothesis 2 : 3rd season
hypothesis 3 : asselum and inaho mysteriously disapear...
bruh
Mar 21, 2015 11:33 AM

Jun 2012
I'mma thrown in my hat for wacky season ending twists with hazarding a guess that Slaine's father will mysteriously reappear as some kind of emmisary of Aldnoah and harbinger of a threat that will require Earth and Vers to work together, i.e. for Inaho and Slaine to team up, as hinted at it in the opening.
Pages (17) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2015

1158 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 21, 4:14 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2015

581 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 21, 2:29 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2015

1216 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 21, 1:56 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2015

566 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 21, 12:47 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero 2nd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 21, 2015

695 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 21, 12:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.