Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Mar 21, 2015 1:18 PM

Oct 2012
nsa23x said:
Hulohot said:

[img]http://img-comment-lol.9cache.com/media/cef84f91141739623767142824_700wa_0.gif[/ img]

Who is this little devil?!
Kirino Kousaka
Mar 21, 2015 1:23 PM

Feb 2015
Feaor said:
nsa23x said:

Who is this little devil?!
Kirino Kousaka

Thank you!
Mar 21, 2015 1:39 PM

Aug 2014
The demonizing of side characters / villains for no reason at all other than to make our main characters look heroic and stuff. You know, where side characters act like jerks just to be jerks.

Anohana was packed with that cliche.

I dont like other cliches, but that one above I just hate it.
Mar 21, 2015 2:06 PM

Dec 2013
cliched romance
Signature removed.
Mar 21, 2015 2:25 PM

Mar 2015
if there so many cliched are used recently, is there any anime that still dont have any cliches?
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Mar 21, 2015 2:47 PM

Jun 2014
I think I remember answering this question in a similar thread nearly a year ago when I joined MAL. My answer remains the same.
Mar 21, 2015 3:59 PM

Feb 2014
-Harems where the girls fall in the love with the 100% normal completely average high school boy. If he's so average, then why waste your time competing with 5 other girls when surely there's more than 5 '100% normal completely average high school boys' that have no more or no less to offer than what this one guy would!

-Nakama power-ups/always make friends with the enemy no matter what they did wrong!

-Female who is supposedly one of the best fighters but as soon as her love interest shows up, she SUDDENLY doesn't know how to even do basic combat

-Any dere type done wrong tbh.
Yandere=I love yanderes, but it's annoying when characters go from being normal to murderous and it's treated as a joke or comedy...I mean, real yanderes aren't going to joke around like that.

Dandere=It's not abnormal to be shy around someone you like, but if 150 chapters later the girl still stutters 5 times on every word she tries to speak to the guy, that isn't shy, that's not having any backbone whatsoever and it gets annoying.

Kuudere=Comes off almost as bipolar as a tsundere done wrong would, basically they're just this boring robot-like character, "Oh I don't care....I don't care...Idgaf about anything or anyone....OMG I LOVE YOU SO MUCH.....anddd I'm back to not caring about anything..."

Tsundere=Comes off as bipolar because they go from treating their love interest like crap to all of a sudden spouting how much they love them when in a difficult situation??

Mar 21, 2015 4:07 PM

Feb 2015
Unyilkdr said:
if there so many cliched are used recently, is there any anime that still dont have any cliches?

Well most of theses "cliches" aren't even cliches, but tropes. I don't think it's possible to write a proper story without tropes.
Mar 21, 2015 4:09 PM

Feb 2015
I hate fanservice and sexist tropes in general.
Mar 21, 2015 4:54 PM

Dec 2010
Love interest: It's- it's not like I give you this chocolate because I like you or anything! BAKA!
Punches hero in the face. Runs away. Trips
Love interest: IYYAAH!

Camera angle for some reason changed to get panty shot.
Tentacles emerges from nowhere and begins fondling her breasts.
Mar 22, 2015 5:32 AM

Mar 2014
zat-bust said:
The "fall into boobs"

+1

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ask.fm My blog about me Past forum sets ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Mar 22, 2015 5:36 AM

Jan 2015
YouAreNotSugoi said:
Dead Parents. Every main character has at least one dead parent. Here's just a few

Rin from Usagi Drop
but they didnt dwell on it much and 2 tell u
so Rin is invalid
Twitter and it's consequences had been a disaster for the human race
Mar 22, 2015 5:36 AM

Mar 2014
oktavia-12 said:
-Harems where the girls fall in the love with the 100% normal completely average high school boy. If he's so average, then why waste your time competing with 5 other girls when surely there's more than 5 '100% normal completely average high school boys' that have no more or no less to offer than what this one guy would!

first of all, i dont think its a cliche.
and love is love. thats all

Mar 22, 2015 5:38 AM

Mar 2014
hansuchan said:
Love interest: It's- it's not like I give you this chocolate because I like you or anything! BAKA!

those girls should be killed.

Mar 22, 2015 5:58 AM

Jul 2014
Rin-ichihara said:
hansuchan said:

those girls should be killed.
That's why Grisaia invented fake tsundare ;)
Mar 22, 2015 6:10 AM

Feb 2014
The flamboyant gay characters and rapey lesbians like Kuroko from Index/Railgun.

A character is surprised to find their eyes have started to flood with tears and every single one of them reacts by saying "Huh? Why am I crying?". It's way too over used, especially in shoujo anime and manga.

Not the worst but I find it annoying nonetheless. Skipping what happens immediately in a scene and instead showing it a few minutes into the episode as a flashback. I thought it was quite creative when I first saw it in Steins;Gate, but then it began to get annoying when I started to see it in almost every anime, a lot of time it's not even necessary and comes of as gimmicky.
Mar 22, 2015 6:12 AM
Apr 2013
Useless mascots and i believe that they should be shot on sight.
Mar 22, 2015 7:17 AM

Jun 2014
"Hmph! I-it's not like I did this for y-y-you or anything! You j-just happened t-to be nearb-b-by! Baaaaaaaaaaka~~~!"
Mar 22, 2015 8:48 AM

Aug 2014
Where they used the whole:

"Ohhh, were not really siblings/cousins. Im actually adopted".

COME ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 22, 2015 10:25 AM

Feb 2015
Harem romance. Yamato nadeshiko is a close second. The "Nakama" crap where the MC gather a group of friends over the course of the first few episodes can get grating, too.

Rin-ichihara said:
zat-bust said:
The "fall into boobs"

+1
+1
Muan142Mar 22, 2015 10:56 AM

Mar 22, 2015 11:24 AM

Apr 2014
G_Spark233 said:
Nakama powa savin tha day
Mar 22, 2015 12:02 PM
Dec 2011
Fall on girl and grab her tit. Insta-dropped.
Cute, not pedo.
Mar 22, 2015 12:03 PM

Oct 2013
gooberm77 said:
Fall on girl and grab her tit. Insta-dropped.
Why u quoting the great Yuuki Rito.
Mar 22, 2015 12:12 PM
Mar 2015
-Hero powers up to the last, final possible limit (only to have this limit broken in the next arch)
-A girl who does nothing but whisper/scream the main character's name
-Bland, average main character that much more awesome characters look up to and follow for no reason
-Enormous sword- usually for a side character, only used by a main character when he's really beefy
-Sucked into a different world
-Fake Utopia that the hero first accepts, until he/she encounters someone who is oppressed
-When an old lady narrates, it's always in classical Japanese
-Aloof big brother that is secretly very kind (usually has black hair)
-Same gender friendships played up to almost romance for fanservice purposes
Mar 22, 2015 12:21 PM

Apr 2014
Girl shouting BAKA every time she gets embarrassed which is like every 10 seconds.
Mar 22, 2015 2:10 PM

Mar 2014
The "rule" where the male mc at least once shall accidentally touch female boob/ass/crotch, or literally fall on her.

Anything that happens to a female is automatically the nearest males fault, and shall be punished physically over it, no explaination possible whatsoever.

The mc getting a huge power up during a fight, suddenly exceeding someone that was way beyond their reach.

That suddenly, out of nowhere, comes a new, god-like antagonist.

And there's more, but don't feel like writing down all of them.
Don't complain about the wheel when you're too lazy to walk.
Mar 22, 2015 2:24 PM
Mar 2015
Rin-ichihara said:
oktavia-12 said:

Bland hero has all the girls falling for him happens all the time in anime. It's okay if people enjoy those anime, but it's definitely cliche.
Mar 22, 2015 4:10 PM

Aug 2013
CptJonasTheJay said:

Then you are watching the wrong medium.
Mar 22, 2015 4:17 PM

Feb 2015
Standing on a rooftop somewhere to have a think or thoughtful talk. Must be easy to get on the rooftops in Japan
Mar 22, 2015 4:22 PM

Jun 2013
Making a fuss over indirect kiss.
Mar 22, 2015 4:24 PM

Feb 2015
Crashmatt said:
Standing on a rooftop somewhere to have a think or thoughtful talk. Must be easy to get on the rooftops in Japan
Mar 23, 2015 1:34 AM

Mar 2014
Crashmatt said:

Well in my country its easy lol

Mar 23, 2015 1:55 AM
Dec 2011
Crashmatt said:

That's not so bad as THEY'RE THE ONLY ONES EVER ON THE ROOFTOP.
Cute, not pedo.
Mar 23, 2015 2:08 AM

Apr 2013
deus ex machina
It is so dense. Every single image has so many things going on.
Mar 23, 2015 2:22 AM
Jul 2018
nsa23x said:
Won't kill the enemy as it is bad (shounen disease).....such characters should be killed asap by the enemy him/her-self

Makes me want to kill both!
Mar 23, 2015 2:33 AM
Jul 2018
Rin-ichihara said:
oktavia-12 said:

Senpai taught me something I'm suppose to know since kindergarten
That must be love!
Mar 23, 2015 2:34 AM

Jan 2015
Crashmatt said:
nah even cows can climb on rooftops
Twitter and it's consequences had been a disaster for the human race
Mar 23, 2015 7:54 AM

Nov 2011
When the most popular girl in school like the MC. Even more if the reason she like him is stupid as shit.

Mar 23, 2015 10:38 AM

Apr 2014
KaiserNazrin said:
When the most popular girl in school like the MC. Even more if the reason she like him is stupid as shit.

every time
Mar 23, 2015 10:40 AM

Feb 2014
Females who makes approaches on character who we know is going to choose the other girl anyway.

"Everything you see on the internet isn't true." -Abraham Lincoln
Mar 23, 2015 10:58 AM
Dec 2014
There are some that I really hate

1. The school's idols are fighting over an ordinary and useless otaku. And that's because....ohh yeah, because he's kind -_-
I don't dislike harem situations when the MC is cool and it's actually normal for many girls to like him (ex: Madan no ou to Vanadis - the MC is a feudal lord. He's very talented in archery and he's also good-looking. He's not an idiot either)

2. Nakama power-up. (ex: Naruto and OnePiece). The MC is getting his ass beaten but thinking about friendship and shit, he suddenly bursts up and kick the villain's ass

3. Shouting your technique's name before using it. (I'm not talking about magic chants)

4. The opponent is evil. I'm talking about series like Kuroko no Basket or Free.
I mean, what the hell? It's just a game, why would they get worked up, starting to hate and wanting to destroy each other? -_-

5. Misunderstandings. Yeah, those situations when the idiot is stuttering and doesn't explain what actually happened, leading to misunderstandings.

6. The "good" always defeats the "evil".
You're right I'm butt hurt about Naruto. Although it's not over yet, it's obvious that Madara will be defeated

7. The villain has a change of heart through the power of love and becomes good

If I'll think more probably I'll find more, but those are already enough
Mar 23, 2015 11:14 AM

Feb 2015
orario said:

1. The school's idols are fighting over an ordinary and useless otaku. And that's because....ohh yeah, because he's kind -_-
I don't dislike harem situations when the MC is cool and it's actually normal for many girls to like him (ex: Madan no ou to Vanadis - the MC is a feudal lord. He's very talented in archery and he's also good-looking. He's not an idiot either)

2. Nakama power-up. (ex: Naruto and OnePiece). The MC is getting his ass beaten but thinking about friendship and shit, he suddenly bursts up and kick the villain's ass

3. Shouting your technique's name before using it. (I'm not talking about magic chants)

4. The opponent is evil. I'm talking about series like Kuroko no Basket or Free.
I mean, what the hell? It's just a game, why would they get worked up, starting to hate and wanting to destroy each other? -_-

5. Misunderstandings. Yeah, those situations when the idiot is stuttering and doesn't explain what actually happened, leading to misunderstandings.

6. The "good" always defeats the "evil".
You're right I'm butt hurt about Naruto. Although it's not over yet, it's obvious that Madara will be defeated

7. The villain has a change of heart through the power of love and becomes good

If I'll think more probably I'll find more, but those are already enough

+1
:::|| ---A N I M E L I S T--- || ---M A N G A L I S T--- || ---S I G N A T U R E S--- || ---C A R D S--- ||:::
Mar 23, 2015 11:35 AM
May 2014
Overused main character angst
Mar 23, 2015 11:41 AM

Apr 2014
orario said:

every shounen ever
Mar 23, 2015 11:43 AM

Dec 2013
Impala said:
Making a fuss over indirect kiss.

lmao, that's a new level
Mar 23, 2015 11:49 AM

Oct 2014
Girls,eating an exaggerated amount of food and still asking for more in this "cute" way.This fucking bitch from Akame Ga Kill drove me nuts.That´s not cute japan.That´s not funny.Stop doing it.
Mar 23, 2015 11:53 AM

Jun 2011
RufusLatro said:
Girls,eating an exaggerated amount of food and still asking for more in this "cute" way.This fucking bitch from Akame Ga Kill drove me nuts.That´s not cute japan.That´s not funny.Stop doing it.
would it be cuter if they were fat?
Mar 23, 2015 12:47 PM

Oct 2008
RufusLatro said:

Same thing I noticed and annoying me while currently watching Space Brothers,like literally all there is to 1 of the main female characters is that she is absolutely obsessed with food.
Mar 23, 2015 1:11 PM
Mar 2015
StevenHu said:
CptJonasTheJay said:

Then you are watching the wrong medium.

Enough anime that don't need fanservice or sexism to be good.

Porofy said:

In sports anime a cliche is that the opponent is evil until defeated/backstory is explained. There's a lot of 'defeat is friendship' cliche in that. In that way you see how closely it's related to adventure shounen, where earlier enemies often become friends as the story moves on to bigger villains.
One thing though, nobody is evil in Free. Angsty yes, evil no.

orario said:

This, totally.

moeanao said:

Girls hitting boys used as comedy.

Yeah, and then they sometimes even turn into their main love interest. I really can't see that as cute or romantic. Leave the poor boy alone.
MountainstreamMar 23, 2015 1:19 PM
Mar 23, 2015 3:17 PM

Mar 2015
A stoic and uninterested antagonist. Usually reading a book or quoting Shakespeare or something similar.

The power of friendship

Accidentally falling into cleavage.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Characters born on the same day/month as you ?

Yonahim_Zz - 4 hours ago

16 by DigiCat »»
19 minutes ago

» Would you allow an anime robot resembling an attractive human female to take your virginity?

TsutanaiFuun - 8 hours ago

35 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
24 minutes ago

» Do you feel just not excited for anime these days? ( 1 2 )

anizawa89 - May 10

63 by Nurguburu »»
30 minutes ago

» Which of your favorite anime actually has the most interesting story?

WatchTillTandava - Yesterday

23 by BitChilly »»
42 minutes ago

» Hidden Gems of Spring 2024

ForgotEyeWasHere - May 11

31 by BitChilly »»
45 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.