Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Mar 20, 2015 6:06 PM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 20, 2015 6:08 PM

May 2014
Looks good. It looks like Akatsuki no Yona.
Mar 20, 2015 6:21 PM

Aug 2014
Looks great. With the red hair and cloak, the main is indeed reminiscent of Yona.
Sieg Zeon!
Mar 20, 2015 6:27 PM

Nov 2012
Looks good.
Mar 20, 2015 6:29 PM

Jul 2013
Nice, I like the style.... not too shoujo-ish imo and heard the story is quite good so I'll be watching this.

Mar 20, 2015 6:31 PM

Oct 2011
Shirayuki's character design isn't nearly as perfect as it is in the manga, but I guess it's quite a bit harder with the animation and such. It looks still very good. I can't wait for July to come. :P
Mar 20, 2015 7:51 PM
Mar 2013
wow looks great <3
Thank you bones!
From the red head in AnY to the red head in Akagami no Shirayuki-hime~ I keep dropping the manga everytime I start reading AnS, idk why... I guess the anime shall boost my enthusiasm for this!
Mar 21, 2015 6:09 AM

Nov 2012
Definitely gonna watch this, really like Shirayuki's design
Mar 21, 2015 5:07 PM

Aug 2008
Deception. I find the character design (especially their hair color, maybe excluding Kiki) very different from the manga. At least, that's the feel it gives me. I would have never associated anime Zen with manga Zen if I didn't knew. Their design is just so much more beautiful with Akizuki Sorata's drawing.

And red hair girl is usual in anime, but I just want to mention that Akagami Shirayuki manga was published two years prior Akatsuki no Yona. And it's not like AnY in terms of story.
KuriniMar 21, 2015 5:24 PM
Mar 22, 2015 1:06 PM

Mar 2008
They shouldn't have changed the facial character design... It was as close to perfection as one can get - it fitted the characters perfectly and I don't understand why they had to change that.
Yet, it's worse in my opinion <_<
I'm just glad it's getting an adaption, that's all.
Mar 23, 2015 3:12 PM

Oct 2012
Ehhhh..........I'm not a fan of the Character Designs. The manga looks way better.

Mar 23, 2015 4:08 PM

Jun 2013
Kiki looks good and they capture Ryuu's gaze. The designs do look a little different but I won't mind it, so long as the story is done properly.
Mar 23, 2015 5:30 PM

Jun 2014
Wow! I've been reading the manga and it's quite good actually. The animation looks different from the manga but still enjoyable. I can't wait!
Mar 23, 2015 6:51 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Kurini said:
Deception. I find the character design (especially their hair color, maybe excluding Kiki) very different from the manga. At least, that's the feel it gives me. I would have never associated anime Zen with manga Zen if I didn't knew. Their design is just so much more beautiful with Akizuki Sorata's drawing.

And red hair girl is usual in anime, but I just want to mention that Akagami Shirayuki manga was published two years prior Akatsuki no Yona. And it's not like AnY in terms of story.

Yeeah I'm not a fan of the character designs either, it doesn't do justice to Akizuki's art style. Not saying that it's bad, if this was an original anime or something I would not complain. One of my favorite parts about Akagami no Shirayukihime is the art, because it has a really nice and relaxing feeling to it. It's simple, but the clothing are detailed, and it works. I don't get that same feeling when looking at the PV. Oh well I guess. And definitely Zen doesn't look like Zen ><

I said the same thing too about Akagami no Shirayukihime not being being like Akatsuki no Yona in the news thread. Akagami no Shirayukihime is more slice of life while Akatsuki no Yona has a plot, even if it's moving at a slow pace.

Still have to get used to Hayami Saori as Shirayuki too. The art is just a big bummer, but oh well. The character designs from shoujo manga can be a hit or miss when adapted into anime.
Mar 23, 2015 8:49 PM
Nov 2008
Yeah, I'm not too happy with the character designs either...but I love the manga so I'm still excited for this!
Bones is a great studio, so I hope they won't disappoint us...
...Who knows, this could be a rushed PV...?

Well, at least the voice actors chosen so far are great! :D
Mar 24, 2015 2:47 AM

Sep 2014
WOW!!!!! I was actually going to read the manga of this, but the visuals just made me wait for the anime =D
Mar 24, 2015 3:51 AM

Jan 2015
ahh i love this kind of anime,, just like western prince or princess story,,
:)
----- Lock and Load -----
Apr 3, 2015 10:26 AM

Jul 2013
the manga art is obv wayyy more gorgeous specially for zen and shirayuki but it looks good and i'm hoping with everything they don't mess up the story
Apr 3, 2015 11:05 AM
Jul 2014
Zen and Shirayuki don't look like their manga counterparts at all. Not saying that the anime art is bad, but it gives off a different vibe. Anyway, looks good and hopefully the story will be adapted well.
Apr 3, 2015 6:09 PM

Mar 2012
Huh...wasn't expecting the art to look so...flat and cartoony. Shiny too.
However, the animation does capture the characters' expression and demeanor quite nicely.
A good author leaves the audience enough material to be satisfied with, yet yearning for more.
Apr 4, 2015 12:21 AM

Dec 2009
Zen's so handsome <3 XD

Still prefer the manga designs tho, tbh~

Big Vers.
Apr 13, 2015 3:24 PM

Aug 2014
Is the person with the gray hair male or female?
Apr 13, 2015 3:40 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
y123y said:
Is the person with the gray hair male or female?

Male.
May 2, 2015 4:50 AM

Jan 2010
Well, those weren't the character designs I was hoping for.. but the animation looks good, though the style gives off a different vibe. I just hope they follow the manga.

Will most likely change this soon. || PNCH || PPFC || Anime Familia || EHC
May 6, 2015 7:24 AM
Jan 2015
looks horrible if you have at least a little of sense. Thanks Bones for fucking things up
May 6, 2015 7:29 AM

Dec 2013
Hm, I wish the main wasn't sooo similar to Yona, they are almost identical, feel weird about it.

And the art seems not as good as it was in Yona. Well, I hope the story is good.
May 7, 2015 8:34 PM
Jun 2010
I have high expectations for this. This manga deserves everything to be well done; the art (which looks very pretty), the animation, the voice actors...

It's a great manga and I'm so happy its finally going to have an anime!
May 7, 2015 9:53 PM

Nov 2007
They turned one of the most beautifully drawn manga to this? Cannot complain though. At least we get to see an animated version.

I love both Yona and Shirayuki. And I love Hak and Zen. And I really like the side characters a lot. However, I must tell those who are already comparing the two anime because of the two heroins hair colour being red: their similarity ends there and with that; even for both being shoujo anime. The biggest difference of all is Shirayuki has a very powerful personality from the very start of the story while Yona starts very fragile and weak. And for that reason alone, Yona sees more character development than Shirayuki over time. I will not spoil.

As for the other differences in the stories:
1. AnY has more action than AnS;
2. AnY has supernatural story while AnS does not; Except for perhaps shin-OBI. Haha!
3. The setup of AnY is based on East Asia (notably olden China, except for the names, which sound more Korean) while AnS has a setup of Europe (notably olden France, except for the names, which has character names made up from all over the world).

Despite those differences, what is common in both stories is both have excellent stories that are very refreshing in their genre.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
May 8, 2015 12:28 AM

Feb 2009
i've been waiting so long for an adaptation of this.

a bit annoying to see yona being compared to this when the manga of this actually started before yona. i'm getting the impression from some people on some forums that they think shirayukihime is copying yona when that's just ridiculous
May 10, 2015 2:56 AM

Nov 2004
I am absolutely in love with Akagami no Shirayuki Hime. One of my favourite mangas. I think it looks amazing. I'm so excited an anime is being made. I can't wait!!
May 11, 2015 6:27 PM

Aug 2013
Oh my god, now when I look up Zen's page it'll show his anime portrait -_-"
May 30, 2015 11:15 AM

Nov 2007
July 6 starts
http://www.clarines-kingdom.com/info/info3.html
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
May 30, 2015 9:19 PM
Feb 2013
I'm really sad the art style isn't similar to the manga ;-; I really liked Akizuki Sorata's art style... Plus, what is Mitsuhide in that PV? >_>
Jun 4, 2015 11:39 PM

May 2014
My hype is piling up on this...

Jun 18, 2015 5:51 AM

May 2014
Wow this looks very interesting ... gonna try this for sure !
The characters are cuties (that prince just stole my heart), plus the main girl voice a very good seiyu which made great characters like Shinoa from OnS and Shiraishi from Y-kto7-nM.
And as for the design, it looks like SAO ... so yeah count me in!
Jun 19, 2015 8:05 PM

Sep 2011
im interested in this, not expecting too much but it'll hopefully be a good time, tis gonna be one of the few seasonal i watch this summer so heres hoping i really do wind up like it, i love the staff but its ultimately coming down the source material. also is it me or does this look really low budget for bones, like REALLY low.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jun 26, 2015 9:35 AM

Nov 2011
I think I saw some new footage in a CM today. Not sure if it's uploaded yet.
Jun 27, 2015 12:48 PM

Aug 2014
I would have liked it if the male MC looked manlier and older.
Jun 27, 2015 9:55 PM
Jun 2013
Season after season, I hope Bones make something I'm interested in again. And season after season, they make stuff I'm not interested in.

I miss the early - mid 2000s.
Jun 29, 2015 10:43 AM

Sep 2011
Vox_Populi said:
Season after season, I hope Bones make something I'm interested in again. And season after season, they make stuff I'm not interested in.

Kekkai is great and this is apparently based off of a well recieved manga

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jun 29, 2015 10:49 AM

Feb 2015
I've been waiting for this for ages. This manga is definitely one of my favorites and I can't believe it's getting an adaption. I just hope the pacing will be good and of course, I have big expectations when it comes to the plot. I hope they didn't ruin the plot. Please.
Jun 29, 2015 10:49 AM

Apr 2015
I like the manga better :c
Jul 3, 2015 8:50 PM
Jun 2013
NotJizzyHitler said:
Vox_Populi said:

Kekkai is great and this is apparently based off of a well recieved manga

Thought Kekkai was boring. I'll try again later I guess.

I'm not discrediting the quality of the source material, it just doesn't interest me. It's entirely possible this ends up being an objectively good anime within the genre.
Jul 4, 2015 1:17 AM

Jul 2011
I didn't even know this was getting an adaptation until now, just a few days before its release. The manga is so good, would definitely recommend to those who haven't seen it/read it yet. I'm liking the character designs... but it's not as expressive and original as the manga designs. Looking forward to the series though!
Jul 4, 2015 4:20 AM

Nov 2011
Jul 6, 2015 12:58 AM

Dec 2013
Stark700 said:
Split cour confirmed

I would prefered it to be just 2 cour, but still, split cour is still amazing over 1 cour which I was worried it might be.
Jul 6, 2015 1:22 AM

Jul 2013
Stark700 said:
Preview #2:

Nice! Shirayuki's voice is just like what I imagined.
toumei_Jul 6, 2015 2:27 AM
Jul 6, 2015 1:47 AM

May 2013
They announced it will be split cour but not the number of episodes? Or does split cour necessary mean 12 per cour?
Jul 6, 2015 3:27 AM

Nov 2007
SanjiCC said:
They announced it will be split cour but not the number of episodes? Or does split cour necessary mean 12 per cour?

This is a misinterpretation in general. A single cour means 3 months which usually have 12-13 episodes. Split cours means split into cours. Which means each cour will have 12-13 episodes (generally) with 3-9 months in between (3 or 6 months is more common.) When it's 12 months or more, they don't refer to as split cours anymore. Rather they are just counted as different seasons.

Considering they have a certain someone not listed in the characters for the first cour yet, I think we will have to wait for the better episodes in the second cour. (Manga readers will get it.)

Rest assured. The story is very fascinating. It will take one helluva bad adaptation to ruin this. I will try my best to get used to the character designs. I think Shirayuki is more innocently cute and Kiki is more of a refined beauty in the manga. Zen's design all lacks the rowdy yet touch of nobility about him.

Seiyuu Notes:

Shirayuki (Hayami, Saori) Expecting Hatoko or Wako. Not Yukinoshita or Shiraishi.
Zen (Osaka Ryota) Expecting Maou Sadao. Not Nagate or Haruto or Yamada.
Obi (Okamoto Nobuhiko) Expecting Karma-kun and none other.
Kiki (Nazuka Kaori) Unexpected really (even though I like her voices I was expecting someone with lower pitch) Shimizu Kiyoko will be just about okay.
Mitsuhide (Umehara Yuuichirou) No comment as I haven't seen much. I hope he does a good job because Mitsuhide is one my favourite side-characters in all the anime/manga I have come across.
Ryuu (Sanpei Yuuko) Very good pick.
Izana (Ishida Akira) Perfect.
Raji (Fukuyama Jun) BASED.
Garack (Kaida Yuuko) Excellent pick.
Mihaya (Toyonaga Toshiyuki) Eeeeeeee~h?! Why?!
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akagami no Shirayuki-hime Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 14, 2015

166 by nyaasar »»
Mar 11, 3:15 PM

» Any anime’s similar to this one?

slutforhange - Aug 21, 2021

13 by Zarutaku »»
Feb 7, 8:58 AM

Poll: » Akagami no Shirayuki-hime Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2015

209 by XxEMOxKONATAxX »»
Jan 30, 8:10 PM

Poll: » Akagami no Shirayuki-hime Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 7, 2015

189 by XxEMOxKONATAxX »»
Jan 30, 6:35 PM

Poll: » Akagami no Shirayuki-hime Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Aug 24, 2015

127 by XxEMOxKONATAxX »»
Jan 26, 9:13 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.