Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 12, 2015 3:43 PM

Feb 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Whoa, when did they reach 100 Francs? Considering how much the troupe struggled when it was still Vitals & Remi + 4 animals they seem to be having an awfully easy time saving up that much money. Not that I'm complaining, it just seems a little weird.
It was great to see Joli Coeur finally be part of a performance, and it made them tons of money as well. I started sweating when the cop accused them of theft, but luckily it all ended well. I like how this show reversed the formula from hinting at hope and then extinguishing it to hinting at danger and then make it go away.
I'm still worried though, maybe his mom doesn't live there anymore or something happened to her. The cow might die or get stolen as well. The show was just so cruel early on that I'm always expecting something bad to happen :>.
I probably regret this post by now.
Jul 2, 2015 3:27 AM

May 2015
You can't really help but feel something bad soon will happen seeing as how it's been so cheerful recently.
Sep 20, 2015 3:25 AM
Nov 2014
They have been lucky so far in the last few episodes, only a matter of time before something bad happens anyway. Maybe Remi's mom has moved away from her house ? It's certainly quite intriguing to see where will this show heads into.
Nov 7, 2016 8:10 AM

Feb 2008
Why did they earn so much money compared to his days with Vitalis? It's quite obvious. It's Spring, which means there are a lot of festivals, and the weather is mostly good. I'd assume someone going to a festival will be willing to spend more money than someone who was just passing by randomly in a small town. Most of his time with Vitalis was Fall and Winter, and poor villages as well. Few times they got to wealthier towns they had problems with cops.

hysterical_ said:
I don't know if I'll like the direction of the series afterwards. I personally love to see more of their journey instead of having them fulfilled their goal in only a few episodes. I mean, it seems as though the series just wanted to settle the whole family meeting with Remi's foster mother by having him met the end goal before they look for Lise. -_-

Too soon to call it end goal since the whole Mrs. Milligan plot is still left open. That makes me worry about what's going to happen with his foster mother, or I guess maybe Remi will just spend a while with her and still continue his journey. It would be a weird end if he just went home after Vitalis died. There were never hints about that either I think, he just wanted to thank her for everything. But I'll see soon in the next episode.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Aug 9, 2018 9:13 AM

Sep 2011
I'm so glad to see things working out for once! All of their hard work finally paid off and they were really able to buy a cow!

Things weren't looking too good at first, but Joli Coeur II had a change of heart and decided to help the boys turning the troupe into a sensation even though the competition was fierce in that city! It was also nice that they were able to enjoy the hot springs, I mean, even if they went for the cheapest one it was still a luxury and I'm glad they were able to enjoy it a little.

Then I thought everything would be for naught, they were frustrated for just finding out how dishonest people can be when doing business, especially Remi since Mattia already has a better idea of how this unfair world works, and then it happened; that cop tried to take them to the station for having so much money, I was already screaming out "no, this isn't happening" when that vet saved the day, I'm so glad another kind person crossed their way just at the right time, and thanks to this chance meeting everything worked out in the end! They now have a healthy cow to take to Remi's foster mom, he's finally going to see her again!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ie Naki Ko Episode 11 Discussion

Alcoholicide - Mar 7, 2015

10 by ANDy342 »»
Jan 18, 11:00 PM

Poll: » Ie Naki Ko Episode 9 Discussion

Alcoholicide - Mar 6, 2015

6 by ANDy342 »»
Jan 18, 8:43 AM

Poll: » Ie Naki Ko Episode 3 Discussion

Alcoholicide - Mar 6, 2015

9 by ANDy342 »»
Jan 16, 11:16 PM

Poll: » Ie Naki Ko Episode 2 Discussion

Seabury - Jun 5, 2012

12 by ANDy342 »»
Jan 16, 8:40 AM

Poll: » Ie Naki Ko Episode 1 Discussion

Seabury - Jun 1, 2012

9 by ANDy342 »»
Jan 15, 9:33 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.