Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 6, 2015 9:29 PM

Feb 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I was surprised to see that was all that happened in Bordeaux since it's the first really big city they visited. Oh well, the landscapes were awesome so I'm okay with it ^^.

It was cute to see Remi make his first friend and get so excited about it. And even though I didn't expect a positive outcome it was still pretty cruel and very condescending how her father treated Remi :/.

I'm kinda anxious because so far this series has been more uplifting and heartwarming than I expected, but I'm pretty sure it's only a question of time until things start getting depressing :/.
I probably regret this post by now.
Sep 15, 2015 2:29 PM
Nov 2014
Another solid episode, Grace was extremely friendly towards Vitalis and Remi. Too bad her father isn't and that has caused quite a conflict between Remi and Grace. I guess leaving the town itself is the only solution to the problem, oh well. Atleast he made a new friend, didn't last very long though.
Feb 14, 2016 2:25 PM

Jun 2015
Well, the social clash. Quite obvious it was going to happen.

I feel bad for those 10 francs, after all they were 1/4 Rémi
Oct 24, 2016 10:02 AM

Feb 2008
Yeah the outcome was obvious from start, though normally shows would try to find a way for him and Grace to work it out, but thankfully not in Remi. This alone was a big experience for him.

Pullman said:
I'm kinda anxious because so far this series has been more uplifting and heartwarming than I expected, but I'm pretty sure it's only a question of time until things start getting depressing :/.

Pretty much, I expected Remi to be much more depressing from start, but while his story and journey are sad, they're full with warmth and care from Vitalis' side. Which obviously means things will fall apart eventually and get depressing. I like that way of story telling. I find that contrast works better than hyperbole and gradation in this case. I initially expected the story to be just a gradation of bad events that only get worse and worse, and I'm glad it's not like that, because that's often cheap. I'm sure the first major thing to happen in Remi will have an impact and be devastating at this rate.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
May 23, 2018 1:46 PM

Sep 2011
What a great episode! Focusing on the good things, the girl contributing with pastry instead of money was a pretty charming touch, I would be happy with some sweets too. haha

Remi's first friendship was brief, but meaningful. I thought the girl was lonely because her father was busy working for her sake, but he's actually a cold hearted man that pays her no mind. Remi had to go through a terrible experience yet again because of his preconceptions. I was so frustrated and infuriated, the poor kid was so happy, but was faced with a new harshness that with a bit of luck he wouldn't never need to.

Seeing he throw away that 10 francs with all his might was pretty relieving though.
Sep 13, 2023 7:40 PM

Mar 2020
What a sorry excuse of a father, I'm starting to notice a pattern in shit fathers in these old animes that Dezaki directed lmao (like Versailles no bara and Oniisama e)

Asides from that it was good to see Remi make his first friend despite the way it turned out. From the remote life he used to live, him going with Vitalis was probably a good choice so he could explore the world.

The narrator is so eloquent, I really how he figuratively reflects the scenes in the anime in different ways. Really a good addition to this amazing anime.
Joe, Joe Forever....
Jan 18, 8:43 AM
Nov 2015
So much class commentary. People were fine laughing and enjoying their time watching Remi but actually seeing him as human and letting him? No way. The way Vitalis knew straight away what happened was heartbreaking. That single coin was 25% of what remi sold for. And the cotsant mention of second homes. The way the people were dressed. It wasnt even subtext.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ie Naki Ko Episode 11 Discussion

Alcoholicide - Mar 7, 2015

10 by ANDy342 »»
Jan 18, 11:00 PM

Poll: » Ie Naki Ko Episode 3 Discussion

Alcoholicide - Mar 6, 2015

9 by ANDy342 »»
Jan 16, 11:16 PM

Poll: » Ie Naki Ko Episode 2 Discussion

Seabury - Jun 5, 2012

12 by ANDy342 »»
Jan 16, 8:40 AM

Poll: » Ie Naki Ko Episode 1 Discussion

Seabury - Jun 1, 2012

9 by ANDy342 »»
Jan 15, 9:33 AM

Poll: » Ie Naki Ko Episode 17 Discussion

Seabury - Mar 20, 2013

8 by AkaiWaZ »»
Oct 23, 2023 10:59 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.