Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 5, 2015 9:42 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I was preparing for major face palm moments when I saw onsen on that map. Looks like I wasn't far off...

And I'd expect foggy censors placed at inconvenient spots. Anime logic also dictates that the MC (Mononobe) in this case would get into some controversial spot so I wasn't surprised when he ended being up in the same onsen bath as the other girls; except he was hiding.

As for censors, wait for BDs. Creatures of this show keeps getting more bizarre each week..
Mar 6, 2015 12:26 PM

Oct 2014
OH FUCK, WHY IS IT THAT THE SUBS ARE ALWAYS LATE?
Mar 6, 2015 12:38 PM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
Mononobe gets to experience what's it like being inside the hot springs as the only lone male hiding away from the naked beauties. x3 Good job, Fyril! xD

Well that Mistilteinn failed to destroy the Basilisk. That big monster unleashed a powerful red beam of death from its third eye. o_O Looks like it's up to the young ones to stop this beast..
Mar 6, 2015 1:25 PM
Jul 2018
Good episode.

I loved how Fyril tricked Mononobe into going to the hot spring which reserved for him only for one day and let then him knew the truth by saying that she let him to see the naked beauties in return to make him happy.
Mar 6, 2015 1:26 PM

Jan 2012
As expected we got some hot spring fanservice. Also as expected the bomb didn't work...well at least they tried. Tear remains adorable and Honoka suspicious. On a personal note that commander shares my first name. Felt kinda weird hearing them say it, mighta been my first time watching an anime with a character that had my name. :D
Mar 6, 2015 4:09 PM

May 2013
Dem girls in the hot springs. Fyril not afraid to be standing in front of Mononobe.
Mar 6, 2015 5:55 PM

Aug 2014
So Ren is afraid of guys, except the male MC...... why am i not surprised?
Mar 6, 2015 7:29 PM

Jun 2013
Good episode, but probably the weakest so far
Mar 6, 2015 8:10 PM

Aug 2013
I'm interested in checking out the OST when it's released.
Mar 7, 2015 12:29 AM

Jun 2014
This show has several elements of a really good show. Good opening, Cool sound track, monsters that pose a real threat, an ever present sense of danger, cool "Super powers" and a power that comes at a high price.
except it fails to put them together. Mixed with terrible animations, really really boring characters and half assed fan-service it just falls SO FLAT.

Though this episode i got some SERIOUS NGE vibes. Anyone else get those?
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Mar 7, 2015 1:09 AM

Jan 2013
The usual situation of the male on a hot spring with woman... can't they change that to the guy's perspective for once... "hey your thing is hard, hey you wan't to touch it" < intended as a joke as to what the girls always say.

Still, I found funny with that music transition between the girls and Monobe.

Stark700 said:

As for censors, wait for BDs.

I don't think that the BD will have less "censorship".
Mar 7, 2015 2:14 AM

May 2013
It's a shame that the giant steel thing was easily obliterated by that hidden third eye. And it's after Tear.
Mar 7, 2015 8:36 AM

Aug 2010
I really love Fyril. She's best girl no doubt <3 Dat trolling :3

Gotta admit Tear is adorable as well <3
Mar 7, 2015 2:51 PM

Apr 2011
HOLY WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT VENASAUR?!!?

All was going well, suddenly SOLAR BEAM LOL

the hot springs was kind of okay, funny how the bgm transitioned
Mar 7, 2015 4:04 PM
Jul 2014
It's a trope, but it's still kinda unfair on the guy. He was there first after all, and he'd even been invited. Still, at least they didn't do the whole "discovery and kicking to death" thing.
Mar 7, 2015 11:26 PM

Oct 2014
-2 in my List. Im getting boring about this anime but i'll keep watching.
Mar 8, 2015 12:12 AM

May 2010
Poor Major General, he was so sure it would work. Dat frustration XD
Mar 8, 2015 6:05 AM

Jun 2014
Dude those 'dragons' keep getting weirder and weirder in a cool way.

Looks like Mononobe will show us his power again next week
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 8, 2015 1:11 PM

Dec 2013
Fryil is such a great wing-man. Onsen cliche without the truly ecchi stuff. What the heck is with the Evangelion parody in the last 4 minutes?
Welp, that's pretty much all I got out of the entire show.

This show really doesn't do a great job at piecing it all together coherently. I always feel like I'm missing some monologue or some pieces of information that should have been provided to us from the go. And whilst that D looked kinda like a cool snapper turtle, the animation for it was lame as heck, I would have expected more since seeing the other one a few episodes back.

I feel like the adaptation isn't doing the Novel justice somehow... Kinda like how I felt for Vanadis.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Mar 8, 2015 10:00 PM

Nov 2014
A minor annoyance on my part, but I hate the way they'really naming the "dragons". How is that, in any way, a basilisk? It'a like they'really just chposing random monster names, without consideration as to what they refer to.
Mar 9, 2015 1:31 AM

Dec 2012
Nothing special in this episode, the uselessness of the bomb was too predictable. The hot spring part was cool.
Mar 9, 2015 8:15 AM

May 2013
That mega particles beam cannon ....wth
Mar 9, 2015 9:53 AM

Oct 2008
Firill best grill. Obligatory Onsen. It's up to team mononobe AGAIN to finish this off...

Mar 9, 2015 12:24 PM

Apr 2010
Well the assassin background went to nothing this episode.
How can that guy by an "assassin" if he fell for such on obvious trap, being lured into the hot spring that is.
Then again it's anime.
Mar 11, 2015 5:52 AM

May 2013
Solo hot springs? Nope! Nice one, Fyril. (^_^)
So the NIFL decided to drop a bomb, but the Basilisk freakin' has a third eye!
Seems like Mononobe and friends will stop this one.
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Mar 11, 2015 4:45 PM

Jul 2014
The bomb didnt work cause no one need Tear's F**king cheer. I hope she dies next episode
Shirayuki= Most Perfect Female MC ever
Mar 12, 2015 8:29 AM

Oct 2011
Kirito's life and death battle. Not being caught in an hot spring.
Mar 14, 2015 12:56 PM

Aug 2013
The best part of the episode was the soundtrack changes every time they cut to Yuu in the hot spring. I lol'd.
Mar 15, 2015 2:31 PM

May 2014
PaleBlue said:
The best part of the episode was the soundtrack changes every time they cut to Yuu in the hot spring. I lol'd.

^ this xD
Mar 17, 2015 4:17 PM

Oct 2013
lets start first half of this episode was gold everything thing you'd expect and love from Fafnir
Now that second half were did they ever get the budget/time to make that sweet cg dragon O lord that was good >.>
TEAR!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
[/quote]
May 19, 2015 5:24 PM

May 2012
They're even failing at onsen fan service :#
Feb 20, 2016 8:27 AM

May 2014
Onsen onsen onsen!!!
"I lost all of what you could call feelings of love. They weren't sealed, so they can't be released. They weren't broken, so they can't be fixed. That which is lost, cannot be recovered." Shiba Tatsuya
"There are no regrets. If one can be proud of one's life, one should not wish for another chance." Saber
"No matter what happens, no matter how crazy things get, I'll always try to restore balance." Korra
"It's madness to let others take what's yours and accept it blindly." Baatar Jr
"Instinct is a lie, told by a fearful body, hoping to be wrong." Zaheer
"Partner in crime, partner in time" Chloe Price and Max Caulfield
Mar 7, 2016 12:01 AM

Dec 2012
BD watcher here. Disappointed.

Might have to add Firill to the harem now. She done good.

The spinning top was destroyed.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
May 7, 2018 4:25 AM
Mar 2017
Rebelhero said:
This show has several elements of a really good show. Good opening, Cool sound track, monsters that pose a real threat, an ever present sense of danger, cool "Super powers" and a power that comes at a high price.
except it fails to put them together. Mixed with terrible animations, really really boring characters and half assed fan-service it just falls SO FLAT.

Though this episode i got some SERIOUS NGE vibes. Anyone else get those?

For the salt pillars of the "dead sea" in the second impact ?.
(image of Evangelion)

The question isn't "What anime do you like?" That is merely a list.
The question is "Why do you like it?" That tells a story. Your story.
Sep 10, 2018 2:54 AM

Sep 2014
Better than the swimsuit episode I say

Other than that, that dropping of Misteltainn reminded me of Ultron dropping Sokovia in Avengers 2 lol
Jan 4, 3:49 PM
Oct 2023
This was probably the second best episode of the series so far, trailing only the opener, and not even trailing that one by much. It did everything magnificently. We got our hot spring relaxation and comedy, but not too much of it. Everyone was also still focused on the main objective. The dragon's true power was revealed, and it was a dangerous one- it massively speeds up the time of anything that gets hit by its beam. By like 1,000 years. Not even elves live that long (not that there are elves in this show)! NIFL is cocky with its weapon it built, Mistletein, but the dragon had an ace up his sleeves- a third eye. That eye produced the most powerful beam of them all and absolutely destroyed Mistletein. Episode ends with everyone wondering, "what do we do now?" Well first, don't leave NIFL in charge. Second, go out there and fight. You'll think of something. This dragon btw was by far the best looking dragon in the series so far. With that being said, it still doesn't look like a dragon. Baby steps, baby steps. Through nine episodes, my rating is 7.3/10. Now 3/4 complete. Three episodes to go!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Juuou Mujin no Fafnir Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2015

65 by SailorFairyDxD24 »»
Jan 5, 1:08 PM

Poll: » Juuou Mujin no Fafnir Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2015

32 by SailorFairyDxD24 »»
Jan 5, 12:21 PM

Poll: » Juuou Mujin no Fafnir Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 12, 2015

33 by SailorFairyDxD24 »»
Jan 4, 5:45 PM

Poll: » Juuou Mujin no Fafnir Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 26, 2015

39 by SailorFairyDxD24 »»
Jan 4, 4:55 AM

Poll: » Juuou Mujin no Fafnir Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 19, 2015

39 by SailorFairyDxD24 »»
Jan 4, 4:03 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.