Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 22, 2015 1:28 PM
Jan 2012
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Nice chapter, it's getting interesting again and the art is a bit better than last time.
Can't wait for the next one!
Feb 22, 2015 2:50 PM

Dec 2014
It was a nice chapter. Seeing matahachi in Kokura was pleasing and expected. It is only a matter of time until we see others such as Takuan, Ittosai and so on.

I am really interested in seeing how Kojiro as a character will develop from now on. Him becoming a instuctor and a Warrior for the Castle will be interesting to see and it is also something that i have been looking for.
Feb 22, 2015 10:21 PM

Apr 2014
I wasn't expecting another chapter so soon so this is a pleasant surprise. Looks like Matahachi is back, interesting to see what role he will play from here. Good chapter, Kojiro was entertaining as always.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 22, 2015 11:08 PM

Sep 2014
Lel'd how Kojiro poked Kaede in the end of the fight... :D

So it looks like Matahachi is back....just hope he won't start pulling off his bullshit again......

Feb 23, 2015 8:36 AM

Jan 2013
Oh the ol' good Vagabond. The series is truly back now!

So Kaede was a female? Didn't see that coming. She sure gave some trouble to Kojiro with that shoulder thrust.

Excited to see how Kojiro will develop, and will he be able to speak two or three words later on? This was an awesome set up chapter, along with Matahachi in the end.

That scenery at the sea... Wonderful.
Feb 24, 2015 4:16 AM

Apr 2009
Matahachi is finally back, nice.
And once again, Vagabond delivers with great panels.
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Feb 24, 2015 2:55 PM

Mar 2013
is it just me or did the art style change compared to the pre-hiatus chapters? the panels look more polished than usual now

Matahachi's return at the end was a nice surprise
Feb 25, 2015 7:21 PM

Feb 2015
Super nice to see Matahachi back in that last panel. I'm glad to see he's gotten some character development as well haha

Inoue, as always, delivers.
Feb 26, 2015 4:25 AM
Oct 2011
I started reading the original material, Musashi by Eiji Yoshikawa, a couple of months ago, and until where I'm at, the Sasaki Kojirou of the novel is a much better villain. Actually he doesn't even look as a villain in the manga.

And Matahachi, if you want this Matahachi dead then wait until you see the novel Matahachi. That guy is just too fucking dumb of a person you don't want to see him dead because death is too much for him. You want to see him die slowly.

Oh and as a reference, Kojirou had a monkey with him all the time in the novel, that's why he's called a monkey here.

The manga on its own is still pretty decent, there's still potential for some great confrontations and let alone the amazing quality of the art. And it's nice to see the series back after a long time.
Candor123Feb 26, 2015 4:29 AM
Feb 26, 2015 11:36 AM

Dec 2014
Candor said:
I started reading the original material, Musashi by Eiji Yoshikawa, a couple of months ago, and until where I'm at, the Sasaki Kojirou of the novel is a much better villain. Actually he doesn't even look as a villain in the manga.

Well he never was supposed to be a villian anyways. Thats not how he is presented in the Manga. He is the rival of Musashi,pretty simple. What makes kojiro special in the manga is his deafness and how he interacts with people without using words, but rather expressing himself through his sword. One reason why i llok so much forward to his battle with Musashi is to see his interactions with him.
Feb 28, 2015 7:19 PM

Sep 2013
The art on this chapter was actually vey good. Looks like Inoue is stepping up his game!
Mar 1, 2015 4:29 PM

Oct 2013
Mangetsu1010 said:
Candor said:

Well he never was supposed to be a villian anyways. Thats not how he is presented in the Manga. He is the rival of Musashi,pretty simple. What makes kojiro special in the manga is his deafness and how he interacts with people without using words, but rather expressing himself through his sword. One reason why i llok so much forward to his battle with Musashi is to see his interactions with him.

Exactly this. Vagabond is a fictional biography for Musashi's life(a version by Inoue). So like the book by Eiji Yoshikawa.
I am Hatedmainofanime. More no one.
Sep 22, 2017 5:27 AM

May 2016
What the hell where did that old Lord came from I thought he was dead lol.
Apr 9, 2018 10:20 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Matahachi in front of Kojiro again!!! kekeke
Nov 29, 2020 10:26 AM
Jul 2018
MATAHACHI is back even the horse reacted lol.
Oct 1, 2022 1:51 AM
Oct 2021
Sasaki can tame horses too lol
Jul 16, 2023 1:09 AM
Jun 2015
Matahatchi has also arrived at Kokura! Things are slowly shapping up as everyone is heading to Kokura other then Otsu and Jotaro.
I hope Takuan arrvies next and then Musashi! I have no idea where this is gonna go from here even though I only got as of this day 3 chapters left.

At all the people complaing about the art, its also the quality of the scans that take away a little bit as I have every Volume at home from Vizbig and it looks way better offically published even at it's peak
I also wonder did Inoue switch to digital from that Arc onwards?
Sep 18, 2023 8:37 AM

Aug 2022
It's Matahachi! Is he finally gonna give him the certificate?

More topics from this board

Poll: » Vagabond Chapter 327 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Interstice - May 24, 2015

105 by wafflegir »»
Apr 16, 8:50 PM

Poll: » Vagabond Chapter 2 Discussion

jeanfarias - Jan 15, 2012

16 by Goongalar »»
Apr 13, 4:53 PM

Poll: » Vagabond Chapter 59 Discussion

DeleteThisShit - Nov 28, 2013

13 by dantehasdantedme »»
Apr 12, 11:54 PM

Poll: » Vagabond Chapter 322 Discussion

Nidhoeggr - Jan 19, 2014

37 by astoneon »»
Apr 11, 1:52 PM

Poll: » Vagabond Chapter 315 Discussion

Raikoye - May 25, 2013

13 by astoneon »»
Apr 11, 1:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.