Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jun 20, 2014 7:32 AM

Jun 2014
The first two episodes are filler. It gets a lot better, just keep watching. I hated the first two and wasn't too interested with the next couple but it really does get better and hilarious.
Previously: BlueXRam
Jun 20, 2014 7:39 AM

Aug 2012
Thread Merged.
Jun 21, 2014 4:36 AM
Jun 2013
i started watching GINTAMA.... am at the 23rd episode now...

And its freaking awesome... its Super comedy and I LOVE it......

am gonna watch it all the way to the final episode ....

its just like beezlebub and D-FRAGMENTS....

i was looking for an anime like this... i am glad that i got into it...
May 13, 2015 12:01 AM
May 2015
XxdoobxX said:
Gintama is a crap. Every shounen shows that pass 100th episodes are craps. Gintama is a crap so don't watch it.

men, you are talking about all shounen anime? please specify those long shounen anime that are crap...i know many Looong shounen that are great like Onepiece,Fairytail,hunterxhunter,gintama etc......maybe you are talking about the boring Naruto and Bleach which has too many flashbacks and overpowered enemies...
May 16, 2015 11:14 AM
May 2015
Yes it is worth watching. Dude you won't regret it!! I've been looking for an anime that has a badass, strong, yet funny character, and Gintama's met all the criteria. Man, it's my favorite show! I cried, and i laughed while watching this anime. I recommend Gintama to the world. ;)
May 17, 2015 1:09 AM

Nov 2013
Gintama is awesome once it started it serious arc. but even the random daily life weirdness is very hilarious to watch
May 17, 2015 1:22 AM

May 2015
Kagumayo said:
Gintama is a LEGEND. Nuff said.....

Seriously... It really is..... even the movies were AWESOME......
May 17, 2015 10:45 AM

Dec 2008
Is this anime episodic or there are arcs?

May 17, 2015 10:47 AM

Aug 2010
MsBanana said:
Is this anime episodic or there are arcs?

Both.

"One must die and one must live. No victory, no defeat. The survivor will carry on the fight. It is our destiny... The one who survives will inherit the title of Boss. And the one who inherits the title of Boss will face an existence of endless battle."

May 17, 2015 10:33 PM

Jan 2010
Yes, it is.
Jul 7, 2016 11:10 AM

Apr 2015
Seeing All This.I Have Decided To Watch Gintama! :)
Jul 20, 2016 7:31 PM

Jan 2015
Wait until the Benizakura arc before you decide whether it's for you or not.
Mar 7, 2017 7:03 AM
Mar 2017
You really need to get through the first 10-20 episodes... it becomes a funny anime which is definitly worth watching!

But you are right, the first episodes suck pretty much because it starts of with a 'special edition' and character introduction.
Mar 7, 2017 7:11 AM

Feb 2016
Only if someone likes this kind of humour.I think it's actually really hard to like Gintama because not many people like this humour.I don't see anything bad about it.In my eyes Gintama is a good Anime.It has not a big story but I think it's one of the most enjoyable Animes I've watched.I wouldn't recommend it to everyone.

I will not believe that everything is controlled by fate.

ll X ll
Mar 7, 2017 7:49 AM

Jan 2017
People answering decade years old threads..........
Mar 13, 2017 1:45 AM

May 2013
people will be asking this question for decades
Mar 13, 2017 6:38 AM

Oct 2016
bhaktivinoda said:
people will be asking this question for decades

And the answer will never change.
Oct 29, 2017 10:50 PM
Oct 2017
Definitely! Although some of the fillers are a bit boring, the arcs are totally worth watching! I love Gintama because it can be full of comedy, jokes, and hilariousness in one moment, and it can be full of drama, action, and emotion in the next.
I would totally recommend Gintama to anyone who is wondering whether to watch it.
10/10
Nov 17, 2017 3:03 PM
Feb 2017
There's all these people saying its great, awesome, one of the best series. But never forget the other people who completed Gintama and call it overrated shit. So, this clearly depends on whether you like it or not. If you feel like its not good enough, and you don't feel like giving it a couple more episodes to decide that, than drop it. No one will get made at you. Hopefully you'll give it a few more episodes and decide.

I haven't complete Gintama and I am hoping to watch it sometime soon myself.

Nov 17, 2017 3:33 PM

Apr 2015
Well... I don't know... I haven't watched it yet :P
Nov 20, 2017 4:55 AM
Nov 2017
SpongySquish said:
There's all these people saying its great, awesome, one of the best series. But never forget the other people who completed Gintama and call it overrated shit. So, this clearly depends on whether you like it or not. If you feel like its not good enough, and you don't feel like giving it a couple more episodes to decide that, than drop it. No one will get made at you. Hopefully you'll give it a few more episodes and decide.

really? I haven't met people who completed Gintama called the series ''overrated SHIT.'' With or without MAL, Gintama is still amazing.
Nov 20, 2017 5:38 AM
Feb 2017
thisuserisshook said:
SpongySquish said:

really? I haven't met people who completed Gintama called the series ''overrated SHIT.'' With or without MAL, Gintama is still amazing.

I've met many people. I can't say their wrong because I haven't completed the series myself. I've seen a couple of clips and I tried not to laugh my ass off. :)

Nov 20, 2017 5:39 AM

Sep 2014
thisuserisshook said:
SpongySquish said:

I completed some seasons and I find Gintama to be really overrated. I wouldn't call it shit tho I can understand why people may like it so much. But on the other hand I get why not everybody want to watch this. I was watching it because it was one of the first long running series I started watching and now I completely lost interest in this. The ratio boring episode:enjoyable episode is too high for me.
Nov 20, 2017 4:50 PM
Nov 2017
Gintama is really worth watching tbh. It's a long running series that doesn't lose its quality. People would call it overrated bec of MAL but no, it's not.
Dec 21, 2017 1:01 PM

Aug 2013
Well, I never watched Gintama series and only heard some opinions. But I think if you combine all praising and all criticism we'll get in common 6/10 anime which is too long to bother with since you can take your time and use it for several different anime series instead. But hey, if you are into long term series with pretty average quality and slow pacing just like it's your typical comedy TV show then why not I think.
LawgunDec 21, 2017 4:05 PM
Dec 21, 2017 1:15 PM

Jul 2015
Lawgun said:
Well, I never watched Gintama series and only heard some opinions. But I think if you combine all praising with all critics we'll get in common 6/10 anime which is too long to bother with since you can take your time and use it for several different anime series instead. Buy hey, if you are into long term series with pretty average quality and slow pacing just like it's your typical comedy TV show then why not I think.
More like Critics and average watchers praise it so more like a 8-9 if we were to scale it(especially if the Final arc is as satisfying as it's manga counterpart) lol, and the pace is pretty fast considering Serious Arcs are on average 4-6 episodes long(compared to something like One Piece where arcs are like over 50 episodes)
SenpaiJay98Dec 21, 2017 10:21 PM
Sup...
Dec 21, 2017 1:32 PM

Apr 2014
no not rlly. i mean ye ok it is pretty funny most of the time but it rlly isnt worth all this time
Dec 21, 2017 10:22 PM

Jul 2015
dennyfftl said:
no not rlly. i mean ye ok it is pretty funny most of the time but it rlly isnt worth all this time
It's having one of the most satisfying Final Arcs in a Long Running Shounen manga right now, and if the anime adapts that Almost 1:1 it's going to have a great end unlike most Long Running animes(or most animes in general where they get incomplete adaptations, rushed, or go into filler hell then get cancelled)
Sup...
Dec 22, 2017 5:50 AM

Apr 2014
SenpaiJay98 said:
dennyfftl said:
It's having one of the most satisfying Final Arcs in a Long Running Shounen manga right now, and if the anime adapts that Almost 1:1 it's going to have a great end unlike most Long Running animes(or most animes in general where they get incomplete adaptations, rushed, or go into filler hell then get cancelled)

thats cool, satisfying endings are great. but way too many episodes just for a satisfying ending. i mean ye ok if the op has way too much time in their hands they shall watch it, but if they have an average life then maybe they should invest all this time in something else
Dec 22, 2017 7:59 AM

Jul 2015
dennyfftl said:
SenpaiJay98 said:

thats cool, satisfying endings are great. but way too many episodes just for a satisfying ending. i mean ye ok if the op has way too much time in their hands they shall watch it, but if they have an average life then maybe they should invest all this time in something else
true, I was mostly talking about people who have the time(or watching long animes or Manga already)
Sup...
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gintama Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Zerachroma - Jun 23, 2008

194 by Seraschi »»
Yesterday, 11:41 AM

Poll: » Gintama Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 )

almozayaf - Jul 28, 2009

95 by SPG_Anima »»
Apr 21, 3:56 AM

Poll: » Gintama Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Znote - Oct 3, 2009

107 by DaveyUwU »»
Apr 20, 6:31 AM

Poll: » Gintama Episode 113 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Randomnamechange - Apr 13, 2009

113 by DigiCat »»
Apr 16, 2:59 PM

Poll: » Gintama Episode 27 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Zerachroma - Jun 23, 2008

88 by decco6226 »»
Apr 16, 2:30 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.