Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 4, 2015 2:53 PM

Aug 2013
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
finally its back
man the art is kinda different but i love it and musashi has such a awesome change
JousukeFeb 4, 2015 3:03 PM
Feb 4, 2015 3:05 PM

Sep 2013
Seeing the art of this chapter is really depressing. We went from having amazing artwork to this, that while not being bad, is pretty underwhelming when compared to how it used to be.
It has been like this since the 300 chapter mark, more or less, so it's safe to say it'll stay being like this until the end.

The chapter itself was pretty chill. Finally the farm arc is over.
Feb 4, 2015 5:02 PM

Aug 2011
I am glad it's finally back...
It was quite nice summarizing chapter and pretty good start of new arc. Actually I think the art was quite fitting for the last, more philosophical focused arc... So I am not surprised that Inoue used it again, since it could be a drastic jump for tankobon readers. My only complain would be lack of backgrounds on to many panels.
Feb 4, 2015 6:33 PM
Jul 2010
Man, i totally didn't recognize Otsu. It's been too long, the art is too different.
But it's here!!! :D
Feb 4, 2015 8:50 PM

Jun 2014
I'm psyched that imperial scans decided to pick it back up.

Avok said:
Seeing the art of this chapter is really depressing. We went from having amazing artwork to this, that while not being bad, is pretty underwhelming when compared to how it used to be.

I actually love the new art style. It's different but definitely carries the same kind of tone. The stylistic choice also distinguishes it from other Inoue Takehiko series, like 'Real'. Color spreads, if not better, are still on par as always.

A couple of questions though. Does Otsu still love Musashi? And has this been confirmed the be the final arc?
SIOPAOBUNFeb 4, 2015 8:54 PM
Feb 4, 2015 9:38 PM

Sep 2013
SIOPAOBUN said:

I actually love the new art style. It's different but definitely carries the same kind of tone. The stylistic choice also distinguishes it from other Inoue Takehiko series, like 'Real'. Color spreads, if not better, are still on par as always.

Yeah, the color pages were stunning.
I disagree with the 'new' style part. It's practically the same, but less detailed and more sketchy.
Older chapters had hands down one of the best artworks of any manga, now it's just normal.
Feb 5, 2015 1:16 AM
Jan 2012
Nice to have Vagabond back.
Feb 5, 2015 9:12 AM

Jan 2013
SIOPAOBUN said:
Does Otsu still love Musashi? And has this been confirmed the be the final arc?

As for the first question, I believe so. Although the village's people praising her beauty, but regretfully stating that she has a man she's in love with, leads me to believe that Otsu has said such thing directly to them.

And as for the second one, if we're judging historically, it should not be the last one. Maybe this will be the arc where the series' climax will happen, but I believe that it will have short mini arcs afterwards. As for any confirmations, I am not aware.

Nice to have a legendary series back. Jotaru training to become a samurai huh! Quite nice. Musashi lecturing the rouge samurais, and lol at "That was a long piss"! xD
Feb 5, 2015 5:51 PM

Jun 2012
I forget almost everything. All i can remember is the farming. @_@ well time to reread.
Feb 5, 2015 6:22 PM

Dec 2014
Good Chapter. Overall a nice Comeback. Musashi's words towards the people he called a ''Reflection'' of his old self was definetely my most favorite part. The Art looks extremely sloppy, which i don't understand. Back in the day it was easily better. It was nice seeing other character's such as Kojiro. I am extremely interested in how he will interact in his new position.

About Otsu.
In the last manga exhibition there was a Big Hint with whom she will end up with.
IntersticeFeb 5, 2015 6:27 PM
Feb 6, 2015 9:10 PM

Jun 2010
Its certainly painful waiting for this series but while some disliked the farming arc I thought it was absolutely great, after all this is a tale of an extremely rough swordsmen who aimed to be the greatest and along that path evolved into a legendary swordsmen/philosopher.
Feb 11, 2015 11:15 PM

Oct 2013
Avok said:
SIOPAOBUN said:

Yeah, the color pages were stunning.
I disagree with the 'new' style part. It's practically the same, but less detailed and more sketchy.
Older chapters had hands down one of the best artworks of any manga, now it's just normal.

Artwork can not be analyzed only by the trace of beauty, but his cartooning, angle, setting, pacing and photography and symbolism of it. And this is stronger point of Inoue.

[spoiler]Pages like this

On this page we have the presentation of a solitary character, where we see him leaving the page and then returning to the sleeve. First we have three simple frames made in the form of inverted ladder, making every frame the character distances himself more, so in the third frame it already appears back giving the impression that leaves the scene. When the next frame is displayed in the earth, the character's connection to the sleeve, which brings the character back to that in the last frame to appear alone with only your name.

And to see the character alone, connected to earth, the author makes the remembered all cargo reader that the character carries, and throughout your journey, all this shows us how the name is Miyamoto Musashi, all done with a simple representation of art.
survivor_heroFeb 11, 2015 11:23 PM
I am Hatedmainofanime. More no one.
Feb 12, 2015 9:40 AM

Mar 2014
Sol_Ou said:
I forget almost everything. All i can remember is the farming. @_@ well time to reread.

Yeah, when he said "three years," I tried to think about what exactly happened in those three years. I remember the farming being one...
I have to reread to remember the other two D:
Feb 21, 2015 5:52 PM

Oct 2013
helloooooo
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Mar 30, 2016 7:22 AM

Nov 2014
Yes! The boring arc finally ended.
Nov 3, 2017 8:36 PM

Mar 2017
Oh how much I've missed seeing Otsu, her character is my absolute favorite in Vagabond.

Jotaro you've grown so much!
Apr 9, 2018 10:15 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Returns to the Kojiro story!!
Jotaro grow up!!!
Nov 24, 2018 12:26 PM

Dec 2016
The farming arc is my most favorite arc so far.

Interstice said:
About Otsu.
In the last manga exhibition there was a Big Hint with whom she will end up with.

Well, that's just break my heart. Even though I've assumed that Musashi and Otsu will never end up together, but I really wish they would.
Mar 20, 2019 5:10 AM

Aug 2017
It's been a year since Musashi and Jotaro's last meeting, right? I guess Jotaro seems a bit too old now, being 15
Apr 12, 2020 9:00 PM

Apr 2016
Holy shit Jotaro grew up!
Nov 29, 2020 10:21 AM
Jul 2018
Dang Jotaro is so big now.
Mar 31, 2022 6:42 PM

Sep 2021
How long is otsu going to remain just out of reach. I thought Musashi would have made up his mind at this point
Sci-Fi Enthusiast
Oct 1, 2022 1:50 AM
Oct 2021
Jotaro turned into a Jojo!!
Jul 15, 2023 1:40 AM
Jun 2015
And the beginnig of a new Arc!
Damn Musashi really feels like a different character right now! Amazing progression.
I see a lot of people have speculated about everything and complain about the art lol Art is not as good as at it's peak but still great!
About Otsu x Musashi, a lot of people are pointing to the exhibitaion and I got the whole book with that epiloge chapter in it so let's see.
But one thing is clear as this new Arc only had 5 chapters before entering hiatus and Musashi again questioning if he could stay with Otsu after he made up his mind before the farming Arc that Inoue clearly has and had no idea how to wrap up that series, he got 0 ideas how to do a satisfying ending to that legacy and thats why we got a 7 1/2 year hiatus at this point.
Neither Otsu x Musashii is clear nor is it clear if Musashi will kill Kojiro. There is a documantary about Vagabond from the year 2009 and it ends with Inoue saying he does not know how to end the series and does not know if Musashi will kill Kojiro or end up being friends with him. And I think he still didn't know when he did these chapters and neither does he know today hence the hiatus.
Excited for the next 3 chapters!
Sep 18, 2023 8:34 AM

Aug 2022
Jotaro has grown so much!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Vagabond Chapter 327 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Interstice - May 24, 2015

105 by wafflegir »»
Apr 16, 8:50 PM

Poll: » Vagabond Chapter 2 Discussion

jeanfarias - Jan 15, 2012

16 by Goongalar »»
Apr 13, 4:53 PM

Poll: » Vagabond Chapter 59 Discussion

DeleteThisShit - Nov 28, 2013

13 by dantehasdantedme »»
Apr 12, 11:54 PM

Poll: » Vagabond Chapter 322 Discussion

Nidhoeggr - Jan 19, 2014

37 by astoneon »»
Apr 11, 1:52 PM

Poll: » Vagabond Chapter 315 Discussion

Raikoye - May 25, 2013

13 by astoneon »»
Apr 11, 1:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.