Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (18) « First ... « 16 17 [18]
Jan 24, 2015 9:42 AM

Apr 2008
seujair31 said:

I'm having trouble with your English, but from what I understood all the problems you mentioned are plot holes and writers slackness, not character build flaws.
I understand if you think this anime is an insult to your sacred mecha genre -though I'm against stereotyping anime- and I understand if characters like Slaine are not your favorite, but I still think he is well written as far as the show goes. And I believe all the hate and debate around him indicates so.
Jan 24, 2015 9:59 AM

Jan 2015
TooFy said:
seujair31 said:

I'm having trouble with your English, but from what I understood all the problems you mentioned are plot holes and writers slackness, not character build flaws.
I understand if you think this anime is an insult to your sacred mecha genre -though I'm against stereotyping anime- and I understand if characters like Slaine are not your favorite, but I still think he is well written as far as the show goes. And I believe all the hate and debate around him indicates so.

my hate is addressed to Katsuhiko Takayama, making it the script, making the dialogues. if Gen Urobuchi would not have done tamnhha shit with the characters, you saw the clip of Psycho-Pass Movie, just two minutes clip, were better than all 11 episodes of the second season of Psycho-Pass 2.
Katsuhiko Takayama 90% of their work facing the shojo genre.
Jan 24, 2015 6:46 PM

Feb 2012
Raziel1991 said:
Okashi_sama said:

A war crime that happened in a war leading to a better future.... i don't see your problem.

Thats like saying that Hitler did nothing wrong because what he did was to give Germany a better future. Murdering people on a massive scale is wrong period no matter what your goal is, specially if its civilians.
Plain and simple Lebensraum for an evil Empire. Unlike the diseased Vagan who were abandoned and the Spacenoids of Zeon that were politically oppressed, the oppression of Vers citizens like Rayet comes from Vers' rulers.

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Jan 24, 2015 7:47 PM

Feb 2013
I do love me some space battles, and this one was pretty good.

Rayet - Mustang 22
What?! She should be Mustang 01 (since Inaho is 00). She's the 2nd smarted person in the whole anime... rawr! /rage

"You're an idiot"
"You're not lying"
Jan 25, 2015 8:02 AM

Jan 2011
Yay, some new main plot plot!
Pretty interesting, but it does feel at lot more light-hearted than the first season.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Jan 25, 2015 10:28 PM

Jul 2012
I like both the OP and ED. Inaho and Slaine are so OP haha. Amazing OST as always. This season is starting off pretty good.
Jan 26, 2015 12:28 AM

Jul 2008
Slaine and the other Princess deserve each other. They are both cuckoo.
Jan 28, 2015 9:24 PM

Mar 2009
I somehow think Slaine's manservant will be involved in the main plot at some point...
Feb 13, 2015 1:43 PM

Sep 2014
Nah , S1 OP was a lot better :P
That battle in space was great , and scene with Inaho's eye and Inko was quite funny :3
Feb 13, 2015 3:52 PM

Dec 2010
Inaho vs. Slaine was a bad try at fanservice, like someone would take that seriously after ep. 13.

People hating on Slaine, where do you get your arguments from? Fighting on Mars' side isn't enough to make him villain/mad man/bad character.
Feb 13, 2015 6:40 PM
Jul 2014
Meritas said:
Inaho vs. Slaine was a bad try at fanservice, like someone would take that seriously after ep. 13.

People hating on Slaine, where do you get your arguments from? Fighting on Mars' side isn't enough to make him villain/mad man/bad character.

The battle was very good and exciting, at least this series keep me interesting in mecha genre this season, no other series make feel this way.
Feb 13, 2015 8:06 PM

Apr 2008
Meritas said:

Try reading the arguments made in favor of hating him before being a lovely little fanboy and blindly defending
Feb 27, 2015 6:08 AM
May 2013
SparkleBunnies said:
I somehow think Slaine's manservant will be involved in the main plot at some point...

He should betrays Slaine I think.

WolfWood37 said:
Slaine and the other Princess deserve each other. They are both cuckoo.

They looks amazing together. IRL you need girlfriend/boyfriend which share your darkness and sins with you till last breathe even other hates and disregard. *sorry for bad english*
Mar 27, 2015 7:46 AM

Mar 2014
Episode was pretty good until Inaho showed up destroying those squads all by himself. Such a frustrating character
Mar 31, 2015 3:23 AM

Dec 2012
No surprise that Ina-robo-ho has literally become a machine now. I see Slaine is proving his worth as best boy. That face off between them at the end pretty much sums up the entire fan war over them that's been going on for months here. Not a huge fan of the OP but I like the ED.
Apr 6, 2015 10:20 AM

Jun 2009
They have officially done the impossible. Somehow they actually managed to make Inaho even more robot-like and annoying than before. I'm honestly impressed.
Apr 6, 2015 6:25 PM

Jun 2014
the space gravity physics in this show is about as inaccurate as captain earth.
Apr 28, 2015 11:49 PM

Jun 2012
Report Inaho aim hax

May 1, 2015 1:28 PM

May 2012
Pretty nice action and development, let's see what's next!
Jun 24, 2015 1:03 AM

Jan 2015
Inaho seems to be too addicted to his train bot but I don't see any accuracy drop his shooting was just flawless and nice battle. OP was once again a very catchy song
Dec 23, 2015 9:45 PM

Dec 2012
The fated meeting happened again. Orange-kun x Gull.

Guess Eddel isn't growing any time soon.

Glad the new princess knows her place since she wasn't in the 1st season.

Liked the 1st opening better. Dat godly Kalafina music. Also, I prefer the epic ending theme from the 1st season.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Aug 17, 2016 6:40 AM

Nov 2015

I'll be direct and say it:
I don't like that bionic eye.

Why? Because it is making an already OP character more OP. How comes that now he is the only one that can predict the shot trajectory with that eye? So, everyone else is useless again! I mean, if the software of that eye is so amazing why the hell don't they install it in their Cataphracts units so they can aim better and have trajectory curves too!?

I don't want a one man army.

I really loved first season, even with its inconsistencies and Inaho's OPness but this is too much BS. Besides, the OP and ED are not near as good as they were, shame.

PD: That "I hate you" from the new princess... JA, such a lie.
HumbertoZeroAug 17, 2016 6:52 AM
Aug 19, 2016 5:32 PM

Apr 2014
I'm Going To comment Something That May or may not many people Comment about... like Heero In gundam Wing . This Martians Probably never heard of a Spacesuit. It's Logic that there is a chance of survival if you Wear a Spacesuit. why only Humans Wear them? Are they Really Idiots who only has Lots of Powers but Zero Comment Sense?
Front Hooks...Oh yeah...
Oct 26, 2016 11:37 PM

Apr 2010
HumbertoZero said:

I'll be direct and say it:
I don't like that bionic eye.

Why? Because it is making an already OP character more OP. How comes that now he is the only one that can predict the shot trajectory with that eye? So, everyone else is useless again! I mean, if the software of that eye is so amazing why the hell don't they install it in their Cataphracts units so they can aim better and have trajectory curves too!?

I don't want a one man army.

I really loved first season, even with its inconsistencies and Inaho's OPness but this is too much BS. Besides, the OP and ED are not near as good as they were, shame.

PD: That "I hate you" from the new princess... JA, such a lie.

I agree with this....I just don't know if I'm interested enough to finish this season as I barely scrapped by during the first.
Dec 21, 2016 9:19 PM

Sep 2015
How does Inaho know all that info about Tharsis especially about the dead Count being the previous owner.
Feb 3, 2018 8:29 AM

Aug 2017
Great Episode
Liked the fight in space and the duel too
Feb 4, 2018 3:23 AM

Jun 2017
Slaine: Dn't wurry we wil C da prncess smil agen, onc e we kil al l her frends

Man, episode 2 and he hasn't died yet? I've been waiting since last episode, how long is this going to take?! I'm tired of him giving sexual favors to that count.

What EXACTLY makes these morons believe that conquering earth will change anything??? why the hell would it? virtually every government on Earth has the same problem with corruption, lol. In fact - and I was thinking this the entire last season - it's a HUGE leap to blame earth for the situation on Mars like they've alluded to several times. It wasn't "Earth" that control Aldnoah. It wasn't "Earth" controlling their corrupt government. It wasn't "Earth" that took their resources.

I guess living on Mars and in space make you a really irrational primate. Ooga Booga!

Well, maybe Slaine dies in the next episode. Hopefully.
Alpha-MethylFeb 4, 2018 3:33 AM
Apr 3, 2018 8:18 AM

Aug 2017
The kiss scene was werid. The emperor is dumb lol. Inaho vs Slaine yeahhh.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Mar 13, 2020 4:33 PM

Feb 2018
Woahh new Hime more cute xD.
Jun 11, 2020 6:34 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
They both still defend their idealism. So far, Slaine keep rock headed by believing Marstitian ideologism, and try hard control the earth. While the earth forces, unfortunately not given much explanations and details with how they can control that space base, trying hard to give some counter attacks. It makes everything worse, because our beloved princess (the true one) still in comatosed. And her sister in law, was just pure evil. Everything just pured misunderstanding. I know shit will always served as a based idea. But the whole no explanations with how further progression happen on time skip, really irritated me. Such a stressful thought, nothing i can say, rather than just stay watch. Lmao.

However, on this season, both Inaho and Slaine give a same amount of power, keeping both of them balance in term as MC. While in the previous session, its clearly just show how Inaho overcome everything. And Slaine just comes as a blamed. Lets see how well they keep it balance until the last blow. Damn that Saazbaum, until when he can survived?
badabassJun 11, 2020 6:42 PM
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jun 27, 2020 9:39 PM

Aug 2018
Inko is so cute!! Now Inaho is even more of a robot now lol

Nov 30, 2020 1:39 PM

May 2015
Yep now is the time for their rivalry to hit the high point. Now that they both have mechs and are both fighting for their respective sides they can fully clash.

Its interesting how they change the music based on the senario. Breathless is generally used for ground combat, Keep on keeping on is used for space and Aliez is used for the nuke epic scenes XD.

Also I hate that new princess's hair style. The way it like bobs out really bugs me for some reason. Obviously also she herself is pretty bad but her hair in particular bugs me.
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Apr 21, 2021 5:55 PM

Jul 2013
The ending theme song and art is good.

Inaho gets to be super OP now with the eye upgrade. While Slaine is gonna get the girl (the princess' half sister) though not the girl he's always wanted.
Aug 29, 2021 9:02 AM

Mar 2016
Yeah, I still think that the OP is nice, but the vocals just don't fit the scenery all too well... Felt more like an AMV than actual OP.

Now both Inaho and Slaine have an activation factor, not only that, both of them attain an enhanced visual perception, through mechanical or other means. Aside from that, Inaho wins with his genius-like strategic intelligence though that is equal to Slaine's proficiency in handling his kataphrakt. With that being said, Slaine has the upper advantage due to his significantly more technologically superior kataphrakt, still... In practice, or shall I say, in combat, they're both pretty much equal with all of these taken into account.

It's about time we got a rematch between these two boys, now... IF ONLY INKO SHUT HER BITCH-ASS MOUTH UP AND STOP SCREAMING INAHO'S NAME EVERY FEW SECOND AND MIND HER OWN DAMN BUSINESS The weak should not worry about the strong, she should just try to contribute something to the war other than testing that her mic and communications work by screaming shit all the fucking time.

Aug 2, 2023 7:53 AM

Dec 2022
Inaho be like "You should've pulled the trigger twice, Slaine."
Jan 10, 9:53 AM
Jan 2018
So, really was the kiss that gives inaho the Aldnoah power huh? I was refusing to accept this bullshit but after this episode is impossible. This reveal a really ugly plothole in the anime, in the first season Slaine was saved by the princess the same way that Inaho saved the princess, but why only Inaho got the Aldnoah power this way? And if is that way the power is passed, that means the king kissed every single general under his command? Because them too have access to the Aldnoah power. That is what I call a bad writing. And I will not even mention the "wind" in the space right? I know that exists a thing called solar wind, but obviously it's not that wind in the anime.
Apr 21, 8:29 AM

Dec 2022
Is Slane and Inaho fighting that big a deal? They barely interacted in the last season, and when they did it wasn't exactly on the friendliest of terms. Aside from "Hey, I know this guy", there isn't much else to remark on with their rivalry.

The confrontation in space was pretty cool, with the insert track and the fluid animation.

Shaded Horizon

Pages (18) « First ... « 16 17 [18]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2015

1158 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 21, 4:14 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2015

831 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 21, 3:32 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2015

581 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 21, 2:29 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2015

1216 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 21, 1:56 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2015

566 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 21, 12:47 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.