Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (18) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jan 17, 2015 10:37 AM

Mar 2011
Okashi_sama said:
Raziel1991 said:

And murdering massive amounts of civilians? Thats called a war crime.

A war crime that happened in a war leading to a better future.... i don't see your problem.

Thats like saying that Hitler did nothing wrong because what he did was to give Germany a better future. Murdering people on a massive scale is wrong period no matter what your goal is, specially if its civilians.
Jan 17, 2015 10:37 AM

Jul 2014
Darklight0303 said:
It's an invasion, unprovoked and sparked by the invaders by staging an assassination. So no it's not justified

>implying that all the invaders knew about it when they did it.

They didn't know about it, for most of them it was to fight against the earth who killed their princess.
Jan 17, 2015 10:38 AM

Oct 2012
Okashi_sama said:
Raziel1991 said:

And murdering massive amounts of civilians? Thats called a war crime.

A war crime that happened in a war leading to a better future.... i don't see your problem.
Also do the Geneva Convention and ICC even apply to the Vers Empire? I'm thinking probably not so as far as they are concerned its not war crimes.

Jul 2007
Well the OP pretty much confirmed Inaho/Princess as a thing and Slaine as Anakin Skywalker emo villain, with Inaho seeking out the princess(and thus her ideals) and slaine turning away from them.

I bet Slaine shit his pants when he realized who that Orange mech is.

If anythiing the OP makes me fearful that Princess will stay in stasis for whole show and we will NOT get her dancing on Slaine's corpse anytime soon.

EDIT: and we are still arguing about martians motives? IO thought we already established LAST WEEK that they are space nazis. This week's motivation talk only confirms it since Germany became Third Reich also out of "economic hardship".
Aug 2012
Okashi_sama said:
Darklight0303 said:
It's an invasion, unprovoked and sparked by the invaders by staging an assassination. So no it's not justified

They didn't know about it, for most of them it was to fight against the earth who killed their princess.

> Implying they weren't looking for an excuse to attack.

Jan 17, 2015 10:39 AM

Jul 2014
Raziel1991 said:
Thats like saying that Hitler did nothing wrong because what he did was to give Germany a better future. Murdering people on a massive scale is wrong period.

Hitler wasn't wrong, that's just what the media tells you.
The technology that Hitler provided made the world a better place.
Jan 17, 2015 10:40 AM

Apr 2013
Better than the 1st episode.
Jan 17, 2015 10:41 AM

Jul 2014
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
Okashi_sama said:

> Implying they weren't looking for an excuse to attack.

My point still stands. for them the earthlings killed their princess, it doesn't matter if they were BFFs they would still attack.
Jan 17, 2015 10:42 AM

Aug 2008
So Slaine has heart much unlike to what many had speculated. Opening foreshadows and explains much I enjoyed the opening. We can expect later on for Saaz to be the main villian and Slaine and Inaho to clear up bad waters at some point maybe to fight against him? Saaz has good intentions but obviously a bad method. I think Princess Lemrina will end up being a tragic heroine or somewhere along those lines but we'll see.
Jan 17, 2015 10:42 AM
Jan 2015
Okashi_sama said:
Raziel1991 said:
Thats like saying that Hitler did nothing wrong because what he did was to give Germany a better future. Murdering people on a massive scale is wrong period.

And killed millions of people in the process, Are you that dense?
Jan 17, 2015 10:44 AM

Oct 2012
So far, Lemuria seems pretty good (villain, ofc) character. Definitely better than previous fanservicy episode. There were still some quirks like that Inaho eye's explanation (and what's about him bullying Inko?) and that obvious kiss to one time activation of Aldnoah but overall it was improvement over last episode. Action was good but that CG sequences were pretty choppy sometime.

Opening was good (kinda spoilerish though) but I can't say the same about the ending - they tried to replicate this overused style every second anime is doing nowadays but it doesn't work well.
Jan 17, 2015 10:45 AM

Mar 2011
Okashi_sama said:
Raziel1991 said:

This has to be trolling
Jan 17, 2015 10:45 AM

May 2013
Darkerthandark said:
Okashi_sama said:

Stalin and Zedong killed way more, but we don't care about them because they were the winners. The hypocrisy of the modern world is astonishing.
Jan 17, 2015 10:46 AM

Jul 2014
Raziel1991 said:
Okashi_sama said:

This has to be trolling
KokkoStar said:
Stalin and Zedong killed way more, but we don't care about them because they were the winners. The hypocrisy of the modern world is astonishing.
^See this.
I'm not trolling. you're the one who is brainwashed into thinking that Hitler is the worst thing possible in humanity.
Jan 17, 2015 10:47 AM
Jan 2015
Okashi_sama said:
Darkerthandark said:

Hitler gave us TV. i don't care if he killed billions, he still gave us TV. TV > Billions of lives.

Hitler never gave us TV. No wonder you liked this show, you both are just equally retarded
Jan 17, 2015 10:47 AM
Jan 2012
Feaor said:
Raziel1991 said:

by commiting genocide...... yeah no.
How is it genocide? They are at war you know.

i'm srry but by tat arguement then every genocide that has happened is justified.
and genocide means systematic killing of a group, so wat they try to do counts.

and also if the goal of Saazbaum was to change the order of the vers empire and he needs the resources of the earth to do so, he has another easy option. Team up with earth, share the aldnoah tech and then conquer them.

he wants to conquer earth because he is jealous of the terrans and slaine knows that. the only chip he has for having slain at his side is the princess's life. the moment he loses that and i expect soon, slaine will drop him like a hot potato.
Jan 17, 2015 10:48 AM

Nov 2013
AllTJAck said:
Feaor said:
How is it genocide? They are at war you know.

i'm srry but by tat arguement then every genocide that has happened is justified.
and genocide means systematic killing of a group, so wat they try to do counts.

and also if the goal of Saazbaum was to change the order of the vers empire and he needs the resources of the earth to do so, he has another easy option. Team up with earth, share the aldnoah tech and then conquer them.

he wants to conquer earth because he is jealous of the terrans and slaine knows that. the only chip he has for having slain at his side is the princess's life. the moment he loses that and i expect soon, slaine will drop him like a hot potato.
All genocides are justifiable. Need to downsize the population in the name of god.
Jan 17, 2015 10:49 AM

Mar 2011
KokkoStar said:
Darkerthandark said:

Who said in this thread that Stalin and Zedong were good people? Nobody as far as I know.
Jan 17, 2015 10:50 AM

Apr 2014
chickenonthepan said:

I still find the passing power by kissing a little retarded...

Yes I think it's an utter shit way too.
chickenonthepan said:

Why don't they go for sex instead?

Sex as a way to give right to activate Aldnoah? It will be possible but It would be Rated R+ if that happens.
And shit having sex with a Copse Comatose Princess? It's really a bad thing to have!
Haters always gonna hate.
Jan 17, 2015 10:50 AM

May 2013
Raziel1991 said:
KokkoStar said:

Who said in this thread that Stalin and Zedong were good people? Nobody as far as I know.

You used Hitler as an example, even though he actually had reasons and good intentions for what he did. Stalin and Zedong murdered millions because they felt like it.
Jan 17, 2015 10:51 AM
Jan 2015
KokkoStar said:
Darkerthandark said:

That does make any of Hilter actions any better than they are? And how said that we don't care about Stalin or Zedong? In Russia, Stalin is basicly defamed and all his statues and monuments he built have been torn down or abandoned, And the only reason that it didn't happen to Zedong because China is still under communist rule
Jan 17, 2015 10:53 AM

Dec 2011
L1sa said:
Wait! So by kissing you can have aldnoah? Like inaho got it by CPR-ing aseylum and slaine by kissing her little sis?

Op and ed were ok, i prefer those from season one tho

My understanding of it is that the Vers Royal family have sort of the master Aldnoah factor in their blood, like a master key for a lock? So for example when they sent Asseylum in to shut down Saazbaum's landing castle, no one else will be able to activate it again unless one of the Royals directly activates it or transfers the ability to activate it through a kiss (i.e. Lemrina and Slaine).

The part I'm less sure about is Inaho's Aldnoah factor. They deliberately emphasized the fact that Asseylum's blood ran into his mouth, and I think this gave him this master Aldnoah factor because Deucalion's drive activated immediately after (so in that way he already had the activation factor when he gave her CPR but it was enhanced to the master factor?).

...hope that makes sense. I'm just speculating though, don't take my word for it!
Jan 2015
KokkoStar said:
Raziel1991 said:

So he had reasons and good intentions for kill 6 million Jews?

You used Hitler as an example, even though he actually had reasons and good intentions for what he did. Stalin and Zedong murdered millions because they felt like it.

Oct 2012
chickenonthepan said:
>Complains about Aldnoah power transfer
>Has F/SN in favorites
Ok.
Jan 17, 2015 10:55 AM

Apr 2014
Darkerthandark said:
KokkoStar said:

That does make any of Hilter actions any better than they are? And how said that we don't care about Stalin or Zedong? In Russia, Stalin is basicly defamed and all his statues and monuments he built have been torn down or abandoned, And the only reason that it didn't happen to Zedong because China is still under communist rule

This is just a fucking work of fiction/creativity. Don't fucking compare it to World War or the History itself!
Jan 17, 2015 10:57 AM

Jan 2014
Feaor said:
chickenonthepan said:
>Complains about Aldnoah power transfer
>Has F/SN in favorites
Ok.

Uhm, look at what I wrote after that... Don't cut my comment like that.

This feels like 4kids kind of censoring.
Jan 17, 2015 10:58 AM
Jan 2015
Rayzer said:
Darkerthandark said:

This is just a ####### work of fiction/creativity. Don't ####### compare it to World War or the History itself!

You know you are using the lamest arguement in the book.
Jan 17, 2015 10:58 AM

Apr 2008
Holy crap the trolls are out in force for this thread. The nonsense being shat around is ludicrous.

On the topic of the Episode itself, Lemrina plotting to steal everything from Asseylum. NOt surprised. Someone has to be as crazy as Slaine to love him after all since he's already lost the princess through everything he's doing.
Jan 17, 2015 10:59 AM

Jul 2007
Darklight0303 said:
Holy crap the trolls are out in force for this thread. The nonsense being shat around is ludicrous.

On the topic of the Episode itself, Lemrina plotting to steal everything from Asseylum. NOt surprised. Someone has to be as crazy as Slaine to love him after all since he's already lost the princess through everything he's doing.

Yeah I am thinking this won't end well for Slaine. he is already delusional. But soon he will be Darth Vader lol.
Jan 17, 2015 10:59 AM

Apr 2014
Zergneedsfood said:
Darkerthandark said:
Hitler never gave us TV. No wonder you liked this show, you both are just equally retarded
The first signal powerful enough to be cast into space was Hitler's 1936 Olympic broadcast.

So if he didn't us TV, he definitely gave the aliens TV.

Stop with this Hitler shit nonsense. This fucking too off topic.
Jan 17, 2015 11:00 AM

Apr 2008
Rayzer said:
Zergneedsfood said:
The first signal powerful enough to be cast into space was Hitler's 1936 Olympic broadcast.

So if he didn't us TV, he definitely gave the aliens TV.

Stop with this Hitler shit nonsense. This fucking too off topic.

Just report him and his kind and don't waste time on them. They clearly want to derail this thread into oblivion
Jan 17, 2015 11:03 AM

Dec 2013
Hahahahaha, so Aldnoah is transfered by just kissing. Lmao at those who tried so hard to defend it was done by blood.

Also, the opening. SUCH LOVE BETWEEN INAHO AND PRINCESS WOW, their romantic relationship was SOOOO explored in the first season that this tragic two lovers separation scene is defiintely fitting, wow.

Nov 2013
poor eddelrittuo.
can't wait to see inaho and slaine meet each other instead of fighting. i hope asseylum awake soon.
And the 1st season OP is much better than this season OP.

Nov 2013
What's up with all the hitler debate shit in here? Mods, please do your job...

As for this episode... awful first half, good 2nd half. In other words if it's not an action scene but pointless dialogue, then it's pretty bad (and that kiss made me cringe, take that shit away please). I hope we will at least see some plot twists or something, since there is no hope for character development nor good plot for this anime; otherwise I'm dropping the score on this fast.
Jan 17, 2015 11:04 AM

Oct 2014
Fuurin-tan said:
L1sa said:
Wait! So by kissing you can have aldnoah? Like inaho got it by CPR-ing aseylum and slaine by kissing her little sis?

Op and ed were ok, i prefer those from season one tho

My understanding of it is that the Vers Royal family have sort of the master Aldnoah factor in their blood, like a master key for a lock? So for example when they sent Asseylum in to shut down Saazbaum's landing castle, no one else will be able to activate it again unless one of the Royals directly activates it or transfers the ability to activate it through a kiss (i.e. Lemrina and Slaine).

The part I'm less sure about is Inaho's Aldnoah factor. They deliberately emphasized the fact that Asseylum's blood ran into his mouth, and I think this gave him this master Aldnoah factor because Deucalion's drive activated immediately after (so in that way he already had the activation factor when he gave her CPR but it was enhanced to the master factor?).

...hope that makes sense. I'm just speculating though, don't take my word for it!

So Inaho now has the same Aldnoah power as the royals?
Or can he only power up and power down the Deucalion?
hopefully future episodes clear this up
Jan 17, 2015 11:04 AM

Apr 2013
Slaine's ability looks like such a cheat xD but on the other hand Inaho's accuracy is god-like now O.o

Jan 17, 2015 11:06 AM

Jul 2014
Doesn't have many episodes left, so by the end of the season i expect Slaine to get a shot IN HIS FUCKING ASS.
Jan 17, 2015 11:07 AM

Oct 2014
Can't wait to see Saaz's new morphin megazord
Jan 17, 2015 11:10 AM

Dec 2011
Knight-Artorias said:
Fuurin-tan said:

So Inaho now has the same Aldnoah power as the royals?
Or can he only power up and power down the Deucalion?
hopefully future episodes clear this up

Yeah, this is why I'm unsure. I'm reluctant to assume that Inaho has the same Aldnoah power as the Vers Royals because imho he's good enough at what he does without it, but definitely waiting excitedly for more information!
Jan 17, 2015 11:10 AM

Apr 2008
Miragee said:
What is with this hitler argument? lol

Anyways, this actually wasn't too bad. Ok, the wind stroke again, yadayada, and the scene between the new princess and Slaine was soooo damn bad but the rest was kind of ok. I mean, how can you place such badly worded phrases that sound like they were read from script change hate into love within a second? Laughed a bit about Inaho's super powers but it's expected at this point. Animation and music of the fight was really cool.

Slaine now has aldnoah as well. Oh well, I'm curious if he and Inaho will really have a fight to the death. The redeeming factor in this episode was that it seems that Slaine actually has acted all the way. When I saw the first episode I thought this is the only plossible solution to this idiocity. I think Slaine is still on the earth's and Asseylum's side. He only hates Inaho for taking his princess, lol.

Oh, almost forgot: The new princess is a bitch, I don't like her at all.

On earth's side? Lol what? He was just wondering if it would make the princess sad. You know cause using her image for the war and killing people for the past 19 months wouldn't already achieve that. He is insane. Even more so that he doesn't see it.
Jan 17, 2015 11:11 AM

Dec 2013
Okashi_sama said:
Zergneedsfood said:
Princess deserves better.
Like Slaine.

Why thank you, captain Obvious.
Jan 17, 2015 11:12 AM

Sep 2008
I kinda don't get it...
Princess "kissed" Slaine few times in their first meet...
but he don't actived Aldnoah because of this,
but when second princess kissed him he could do it,
but Inaho "kissing" Princess could make it.

O.o
Jan 17, 2015 11:12 AM

Jul 2014
robis798 said:
Okashi_sama said:
Like Slaine.

Why thank you, captain Obvious.
Seeing how most people in this thread act, i just had to do it.
Jan 17, 2015 11:13 AM

Apr 2008
LittleStar said:
I kinda don't get it...

O.o

Did you watch the raw? THe reason why SLaine couldn't activate his aldnoah was because Lemrina disabled it herself just so she could give Slaine the right again

Oct 2012
Miragee said:
But don't you think she is a victim of circumstance? She feels that she's only being kept alive because of her bloodline and is passed over because of who her mother was. And to add to all of that she is disabled and she feels like she is being used because of her ability to activate Aldnoah drives. If I was in her position I'd probably be very bitter and cynical as well.

May 2012
HandsomeMan said:
What's up with all the hitler debate shit in here? Mods, please do your job...

As for this episode... awful first half, good 2nd half. In other words if it's not an action scene but pointless dialogue, then it's pretty bad (and that kiss made me cringe, take that shit away please). I hope we will at least see some plot twists or something, since there is no hope for character development nor good plot for this anime; otherwise I'm dropping the score on this fast.

Says establishing character and the dialogue is pointless
complains about there being no character development/ good plot

Because f*ck logic right?

Haha kissing makes you cringe... are you 5? Girls have cooties now. Regardless of what the kiss was for, you have to realize people kiss. It's a thing. In real life you know.
Jan 2011
duderus said:
Slaine's ability looks like such a cheat xD but on the other hand Inaho's accuracy is god-like now O.o

lol they both got some hacks either in them or with them
Jan 17, 2015 11:14 AM

Jun 2013
Darklight0303 said:
LittleStar said:
I kinda don't get it...

O.o

Did you watch the raw? THe reason why SLaine couldn't activate his aldnoah was because Lemrina disabled it herself just so she could give Slaine the right again

Sounds like a massive plot convenience.
Jan 17, 2015 11:15 AM

Feb 2014
Yup. It still sucks. Specifically the new princess. Fuck Her. All she's doing is sharing her past to make the audience feel pity. It's pathetic. I have absolutely no reason to care about her.
We need as much lewdness as we can possibly get. ~ Komine Sachi
Jan 17, 2015 11:15 AM

May 2012
Feaor said:
Miragee said:
But don't you think she is a victim of circumstance? She feels that she's only being kept alive because of her bloodline and is passed over because of who her mother was. And to add to all of that she is disabled and she feels like she is being used because of her ability to activate Aldnoah drives. If I was in her position I'd probably be very bitter and cynical as well.

I could agree with you on this one, the new princess is a victim of circumstance. She's going to try to take everything from assylum due to that. It's pretty easy to see where she's coming from.
Pages (18) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2015

1158 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 21, 4:14 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2015

831 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 21, 3:32 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2015

581 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 21, 2:29 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2015

1216 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 21, 1:56 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2015

566 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 21, 12:47 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.