Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Dec 29, 2014 7:39 AM

Jan 2014
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I would just like to thank Studio MAPPA for this incredible show. With only a terrible mobile card trading game to base off of, the production team should be congratulated for their creativity and talent surpassing all expectations. I think that almost no one predicted that this show to be completely amazing and it's been one hell of a ride for the its entire twelve episodes run.

Thanks for everyone who decided to picked it up and be pleasantly surprised.

HelghastKillzoneDec 29, 2014 8:14 AM
Dec 29, 2014 7:42 AM

Nov 2011
Great show overall. In the finale, they are able to overcome their differences and glad to see Favaro back as well. What a ride this was. Ah, 9/10.

I love how they are able to capture all the action as well in climatic form. Amira was able to find her resolve as well.
Stark700Dec 29, 2014 9:01 AM
Dec 29, 2014 7:43 AM

Apr 2013
And it has finally come to an end. My God, Bahamut was such an epic ride over 12 amazing episodes. I felt like Kenny Powers dancing with the 'MURICAN flag on my back the entire time and especially during the epic final fight/s.

Holy Knight for the f'n win although a bit bittersweet one at that in the end. That was such a touching final moment between Amira and Favaro. The feels were hitting hard for me Fava has definitely been one of the best MCs of this year and the entire supporting cast of Bahamut came to play in not only this finale but throughout the season. Bahamut never let up or dropped off at any point this season and I hope that many more people will give a shot since it's been confirmed to be awesomesauce.

So in summary: I came, I saw, I came. 8/10.

Give me that sequel/Amira's return you promised in the End Card!!
dankzelDec 29, 2014 9:52 AM
Dec 29, 2014 7:45 AM

Nov 2012
Easily the best anime this season,hell this was even among the best shows of 2014 as a whole 9/10.

Seriously going to miss this show.

Hmm 2nd season?

Can only hope so.

Edit: The only thing that kinda bugged me this episode was that it felt abit underwhelming & well was obviously rushed but I guess I can overlook this considering how much I enjoy this show.
VanishingKiraDec 29, 2014 10:13 AM
Dec 29, 2014 8:12 AM

Mar 2014
Wasn't bad, the antagonists really brought it down though. 7.5/10
Dec 29, 2014 8:32 AM

Jun 2012
Fava just had to do that serious face gag one last time
Dec 29, 2014 8:32 AM

Mar 2013
Goddamnit, I didn't want Amira to die. Great show anyway. Amazing visuals, the soundtrack was awesome and I loved the characters. 9/10.

VanishingKira said:
Easily the best anime this season,hell this was even among the best shows of 2014 as a whole 9/10.

Seriously going to miss this show.

Hmm 2nd season?

Can only hope so.

Let's do a prayer circle.
SalemWitchDec 29, 2014 8:38 AM
Dec 29, 2014 8:36 AM

Nov 2014
The show was amazing and I really loved the characters hope there is a season 2
Dec 29, 2014 8:43 AM

Jun 2013
Rita best girl
I'm not getting enough vegetables. I'm just not getting enough vegetables.
Dec 29, 2014 8:45 AM

Aug 2010
Amazing finale! I'm impressed by how Mappa handled this. I thought defeating Bahamut in one ep would feel so lame and Asspull like but it was actually really nice. And not that rushed tbh :3

Favaro being shot by an antidote containing arrow and Lavelly being Martinet were as expected but totally didn't see the "Favaro cutting Kaiser's hands to seal Martinet" part coming :O Epic teamwork. And the sword fight between Kaiser and Favaro was really cool.

I lol'd so much at Bahamut just shooting Beelzebub's ass like that XD So much FAIL LOL
Rita's scenes were all wonderful as usual. Gotta love her <3 Her faces are so lol XD And she wears black panties :3 Lewd

I really thought Jeanne might do something but she was still being emo <_<

Loved the scene in front of Bahamut's eye. Fava talking to it like that XD AmiraxFavaro OTP <3
Dat kiss :3 And he finally looked into her eyes seriously. Amira's "Uso" was so kawaii <3

But really Kaiser and Favaro should let their friggin hair down! They look so cool with their hair loose. They look fabulous <3 And I love Amira without her hair tied more too :3

I wonder what happened to Amira though? She's really dead :( Well that's better story wise I guess...sad though.

And what's with the I'll be back? S2 >.<

Favaro

Kaiser

Amira
Barion-ZaraDec 29, 2014 8:49 AM
Dec 29, 2014 8:45 AM

Sep 2013
WOO, wow, what a finale.

Art/Animation: Best in the series yet, everything was so fluid, colorful and cool looking.
Sound: Everything was great.

Story+Characters:
Okay, even if this finale wrapped everything up in a solid way, it was very rushed. The way Martinet was defeated felt almost like a deus ex machine because we never really were told the bounty hunter bracelets could do that. Beelzebub was taken out really fast too. The twist of Martinet being Lavalley blew my mind though, seriously, holy crap.

Amira died! I know I shouldn't be happy over that but I am so glad the series didn't pull some cheesy, "everyone lives" ending. Favaro saved the world, Kaisar became captain of the knights, Jeanne was forgiven and became a knight again. Everything was resolved and it came at a cost.

Overall, this series had 1 fatal flaw to it. It's pacing. It was so rushed since the very beginning, likely due to budget costs only letting them make 12 episodes. Characterization was very rushed but they were still very entertaining for their roles. The story though, was pretty basic high fantasy, here's a group of fantasy characters, they gotta save the world, go. I'd say the "story" was bad simply because it ended up being basic and rushed...

Overall, I give the series a 7.3/10
KetenDec 29, 2014 11:40 AM
Dec 29, 2014 8:58 AM

Jun 2013
I'LL BE BACK!!!

FUCK YES.

Overall:
Phenomenal visuals
Great OST
Memorable characters
Decent-to-good story
Decent-to-good ending

8/10. Possibly 7/10 after my hype dies down.
ex_necrossDec 29, 2014 9:16 AM
Dec 29, 2014 9:00 AM
Oct 2010
8/10 overall, felt it lost a bit of quirk coming down to the end but it was still very enjoyable. One thing I didn't like was how anti-climatic things felt at times.. like Gileas getting captured etc.. it felt way too fast. Didn't really like how lucifer didn't play a role until the very end despite the show hinting that he would be involved in a more significant way.
Dec 29, 2014 9:04 AM

Jan 2013
Anime of the season

10/10
Dec 29, 2014 9:04 AM

Nov 2009
As was predicted, the ending was rushed, but they resolved the main points, so it's more or less okay, I guess, even if it could've been much better given more time for the finale.

I don't like that Kaisar lost his arm T_T And Favaro lost his right leg, I think? Damn, do they have some kind of magic in that world to grow lost limbs back? I really wished they had.
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Dec 29, 2014 9:05 AM

Sep 2013
skudoops said:
8/10 overall, felt it lost a bit of quirk coming down to the end but it was still very enjoyable. One thing I didn't like was how anti-climatic things felt at times.. like Gileas getting captured etc.. it felt way too fast. Didn't really like how lucifer didn't play a role until the very end despite the show hinting that he would be involved in a more significant way.

Ya, that was always the problem with the show, it was too fast. I guess that's the price you pay for having such fantastic production values...

Hopefully if there's a sequel it will be better paced but I am not sure what they would even do with a sequel. Favaro says he'll be back though and that the Bahamut is still alive, maybe MAPPA can make this a franchise. I can dream.
Jul 2018
6-7/10.

I liked the first few episodes the most. Then plot started progressing way too fast for my liking and felt too...random?
Apr 2014
So Amira actually died? :( And without her a second season would be really boring. Well at least Favaro survived for unknown reasons. Kaisar would have nothing to do all day without him.
Dec 29, 2014 9:09 AM
Nov 2010
This was a great anime. Before this season started, I didn't even think it'd be anything good. I'm glad I tried the first episode, as it was really good from the beginning to the end.

The production was done splendidly. To me, it had sort of a Faust(1926) vibe. It's definitely different to how most of the anime are like today. The story was also created for a mobile trading card game, big props to studio MAPPA and everyone involved on creating this anime.

As for second season, I'd personally not like for there to be a continuation of this, as the story seems finished. I'd definitely not mind another anime done by MAPPA in this or whatever setting that is produced as well as this one, though.
Dec 29, 2014 9:12 AM

Aug 2014
Amazing anime.. 10/10
Dec 29, 2014 9:14 AM

Nov 2013
I just can't... I have to give this a 10 or a 9. It just doesn't deserve less...
And that "I'll be back!"?? Really, a 2nd season?? Maaaan that would be amazing.
One of the best shows this Fall. Would have liked to see some Rita closure since all the other characters got it though.

FAVAROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!
HandsomeManDec 29, 2014 9:21 AM
Dec 29, 2014 9:17 AM

Oct 2014
I'll never forget Favaros "serious face" smile, full of life!
I also believe Amira is still alive and Favaro still has the tail.

Need more Favaroooo really hope they manage to make a second season, i can imagine it will be about retrieving Amira from the Bahamut or smth like that.
9/10.
Dec 29, 2014 9:24 AM

Jul 2014
Didn't really like how they handled the ending, still a good show.
Dec 29, 2014 9:29 AM

May 2013
Relixas said:
I'll never forget Favaros "serious face" smile, full of life!
I also believe Amira is still alive and Favaro still has the tail.

Need more Favaroooo really hope they manage to make a second season, i can imagine it will be about retrieving Amira from the Bahamut or smth like that.
9/10.

Reviving Amira would ruin everything.

Good show.
Dec 29, 2014 9:31 AM

Jul 2014
Soo ... Favarro & Kaisar became a handsome man *_*

This shows deserve 9/10 from me (Y) Good job MAPPA.

I''ll be happy if there is a second season
Dec 29, 2014 9:36 AM

Nov 2012
I personally can't believe it ended. Like wat. I don't understand how it progressed so fast. Always figured this initial season would lead up to the awakening, but it actually concluded the story as well... and it wasn't that great, to be honest.

I always thought it was a 10/10, but this last episode was kind of balls. I'd give it a 8.5 now, maybe a 9 if I absolutely had to pick between an 8 and a 9.

I mean the first few episodes were great, but the final ones were simply waaay too rushed - and it sucks, because I really thought they were setting it up for some big follow-up an using these 12 episodes to introduce all the characters and shit.
Dec 29, 2014 9:37 AM

Jun 2013
Atrithau said:
I personally can't believe it ended. Like wat. I don't understand how it progressed so fast. Always figured this initial season would lead up to the awakening, but it actually concluded the story as well... and it wasn't that great, to be honest.

I always thought it was a 10/10, but this last episode was kind of balls. I'd give it a 8.5 now, maybe a 9 if I absolutely had to pick between an 8 and a 9.

I mean the first few episodes were great, but the final ones were simply waaay too rushed - and it sucks, because I really thought they were setting it up for some big follow-up an using these 12 episodes to introduce all the characters and shit.

If it was rushed then it was only slightly rushed. People expected too much from a 12 episode series.
Dec 29, 2014 9:44 AM

May 2013
So.....
What does this mean?

Dec 29, 2014 9:45 AM

Jun 2013
KokkoStar said:
So.....
What does this mean?

It means what you think it means. S2 or OVA.
Dec 29, 2014 9:46 AM

Mar 2014
KokkoStar said:
So.....
What does this mean?

"buy bds and play game"
Dec 29, 2014 9:48 AM

Nov 2013
Eeeh... That ending is too rush, that even minor characters who plays in the climax doesn't get an explanation in the epilouge....
Looks like the director donesn't expect that his story could take more than 30 minnutes for last episode to finish the story...
Dec 29, 2014 9:50 AM

Sep 2012
Pretty good high budget show.
7/10 overall.
Oh god who are you people?
Dec 29, 2014 9:54 AM

Feb 2012
9/10. Awesome, hoepfully the end card implies a season 2 but why do i get the feeling its going to be a movie?

Oh well awesome show and i still dont think weve seen the last of Amira or Bahamut.
Dec 29, 2014 9:55 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
That finale was 10/10 Simply amazing

I dunno what they could possibly do to achieve this but I too want a S2

8-8.5/10 for me
Dec 29, 2014 9:57 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
I really didn't like how they didn't show what happened to Rita and Bacchus.

Otherwise they handled it very well with the ending. Overall solid 8/10 for me, underrated series.
Dec 29, 2014 9:57 AM

Jul 2010
I was imagining Beelzebub getting shot down by Bahamut and it happens, first blood!

Favaro and Kaisar working together to defeat Martinet! A nice sword fight to really trick Martinet before sealing him, just liked how trickery should be a demon's mastery yet he finally had a taste of his own powers!

Bahamut looked pretty amazing being amidst all that destruction. To get onto Bahamut and defeating it. It just felt rather amazing how the holy knight legend finally comes into play.

Favaro and Amira's last moments in front of Bahamut's eyes. The tears Favaro had when he knew he is going to kill Amira along with Bahamut as he stabs the marking. Though a short reunion, it was a pretty nice scene.

Amira MIA/dead, Kaisar being a captain and Favaro still alive. The possibility of a second season! What about Rita though, would've liked a short glimpse of seeing what Rita is up to too. An 8.5/10, though, leaning more towards a 9. This was quite the journey especially for a 12 episode anime!
Dec 29, 2014 10:04 AM

Jul 2013
Keten said:
because we never really were told the bounty hunter bracelets could do that.

Uhhhhh
Favaro literally does it in the first episode and again in the second one.
Dec 29, 2014 10:05 AM
Jan 2014
Although the pacing was the biggest flaw of the anime, the ending pretty much fulfilled my expectations. The plot was consistent overall, and the direction never swayed away from it. The characters were not the best ever, in terms of developement, but their charming personalities and good use of rule of cool made them stand out. Favaro and Kaisar did move on from their blinded rivalry, which is a nice bonus to add.

I was dissapointed with Amira in particular, being used solely as a plot device as I initially expected. Though this anime was never about that specific part of character developement, so I guess she can be excused.

The villains could've also used a bit of work, but they were also used solely for plot progression. This anime is just an epic fantasy tale done right.

The animation, OST and sound effects were very beneficial in that regard, and amazing nonetheless.

I am honestly satisfied with the ending, and don't have a strong desire for a follow-up season. Let's hope the BD sales provide at least a moderate comeback for the producers, as I heard the anime is not very popular in Japan unfortunately, due to its western appeal.

7/10 Overall. This was definitely one of the better anime titles to come out and end in this season.
ResidentDec 29, 2014 10:09 AM
Dec 29, 2014 10:11 AM

Jul 2014
Amira inst death she just go to other world/dimension, Favaro still has the curse....
Dec 29, 2014 10:12 AM
Oct 2010
Keten said:
skudoops said:

Ya, that was always the problem with the show, it was too fast. I guess that's the price you pay for having such fantastic production values...

Hopefully if there's a sequel it will be better paced but I am not sure what they would even do with a sequel. Favaro says he'll be back though and that the Bahamut is still alive, maybe MAPPA can make this a franchise. I can dream.

Yeah I hope they learn from this season and continue on with it. I did like that they managed to make humans, gods and demons work together again, I thought that scene was pretty good.. although it did feel like Lucifer popped outta no where, give the dude a grand entrance or something!
Dec 29, 2014 10:14 AM

Sep 2013
DPXJube said:
Keten said:
because we never really were told the bounty hunter bracelets could do that.

Uhhhhh
Favaro literally does it in the first episode and again in the second one.

I guess by that I mean, I didn't think the bracelet was that overpowered. In the other instances, they had to fight zombies or pumble the henchmen and such but here, all Favaro did was lift it up and it beat him. Idunno, I was just disappointed by it I guess, it was anti-climactic. I guess you are right that we were sort of told that you basically hold it up for a few seconds and it defeats the person but I was hoping for his defeat to be more satisfying but I guess that's a lot to expect when they had to wrap everything up in 22 minutes.

skudoops said:

Yeah I hope they learn from this season and continue on with it. I did like that they managed to make humans, gods and demons work together again, I thought that scene was pretty good.. although it did feel like Lucifer popped outta no where, give the dude a grand entrance or something!

Haha, ya I know. I expected Lucifer to be this big turning point in the final battle but... he just sort of shows up and helps and that's about it. xD
Dec 29, 2014 10:16 AM

Aug 2014
Good episode. I hope they don't make a second season. It had good closure.

Dec 29, 2014 10:16 AM
Jul 2013
Really enjoyed this anime.

I remember back when it was announced reading it was based off some card game and i was like "meh it's obviously gonna suck". Really glad i gave it a chance :D

The finale felt a tiny bit rushed i think they could've easily split that stuff over 2 episodes but it was pretty good regardless. I wonder if we're gonna get a second season.

So was Lavalley that demon-wannabe dude all along? Nice twist there.

Also, where the hell was Lucifer in the final battle?? (<-- see what i did there? ;))

Well, i guess now that Amira is dead anyway, Rita = best girl. (Well she might just be alive in another dimension because it seemed like he still had the tail...well)

I wonder wo ended up becoming the new king. Bacchus? :D

Great Art, Sound and Characters and overall 9/10 for me.
GToastDec 29, 2014 10:20 AM
Dec 29, 2014 10:21 AM

Jan 2013
Wow, that was a great ending!
I'm surprised with how good this anime is, although it doesn't have a higher rating which it really deserves... They managed to make a brilliant ending in one episode.

I loved the scene with Amira and Favaro, it was great. And Favaro was so cute *-*
So there's gonna be a second season? I'm looking forward to it, although I don't think that it'll be as good as the first one.

9/10
LichtspielDec 29, 2014 10:26 AM

Dec 29, 2014 10:22 AM

Feb 2014
This was an amazing ending, I had a checklist on what I wanted to see and it was not small but they did everything and then sum. The series has been a wild testosterone filled adventure that I will not forget anytime soon. One of the best animes of 2014 for me.

10/10
Dec 29, 2014 10:23 AM

Apr 2013
great final episode felt a bit rushed though

the setting was fantastic, great music, diverse cast of characters, great animation for the most part

cg was inconsitent

great series really enjoyed it. had its unique charm

9/10

the op theme should have played in the background when they flew towards bahamut on hamsa and ended when favaro drove the "sword" into bahamut
xSanoxDec 29, 2014 10:27 AM
Dec 29, 2014 10:23 AM

Mar 2012
Not to mention the rushed ending, I'm truly disappointed by this show.
In my opinion, the characters/plot were not developed enough (or didn't spark my curiosity). Am I the only one to think that Shingeki no Bahamut is a bit cliché, random and somewhat boring?

3.5 or 4/10. Nevertheless, animation was impressive.
Dec 29, 2014 10:24 AM

Mar 2014
OMG Anime of the Season, possibly Year

There was never a single MINUTE where I lost interest or felt bored

The finale was really good, the way Bahamut's immense power was visualised was really impressive.

Favaro's moment with Amira was great, even cute. Loving these characters. Too bad we didn't see Rita afterwards

In the heat of the moment I've rated this a 10/10, might change later but right now I just want to express how I love this show to bits
LauraBirdieDec 29, 2014 10:27 AM
Dec 29, 2014 10:26 AM

Dec 2013
Amazing high quality series that gave us best loli. 9/10
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて
Dec 29, 2014 10:28 AM

Dec 2013
I have not seen it yet since I'm still stuck in the mall doing some shopping but judging from these posts it must be the AoTS ;-;

I shall be back!
mods are cucks
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» About the game

sandwich-boy - Dec 27, 2023

3 by Animaticide »»
Dec 27, 2023 12:46 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Bahamut: Genesis Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 15, 2014

152 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Sep 25, 2023 10:18 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Bahamut: Genesis Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 8, 2014

121 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Sep 25, 2023 9:53 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Bahamut: Genesis Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 1, 2014

132 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Sep 25, 2023 5:14 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Bahamut: Genesis Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 24, 2014

149 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Sep 25, 2023 4:18 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.