Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]
Aug 15, 2015 9:39 AM
Jul 2014
Most underrated anime I've ever seen. There are so many anime I've seen and didn't mind if it didn't get a second season but THIS BLOODY WELL MUST GET A SECOND SEASON. Giving it a solid 10/10 despite the fact that there are a bunch of loose ends. Absolutely freaking loved this anime, and it was real nice to see Kudo show up in the last episode since I liked her so much in the first two.
Aug 17, 2015 8:21 PM

May 2015
Very entertaining too bad the plot just begins at the final episode.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 7, 2015 1:07 PM
May 2015
Well, pretty enjoyable for what it's worth. Just too bad they didn't ventured too much in the super-power battle going on. Few good battles would've made this better, specially when all their powers are so OP xD.

All girls are very likable, but my best girl goes to Tomoyo. Her character and chemistry with the MC is so lovable :)

p.s. Tomoyo and Andou somehow reminded me of Yuuta and Shinka in some sort of way. It's like an AU of how Chuunibyou could've been in another route
Sep 9, 2015 6:52 PM
Sep 2015
Honestly, being under the romance category took me under the impression that it'd have a decent love story to it, but I was wrong. Don't take that the wrong way, I loved everything about it. I was right when I thought: "This might be similar to Yamada-kun and the Seven Witches", but it lacks in romantic scenes...
Sep 9, 2015 6:53 PM
Sep 2015
HamBaconEgg said:
Well, pretty enjoyable for what it's worth. Just too bad they didn't ventured too much in the super-power battle going on. Few good battles would've made this better, specially when all their powers are so OP xD.

All girls are very likable, but my best girl goes to Tomoyo. Her character and chemistry with the MC is so lovable :)

p.s. Tomoyo and Andou somehow reminded me of Yuuta and Shinka in some sort of way. It's like an AU of how Chuunibyou could've been in another route
I have to agree with you. I loved the scene where she finally admits her love for Andou.
Sep 9, 2015 7:20 PM

Sep 2013
I want to watch the second season like NOW..
anyone know something about the disk sales of this anime..? I mean..was it successful..? can we hope for a sequel..?
Sep 25, 2015 7:15 PM

Feb 2013
I am not satisfied.
Oct 7, 2015 6:43 AM

Mar 2014
Fairy's war .
Melody of the righteous .
Amaterasu .
Blade's consequences .
Charm of the main character .
Glue to the future .
VERY GREAT overall EPISODES .

Inou-battle . Literally a one-of-a-kind "slice-of-life" that I've ever seen .
The Twist was splendid . Blending it with that kinds of genre was awesome .
It's ultimately satisfying to myself , Hope to others too . Also for a sequel ~ !!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 7, 2015 1:16 PM

Nov 2013
*sigh
I'm disappointed.
The reason might be ludicrous.
The anime is good, art-wise,plot-wise,execution-wise but...the portrayal of Sayumi, how she is treated in the anime by the (director/author) grinds my gear.
She doesn't even seem like a main character, she had the least amount of romantic scenes in the anime(I could only remember two,(the swimsuit "see through" and her own 10 minute "episode".)
Tomoya and Hatako(both of whom I find annoying) pretty much dominate the anime in terms of plot and screen time, they get..I think 6 episodes(Probably and exaggeration, I don't remember) for themselves.
Chifuyu might be closer to Sayumi than the other two in terms of plot and screen time distribution,but she did get more romantic scenes and 2 1/2 episodes dedicated to her.

So TL;DR
Hatako and Tomoya are annoying, give me more Sayumi.
A heartless 4/10.
Initially I was gonna give this a 9/10 rating but no more, those last 2 episodes annoyed be to the brink where I nearly dropped this series!
EDIT:
Well this was a good anime, so 8/10.
KapengBarakoOct 8, 2015 2:33 AM
Nov 9, 2015 5:02 PM
Nov 2015
It was a verry funny, awesome anime how the works the smart words and everything is touching and the story and the past story all of it is good hope there is a season 2 we are waiting for it :)
Nov 15, 2015 12:21 AM
Oct 2013
SEASON 2 please! I really want Hatoko to win but I'm pretty sure Tomoyo is going to win it in the end.

Overall, I was hoping to see this to be something similar to Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu with the battles and stuff. Inou-battle turned out to be different but I'm not disappointed at all.
Nov 28, 2015 11:45 AM
Mar 2014
I would have liked more Fairy War and Kiryuu's group, but I guess there's only so much they can fit into 12 episodes.

It was funny how MC constantly talked about dark and forbidden power that he must never use, and that's exactly the kind of power he got... Or how it's useless but he doesn't care because it looks cool.
Nov 28, 2015 11:51 AM

Sep 2013
dirtyuncle said:
I would have liked more Fairy War and Kiryuu's group, but I guess there's only so much they can fit into 12 episodes.

It was funny how MC constantly talked about dark and forbidden power that he must never use, and that's exactly the kind of power he got... Or how it's useless but he doesn't care because it looks cool.

The series have very big cliffhanger
Dec 12, 2015 3:46 PM
Jan 2012
Best friendship anime I have seen in a long time!
Dec 18, 2015 3:02 AM

Jul 2015
i was just here for hayami saori. The anime itself was pretty decent, nothing i'd recommend to friends except high school/ slice of life fans. so in the end, andou's power actually is useless in combat? if there was a season 2, i wish they'd expand more on the fairy war and hope more action comes from it.
Mar 5, 2016 2:27 AM
Jan 2016
Well I guess there won't be a season 2 😢
Jul 21, 2016 9:50 PM
Jul 2018
+Interest Concept, overall
+MC is slightly more interesting than your typical High School Harem MC. Slightly
+Most of the girls were interesting, although still cliched
-No real resolution to...well....anything
-Only the briefest glimpse into the more interest points of the story (fairy war, reason for their powers, etc)
-Tons of typical harem BS you've seen a million times

Final Rating: 6.5/10
Jul 25, 2016 7:38 PM

Mar 2013
Well, a "go buy the LN" ending, to be fair I wasn't expecting anything else.

Overall a good show, Andou is not your typical MC and the girls are interesting.

Of course best girl Hatoko is not gonna win, but we'll never see a season 2 so I guess that I'm done with these characters.

7/10
Jan 2, 2017 6:36 PM

Dec 2013
Classic check out the source material ending and considering that how long ago this anime aired chances of a season 2 are low which is too bad.
Jan 22, 2017 5:57 PM

Aug 2013
Such an underrated show. People completely missed the point. It's not an anime about supernatural battles. It's about how this group of friends chose to live their normal everyday lives even with these superpowers, and how it affects their relationships. The details of the Fairy War, etc are irrelevant. That only served to show that there were others who used their powers to fight instead. But for some reason people only want to see battles, well I say this is not the show for them. There are plenty of generic harem battle light novel adaptations if that's what you want.

Overall I found the characters developed nicely throughout the show. There was no immature high school drama which was refreshing. And when some character drama did happen it was one of the best scenes I've ever seen (Hatoko episode 8). Comedy was good. The battles we did get were just enough for me to be satisfied. Less is more imo. (That's why HxH works so well, less fights but more importance on the story and characters, not that I'd compare that with this ofc).

9/10.
Apr 8, 2017 4:33 PM

Sep 2011
No ship ended. At least I feel I didn't regret watching this but still the show's meh to me. Well, it obvious Tomoyo is the main heroine but at least they should make an anime original ending such as Andou and Tomoyo ending up together.

Still, Hatoko is annoying as fuck to me and didn't expect that the way to "dispel" Andou's power is to seriously chop his hand off.
TennoujiApr 8, 2017 4:38 PM

Apr 13, 2017 8:33 PM

May 2015
I think the ED song was foreshadowing saying a lot about this love(?) thing that’s going on… all of the girls are running in an Endless loop, trying to win his love but they never get anywhere (None of the girls admitted their love to Jurai... scratch that, only one girl [Mirei] confessed and that was because a misunderstanding)…

My only gripe was the lack of information (flashback) about the Fairy wars, because if this show was to show us how this teenager lived their normal life with powers, there is no mistake that some of the shady characters (Shizumu & Hajime) were moving/acting because this plot was mentioned/introduced in this show (they introduced that group of Hajime's, and then nothing more after that)... Even the main characters had to take part in this conflict indirectly and directly (who granted their powers? they did have to defend themselves became this Fairy War thingy), they might as well have left the superpowers/Fairy war out of it, used it way too little and because of this I cannot score this show much higher… I really enjoyed it but it was a little too scrambled for me, I didn’t quite get the jumping (staff/studio decision) in the story from slice of life, romance to superpower war, and the end left me kind of wanting more.

Apr 23, 2017 6:44 AM

Apr 2009
I think this is a very good harem show. I don't understand the hate.

7/10
Aug 17, 2017 1:17 AM

Mar 2015
In the end Hatoko still annoys me. There's a difference between can't understand and don't want to understand Andou's chuuni talks. If she wanted to understand then she'd have asked someone so she could be closer with Andou, but she just had to be a dramatic girl.

Also, I didn't expect it to be that heavy. They had to cut off their arms to be saved from self-inflicted amaterasu (Dark and Dark of The End lol). The end scene of Chifuyu x Andou is great. But we all know, like most majority of harem, the main girl (in this case Tomoyo) would win. So RIP other girls.

Dec 11, 2017 2:23 AM

Jan 2016
Nah, it's a good series.

I'm just curious what happen next in LN. The 'War' is still continue, but here (in anime), "Andou and his harem" still don't know about the 'war'.
Jan 25, 2018 1:24 PM

Aug 2013
I don't even know how to rate this anime since its conception obviously is straight from "Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!" but with another focus and actual special powers. Its plot is ridiculous in terms of big picture with conflict between some organizations, although they are weakly represented they are still there for some reason. In terms of drama it looks poor in comparison with actual drama anime since characters here are sophomoric. In terms of comedy it's not so bad and had its funny and memorable moments, but in terms of harem love story it's just unfinished and too typical most of time. The problem is that this anime just don't know what it wants to be and in the end you leave this anime with good mood and also in confuse. If I could then I would rate it 5.5/10 on this site
Apr 12, 2018 10:58 PM

Sep 2017
Good battle, however, I felt like the rest of the episode was kinda anti climatic and wasted. And the harem is still predetermined, isn't it?

I kinda hate harems like this, where the same formula happens: All girls fight with MC, then fall in love, then come to terms, then fight for the MC, while fighting with him.

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

May 11, 2018 4:37 PM

Apr 2013
Well it was an enjoyable show for sure, episode 7 was the best of course followed by the beach- and pool-episode. Hatoko best girl. 7/10
May 17, 2018 1:53 PM

Aug 2017
Well it’s finally over...definitely didn’t tie up all loose ends so hoping for a season two some day (just like Yona)

Didn’t really expect it to be a harem...that’s probably my only gripe. Besides barely any battles obviously.

Best moment was Hatoko’s breakdown. For real that was so unexpected.

Idk what’s with all the haters. Sure there were barely any battles but I still enjoyed it a lot with the characters probably being the main seller. I really hope there will be a second season. Long live Virgin Child! 8/10
FancyTunaRamen9May 17, 2018 2:13 PM
Oct 18, 2018 3:05 AM

Apr 2012
The harem aspect ruined everything. This was a waste of time for me. Everything that we were expecting got tossed out so that they would showcase the girls as waifu potential with an ambiguous ending. The story and setting had great potential with the "Fairy Wars" narrative yet it was never explored and given any importance because they figured we would be more interested in the "best girl." This is why I hate harem anime, nothing is ever resolved and your left to your own fantasies on how it will end. This is the weakest form of writing. The author only has to do is buildup and hype up each girl and sit back and let every fantasizing idiot fill the gaps for him since the author won't write a definite ending.

I'm so done with the "harem" genre. I didn't watch this series for that in the first place since other aspects of the show was there; superpower, school life, drama, romance & shounen. All those aspects were overwritten. This anime deserves every piece of hate it receives for misleading everyone.

4 / 10
Janethan23Oct 18, 2018 3:38 AM
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Dec 2, 2018 3:55 PM
Dec 2018
ITS BEEN 4 YEARS WHERES THE SECOND SEASON
Mar 31, 2019 11:29 AM

Jan 2018
Can someone spoil me what happens after real quick?
tyvm
Sep 4, 2019 11:48 AM

Jan 2016
Went into this hearing that it's mediocre at best and surprisingly it was really entertaining! A lot was contributed by the seiyuus who were all truly magnificent, but also because of the cast!

The story probably would've cranked up a bit if this had gotten a season 2 and sadly the LNs aren't translated.

Solid show, 8/10
Nov 6, 2019 12:19 PM
Apr 2016
I think that it deserves a second season after all. I suppose we would see much more better character development and some battles. Such a great experience...great
Feb 16, 2020 4:51 AM

Feb 2012
Overall fun little anime, it's really sad the novel is not translated.
7/10 for me

「 To other people, I might not have changed at all, but I feel like I was able to change... 」

Mar 29, 2020 11:09 AM

Aug 2018
Was much better than I expected but the incomplete adaptation leaves me feeling frustrated and wishing I had never bothered watching in the first place.
Apr 5, 2020 4:07 AM

Apr 2015
Tomoyo became one of my favourite girls ever, design wise and personality wise she is exactly what I want from an anime character

And outside of her...nothing.

If this was a seasonal I would have finished it and rated it 5 or so; but it isn't so I'm leaving midway

A bit more critically speaking, I think this tried to do a bit too much in too little time with the characters considering the setting; it wasn't overly rushed but the LNH SOL in the show was given very little time to breathe which threw the show off a lot
May 4, 2020 5:12 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Nice happy end, it was a pretty good watch 6/10 fine anime
Sep 12, 2020 7:18 AM
Jul 2020
Very boring 4/10ㅤㅤㅤ ㅤㅤㅤ ㅤㅤㅤ ㅤㅤㅤ
Nov 3, 2020 11:18 PM

Oct 2010
7/10, really enjoy high school kids just playing around with superpowers. At least we werent left with some half assed romance conflicts. Everyone has assured themselves that they love Andou. Whats left is the actual war that we didnt see much of. But I guess thats what the LN is for. Good anime <3
May 8, 2021 8:34 AM

Jun 2020
A fight by Kudou was already happening finally for all those episodes we got a fight scene

Andou facing her one on one and that speech of his really made it for the best and those tears, That's why he was refrained from using his powers because he can't control it or rather it can't be put out

Making things up everything went back to normal and everyone's power is restored and they can go out again as a club good to see them back to their "Usual Days"

Very entertaining show all in all but I expected more fighting scenes but the development of each character that each episode that went through was still fine but I would love to see some action from them again I should say, Loved it.
Jun 29, 2021 1:21 PM
Apr 2021
Episode yang sangat bagus
May 15, 2022 4:22 PM
Dec 2021
great episode. Stokes theorem.
Apr 10, 2023 4:43 PM

Mar 2018
Overall boring, it feels like nothing much happened in this season. No big fight by Trigger for this last episode neither.

Nonetheless there are some great and funny moments, especially Hatoko's rant (one of a kind) or Andou's lolicon speech.

6/10
ZoshlogApr 10, 2023 4:48 PM
Sep 23, 2023 5:02 AM

Dec 2022
So that's why they didn't want him using his "Awakened Power".

This anime is actually pretty good when it focuses on parodic chuuni antics. Unfortunately, it can't help but wander off and try its hand at romantic drama and battle shonen too, which it fails epically at. Passable comedy does not make up for this sort of ridiculous tonal inconsistency on its own.
Archean-ReturnSep 23, 2023 5:07 AM

Shaded Horizon

Dec 26, 2023 11:21 AM
Dec 2022
Awww, the anime was really good! If only it received a season 2!
Jan 30, 7:36 PM

Dec 2022
Hajime is gnarly as fuck and i wanna see more of his antics, wish this had gotten a second season, sad!
they even put a little self-referential commercial for the LN with Tomoyo making a recommendation to read it there near the end lol
fun ride it was enjoyed it as thoroughly as could be enjoyed
Mar 19, 11:33 PM
Mar 2023
buh buh buh buh buh
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Inou-Battle wa Nichijou-kei no Naka de Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 6, 2014

248 by Gin_Okuri-inu »»
Apr 14, 11:09 AM

Poll: » Best girl

q1w2e3r4t5 - Mar 26, 2019

7 by Piromysl »»
Apr 13, 11:52 PM

Poll: » Inou-Battle wa Nichijou-kei no Naka de Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 15, 2014

109 by gannoncannon55 »»
Jan 30, 7:07 PM

Poll: » Inou-Battle wa Nichijou-kei no Naka de Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 8, 2014

115 by gannoncannon55 »»
Jan 30, 6:45 PM

Poll: » Inou-Battle wa Nichijou-kei no Naka de Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 1, 2014

144 by gannoncannon55 »»
Jan 29, 7:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.