Forum Settings
Forums
New
Dec 7, 2014 8:15 PM

Aug 2014
Toho officially announced that they're making a Godzilla movie for 2014. I bet they're gonna be better then that American shit.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 7, 2014 8:51 PM

Sep 2011
A lot of people don't like Gareth Edwards's Godzilla, but I quite liked it. I won't complain about getting another Godzilla movie while waiting for the sequel-- will watch.
EeyoreDec 7, 2014 8:56 PM
Dec 7, 2014 10:51 PM

Sep 2013
I was in no way, shape, nor form expecting another Japanese Godzilla film this quickly. But it's great news. It seems like Toho is taking its time for once, planning two years in advance. Hopefully will get something great.
Dec 9, 2014 9:09 AM

Aug 2010
I just hope Godzilla appears more in this than in this year's film. :(
Bum Bum Dum Dum

Dec 9, 2014 1:13 PM

Aug 2014
malvarez1 said:
I just hope Godzilla appears more in this than in this year's film. :(
Don't worry, the writers for 2014 aren't gonna touch this one.
Dec 9, 2014 2:00 PM

Aug 2013
Dec 9, 2014 2:57 PM

Jul 2014
Toho is great for lovers of cheesy, batshit crazy Godzilla.

For those who haven't seen it, watch their latest Godzilla movie "Final Wars". It's hilarious and badass all at the same time.

The latest American Godzilla was great. People who say Godzilla wasn't in it enough clearly know nothing about Godzilla's history. Godzilla is not a main character, he is more like a force of nature.
Gatsby42Dec 9, 2014 3:03 PM

[b]“To be honest, as this world goes, is to be one man picked out of ten thousand.” - Hamlet [/b]
Dec 9, 2014 3:01 PM

Apr 2014

Dec 9, 2014 3:05 PM

Sep 2013
Gatsby42 said:
Toho is great for lovers of cheesy, batshit crazy Godzilla.

For those who haven't seen it, watch their latest Godzilla movie "Final Wars". It's hilarious and badass all at the same time.

The latest American Godzilla was great. People who say Godzilla wasn't in it enough clearly no nothing about Godzilla's history. Godzilla is not a main character, he is more like a force of nature.

1) Final Wars was a box office disaster in its homeland and a mess as movie.

2) Godzilla (2014) was not great and Godzilla wasn't in it nearly enough. The latest film was 30+ min longer than the average Toho film. None of that extra running time went towards Godzilla. Actually he received less than usual. To make matters worse, he wasn't even the focus of the movie.
Dec 12, 2014 2:17 PM

Dec 2014
If Zilla's featured more than ten minutes, then consider me sold. I'll even consider paying the full admission ticket.

Seriously though, I'm aware that the japanese know their way around the fine line between plausible and ridiculous, so I'm confident they'll appease the fans that disliked the recent western version.
Dec 20, 2014 11:19 PM

Aug 2014
Reketre said:
If Zilla's featured more than ten minutes, then consider me sold. I'll even consider paying the full admission ticket.

Seriously though, I'm aware that the japanese know their way around the fine line between plausible and ridiculous, so I'm confident they'll appease the fans that disliked the recent western version.
It's really unlikely that they'll do that.
Apr 18, 2015 1:46 PM

Sep 2013
Hideaki Anno (Nadia, Gunbuster, and Neon Genesis Evolution) and Shinji Higuchi (Heisei Gamera Trilogy) will be directing Godzilla (2016). Shinji Higuchi will also be in charge of special effects.

Edit: Further Information

SkeleturtleApr 18, 2015 1:53 PM
Apr 18, 2015 1:49 PM
Mar 2011
NebulaC3I said:
Hideaki Anno (Nadia, Gunbuster, and Neon Genesis Evolution) and Shinji Higuchi (Heisei Gamera Trilogy) will be directing Godzilla (2016). Shinji Higuchi will also be in charge of special effects.

Tsubaraya san was the SE giys ever in Japan
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Apr 18, 2015 9:48 PM

Aug 2014
FGAU1912 said:
NebulaC3I said:

Tsubaraya san was the SE giys ever in Japan
I'm sorry but may I ask what does "SE" mean?
Apr 18, 2015 10:03 PM

Aug 2013
NebulaC3I said:

2) Godzilla (2014) was not great and Godzilla wasn't in it nearly enough. The latest film was 30+ min longer than the average Toho film. None of that extra running time went towards Godzilla. Actually he received less than usual. To make matters worse, he wasn't even the focus of the movie.

But in godzilla vs Mothra he was also hardly in the movie, he just show'd up at the end for the fight. Most of the movie was the humans and fairy things embroiled in an ownership argument with a sleazy business man. Even when the monsters threw down this human element was still going on. Like the fight in the hotel room.
Apr 18, 2015 10:06 PM

Aug 2014
Spooky_Love said:
NebulaC3I said:

But in godzilla vs Mothra he was also hardly in the movie, he just show'd up at the end for the fight. Most of the movie was the humans and fairy things embroiled in an ownership argument with a sleazy business man. Even when the monsters threw down this human element was still going on. Like the fight in the hotel room.
Was Godzilla shrouded behind mist in every scene?
Apr 18, 2015 11:43 PM

Jan 2015
American Godzilla 2014 was garbage. At least I think so, I actually fell asleep I was so underwhelmed. I hope Japan can do better seeing as Gojira is their invention to begin with.
Apr 19, 2015 3:12 AM

Dec 2013
I actually liked new US Godzilla. Everyone has to admit that the atomic breath scene was the absolutely sickest shit.

Anyway, i don't mind more Godzilla no matter where it comes from. And Anno directing has me curious.
Apr 19, 2015 3:19 AM
Feb 2014
The originals are always better so this is gonna be awesome
the newest one was american right?

anyone watched the first black and white one? what you think bout it?
Apr 19, 2015 3:46 AM

Oct 2014
Sounds cool, Toho was obviously encouraged by the better reception Godzilla 2014 got over Zilla's movie in the 90s.

Regardless of what people think of Godzilla 2014, it wasn't a piece of shit. No, it can't compare to Toho's films but it wasn't THAT bad. And when you're talking about Godzilla himself, LegendaryGoji is the best Godzilla. I find him more believable than a man-in-a-suit, he was actually a 'monster' for once. An animal, not a rubber thingy.

But yeah, Toho's Godzilla films were always entertaining, would be good to see what they have in store. And hehehe, looks like Toho is aiming to outsize LegendaryGoji by introducing an even LARGER Godzilla in the upcoming film. But that is of course, understandable.
Apr 19, 2015 3:53 AM

May 2014
Hmm everyone here seems to know Toho but me....
American's godzilla wasn't that bad.
Malfegor said:
I actually liked new US Godzilla. Everyone has to admit that the atomic breath scene was the absolutely sickest shit..

Well this^ pretty much made it awesome.
I think a Godzilla movie needs more screentime for Godzilla, I mean it's called Godzilla.
Oke the tale might be different but if you don't want Godzilla too much in the story give the movie an other fvcking name.
Apr 19, 2015 8:11 AM

Aug 2014
Malfegor said:
I actually liked new US Godzilla. Everyone has to admit that the atomic breath scene was the absolutely sickest shit.
GMK had better breath scenes. Hell, it only look like someone was spraying a hose on the MUTO. I'm surprised he got hurt by that weak shit.
Apr 19, 2015 8:15 AM

Aug 2014
Khaosman said:
LegendaryGoji is the best Godzilla

SokogekiGoji heard you talking some serious bullshit.

Apr 19, 2015 8:18 AM

Aug 2014
FahtahSensei said:
American Godzilla 2014 was garbage. At least I think so, I actually fell asleep I was so underwhelmed. I hope Japan can do better seeing as Gojira is their invention to begin with.
Same here, I fell asleep a few times while watching it. That film went in the "Films to never watch again category" along with Pacific Rim.
Apr 19, 2015 8:30 AM

Nov 2011
what's the difference between the American and Japanese Godzilla?
*haven't watched either*
You can buy lossless digital music from your favorite Japanese artists on https://ototoy.jp/.
The songs are all DRM-free and you can re-download your purchased albums as you wish.
Show your support to your favorite artist if you can!
ps. if you are looking for Japanese albums, you have to search it in Japanese (not romaji). Just copy and paste the name.

For those who want to learn Japanese through anime
Resources for learning the language
Apr 19, 2015 8:36 AM

Aug 2014
DreamingBeats said:
*haven't watched either*
One hardly has Godzilla.
Apr 19, 2015 10:04 AM

Oct 2014
MechaKiryu said:
Khaosman said:
LegendaryGoji is the best Godzilla

SokogekiGoji heard you talking some serious bullshit.

SokogekiGoji is pretty cool and I like MireGoji (he has a very interesting design) which came before him. Why I say LegendaryGoji is the best is because they were able to break away from the limits imposed on having a man in a suit play a monster. LegendaryGoji just seems more.......believable, that's how I would put it. But of course, other than Godzilla himself, the 2014 movie disappointed in other areas especially with the uninteresting human characters.

That's just my opinion.
Apr 19, 2015 3:06 PM

Mar 2008
DreamingBeats said:
*haven't watched either*
America uses CGI, Japan uses a guy in a suit. Both have their own plots. America only has two Godzilla movies so far and Japan has a ton.
Apr 19, 2015 4:08 PM

Dec 2013
Khaosman said:
... uninteresting human characters.

sounds like pretty much every Godzilla movie.
Apr 20, 2015 2:15 PM

Sep 2013
Malfegor said:
Khaosman said:

Even bad characters in the most of the Japanese films can be fun. Nothing of the sort was allowed in Godzilla (2014).
Spooky_Love said:
NebulaC3I said:

Mothra vs. Godzilla (Godzilla vs. The Thing) is considered one of the best films in the franchise for good reason. It features solid monster action, likeable characters, and one of the best soundtracks of all the films. Also, since it was the fourth entry, it had the right to start experimenting. Godzilla (2014) is reboot and therefore should have revolved around the titular character. For a film named after him, serving as an introduction to the character for many people, he isn't the focus and could fairly easily be written out altogether. How much time does he get in Godzilla (2014)? Ten minutes? Nearly half of that was obscured by water, smoke, and darkness. How long was the overall film? More than 2 hours? The most interesting characters were either killed off (Father Brody) thirty minutes in or received little attention (Serizawa). We're left with reminders of better characters from better movies (Jurassic Park, Jaws, Godzilla 54), wasted potential, and a story that takes itself far too seriously. The "teases" only made the situation worse. Just when it looks like something exciting will happen, the films switches back to the cardboard cutouts masquerading as main characters.

Khaosman said:
And when you're talking about Godzilla himself, LegendaryGoji is the best Godzilla. I find him more believable than a man-in-a-suit, he was actually a 'monster' for once. An animal, not a rubber thingy.

Computer generated imagery, for the most part, stopped impressing me years ago. I think we've gone a little too crazy with the technology. I prefer using practical effects whenever possible, it feels more real to me. Especially when they're done well. And it has and can be done. Imo, sequences that are too costly or are too difficult to pull off with practical effects should be the places where computer generated imagery is used. Touching up a little on practical effects is cool too.

The increased production time and Shinji Higuchi are good signs that Toho is serious about doing their best. They definitely want their efforts to be compared favorably to the production value of Godzilla (2014). Higuchi is responsible for some of the best special effects in Japanese monster films.

Gamera 3: Revenge of Iris
A God Warrior Descends on Tokyo

Both of those were done with small budgets and years ago. Now he has Japan's largest movie studio at his disposal. Neon Genesis Evangelion and Gunbuster have cool characters and interesting stories, so hopefully Anno will bring characters and stories of similar quality to the table for this. Or maybe he'll pull a Rebuild of Evangelion: 3.0 You Can (Not) Redo.
Apr 27, 2015 1:30 PM

Aug 2014
Malfegor said:
Khaosman said:

Akane...
Apr 27, 2015 1:36 PM
Jan 2015
A show about a dinosaur destroying my island neighbor?

I look forward to it. I endorse it actually.
Dec 11, 2015 3:47 AM

Sep 2013
The new design was partially revealed:
Dec 11, 2015 4:10 AM

Aug 2013
His mouth goes on far too long, should have stopped just past the eye
Dec 11, 2015 4:14 AM

Sep 2013
Spooks said:
His mouth goes on far too long, should have stopped just past the eye

Anno Hideaki is the writer and co-director here. His Eva side is showing a little. Plus he is aiming for the spirit of the original Godzilla film. This move is supposed to be the "greatest, worst nightmare ever." Seems to be off on the right track thus far.
Dec 11, 2015 6:49 AM

Nov 2011
Looks pretty scary actually. Less "cool" looking than the designs we're used to though.
The Art of Eight
Dec 11, 2015 7:36 AM

Aug 2015
Looking forward to it. I've recently become a Godzilla fan, still trying to make my way through all the movies. Got about half way to go yet. For the record, I thought the 2014 American film was pretty good and I'm looking forward to the next one.
"More than the cherry blossoms,
Inviting a wind to blow them away,
I am wondering what to do,
With the remaining springtime."

-Asano Naganori
Dec 11, 2015 8:42 AM

Aug 2013
KEIKAN said:
Looking forward to it. I've recently become a Godzilla fan, still trying to make my way through all the movies. Got about half way to go yet. For the record, I thought the 2014 American film was pretty good and I'm looking forward to the next one.

Pacific rim was a better Godzilla 2014 than Godzilla it wasn't a bad movie I just think it needed to choose either be a movie about the horrors of nuclear war made manifest and make it a horror monster movie or give us the campy monster brawl it just kind of didn't have enough motivation to be any actual fun.
Dec 11, 2015 11:37 PM

Sep 2015
They need to stop milking this crap. Just watch the original b&w 50s Godzilla and be done with it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godzilla_%28franchise%29

seriously, enough...
Apr 13, 2016 4:40 PM

Sep 2013
After months of silence, a trailer finally dropped:
Apr 13, 2016 5:08 PM

Jul 2015
That's a fucking long tail. Sure looks like something from Anno with all those "no-fun-allowed" faces :p.
Apr 13, 2016 5:29 PM

Oct 2013
Skeleturtle said:

Jesus.... It looks horrible! Japan should just stick to anime. Making movies isn't their forte. It remind me of power rangers when they're fighting in their megazords. Lol
Apr 13, 2016 7:55 PM

Jan 2015
keragamming said:
Skeleturtle said:

Jesus.... It looks horrible! Japan should just stick to anime. Making movies isn't their forte. It remind me of power rangers when they're fighting in their megazords. Lol
from what standpoint it's look horrible?? sfx?
karambiaApr 13, 2016 9:31 PM

la critique de l'intention pure
Apr 13, 2016 9:59 PM

Oct 2014
Actually, there's a reason why Godzilla is like that, he is injured. He will be healing throughout the movie and will be in constant great pain. The whole plot is also pretty dark, almost something like the original Gojira way back in 1954.

But if you ask me, I think LegendaryGoji is still the best Godzilla in terms of realism as to how a monster his size would look and act.
Apr 18, 2016 9:20 PM

Sep 2013
More Details
Director: Hideaki Anno
Writer: Hideaki Anno
Special Effects: Shinji Higuchi
Composer: Shirō Sagisu
Release Date: 29 July 2016 (Japan)

Notes:
- Still in Post-Production. So the special effects aren't finished.
- Will feature over 300 Japanese celebrities in either supporting roles or cameo appearances.
- Not connected to Legendary's Godzilla (2014).

Godzilla (Full Design):

Cross-Promotion (Godzilla x Evangelion) Artwork:
Apr 18, 2016 9:59 PM

Nov 2011
keragamming said:
Skeleturtle said:

Are you legitimately ignorant? Akira Kurosawa, Yasujirō Ozu, Kenji Mizoguchi, and Masaki Kobayashi were some of the greatest directors of all time. Their films were much better than most of the shitty harem and Loli anime most of you shit heads worship.
Apr 18, 2016 10:11 PM

Sep 2015
Some of the scenes and camera angle/shots from the trailer really resemble of Evangelion atmosphere. Make it more obvious that Hideaki Anno was the man who direct it.

Just have a little problem clinging in my mind after looking at that Godzilla design. Especially those hands, they don't look natural and that face along with that blazing red hot-like skin make it looks even more...brutal? I don't know how to say it.
The design in first poster looks okay though, but not with second one and on the trailer.

Tobacco Causes Severe Health Problems, Smoke Moderately While Respecting Others.
Apr 18, 2016 10:32 PM

Aug 2013
Ok lets check this out....

Skeleturtle said:

Godzilla (Full Design):

Its got baby arms, the tail end looks like an infected penis and he looks like an overcooked bbq rib. Oh Japan I love when you try to be edgy XD
Apr 18, 2016 10:54 PM

Oct 2013
Waifu_Strangler said:
keragamming said:

Are you legitimately ignorant? Akira Kurosawa, Yasujirō Ozu, Kenji Mizoguchi, and Masaki Kobayashi were some of the greatest directors of all time. Their films were much better than most of the shitty harem and Loli anime most of you shit heads worship.

I don't give too flying fucks on who Directed this! All I know is that it looks like crap! Like those old 70s/80s movies, we are in 2016! For christ sake! Keep screaming.
keragammingApr 18, 2016 10:59 PM
Apr 21, 2016 12:04 PM

Jan 2015
It can't be any worse than the last American Godzilla movie two years ago. I actually fell asleep in the cinema.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Currently listening to ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsukareru - Mar 29, 2021

7647 by sund0wner »»
8 minutes ago

» What was the last song you listened to? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Death - Oct 1, 2020

3415 by Ricchan__ »»
57 minutes ago

» Discuss the last movie you watched ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

GloriousHawk - Dec 29, 2012

4829 by RenaPsychoKiller »»
7 hours ago

» What was the last TV show episode (non anime) have you watched?

Vargnatt - Mar 23

35 by RenaPsychoKiller »»
9 hours ago

» godzilla minus one is one of the best sci-fi movie ever made!!11!!1

FruitPunchBaka - Yesterday

2 by LightWorker »»
12 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.