Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 10, 2014 7:37 AM

Sep 2008
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------

These kisses! *.*

Kou with flowers going to Futaba!
Aww... he is so cute!

I really like these scenes in hospital!

And they finally meet at that park!
YEAH!
LittleStarNov 10, 2014 9:01 AM
Nov 10, 2014 11:58 AM

Jul 2013
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
its about to go down.

Second season Ao Haru Ride pls.

What doesn't Kill me, Makes me Stronger.
Stand up and walk. Move on. After all, you have perfect legs to stand on.
Nov 10, 2014 7:20 PM
Mar 2013
OMG I died, I'm waiting for the translation <3
Nov 11, 2014 9:35 AM
Dec 2013
ohh God! this chapter is superr cutee.. i'm dyinggg...
i feel like in this chapter Kou is finally back to his old self..
when he smiled.. i almost died.. lol
i can't believe this manga near the end.. T^T #heartbreaking
Nov 11, 2014 6:49 PM
Nov 2014
gafoe13 said:
ohh God! this chapter is superr cutee.. i'm dyinggg...
i feel like in this chapter Kou is finally back to his old self..
when he smiled.. i almost died.. lol
i can't believe this manga near the end.. T^T #heartbreaking

I really can't wait for the translation but if I could find the non translated one, I wouldn't mind either way! t.T
Nov 12, 2014 3:26 AM

Jul 2013
I need this translation RIGHT NOW asldhasjdhasdkjhas this is best thing all week omg I cannot wait for this finally, finally, FINALLY

Although this means it'll be over soon right? :/
Nov 12, 2014 6:00 AM

Oct 2014
futaba x kou was so cute in this chapter!!! <3

anyway for anyone who wants translations to the chapter.. *SPOILER*
http://lamunetty.tumblr.com/post/102305987513/summary-ao-haru-ride-ch-46
Nov 13, 2014 10:38 AM

Sep 2008
I noticed this is funny how Touma friend say "How you can starting dating girl who liked other guy?", is like isn't too late for question like this?
Just like in chapter 45, Yuuri with her "Don't ask me! You should make that decision by yourself!"

Why you don't say it before everything started?
You needed to grown up to notice this staff?

I don't like how Sakisaka-san made Touma "If she is happy, I'm ok, too".
I had feeling like she wanted make him good character after all these selfish things,
Sakisaka-san now trying to tell me "Don't hate him, because he is such selfless guy now".
Nov 13, 2014 8:55 PM
Nov 2012
LittleStar said:

I had feeling like she wanted make him good character after all these selfish things,
Sakisaka-san now trying to tell me "Don't hate him, because he is such selfless guy now".
He was always a good character. I can't wrap my head around the irrational hate people have for him.
Nov 15, 2014 5:04 AM

Jul 2013
tcfenstermaker said:
LittleStar said:

He was always a good character. I can't wrap my head around the irrational hate people have for him.

He literally manipulated her into staying with him, guilt-tripped her multiple times and used that to his advantage. VERY CLEARLY knew she was confused and wasn't opposed to using that as leverage to....the very definitions of NOT a good character.
Nov 15, 2014 6:55 AM

Nov 2012
tcfenstermaker said:

Kind of confuse here. Not sure what you mean by good character. Do you mean his character has been well portrayed or that he is a good guy???? I mean, I do think his character was very well portrayed as a stalker.....
Nov 16, 2014 8:11 AM

Nov 2011
when he was hit by that truck i though he died like fuuka.

Nov 16, 2014 4:32 PM
Apr 2014
Cute chapter.
Liked the scene with Uchimiya and Yuuri, it was sweet.
Love the part when he buys flowers anyways.
I love their relationship, she just whips a scarf at him.
Nov 16, 2014 5:10 PM

Apr 2013
I almost had a heart attack when kou got hit by that car, thank god he didn't die or something like that or I seriously would have lost it. After
I can't deal with another situation like that.
Nov 16, 2014 5:30 PM

Sep 2014
I was about to flip a table this chapter jfc

BUT ALAS, really sweet chapter ;u; Does anyone know when the manga will end? It seems it's at the point now.
Nov 16, 2014 5:53 PM

Sep 2011
Good chapter. After he got hit by the car I thought some bull shit drama was going to happen.
Nov 16, 2014 6:27 PM

Nov 2011
That accident scared me a little this chapter at first considering the timing.
. Good to see them becoming an official couple after that kiss. Now they just have to maintain it and I'll be happy.
Nov 16, 2014 6:47 PM

Feb 2014
Soooooooo hapy about this chapter. SO SO SO HAPPY- ABOUT TIME.
Nov 16, 2014 6:52 PM

Feb 2014
Uchimiya saying flat out "I love you." to Yuuri.

Like others have said, me too.
I almost died seeing Kou get into that accident.
But after seeing he wasn't seriously injured, I had a huge relief.

Kou getting flowers for Futaba and thinking about what her reaction would be.
Also thinking that it's so not like him.

Ah~
They're finally together.

"Later on, you will become a lively person causing headaches as the shrine-god."
Nov 16, 2014 7:40 PM

Jul 2013
wuxiaspear said:

^ this LOL

freaking finally asdfghjkljhdfsafghj
hihi~ 안녕하세요~ こんにちは~
Nov 16, 2014 8:53 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Omg this whole chapter was adorable!!! Can't contain my happiness, made all these past 45 chapters of pain and suffering worthwhile!

My heart almost stopped when the truck came, like fuck. But thank goodness fatality/amnesia via car accident avoided! I knew I could trust Sakisaka NOT to pull some stupid depressing shit like that ;__; Reminds me of one of my favorite shoujo manga that did this too except it was the girl not the guy

Anyways, I know I've said this a billion times, but Kou has grown so much. My heart can't deal with his cuteness, like how he was worried about if he should go home and take a shower first, or if he should buy flowers even though it's not his style. What a perfect way to depict being in love~ He's so silly but I'm so glad everything went well. I must go re-read the chapter again.
Nov 16, 2014 9:31 PM

Jul 2012
Shit that was the cutest thing ever...especially Makita with Uchiyama

I also had a mini heart attack when the truck came... Thank god it wasn't anything serious.

tcfenstermaker said:
LittleStar said:

Because people are hardcore Kou fans? lol I don't get why people think good character necessarily means good natured. I liked the flaws and honesty Touma had because he actually had the guts to ask her out and not be wishy washy about it.
Nov 16, 2014 9:54 PM

Jul 2012
moeanao said:
Kou has flaws too but most people don't mention it. No one's perfect.
And I'm sure most people just try to find reasons to hate Touma because he got in the way of Kou and Futaba's relationship.

Because Kou's just like most shoujo manga MC's. They neglect the main girl and have some kind of depressing backstory to back up their mood swings. Which is why people who like him don't bother mentioning his flaws because he already fits the role well.
And yeah, "because he got in the way of Kou and Futaba's relationship" is probably why Kou fans hate him. I can't see any reason why.

I don't hate Kou at all btw. Don't hunt me, Kou-lovers.
Nov 16, 2014 10:42 PM
The Destroyer.
Feb 2013
And here I thought more drama would come with some serious-injured Kou. Still, I found Kou's behavior quite forced since the author had to put him to act this way for the manga's upcoming ending.
Nov 16, 2014 10:56 PM

Oct 2013
I had to fan myself this chapter *__*

Yusssss
Nov 16, 2014 11:32 PM

Mar 2012
It's as if Kou morphed into an alien.
Nov 17, 2014 12:27 AM

Sep 2011
Seems a bit quick of a turn around, but it also really felt like a last chapter to me. I'm mean it's all pretty wrapped up with that.
Nov 17, 2014 2:21 AM

Mar 2013
they're finally able to meet at that fucking Sankaku Park
Nov 17, 2014 2:25 AM

Oct 2012
yooooooooooooo the feels yooooooooo i love this manga yes yes yes yes and finely they'r together
"Happiness is like glass. It may be all around you, yet be invisible. But if you change your angle of viewing a little, then it will reflect light more beautifully than any other object around you."
Nov 17, 2014 4:04 AM

Nov 2012
mayukachan said:
moeanao said:
Kou has flaws too but most people don't mention it. No one's perfect.
And I'm sure most people just try to find reasons to hate Touma because he got in the way of Kou and Futaba's relationship.

Because Kou's just like most shoujo manga MC's. They neglect the main girl and have some kind of depressing backstory to back up their mood swings. Which is why people who like him don't bother mentioning his flaws because he already fits the role well.
And yeah, "because he got in the way of Kou and Futaba's relationship" is probably why Kou fans hate him. I can't see any reason why.

I don't hate Kou at all btw. Don't hunt me, Kou-lovers.

Funny, cause one of the things most Kou fans say on this discussions is that Kou has his flaws, they barely ever deny it, but they just can't understand why Touma fans for some reason can't see his flaws and he is still nice, honest, whatever..... even though he keeps doing bad things and he even admits doing it.
Funny thing is that even Futaba is hated for some Touma fans, despite him pressuring her to date him, being fully aware that she didn't have any feelings for him.
jose21Nov 17, 2014 4:35 AM
Nov 17, 2014 4:20 AM

May 2013
My OTP is now canon. Good development for Touma and his friend Uchimiya I guess?

Man, Kou's blushes are too cute for me. He really changed.

wuxiaspear said:

I haven't read Fuuka yet but I've seen spoilers and me too.
The world shall know the truth soon.
Nov 17, 2014 4:40 AM
Jan 2014
OMG, Kou is so cute, I almost cried reading this chapter T______T He has changed a lot, I love his smile <3
Nov 17, 2014 5:19 AM

Oct 2013
OMG YES YES YESSSS!! this is too cute ...
finally omg jfiasjaklkfjdiosafjkdls, I really like kou's development through the manga
Nov 17, 2014 5:29 AM
Mar 2009
Whoa, Kou's like a completely different person! But ohmygod they're so cute FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY
Nov 17, 2014 5:44 AM

Oct 2014
They're finally together! I'm so happy! It was really cute :D
Nov 17, 2014 6:15 AM
Dec 2013
jose21 said:

Funny, cause one of the things most Kou fans say on this discussions is that Kou has his flaws, they barely ever deny it, but they just can't understand why Touma fans for some reason can't see his flaws and he is still nice, honest, whatever..... even though he keeps doing bad things and he even admits doing it.
Funny thing is that even Futaba is hated for some Touma fans, despite him pressuring her to date him, being fully aware that she didn't have any feelings for him.

I just don't get why people hate Touma. The way i see it, Touma doesn't know that Futaba and Kou had history together in mid high.. and he was there when Kou was hugging with other girl (Narumi), so he thought that maybe Kou's not serious with Futaba... so i think he just want to make Futaba happy if Futaba choose him.. that's why only after Kou rejected her then Touma made his move..

I think the mangaka sure put into account everything and didn't really make bad/good characters.. it just depend how you view it.
gafoe13Nov 19, 2014 2:14 AM
Nov 17, 2014 6:52 AM

Sep 2008
gafoe13 said:
wall of text

I used to like Touma and I never see him as treat for Koutaba,
even when Futaba was dating him it was all one-sided, because he forced Futaba to dating him.

I started dislike him when he go after Futaba when she was heartbroken,
even when his friends said that he shouldn't do that so fast...
First he was all like "I can wait. I understand your feelings", but only one small moment Fu with Kou and he "I can't wait! Please, reply on my confession now" when Futaba wanted reject him, he stopped and pushed her to be his girlfriend.

There is lot of times when he don't take into account Futaba's feelings...
When Futaba feel bad for her small trip with Kou Touma doesn't mind to act like he have no idea...
I can understand that this has painfull to him, but he could at last... "I know about it, but I don't want talk about it now"

I just can't stand his fakeness...
With his friend, with Kou he could show other part of his chara,
but with Fu "Oh! I'm such cute and nice guy *blush, blush*"

I don't really like how Sakisaka-san in last chapter trying to make him looks like nice guy... with this all cliche second guy trope "As long she is happy, I'm happy too"
I know this was made just to make his fans feel better...
but just in last chapter "You can talk about everything, but not about breaking up",
even when he noticed that Fu never liked him, she still wanted be with her.

Kinda lame that even when he knows girl can't falling in love with him,
that he forced her into ship with him, it was painfull to him when he was dating her...
He still is ready to go after her again... -.-
LittleStarNov 17, 2014 7:21 AM
Nov 17, 2014 7:15 AM
Jul 2013
KISSES, FLOWERS, I LOVE YOU'S, SMILES. *THROWS CONFETTI*
bless you, sakisaka-sensei ;A;
Nov 17, 2014 7:42 AM

Sep 2014
I'm extremely satisfied with this chapter. I was particularly fond of Uchimiya in this, considering how
And I think just about everyone was satisfied with

Now it's time to hope for a second season of the anime adaptation. =]
Nov 17, 2014 1:43 PM
Nov 2012
LittleStar said:
gafoe13 said:
wall of text

I started dislike him when he go after Futaba when she was heartbroken,
even when his friends said that he shouldn't do that so fast...
First he was all like "I can wait. I understand your feelings", but only one small moment Fu with Kou and he "I can't wait! Please, reply on my confession now" when Futaba wanted reject him, he stopped and pushed her to be his girlfriend.

You know how you don't get friend-zoned? You make clear where you want the relationship to be. He did that. People somehow call this brutal honesty "manipulation." Manipulation is jerking someone around for a year, like a certain other character (which is why I lost empathy with him).

The endless whining about Futaba somehow being backed into a corner has the unspoken assumption that she's too frail and delicate--or stupid and indecisive--to make binary decisions. In fact, she is. But that's her character flaw, not Touma's. (It's also why I lost empathy with her.)

I still can't find a thing wrong with Touma except he defied the typical shojou manga tropes by being a strong character with no ulterior motives who knew what he wanted and spoke plainly. I guess the behavior is so foreign to manga readers they chalked it up to him being "evil." I certainly hope no one models their real-life expectations of healthy relationships on what they learn from manga.

Anyway I'm done babbling about this; I went thru this in painful detail in last chapter's discussion. Maybe I'll eventually actually read the scanlation of this chapter but I admit I don't care much anymore and am just reading it to say I finished the race. (It *is* ending shortly, isn't it?)
Nov 17, 2014 1:58 PM

Sep 2008
tcfenstermaker said:
wall of text

About which character you write?

Even Touma's friend said it was lame that he started dating girl who is in love with other guy.

For some Touma's fans he will be always good character...
No matter how bad he was, he will be good, honest and nice guy.

Even if Touma said "Yeah, I don't really care about Yoshioka's feeling",
people will still say "Oh, how cute and honest guy he is!"
Nov 17, 2014 2:14 PM

Feb 2011
OWAAAAAAAAAAA FINNALY
Nov 17, 2014 2:42 PM

Sep 2012
OMG I almost died with the accident scene

How many chapters will we have? If this were the last one, I'd be happy with the story xD
O importante não é o que fazemos de nós, mas o que nós fazemos daquilo que fazem de nós
Nov 17, 2014 3:33 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

THIS CHAPTER WAS SOOOOO FUCKING CUTEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Nov 17, 2014 3:34 PM

Dec 2013
Gawd. Finally. Feels like the past month of my life has boiled down to waiting for that single chapter :I

Really, Sakisaka Io? Was Kou getting hit by a truck necessary? Would it have been so hard to just let the two kids meet at Sankaku like they've wanted to for the last 5 years without any drama? Must you invoke heart palpitations in your entire fanbase? =3=

Uchimiya, so sweet <3

Also, Kou felt a little out of character for me this chapter :/ He's felt that way for a while now; this chapter was just the height of it, with all that smiling and blushing and laughing. I guess he can't be angsty forever though, it's about time :)
Although I prefer all of that, instead of him being, you know, dead.

The hospital scene was so lovely. All of it. "I don't know. Because I have never loved anyone besides you" and the face that went with it...Sweet baby lord save me *dies*
And all those long-awaited kisses ;-;

All in all, a really cute chapter, somehow a bit underwhelming, but I got the feels anyways :) It's nice that they're finally both happy :)

Can see things are starting to wrap up. Up next, Kominato :D

On another note: Why is this anti-Touma war still ongoing? He never got Futaba, whether or not he was manipulative/selfish/evil/whatever other mean word, can we just let it be :(
Nov 17, 2014 3:36 PM

Jul 2012
KawaiiSenpaii said:
On another note: Why is this anti-Touma war still ongoing? He never got Futaba, whether or not he was manipulative/selfish/evil/whatever other mean word, can we just let it be :(

Because some people are so butthurt that Touma even existed LOL
Nov 17, 2014 3:54 PM
Jul 2012
Kou has a sudden change in attitude. A little more open about his feelings at least. I was really rooting for Kikuchi. I hope there's more conclusion between Kikuchi and Futaba in the next chapter. Their break up wasn't really satisfying enough. It was sure that Kou and Futaba would be together so I had it coming and was prepared for this outcome. Good stuff.

Nov 17, 2014 4:21 PM

Dec 2013
mayukachan said:
KawaiiSenpaii said:

Because some people are so butthurt that Touma even existed LOL

Guys, please don't be butthurt :(

jjrocks24 said:

No. What?
IT'S TOO SOON (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━
There's so many sweet, sweet KouxFutaba moments that I still need to see D:
Nov 17, 2014 5:20 PM
Aug 2013
KaoreenT said:
they're finally able to meet at that fucking Sankaku Park

Oh my gosh, I laughed so hard at this and I totally agree!

Also, some people have said that Kou has had a big personality change, and I kind of agree, but I definitely prefer this to angst!

Ahhh! Oh my gawd! It took 46 chapters and a lot of drama but it finally freaking happened! They are finally freaking together! AHHHHHHHHH! *twitches a bit* I can barely believe this. And when Kou got hit by that car I was so freaking sure there'd be more trouble. Thank goodness they made up right away, and finally met for real at Sankaku Park. Goodness gracious. And is it just more or is Touma admitting to everything he did a lot lately? I didn't care for the Yuuri moment, I don't really care much for her relationship at all really. The kissing scene between Futaba and Kou didn't get me either. The one they had way back was better, though it was quickly ruined after lol. It's just that I usually reread the pages about ten times, this time I only reread the pages once to make sure I wasn't dreaming.

And also, I didn't expect Kou to die like some people here thought (who is Fuuka?), though I did expect more drama and crap, I actually predicted Kou to get hit by a car in the last discussion, a few others predicted it too. Luckily Sakisaka was just teasing. Thank goodness Tanaka-sensei called Futaba.

I think Kou is finally at peace and relieved. He just seems so calm now, and he's nice!

Touma explaining some of his actions this time actually gave me more respect for him even though I still despise his methods. I felt like it gave him more character or something. I know what he means, he doesn't want regrets, he doesn't want to feel like he could have tried harder. I get that. I could understand him, for the first time ever. Him admitting to what we all suspected also was pretty nice.

Thank you Sakisaka, thank you for finally ending this torture.
Nov 17, 2014 5:28 PM
Nov 2012
LittleStar said:
tcfenstermaker said:
wall of text

Even if Touma said "Yeah, I don't really care about Yoshioka's feeling",
people will still say "Oh, how cute and honest guy he is!"
I don't care if he's cute, seeing as I'm a straight male myself. I'm his fan because he DIDN'T say things like, "I don't really care about her feelings."

It's more accurate to say, the readers don't care about his feelings, which is what I find so disturbing: the underlying assumption that in a love story, the guy's feelings are secondary to the girl's. It's particularly telling that people seem to think they were trolled by the author by having him say "I only want her happiness" as if that is out of character, when in fact it's completely consistent with his character.

LittleStar said:
Even Touma's friend said it was lame that he started dating girl who is in love with other guy.

I'd say it's more lame that Futaba started dating a guy when she was in love with someone else. Oh, wait, I forgot, he "forced" her to make up her mind (which somehow counts as "manipulation"). That seems to be his biggest crime, I guess; he should have just let her string him along for as long as she wanted while she figured out what she wanted, while his own feelings get ignored.

I don't normally get even remotely worked up over what fans think of anything in a manga, but for some reason this irrational hatred of Touma just touches a raw nerve in me. Maybe it cuts too close to home, I guess.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ao Haru Ride Chapter 49 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

LittleStar - Feb 11, 2015

107 by Rhaelynne »»
Mar 8, 5:59 PM

Poll: » Ao Haru Ride Chapter 45 Discussion ( 1 2 )

LittleStar - Oct 11, 2014

98 by CoomSlayer69 »»
Oct 15, 2023 8:32 AM

Poll: » Ao Haru Ride Chapter 23 Discussion

blue-y - Nov 8, 2012

39 by hydumpling »»
Jul 18, 2023 3:09 PM

Poll: » Ao Haru Ride Chapter 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

LittleStar - Sep 8, 2012

65 by hydumpling »»
Jul 18, 2023 2:38 PM

Poll: » Ao Haru Ride Chapter 34 Discussion ( 1 2 )

LittleStar - Nov 10, 2013

73 by minnaslay127 »»
Jun 3, 2023 6:33 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.