Forum Settings
Forums
New
Nov 9, 2014 2:09 PM

Jun 2008
I never got into online multiplayer RPG's etc cause i like having a story with an end and finish etc but i thought i might as well check out once after so many years ignoring them.

Of course since am more of a single player guy i see paying to try such a thing as a big NO and possible money waste.

So since most of this things as i hear are free but always with a catch can i ask for a recommendation of one that doesn't involve the usual catch that in the end you have to buy shit if you want to fully get along with the game or is there no such thing?

Nov 9, 2014 2:16 PM

Apr 2012
Archeage I guess. Warlords of Draenor is coming out but that has a subscription.

Nov 9, 2014 2:17 PM

Jul 2013
Guild Wars
Nov 9, 2014 2:24 PM

Jun 2008
Zeally said:
Archeage I guess.

So this game doesn't have anything completely closed to free players?
Nov 9, 2014 2:31 PM

Apr 2012
Monad said:
Zeally said:
Archeage I guess.

oh i'm not sure lol. I tried it but I couldn't get into it. It has pretty character customization though. I don't think there are any content restrictions to free players if that is what you mean, but you should confirm with someone else.

Nov 9, 2014 2:40 PM

Jun 2008
Zeally said:
Monad said:

oh i'm not sure lol. I tried it but I couldn't get into it. It has pretty character customization though. I don't think there are any content restrictions to free players if that is what you mean, but you should confirm with someone else.

But that is what am looking for. A game that doesn't undervalue the experience if you don't pay for certain items etc. I don't care is if it's some pointless things like a sexy costume or something like that but things like better weapons etc that can have an effect on your progress.
Nov 9, 2014 2:42 PM

Sep 2011
Tera

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet
Nov 9, 2014 2:55 PM

Sep 2013
Monad said:
Zeally said:

But that is what am looking for. A game that doesn't undervalue the experience if you don't pay for certain items etc. I don't care is if it's some pointless things like a sexy costume or something like that but things like better weapons etc that can have an effect on your progress.

You can't own land or use the auction house. You also restore labour extremely slowly compared to subscribers which is used for crafting and everything that isn't combat/questing.
Nov 9, 2014 2:57 PM
Jun 2014

Try Warframe. You play as bad ass space ninjas that fuck shit up. You don't have to spend a dime on it. They do try and tempt you into buying Platinum so you can buy speed up crafting but the waiting times aren't really that long. To build a frame from scratch it takes three days. You start off with a frame already made. I started off with Excalibur. You can trade blueprints in the game for plat anyway.
'The way of the wang is long...and hard'
Nov 9, 2014 2:59 PM

Jan 2013
Monad said:
Zeally said:
Archeage I guess.

A lot of the good content requires a subcription fee of $15. It's free to play but you're not going to have fun as one.

It's shit
Nov 9, 2014 3:02 PM

Jun 2008
Lime_ said:
Tera

Hmm..Can i hope this recommendation is relevant to my post and not just the thread title? Anyone else knows about this game to inform me?

LashLethal said:

Try Warframe. You play as bad ass space ninjas that fuck shit up. You don't have to spend a dime on it. They do try and tempt you into buying Platinum so you can buy speed up crafting but the waiting times aren't really that long. To build a frame from scratch it takes three days. You start off with a frame already made. I started off with Excalibur. You can trade blueprints in the game for plat anyway.

Thanks, i'll give it a shot.
Nov 9, 2014 3:04 PM

Jun 2008
VitaminCaim said:
Monad said:

A lot of the good content requires a subcription fee of $15. It's free to play but you're not going to have fun as one.

It's shit

Evit said:
Monad said:

You can't own land or use the auction house. You also restore labour extremely slowly compared to subscribers which is used for crafting and everything that isn't combat/questing.

Thanks both for the info. I guess that is out then.
Nov 9, 2014 3:07 PM

Jan 2013
If I were you, I'd wait it out for Tree of Savior

More topics from this board

» Pokemon : Which legendary pokemon have you randomly came across without looking up their location?

Thy-Veseveia - Apr 9

4 by DreamWindow »»
2 hours ago

» Gacha Survey ( 1 2 )

Shizuna - Apr 11

57 by DreamingBeats »»
2 hours ago

» Looking for more Anime Pixel Games

Astachanna - Apr 4

12 by Astachanna »»
6 hours ago

» Last game you purchased ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Completely_Numb - Mar 15, 2014

525 by Timeline_man »»
7 hours ago

» Stellar Blade Preview: Sekiro Meets NieR: Automata?

deg - Feb 1

28 by Shizuna »»
9 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.