Forum Settings
Forums
New
Nov 4, 2014 12:20 PM

Aug 2013
Im looking to invest in a new computer screen/games screen my old 22inch hd is well getting old. I want a new flatscreen, something sleek and thin around 44-50inch with good quality image for HD movies and games but unfortunately if I want a new console too I have to limit the budget to max £350.

Anyone know a good choice around that range? I know theres some sales on here and there but im still confused.
Nov 4, 2014 12:29 PM
Jul 2018
You don't want a TV to play PC on. The response time is so high it'll feel like it's lagging to shit.

I'd choose the ''Asus VG278HE'' PC monitor. It's perfect for games, and you can plug in a 7th or 8th gen (Excluding the Wii) into it as well!
The refresh rate is high, 144Hz. Which will give you a much smoother experience.
Response time is low, 2ms. The action of the button will happen 2ms after yoǘ've clicked it.
The resolution, while not great, isn't bad either. It's Full HD (1920x1080), with the way 1440p and 4K is moving in, this will get old quick.
The price is lower than 350 pounds.

Whatever you do, don't buy a TV to play PC on.
Nov 4, 2014 12:39 PM

Jan 2014
GreenSoap said:
This, but I think you mentioned getting a console in the OP, OP?

I'd say get something Samsung. They are really growing on me. I have two Samsung TVs and they are pretty reasonably priced.
Nov 4, 2014 12:45 PM

Aug 2013
Jackrabb1t said:
GreenSoap said:
This, but I think you mentioned getting a console in the OP, OP?

I'd say get something Samsung. They are really growing on me. I have two Samsung TVs and they are pretty reasonably priced.

Yeah im alsoo getting it for consoles because I have my back up 22 for computer if I need it and it looks like the new consoles don't even support the resolutions for the monitors im looking at but im not too well versed when it comes to tv/monitors I mean im looking at one that say 2560x1080 which looks nice but people say all my games even the PC will look stretched so whats the point.

I don't want the image stretched or blown up I need to to pefectly match the resolution of the games for picture perfect quality
SpooksNov 4, 2014 12:50 PM
Nov 4, 2014 4:02 PM

May 2010
You can get a TV but you need to make sure it has a 2ms response time. The next step is 5ms then 8ms. (2ms response times aren't common for TV's). It isn't the biggest deal in the world, but you'll probably notice when you move your cursor on it, or play a fast paced FPS game or something.

The standard resolution is 16:9 aka 1920:1080. Most TV's fit this standard but some monitors come in varying resolutions, such as 16:10, or wider varieties.

Don't worry about advertisements that say something like 1 million colors or whatnot. If it's 1080p, that's all you need to know as far as colors go. If you're getting it for consoles as well, bottom line make sure it has an HDMI port. You WANT 1080p but if for some reason you go down to 720p, make sure it has an HDMI port. If your PC's video card doesn't have an HDMI port, make sure the TV also has a DVI port.

Viewing angle is a big deal when more than one person wants to watch it, but TV's generally don't have much variety in this.

For the love of god don't jump on the 120fps bandwagon. Get a 60fps TV. Or make sure the "120fps" feature is something you can turn off. When you look at a 120fps display you might think you're impressed, but your eyes are just being tricked. Note: this isn't the same thing as achieving 120fps in a PC game.

Smart TV's are neat, but unnecessary. Honestly how often would you use something like that?

LCD vs. Plasma. LCD's are energy efficient. Plasma's run hot but provide a good quality picture (if you get a good one). The safest bet is to go LCD. Plasma's are generally more expensive (and again they'll heat up your room for sure), and you have to be careful how you transport them. I have a Plasma TV. It's beautiful. But it's like a heating unit...

No suggestions as far as links and shopping goes. Just keep that stuff in mind and you'll be good.

More topics from this board

» Pokemon : Which legendary pokemon have you randomly came across without looking up their location?

Thy-Veseveia - Apr 9

4 by DreamWindow »»
5 hours ago

» Gacha Survey ( 1 2 )

Shizuna - Apr 11

57 by DreamingBeats »»
6 hours ago

» Looking for more Anime Pixel Games

Astachanna - Apr 4

12 by Astachanna »»
10 hours ago

» Last game you purchased ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Completely_Numb - Mar 15, 2014

525 by Timeline_man »»
10 hours ago

» Stellar Blade Preview: Sekiro Meets NieR: Automata?

deg - Feb 1

28 by Shizuna »»
Yesterday, 2:31 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.