Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Your Lie in April
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »
Oct 20, 2014 2:34 PM

Jan 2014
That performance *.* The rest of the episode was kind of a letdown.
Not that it's bad, not at all. I actually can't wait for the next episode!
Her shaky hand is a good sign.
Oct 20, 2014 9:34 PM

Jun 2013
Chills during Kaori's performance. The animation was great, and they did a really good job portraying the emotion and just how vibrant and colorful her playing is.

And there will always be those (that one judge) that are completely unwilling to accept deviations from how things "should be" or how they were "intended to be." Glad they showed that aspect to music performance; you can't please everyone, haha.

I give this episode a Kaori-is-awesome / 5.
Oct 20, 2014 9:51 PM

Jun 2009
Was Kao simply not nervous when it came to Arima's criticism? Was that not why she was shaking? She even mentioned that she was nervous when stepping on the stage and had a little chant to calm herself, perhaps she's like Arima in that she has a bit of stage fright yet is able to get over it. Well, his is obviously more severe as he got nervous just coming inside the building and seeing everything.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Oct 21, 2014 1:06 AM

Aug 2014
That violin performance is really really awesome. Want more of it.
Oct 21, 2014 9:06 AM
Apr 2013
MoeGod said:

No this manga is not a rip off Nodame. It has a different story to tell. Just lean back and enjoy. Oh, and Kousei is the hero of this story, not Kaori. And I earnestly hope this season covers the best Bro Con I have read in a manga.

As for the title, Japanese allows a wealth of interpretations, but I think the better translation would be "Speaking of April, that lie you told..." would best describe what I think the writer wanted to say. "Wa" is a subject marker, and that means something much, much different than using a temporal marker like "ni".

Ahh thanks. At first particles seemed like they all had their simple uses but then as you learn more and see more examples they get more and more confusing x.x I would have said straight away that if there's a wa instead of a ni you're talking about the month, not something -in- the month, but I guess not x.x

For those saying that it's a ripoff of Nodome, having read the shigatsu manga up to date and watched a bit of that show ... they really aren't the same at all.
Oct 21, 2014 9:41 AM

Jun 2008
AlexTheRiot said:
I'ts weird, I'm liking the direction with the musical side of the show, but I'm not sold on the direction everywhere else. It creates a really nice atmosphere at times, but as a whole I don't think it flows that well. Like the "it was like a movie" scene, they created this really uneasy atmosphere but nothing really justified it. I don't know what's going on with her arm shaking(Parkinson's?), but even if that was something serious and not just a show of how nervous she was after performing, I don't think the atmosphere there needed to be quite so uneasy.

I think you misunderstood. The atmosphere wasn't heavy. The atmosphere was just movie like to the eyes of the protagonist.
Also her shaking hand was just her adrenaline after the performance and her anxiety about his opinions. She seems very much to care if her music touches people and i get the feeling that she knows he is someone with knowledge and music ability so she cared what he was going to say. That even makes me suspect she actually set the whole thing up because she wanted to approach him and not his friend.
Oct 21, 2014 9:51 AM

Jun 2008
xchee said:
"It's only natural for the girl you're crushing on to be in love with someone else."

Aha...does that mean what I think it means, Watari? He pretty much told Kousei he's cool with him crushing on Kaori so it seems he sees her as just another cute girl who's into him.

*enter Tsubaki*

The pretty boy talked about unrequited love. Ah...now I know where this is going.

That was my feeling too. What if his talking about himself. And who seems to be the single girl that doesn't have her eyes on him but to another. Tsubaki of course.
Oct 21, 2014 12:15 PM

Apr 2013
Kaori's Performance was great!
Oct 21, 2014 4:54 PM
Sep 2013
He seems to be more in love with the way she plays music than with her personality. Guess we'll see. And what's with the "you'll be his substitute" crap anyways, there's gotta be a deeper meaning behind that other than just her whim or fickleness.

Judging by what that Watari guy said to him and going by typical pairing patterns, Watari is probably in love with the childhood friend but feels she is more interested with the MC. He's probably dating all these girls but is not serious about any of them cuz the girl he really likes is the childhood friend; you know, one of the typical annoying shoujo male character. The only girl he's interested in is the one who acts like she's repulsed by him being a player and all that. I would say I wish he would stop playing those girls but its more their fault than it is his.
Oct 21, 2014 9:00 PM

Jun 2014
This show is so beautiful. I love how much effort is put into it. I will DEFINITELY support it if aniplex brings DVDS it over.
Let’s say you drink too much strawberry milk, and have to use the bathroom in the middle of the night. You don’t want to get up, but the urge to urinate is just too strong! You run to the bathroom, stand in front of the toilet, and let loose! You think that all your life has led to this moment! YOU'RE STILL IN BED! That feeling of lukewarm wetness spreads! But you can’t stop! THAT’S THE TRUTH OF THE STRAWBERRY MILK! DO YOU GET IT? ~ Gintoki
An unforeseen situation... An unexpected turn of events... In the face of those, you too will face your true self. — Makishima Shougo
Oct 22, 2014 8:16 AM

Jul 2008
Oh yes! a very relaxing episode and I just love it :D
Oct 22, 2014 3:38 PM

Feb 2008
Not impressed at all, this episode just played out entirely like I expected, this series feels like a cliched predictable love square where the blond girl is just simply going to help overcome the MC his trauma and most likely end up with him. The only thing I can hope, is that it at least gets told in such an enjoyable way and or has some surprises that it saves the series for me, but if this turns into a tedious love square,
Oct 23, 2014 3:37 AM

Jun 2014
Whee... The animation is an upgrade from Nodame Cantabile- Hold on, the premise is the nearly the same as Nodame Cantabile! Kaori is Nodame because of her eccentric performance, and Kousei is Chiaki because of the trauma. Coincidence much? Liked it.

Edit: Can I say the narration plays out like Honey & Clover? This, I dig.
Oct 23, 2014 5:44 AM

Sep 2009
so kaori is really interested in watari o:
kind of feel bad for her that he is such a playboy but who cares in the end she will end up with arima for sure

Oct 23, 2014 7:32 PM

Jun 2013
Very nice performance of Beethoven's Sonata No. 9. I especially loved the animation during Kaori's performance.

I watched this late at night, first thing I thought after watching this was "I'm going to spend the entire day tomorrow (after school) playing piano and violin." I did exactly what I thought the night I watched this. I hope to be able to play a piece like that without a single mistake one day.
Oct 23, 2014 9:43 PM

Dec 2011

Wtf is this seriously
Oct 24, 2014 12:04 AM
Aug 2011
^lol dat face

the performance was lovely
Oct 24, 2014 11:11 AM

Jul 2009
Her performance was amazing!
Oct 24, 2014 1:18 PM

Aug 2013
Really enjoyed this episode. Kaori's performance was awesome, and she looked so beautiful.
Loved how Arima noticed how nervous she was and changed his answer accordingly. Atta boy!
The background music in this anime is pretty much perfect. Will eagerly wait for the OST to come out.
Looking forward to the next episode 5/5
Oct 27, 2014 4:28 AM

Sep 2008
That was really good.

The comedy is annoying, though. It really breaks the tension in a bad way.
Oct 27, 2014 3:43 PM

Oct 2013
O_O this anime!!!
amazing so far Hope there relationship will build more!!
that competition was the best XD!!
more PLEASE
[/quote]
Oct 31, 2014 7:53 AM

Oct 2013
Performance gave me goosebumps! That's rare :D
Background music is perfect.
So far I really like Arima, smart and nice guy, just a little gloomy :)
Oct 31, 2014 9:52 AM

Oct 2014
Gerdu said:
Performance gave me goosebumps! That's rare :D
Background music is perfect.
So far I really like Arima, smart and nice guy, just a little gloomy :)

Yup, he really is very gloomy.

;)
HOW TO SAVE ANIME IN THREE SIMPLE STEPS

1. To have Mars of Destruction, Skelter Heaven, and Pupa properly adapted in TV series form by Madhouse
  2. To have Inferno Cop properly adapted in TV series form by Bones, director: Urobuchi Gen
  3. An anime crossover of Mushishi x ARIA x Haibane Renmei.

Should even one of the above conditions cannot be done, anime is still at risk.
Nov 5, 2014 10:03 AM

Dec 2013
Another awesome episode, this is gonna be the best after Mushishi probably. The playing was nice.
Nov 9, 2014 11:11 AM

Oct 2012
This had to be one of the most memorable anime episdoes of late... the animation, the feels,... the concert!
Everything was so top notch and the interaction between chracters was great!

I like Kaori, she has very interesting character. And somehow I think she knows MC. Somehow. I dunno, I bet HE was maybe the reason she started playing violin...
Poor Tsubaki, she is destined to be the girl next door even she possibly loves MC. And Watari loves her, that's why he said that sentence about 'the crush not loving man back' during his conversation with Kousei in music room. Well, this will sure be complicated.
Nov 14, 2014 1:26 PM

Dec 2008
She's going to appoint Arima as a substitute for Watari even though she just had a screaming fit because she regarded him as a sexually harassing pervert? I think Miyazono is into that kind of freaky stuff.

Sent with Mal Updater
Nov 17, 2014 8:49 PM

Apr 2011
The debacle with Kaori interpretation of the piece reminds me of the Bernstein and Gould controversy on the Brahmes Piano Cocnerto No. 1.
Nov 18, 2014 12:42 PM

Mar 2013
As an ex-violin player, this episode made me squeal like a little girl. I loved how Kaori improvised the piece to her liking. Damn, Kousei is so lucky Kaori didn't place him in the friendzone.
Dec 18, 2014 7:42 PM
Dec 26, 2014 2:18 AM

Oct 2014
lserr said:
an awsome mix of toradora meets nodame. I love this show
"Having someone saying you're okay as you are and being needed by that person... It was nice to have someone like that..." — Taiga Aisaka
Jan 4, 2015 7:53 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
The judge was very pissed off because Kaori didn't follow rules and was all over the place during the performance.

However, the fans gave a huge cheering ovation to Kaori.

Watari the player, getting all the girls lol.

Jan 6, 2015 1:31 PM

Jan 2014
Most classy product placement I've ever seen, in anime or elsewhere. Well played Steinway,.. well played!

On topic, I do hope we'll keep getting new (musical) pieces every episode, because for me it's a major part as to what makes this series so appealing.

hantere said:
The love triangle is already underway it seems.

Lol, what triangle? I can only discern two lines and a projection.
"I'm a middle schooler bartender!"
- Mishima Hitomi
Jan 9, 2015 9:36 PM

Aug 2012
*sigh* Just another same old romance anime......
Jan 11, 2015 9:05 PM

Apr 2011
A great episode.

The comedy and humor maybe felt force, but I found it a nice relief from the heavy feeling that I feel.

That basketball scene of Arimia was hilarious.
Jan 25, 2015 8:37 AM

Dec 2014
Ok its official ... The anime is much better than the manga :D Lets hope they follow different endings ... So we can have both the happy and bittersweet version (._.)
There’s no hope on the battlefield.
It has nothing but unspeakable despair.
Just a crime we call victory, paid for by the pain of the defeated.
Yet humanity has never recognized this truth.
And the reason for that is, in every era,
a dazzling hero has blinded people with their legends and prevented them from seeing the evil of bloodshed.
The true nature of humanity has not advanced a step beyond the Stone Age!
Jan 30, 2015 3:19 PM

Jul 2008
The performance was amazing.

But everything else is kind of hard to watch. The "deep" conversations between the characters about love and the inner thoughts of the main guy are so dumb.
Feb 3, 2015 1:02 PM

Jan 2015
Wow! Just an all around great episode.
Feb 7, 2015 8:43 PM

Nov 2014
feels overrated

Feb 12, 2015 9:57 PM

Jul 2012
I kept getting goosebumps throughout her performance. I love the poetic lines in this series. And the directing is very unique. Only two episodes in and I absolutely love this anime. I can see this breaking into my list of favorites at this rate.
Feb 20, 2015 8:41 AM
Feb 2015
I really like characters. But I don't know how they are going to fill 22 episodes... Probably after first episodes it will get boring, but I hope it won't.

Her performance was amazing. She looks like a freaky girl, which makes a good character in my opinion. This anime will be colourful!
Feb 23, 2015 10:09 AM

Jan 2013
This anime is so fucking overrated
Feb 23, 2015 5:13 PM

Nov 2014
This anime is cute, not sure if I love it yet though
Hi there
Mar 3, 2015 4:05 AM

Jun 2011
Somewhat disappointing episode after the first one, it didn't went as well as I envisioned it. The comedy was cute, but it killed that moment at the end. It still feels really good to watch.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Mar 19, 2015 12:08 PM

Mar 2012
That reaction at the end xD

Well it seems Watari is probably in love with Tsubaki but knows that she's in love with Kousei which is why he plays around with other girls to distract himself. Shit just turned into a love square lol.
Mar 21, 2015 10:45 AM

Jul 2014
that was good.
Mar 23, 2015 5:57 AM

Dec 2012
Kaori's performance was so passionate, that was amazing to watch. I wonder if that was what she wanted to reach the audience, because it sure reached me. I like the poetic dialogue, it really goes well with the already lovely art. "You exist in spring." Oh man, I'm all in for this one now.
Mar 28, 2015 6:18 AM

Dec 2013
performance was solid, the inner thoughts scenes in this anime is strong, and the last part got me shivering for more.
Mar 29, 2015 4:50 AM

Aug 2013
Nice competition.. was locked onto the screen. So pretty.
Apr 2, 2015 6:08 AM
May 2012
Well, that was really great. I mean, fuck me but I tried learning the violin by myself. I stopped, but maybe I'll pick it up again someday.
Her hands were shaking :O It's nice that Watari knows that Arima likes her.
Substitute?? Fuck that shit!!
Apr 18, 2015 11:54 AM

May 2012
Very lovely development, I really like where this is going!
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2014

331 by RickHatake »»
Apr 23, 7:07 PM

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 8, 2015

243 by Miyakirauhciyama »»
Apr 23, 4:46 AM

» Let me share my experience to re-watching it again

GuyWithoutFear - Apr 13

1 by falko92 »»
Apr 20, 5:27 PM

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 5, 2015

295 by kyledluffy »»
Apr 16, 11:18 PM

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2015

1174 by LordArmandtrox »»
Apr 16, 9:07 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.