Forum Settings
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 6, 2014 5:22 PM
Mar 2012
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Beginning of the volume showcases a delusion involving Sinon, the whisper "Your soul will be so sweet." was pretty creepy. Looking forward to the introduction of Vector this volume. Veggie Kirito takes the side character role this time whereas the Integrity Knights are the main focus.
-Karoshi-Oct 6, 2014 5:26 PM
Oct 6, 2014 5:55 PM

Jul 2013
I just catch up with Alicization Arc [basically Volumes 9 to 14], it took me some time but I gotta admit that I was pleasantly surprised by these chapters. I just found myself asking if it was really the same show I knew back with Aincrad and Alfheim first arcs.

I appreciate the difference of tone used in this arc compared to the original premise of Sword Art Online. Even if they deal with globally the same themes, I loved how they took ideas such as virtual world, accelerated senses, memories, and artificial intelligence this far. I never thought I would find myself that interested in the SAO universe.

Like some people said and, as a non-LN reader till now, it was quite hard to bear the long long long fights toward the end but I guess it improved my English reading. :D
Combat seems to take a huge part from now on til the end of Alicization though.

The ending of V14 was outstanding mainly because I guess it leaves us unable to predict the next events for Kirito or the real world. With such addressed ideas and themes, I think the possibilities are endless. I am not a fan of Kirito's memories being erased but it should lead to some interesting events with him being unable to do a thing. [for once] I expect Alice or even Kirito's friends to play a huge part in this critical situation.

I love Alice character. Eugeo was great.

Tonikaku, I cannot wait to read [color=green]Volume 15[/color]. The beginning seems interesting as it recalls the events of Bullet of Bullets 4 but this time, not from Sinon's perspective.

My only wish for now is to see this story on screen with a third and fourth season of Sword Art Online TV. I will enjoy for now, Caliber and Rosario.

Off topic: I was trapped for several minutes into LastChapter signature link. :I
VeryNicePersonNov 7, 2014 8:10 PM
Oct 7, 2014 9:17 AM

Mar 2014
I still gotta' read a ton before I get to volume 15 but I'll do it!!

^VeryNicePerson that signature is dangerous you could get trapped forever.
"Did you really think I wouldn’t cheat just because I was already winning?" - Dread Emperor Terribilis II

"I chose glory and success. The box did not contain what was written on the lid." - Sand dan Glokta
Oct 8, 2014 8:27 AM

Aug 2014
Good start, though to be honest, I am hoping Kawahara changes a few things from the WN's that left me thinking "eh.", especially towards the end. Well, I'll find out I guess.
Oct 9, 2014 2:04 AM

Aug 2010
Quite the creepy start :O
Nov 17, 2014 3:13 AM

Jul 2013
Tap just updated his work on Alicization Invading. Mostly focused on Gabriel's character, we learn how and why he became obsessed with the VR technology.

Interesting but insane character.

The second part makes a link with the last event of Alicization Uniting.

Spoilers regarding future LN/Web Novels plot.

[spoiler][spoiler]
Nov 17, 2014 5:23 AM

Feb 2009
VeryNicePerson said:

Nov 18, 2014 4:05 AM

Jul 2013
belatkuro said:
VeryNicePerson said:

Thanks for the input. I may have undervalued the length of Inviding. Has Reki announced on which LN he plans to end Sword Art Online with ?
Nov 18, 2014 5:25 AM
Oct 2014
Thank you. And yeah the moar the better but this is starting to make no sense like in how many games is this kid going to get trapped I would have a trauma with videogames at this point

Mod Edit: Removed quote of deleted post.
julyanDec 2, 2014 2:27 AM
Nov 18, 2014 5:38 AM
Oct 2014
neilviosuy said:
Jarkzy said:

Thank you. And yeah the moar the better but this is starting to make no sense like in how many games is this kid going to get trapped I would have a trauma with videogames at this point

Well technically it is still his second time. Aincrad then Alicization.

Look on the bright side. He now has a harem of if own.

Anyways it seems like this may be the last one since its getting really long and with all that USA mechatronics school and Asuna going with him there. I really do think that after he comes out of Alicization we are going to have the final happy ending of the story.
Nov 18, 2014 5:52 AM
Oct 2014
neilviosuy said:
Jarkzy said:

Anyways it seems like this may be the last one since its getting really long and with all that USA mechatronics school and Asuna going with him there. I really do think that after he comes out of Alicization we are going to have the final happy ending of the story.

Yep, this is probably the last time Kirito gets trapped since a third time would just be stupid.

If it means the end I'd rather have Kirito stay trapped in the VR world with Alice so that the LN won't stop coming. Haha

I really cant imagine Kirito going out with Alice haha He better stays with Asuna xD
Nov 18, 2014 5:58 AM
Oct 2014
neilviosuy said:
Jarkzy said:

I really cant imagine Kirito going out with Alice haha He better stays with Asuna xD

But but.. in the Anime World the Cute Strong Blonde Tsundere is always the best girl for the main character. Haha
[/spoiler]

You pretty much described Asuna when she met Kirito, just change the hair color xD

Mod Edit: Modified quote tower; please spoiler or remove old quotes.
julyanDec 2, 2014 2:30 AM
Nov 18, 2014 6:28 AM

Aug 2010
I'm actually liking Gabriel quite a lot. That was some good revelation to his character.

What a f***ed up video his dad showed him when he was a kid though :O XD
Dec 2, 2014 2:33 AM

Aug 2012
Thread Cleaned.

This is a thread dedicated for Volume 15's discussion and not about the general issues and thoughts various people have for the Alicization arc (or the Human World arc at least). This is also not a place to ask questions regarding things in the overall story. Instead, you can make a new thread to cater to your query. By doing so, this thread (or any other Volume Discussion thread) won't be filled by posts totally unrelated to the volume.

And refrain from posting links and discussions about the translator/s. Posting/requesting links to copyrighted, non-fair use material (see the Site & Forum Guidelines, I.1.) is not allowed. This includes, but is not limited to asking for direct downloads (mediafire etc.), torrents, anime streaming sites, manga reading sites, youtube videos to full episodes. You may be given a warning/ban for not following this guideline.
Feb 15, 2015 2:28 PM

Jan 2014
Finished volume 15 today. The parts involving Dark Territories felt really bland but overall it's one of the best volumes which shows that SAO doesn't need an overpowered MC to be an entertaining story. Moreover I feel like Reki should drop the sword fest almost entirely (volumes 12-14 overabused the fighting theme to the point of my pure hate :D) and focus more on character development 'cause he is pretty good writer when he actually tries to do just that.
Jul 21, 2015 2:34 PM
Jul 2018
Another great volume of this magnificent arc, Alice became more likeable (to me) since she stopped being cocky and/or sarcastic, Ronye and Tieze both cried for what happened to Eugeo (but I'm sure that not as much as I did) and the next volume is going to be even better because
Gabriel seems to be a good vilain (in terms of quality) and damn the first chapter sure was creepy - Vol. score: 7/5.
removed-userJul 21, 2015 2:40 PM
Mar 6, 2017 1:04 AM
Observer

Nov 2007
Finally catching up to read volume 15 since the movie is right up the corner in NA. Yup, this volume was very good without Kirito/Kazuto. What is interesting is that all the characters developments in this volume are very interesting. We get to see Kirito's legacy on these characters and how they carried his motto without him around to drive the story.

The main part I liked about Alicization Arc so far is the journey about how Kirito breaks the status quo and brings change to the Underworld setting. I always personally liked historical or fantasy epics with "revolutionary" plot.

The story about the Dark Territory knight commander and female knight was quite sad but shows some interesting glimpse of life in the Dark Territories (pseudo-Mordor). The new psychopath antagonist Gabriel/Vector is just a bit too cringey to take seriously... since he literally "consumes" the soul of his victims.

Well, time for volume 16, expecting LOTR-style battle and Asuna revealing herself now.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?

More topics from this board

» Stuff that made you lower your score/rating? [Spoilers]

Kazu-chan-san - Feb 17

7 by RobertBobert »»
Feb 18, 10:26 AM

» Still feels rushed

Cneq - Nov 14, 2022

7 by Saynarra »»
Jan 19, 4:08 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Volume 4 Chapter 9 Discussion

Shadow_Strider - Dec 4, 2012

2 by eleonora_43 »»
Oct 14, 2023 4:23 AM

» Continue the LN after the last season

baltazak - Apr 5, 2023

2 by Anayan_Kashyap »»
Oct 13, 2023 2:52 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Chapter 2 Discussion

Kiba_Senpai - Nov 27, 2022

0 by Kiba_Senpai »»
Nov 27, 2022 4:20 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.