Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (18) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Sep 25, 2014 4:13 PM
Dec 2013
So... Lisa...
Was there really any point in her?
Overall, enjoyed the series
Sep 25, 2014 4:16 PM

Feb 2010
That was very bittersweet, but I loved this anime.

My final score: 10/10
Sep 25, 2014 4:16 PM
Jun 2013
Really solemn ending. Overall I was expecting a little more but still good. 7.5/10
Sep 25, 2014 4:22 PM
Jun 2013
why-so-qwerty said:
5/10 mainly because of plain and boring characters.
Hope this anime soon drops out from Top 200 because it sucks.

Yeah they were kinda bland to me. Almost all of them were a bit disappointing.
Sep 25, 2014 4:24 PM
Jun 2013
KiwiDivo said:
So... Lisa...

EXACTLY!!!!
Sep 25, 2014 4:28 PM

Nov 2011
animeguy17 said:
KiwiDivo said:
So... Lisa...

EXACTLY!!!!

Lisa had a very solid role and someone did anticipate it in the earlier episodes. She's the "normal" everyday character among the 3 savant syndrome kids. She's the one who reunites Twelve and Nine in the end and she's the one who keeps Twelve alive by being the only outside person that ever cared about him. He even thanks her for that.

But yea, it's not as obvious if you start up with the cliche thinking that shes just another generic character I guess.
Without Lisa in this, no matter how inconveniently human she is, none of it would have had the same meaning.
Sep 25, 2014 4:31 PM

Jun 2008
KiwiDivo said:
So... Lisa...
~
Like has already been said thousands of times...her "purpose" was to give more "feelings" to them and to tell the aftermath. Those who die...they are not forgotten because of the people who loved them and remember them.
That was Lisa's role: to know the "real persons" behind the terrorists....like no one knew before.
Say what you want but imo Lisa was not pointless at all. Her relationship with Twelve was adorable and it meant the world to him: he was thankful to have met her and be able to love someone before his iminent death.
Also the guys gave strenght to Lisa to keep on living and dealing with her problems. Lisa seems much stronger at the end, they gave her hope.
Without her they would have died anyway but they would have died less...happy. Even Nine acknowledged her at the end.
And now excuse me while I go cry in a corner ;___;
Awesome anime.

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Sep 25, 2014 4:37 PM
Sep 2014
Orulyon said:
KiwiDivo said:
So... Lisa...
~
Like has already been said thousands of times...her "purpose" was to give more "feelings" to them and to tell the aftermath. Those who die...they are not forgotten because of the people who loved them and remember them.
That was Lisa's role: to know the "real persons" behind the terrorists....like no one knew before.
Say what you want but imo Lisa was not pointless at all. Her relationship with Twelve was adorable and it meant the world to him: he was thankful to have met her and be able to love someone before his iminent death.
Also the guys gave strenght to Lisa to keep on living and dealing with her problems. Lisa seems much stronger at the end, they gave her hope.
Without her they would have died anyway but they would have died less...happy. Even Nine acknowledged her at the end.
Awesome anime.

Agree 100%

Lisa played a secondary role in an important part of the store

it was a fitting end. There wasn't any scenario that would have those 2 alive anyways
Sep 25, 2014 4:42 PM

Aug 2013
Orulyon said:
KiwiDivo said:
So... Lisa...
~
Awesome anime.

I feel the same way as you regarding Lisa. I was fond of her since the beginning and Twelve and Lisa was my OTP.
I don't see why people hate her that much, I think she's nice enough, full of emotions (fear, trying to be helpful, crying over her miserable life etc) and characterized as normal person. What else could I ask or expect from an anime of this genre? It perfectly fits the show - and in the end she also proved she somewhat changed Nine&Twelve lives.
Sep 25, 2014 4:48 PM

Oct 2013
Well the deaths of nine and twelve were expected.
Sep 25, 2014 4:52 PM

Apr 2014
That atomic bomb explosion is amazing. O__O

DAMN YOU AMERICAN GOVERNMENT! (>д<) How dare you shot Twelve like that! His death was horrible... .·´¯`(>▂<)´¯`·. I never seen Nine cried like that before. He must be very crushed that his only dear companion died right in front of his eyes.

This is the best anime I have ever watch in summer. The feels and the story is just so beautiful. I'm giving it 11/10 stars.
Sep 25, 2014 5:01 PM

Jan 2011
It could of been a masterpiece I feel. It had that potential. It was still very good but looking at the end message there was a lot of "?" throughout the series. I still really enjoyed it and the end made me feel for the characters to a certain degree. Pretty decent emotional rise since it's only 11 episodes. 8/10.
Sep 25, 2014 5:03 PM

Feb 2009
It's a shame that an anime with so much potential and such interesting subject matter had to fall into cliches and was too afraid to deal with its topic in a remotely realistic manner.

oh well, better luck next time, Watanabe.
Sep 25, 2014 5:08 PM

Apr 2011
This turned out to be a good show. 8/10
Glorious Titties Nuff Said!

Make America Great Again!
Sep 25, 2014 5:08 PM

Jan 2009
lol fuck america and their democracy and freedom
Sep 25, 2014 5:11 PM

Jul 2010
Didn't expect to see an atomic bomb explosion!

Sphinx having killed no one till the end with their bombs! Using the atomic bomb as a large EMP to destroy most of Japanese's electronic device! The radiation leave to space.

The explosion was a really beautiful scene though, quite the romantic scene actually even Twelve and Lisa held hands watching it!

Sphinx wanting to get caught after creating such a ruckus to get out what has happened secretly in the government! Sphinx expecting Shibazaki to find them.

Totally didn't expect the US government sending out helicopters and shot Twelve T.T Also without a regard on how it would affect Japan with a power plant explosion! Nine crying at the sight of Twelve's death ;_;
Nine dying after the side effects :(
The media learning the truth about Sphinx and Lisa as a changed person. A wonderful anime that was pretty unique!
Sep 25, 2014 5:20 PM

Jul 2010
I really liked it, it wasn't what I expected compared to the first 3 episodes and I think that adding Five was a bit of a downgrade, but I really liked the ending despite Nine and Twelve getting shot. I'm really glad we got to see that their story was uncovered and that people were aware of the horrible things that happened. I just wish people would understand that Five did have a good motive for being obsessed with Nine. She was interested in Nine because she obviously had feelings for him and because he was smarter than her, 2 points of interest many people seem to forget? But remeber that Five is not a "normal" human, she doesn't think or function like your average person. She, as well as Nine, Twelve and the other children, excell at "one thing" but that is compromised by their inability to communicate with other people. It's not wonder that she would approach her interest/fascination for Nine in an "abnormal" way.

Anyway I really enjoyed the serie and though I didn't care much for Lisa I am happy that she and Twelve were there for each other. The ending was, well, sadder than I had hoped but very fitting for the serie itself... I really appriciated the atomic bomb detoniating for real and throwing Japan in a situation where electronic devices will be harmed, I guess I'm just glad things worked out for Nine (and Twelve) in the end. Japan in a state without electronics... Almost like the situation just after the war... Almost as if they "reversed time" and erased the "good foundation for the country" their suffering created and start Japan "anew"...
Sep 25, 2014 5:31 PM

Jun 2014
The finale of the series ends with a blast, not really. I anticipated that both the protagonists would die, but I was really against it emotionally. Truly an amazing series.

The back story between nine and five should have been explained more.

When twelve got shot and nine broke down, I was expecting the Americans to shoot him to finish the series.

Sep 25, 2014 5:46 PM

Dec 2009
Wow, I really liked this series. I wish there was more to it but glad it wasn't loaded with filler all the same. I think I agree with others that it was near great but missing ... something.

7/10
Such junk...
Sep 25, 2014 5:47 PM
Oct 2013
;_______________________________________________________________________;

This show was great, it may have been going downhill sometimes, but this ending (and a few episodes that were an exception) just worth it.

This episode was amazing, the whole OST was great, the animation was amazing as usual and the plot turned out to be amazing, that ending was just perfect.. so why do i feel this emptiness?...

I will miss that show so much.. 8-9/10 for me~ Bye Bye Zankyou no Terror, hopefully we will meet again.
Sep 25, 2014 5:47 PM

Sep 2009
9/10. It could be perfect as a movie but in a series format some parts were a bit unnecessary.
Sep 25, 2014 5:49 PM

Jan 2011
Feel like this would of turned out a whole of a lot better if it was a 2 cour to flush everything out more.

still with the visuals and music and interesting early episodes i did enjoy Zankyou no Terror while it did have a decent amount of faults was fun to watch think it's safe to say it was among one of the better summer line ups

7/10 almost a 8
Sep 25, 2014 6:03 PM
Aug 2014
I felt like this series as a whole was really exciting and new to watch. The fact that nine and twelve starts off with small bombs and increase the magnitude at which the bomb explodes until the big one in order to force a mass media coverage of the incident that occurred in japan with children being used in experiments was a really interesting idea to set into motion. Overall I'd give this show a 9/10.
Sep 25, 2014 6:04 PM

Nov 2013
for such a mediocre anime, this was the best finally i could have possibly asked for. so good.

definitely bumps my rating up a bit
Sep 25, 2014 6:04 PM
Nov 2013
Te stratosphere explosion was so beautiful, and the soundtrack was perfect. Thank you based Yoko Kanno!
Nine and Twelve... My heart is broken. I'm glad that Lisa and Shibazaki are alive though, and the last scene with them talking was nice to see.
8/10. Definitely one of my favorites of the season, although I wish it was longer.
Sep 25, 2014 6:05 PM

Mar 2012
lol'd

1/10
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Sep 25, 2014 6:06 PM

May 2014
As people have said I loved the last ep too. True that it started with a good hype opening and went downhill, but the last ep. made it go higher again. Anyways, to have a such good plot with no manga reference is actually very good. I am really happy about that this anime (or Adlnoah zero) have no manga. I feel like would destroy the anime.

Overall, I will give it 8/9. True it were very good, but that's what it deserve from me.
Sep 25, 2014 6:09 PM

Nov 2013
ending sucked.
this had potential too
Sep 25, 2014 6:09 PM

Mar 2012
fuckin' murica though
LoneWolf said:
Sep 25, 2014 6:12 PM

May 2014
fuck 'murica desu :3
Sep 25, 2014 6:13 PM
Jun 2013
So all those planes in the sky crashed, right? Unless I'm missing something, they ended up being mass murderers anyway.

I'm glad both died. The ending seemed strange though. Them dying make sense, but the sequence felt off, I'm not sure why. Meh. 7/10 objectively, 8/10 in relation to anime in general.

May 2014
Josh- said:
fuckin' murica though

As fuckin' always.

Awesome ending doe. Watanabe must be chilling at his home, saying to himself: "well, I'd liked to see the faces of the fans while watching this episode"
Like properly enjoying himself while we struggle with the death of 9 and 12, right after we were mind-blown by that high-atlitude nuke explosion that actually, for once, managed to complete the MC's bad plan. It was totally beautiful.

10/10 to the OST though, absolutely amazing, prolly on par with Kids on the Slope (not the same, but the quality should be the same)

Oct 2013
POWERFUL ENDING. Damn, I was going to give this a 7/10, but there's no possible way I can after this finale. When Twelve was shot, I began crying and didn't stop until the credits were finished. Hahaha, I just finished Puella Magi Madoka Magica just before watching this, and I caught the feels in this episode I was expecting but failed to catch in PMMM.

I might rewatch this, as some elements seemed a bit confusing, likely due to the week delay between episodes and forgetting important details. Still, great series, and it just might end up being the best of the season, depending on how Barakamon finishes up and how AGK develops.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Sep 25, 2014 6:15 PM

Jul 2013
so the drug killed 9 in the end. i don't think it was a coincidence that 9 and 12 died moments after the other either. 9's reaction to 12's death was brilliant. i knew their deaths were coming but it still was powerful to watch.

the explosion scene was brilliant but i'm somewhat confused as to why 9 and 12 even detonated the atomic bomb. was it only so they could see the lights and get the attention of the government so that the truth behind the athena plan could be revealed? because if the wanted attention, they had it the moment they released their 1st video.

also, the US forces don't seem to be that bright. they thought that shibasaki would draw attention away from all the destruction the US gov caused japan with the athena plan reveal but shibasaki seems to be smarter than that.

this episode finally revealed the point of having lisa in the series. it was to create pathos.

even though i have quite a few issues with this show i really enjoyed watching it. it was brilliant in its entertainment imo

9/10
Sep 25, 2014 6:15 PM

May 2014
Vox_Populi said:
So all those planes in the sky crashed, right? Unless I'm missing something, they ended up being mass murderers anyway.

I'm glad both died. The ending seemed strange though. Them dying make sense, but the sequence felt off, I'm not sure why. Meh. 7/10 objectively, 8/10 in relation to anime in general.

Dude, did you watch the episode?? They said that by the time the nuke went off, probably 3 minutes before that, there where only 4 planes still in the air, which, by Story-telling standars (Deus Ex Machina if you want), should tell us that all the planes landed safefully.
Sep 25, 2014 6:17 PM

Mar 2012
If I was Shibazaki I'd be concerned that my daughter has such a comprehensive knowledge of nuclear weapons.
LoneWolf said:
Sep 25, 2014 6:18 PM
Dec 2012
8/10
Best thing was the OST and at some moments in the Episode I really got shivers down my spine. However, I think the series overall suffered of being rushed? It seemed like the amount of episodes wasn't enough to tell the story. Or it was badly timed. Like .. I wish we had had more background information about Nine and Twelve. It was kind of hard to build up a connection to them. And the romance came out of nowhere??? Also, my suspense of disbelieve was laaargely stretched through some of the episodes. :C

But overall this animu was great I enjoyed it alot. Also man the music I just can repeat it the music is beautiful so is the art and stuff. I wish the anime had been longer and slower though.
Sep 25, 2014 6:21 PM

Mar 2013
the anime had a great start, with its mystery style to it. Especially the characters were by far more interesting that way. Later on you find out they are acting in pretty much the same way every typical anime character does, plus the female lead is just another typical helpless girl only there to be saved and for fanservice. The ending was ok, i guess... i mean at least it got some consequence to it (even though that was pretty predictable, since the show established those 2 are going to die, but in anime its not allways so clear)

I could now nitpick all the scenes and storythings that made no sense to me but what is way more important to me is that this anime had no deeper meaning to it. It was just shallow "these are the good guys and these are the bad guys" storytelling without at least trying to create motivations for the scientist which experimented on these kids. I mean this one guy could have easily said "sometimes 20 little kids have to suffer so that millions can have a better live".. or something like that. That would give the audience something to think about. Its not that hard.

Without any deeper meaning the only thing interesting to watch would be the characters (or character interaction) or the action. I already explained why the characters are uninteresting and this anime surly wasnt action based, since it only had a few amount of them.

visuals and soundtrack where nice though, and it was quite entertaining to watch 5/10
Sep 25, 2014 6:26 PM
Jun 2013
lablackmamba said:
Vox_Populi said:

Dude, did you watch the episode?? They said that by the time the nuke went off, probably 3 minutes before that, there where only 4 planes still in the air, which, by Story-telling standars (Deus Ex Machina if you want), should tell us that all the planes landed safefully.

Yes I watched the episode.

I don't know what "Story-telling standars" are. But if it's not stated every plane has landed, and they give no implication, there's no logical reason to think so.
Sep 25, 2014 6:26 PM

Jul 2011
A genre with so much potential, great two main characters, interesting plot devices and setting, great animation and stunning music... Yet the execution was so poor. >__<

I knew the story was going downhill, but... it's been a while since I've been so disappointed in a series. What a waste of Yoko Kanno. OTL

Such a shame. The first episode instantly had it as my favorite of the season too. :/
Sep 25, 2014 6:28 PM

Dec 2013
I'm not sure that the writers really know how an atomic bomb affects people. Everybody's eardrums would become useless. Their retinas would of melted from looking at the blast and there's still the chance of atomic fallout hitting and giving everyone leukemia
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 25, 2014 6:46 PM

Jul 2009
Josh- said:
fuckin' murica though

As expected.

The conclusion was a bit poor and Five was a pain in the ass but in overall this show was great to watch.
Sep 25, 2014 6:48 PM

May 2012
This ep hurt soo much. Like wow. I cant stop thinking about it now.

orchidork said:
so the drug killed 9 in the end. i don't think it was a coincidence that 9 and 12 died moments after the other either. 9's reaction to 12's death was brilliant. i knew their deaths were coming but it still was powerful to watch.

the explosion scene was brilliant but i'm somewhat confused as to why 9 and 12 even detonated the atomic bomb. was it only so they could see the lights and get the attention of the government so that the truth behind the athena plan could be revealed? because if the wanted attention, they had it the moment they released their 1st video.

also, the US forces don't seem to be that bright. they thought that shibasaki would draw attention away from all the destruction the US gov caused japan with the athena plan reveal but shibasaki seems to be smarter than that.

this episode finally revealed the point of having lisa in the series. it was to create pathos.

even though i have quite a few issues with this show i really enjoyed watching it. it was brilliant in its entertainment imo

9/10

#agreed!

Though I think that all they wanted was to let people knew that they 'lived' and the videos just werent 'loud or powerful' enough to make that happen. Hence why the bomb was needed. It was explained all in the ending by Shibazaki when he spoke to them before the US showed up. The entire world was watching. Everyone knew that they lived. THAT was their goal.
""You think you're special? You're not. Everyone lies, everyone hides things...
Nobody makes it through this life being completely honest."
- Izaya

Sep 25, 2014 6:51 PM

Aug 2011
ZnT had great potential, but I feel like the show could've been so much more. I really liked the Sphinx vs Shibazaki dynamic during the beginning episodes. It felt like it started getting downhill after Five (and her horrible engrish) was introduced.

Needless to say, the production values (animation, directing, OST) was great and the premise while flawed from the start was interesting enough to make me watch every week.
Sep 25, 2014 7:18 PM

Sep 2013
I cannot give this a 10 because it has some issues, but overall this was an awesome ride.

The ending was tragic and beautiful at the same time.

Nine out of ten. (See what I did there? lol)
Sep 25, 2014 7:20 PM

Apr 2014
Kurini said:
I felt incredibly sad when Twelve was shot.

I would say this was a very beautiful artistic anime, a series I would enjoy rewatching.
^The OST was fantastic this ep:) I really enjoyed this series.
---------My Profile------------
Sep 25, 2014 7:24 PM

Sep 2011
Strong feels in the final ep...will give this a 7/10 for the ending.
Sep 25, 2014 7:26 PM

Nov 2012
I feel that this show had so much more potential to be something great if it had abandoned the superficial crime storyline and focused on somewhat more existential themes. The ending was beautiful though, along with most of the ost.
Sep 25, 2014 7:30 PM

Jul 2013
Niteshade said:
This ep hurt soo much. Like wow. I cant stop thinking about it now.

#agreed!

Though I think that all they wanted was to let people knew that they 'lived' and the videos just werent 'loud or powerful' enough to make that happen. Hence why the bomb was needed. It was explained all in the ending by Shibazaki when he spoke to them before the US showed up. The entire world was watching. Everyone knew that they lived. THAT was their goal.

whoa. okay. thanks a lot for explaining. it makes much more sense now. the fact that they lived was a great message to leave behind even though it was ironic considering that the drug was going to kill them anyway if the US troops hadn't got to them first (in the case of 12 of course)
Sep 25, 2014 7:33 PM

Sep 2007
As many have already (correctly) pointed out, this show was ultimately brought down by a combination of a weak middle part (remember the ridiculous airport chess match?), forgettable supporting characters (Lisa exists only to be a hostage and Five was nothing more than a stereotypical villain), and an utterly contrived and unsatisfying ending. Also, minus points for once again choosing to depict the USA as the Evil Empire.

I give this show a 6/10, and that is probably being too generous.
Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. --Lord Acton in a letter to Bishop Mandell Creighton, 1887

If this were a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of a lot easier...just as long as I'm the dictator. --George W. Bush, during his first trip to Washington as President-Elect, Washington, DC, Dec. 18, 2000
Pages (18) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Zankyou no Terror Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 14, 2014

380 by Yavicci »»
Apr 24, 10:59 AM

» Boring

egosumjohn - Aug 30, 2023

22 by Pain »»
Apr 21, 7:38 PM

Poll: » Zankyou no Terror Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 7, 2014

448 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 14, 2:43 PM

Poll: » Zankyou no Terror Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Naruleach - Jul 5, 2014

422 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 14, 2:24 PM

Poll: » Zankyou no Terror Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2014

379 by zerodths »»
Apr 5, 2:29 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.