Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 7 8 [9]
Dec 20, 2015 2:40 AM

Jan 2008
This had so much potential, but the execution was so bad. I'm torn between giving it a 4/10 or 5/10.
Jan 16, 2016 9:51 PM
Jul 2012
rodac said:
So in the end the only clear resolution that is shown is Hiro and Sachi, who are definitely shown as a couple (I'm not going to count Hiro's sister and her off-screen boyfriend). It's strongly hinted that Yuki and Yanagi are together, based on the reaction of the swim club as they run past and Hina's knowing smile--but it's not shown. As for Kakeru, the patch on the lawn where his tent used to stand suggests that he is off on tour with his mother although it is implied that he'll be back to watch the winter fireworks with Touko. I can tolerate ambiguous endings, but even for me there was just too much left hanging to be totally satisfied. It was pretty, the OST was marvelous, and if you worked really hard at it the ideas behind it were pretty engaging--but I wanted more closure damn it. (Later Edit: I didn't want to have to spend an hour going over it in my head to finally process and understand it--is probably what I meant.)

I think one of the keys to this episode were the conversations between Touko's parents, and also between Touko and her mother. We have the exchange about how her father proposed during the meteor shower, and soon after we're shown all three couples watching the meteor shower in separate locations. Touko's mother also talks about the "fragments of the future" and acknowledges that Touko is an adult (as does Kakeru's father to him in another conversation). The way her family left Touko in the care of Kakeru's also looked pretty much like a symbolic acknowledgement of their relationship ("Please take care of our daughter..." although not directly said was pretty much implied).

Back in the first episode we were given the foreshadowing that this would be the last summer that the original five friends would be together. That was true, as by the end of the summer things have changed forever--Hiro and Sachi go back to school as a couple, Yuki goes back alone as Yanagi rides the train to her modeling career, and Touko too is alone with her thoughts of Kakeru--the stranger who played a pivotal role in disrupting the comfortable world of childhood and moving them forward into adult relationships. This really was a slice of life, not in the sense we usually think of--cute girls doing cute things in a meaningless club after school--but in the sense of showing fragments of an important transition between two stages of their lives. It wasn't an easy show and it required a lot more effort than we normally have to expend to understand, but I think it was rewarding in the end.
You know it could also mean that Takeru was able to find his home and moved into the house with dad since at the very end she did hear him call Touko and she turned around.
Jan 16, 2016 10:04 PM
Jul 2012
9/10 I actually really like it--
I don't understand why everyone dislike it so much.
The art, music is 10/10.
Story was great as well, the first episode to the last episode are literally "future fragments"; foreshadowing made the episodes after it watchable. It's so simple that I guess people read so much into it. If I were to compare something like angel beats with a high rating to glasslip, I'd definitely say this ending was so much better..
Mar 4, 2016 9:59 PM
Mar 2016
It's absolutely terrible like what? The anime had a promising start but it all just went to confusing me and not explaining what the hell happened! Like can somebody even explain to me what the whole point they made this anime to make it as bad as this. I say 0/10 and 6/10 for the awesome artwork and design of the characters.
Sometimes the destruction of the world isn't people but the knowledge that once own can grasp.
Mar 25, 2016 2:43 AM

Dec 2012
wth i didn't expect this hates shit i was looking for glisslip ep 13 review and found this shit haters personally i enjoyed this series ( marathon this anime yesterday ) i didn't even get bored im just confused with the ending well all i can say now is fvck you very much haters 10/10 xp
Apr 21, 2016 8:36 AM
Mar 2012
anime4psp said:
wth i didn't expect this hates shit i was looking for glisslip ep 13 review and found this shit haters personally i enjoyed this series ( marathon this anime yesterday ) i didn't even get bored im just confused with the ending well all i can say now is fvck you very much haters 10/10 xp

Here's my fragmented summary + end interpretation (ymmv):
Hiro: "I'd prefer for us to meetup by chance again" (instead of set future, Hiro u so deep).
David: dad said he's grown man with own decisions as high schooler (suggests u can stop being mama's boy).
Yanagi vs David: she still won't believe most his words. He admits he hurt Touko, but still needs her.
Yanagi wisdom 1: not realizing (like dense Touko, or Yuki treating Yanagi as close couple w/o confession) is sometimes for the better (ie tacit understanding).
Yanagi wisdom 2: instinct tells her David will disappear (so intinct/imagination are equivalent to future fragments).
Touko: mom also sees fragments, but it's no future.
Touko x David: 2nd confirmation fragments are not future, but desires ("you wanted to see me"). So last time it was Touko who desired the kiss. Throwing glass beads to see meteors in fragment. Everyone sees it, guess doesn't matter if meteor partially seen thru clouds, or illusion.
Parents: "beautiful proposal" talk.
Touko: "Uwaaaaa~~" lol love every overreacting exclamation she makes, like a flutered chicken. Ya I find her more cute than annoying.
Yuki: philosopher talk. Jonathan's the adventurer (mirroring transfer student David who moves constantly). Mentioned reddit: Johnathan is noble friend of king David.
"oh u changed lol? Or nope?"
End: David calls Touko from behind, and snaps her out of her sparkly imagination staring at the sun. Implied he's coming to school, choosing girlfriend over mom.

Well, all 3 ships blossomed & ended well. With reshipping from Touko parents & Hiro's sis with unseen boyfriend.

Overall: I dropped at ep5, 2 years ago. Someone here convinced me it's good SOL, despite supernatural shit. So I rewatched from ep1, too long to recall squat. Yes can't believe I rewatched Glasslip. Looking for the next Mars of Destruction is like a hobby, so I took plot notes to bash it. Disappointed this was not bad, not even mediocre, or boring (try Lance Maques, Blade Soul, Shoujo tachi).
Beautiful art, animation & classical music aside, it was a fast-paced SOL/romance. Fast as in many events & relationship changes. Some dialogue seems like scriptwriter went drunk, but it gets back on track. Not many 1-cours start a love polygon conflict in ep1, confession in ep2, more confessions & conflicts, backstories, whole illusion episode, and end with 3+2 happy ships.
Other folks already mentioned, the plot mostly happens within the subtlety of daily life. The supernatural fragment is a storytelling device to express their changing emotions & relations. The execution's not great & arguably unnecessary, but gives some originality to the sol genre.
Similarly, Johnathan (best man) & chickens weren't necessary, but provide the philosophers vs outsider/adventurer analogy. Thematically crucial, especially for ep12. And he coaxed David to stay with Touko in the art room. Again supernaturally intelligent chicken wasn't needed, but is entertaining & moves their relationship forward.
Jul 15, 2016 2:24 AM
Jul 2016
For me it is 8/10 its just the ending that makes it worst for me NNA WILL NEVER REPLACE GLASSLIP TOO. The girl in glass slip is very pretty i dont care where the story go as long as there has romance and the appearance of the girl is nice Now ill compare see the difference of the girl in nagi no asukara and glasslip obviusly the girl in glasslip is more better and the best. Shut up hatters !!!!!!!
Jul 15, 2016 4:19 AM
Jul 2016
For me it is 100/10 ahahha I dont care about the story i only care of what the main girl look like. GLASSLIP WILL NEVER BE NNA. The character in NNA is all small i dont like it. It is very annoying NNA only have the nice story but i dont like the characters.
The girl in the Glasslip is the prettiest girl in anime. But only the last episode makes it worst. I am sure the the haters is a serious watcher that's why you dont feel those good feeling of kiss scene dont know how to watch harem ??? So you better shut up haters because you only look in the story you dont consider the main girl in glasslip look like !!!!!!!!!! Shut up 100000/10
Jul 21, 2016 8:26 AM

Jul 2014
Ik this anime has a bad....ending like ....it dosent rlly make much sense...but the songs r AWESOME!! especially the character songs ^_^
Aug 10, 2016 11:12 AM
Aug 2016
Spoiler if you haven't seen the series. I have three theories and what I think happened. theory 1 Touka and David both were not real in there perpective world. David was Touka imaginary friend in the real current world She was fearing that all her friends were leaving when they get older are wouldnt always be around plus with the creation of David a handsome man who comes and shows her new things but he is deciding if he should leave or not. After learning Yana has feelings for Yuki and Yuki confesses to her she decides that this fake David guy will be the man she falls in love with. she kept seeing bad things happen like the crows and the death of david because people were telling her he wasnt real. as for the second theory the Alt world is the real world Touka meets this guy named David and he shows her around she falls in love with the idea of him and wish she had his life so she creates a world where he just moved there and she always been there with the friends. She was lonely so she made all these events and thought hey it would be better if it was summer when they meet because that would be more romantic she then starts. He comes in and instead of doing something nice he does something mean and that gives her the biggest impact on her and he makes her feel things that she never felt also all the guys were in love with her and it pretty much her idea world but then she starts realizing that this shouldnt be and she should stop trying to run away so she tries to accept this world instead of creating a new one thats why you see her walking to school alone because she accepts ok I have to move forward as difficult as it is. Third theory David is Joanathan.Joanathan created a fake self. He made a version of himself where he was living with the famous family possibly to be closer with her. the reason why he was talking like does people like his name is because he didnt understand why people would give him that name. He questioned how she felt about the chickens being trapped because he didnt like being in a cage. It also would explain why John always guided Touka to David and David wanted to be near her. Touka always called John she was always looking after him so maybe he wanted to become like that with her but this caused a rift in the world knowing that this was hurting Touka John decided he had to go back to his original form thats why everybody was like are you leaving. the family knew david was John so they were asking if he wanted to go back being a chicken and at the end he goes back to being a chicken thats why the bracelet Touka made him was on the ground after he called her because he was a chicken again. What I think really happen through is David decided he wanted to stay there. He moved inside the house. because he wanted to eliminate the distant and wanted to be closer with everyone. The last part when Touka is going to school its important because this part is easily not notice but she sees a glitter right? well so she saw a fragment but usually when Touka sees them David has to be in the same vincenty and she doesnt hear anything in her visions. But she saw David and he then called to her. which would mean he didnt leave also evident that he didnt leave was the fact they never showed david but she clearly heard him behind her which never happens. They did something similar in shana season 2 last episode you didnt know who he chose but you see the girl turning around smiling showing oh he chose this girl. Well those are my theories and what I think happened
Aug 12, 2016 5:21 AM
Nov 2015
Phew! It's finally over.
3/5 for this episode - its just a normal ending nothing much happened nor any plot twist.
6/10 for the series - kinda slow pacing, not much interesting though the art and music great. Love Chopin(if i'm not mistaken.. LOL)! I miss Kousei from Shigatsu kimi no uso. :P
Aug 29, 2016 2:09 AM

May 2008
A show were the support characters are more fun to watch than the bland main characters. Everything is fine in this show except for the story and execution which somehow manage to turn this show into a big mess of nothing.
5/10 for this show for the boring story and bad exuection including the final ep without any conclusion.
Oct 16, 2016 11:06 AM

Jul 2014
I didn't think this show was that bad.

Don't get me wrong, it's still not good by any stretch of the imagination, but I honestly expected an offensively bad show, as opposed to one that was just boring.

I've seen way worse shows than this.

4/10
Oct 20, 2016 6:16 AM

Feb 2014
D-ohnuts said:
I didn't think this show was that bad.

Don't get me wrong, it's still not good by any stretch of the imagination, but I honestly expected an offensively bad show, as opposed to one that was just boring.

I've seen way worse shows than this.

4/10
Its all good to hate it, now go back to your vanilla anime and come back when you start to breathe art.
Oct 20, 2016 6:26 AM

Jul 2014
surfboard_ said:
Its all good to hate it, now go back to your vanilla anime and come back when you start to breathe art.

What are you replying to me for? I don't even hate this show, especially not compared to most other people on this thread.
Dec 14, 2016 4:03 PM
Dec 2016
I kinda enjoyed it??? But i cant really say much... cuz i didnt understand... like the whole anime... =~= i donno... but i liked the art and the nonexistent plot.... meh i'll give it a 4/10
Dec 14, 2016 4:20 PM
Dec 2016
One question, was sacchan lesbo?? Cuz like u know how yanagi was talking bout david-kun and sacchan said she hated david and yanagi stopped and asked if sacchan liked tokou... and also the confession that sacchan made to both hiro amd tokou... but dang, tokou is getting everybody's heart! Yukinari, kakeru and even sacchan!
Jan 30, 2017 10:27 AM
Oct 2016
Well,the anime was getting good at the beginning,i was giving it 7-8 but the end was realy suck,thats right thats its feel nice that everyone end with a couple but what about hero?!at the end they seperate!?so i ended giving it from 5-6,it will be cool if there will be an ova that show what will happened afer 1 or2 year like metting again,then i may give the anime and the ova 8 out of 10
OTAKU4EVER1000Feb 6, 2017 1:58 PM
Feb 20, 2017 3:31 PM

Oct 2008
This show does actually have a message even if it is too vague and open ended for the majority of anime viewers on here. I think they were trying to say that their visions are more like fears and things they want to happen in the future than what is literally going to happen but the characters believe it is what is going to happen, at first.

The 12th episode is really confusing because its Touko imagining how Kakeru feels coming to a new place and being ignored while she is listening to the piano but they don't explain that until the end of the episode so the whole time you are like "what is going on?" This anime is slow paced but it wasn't that boring, and the setting was pretty so that was alright.

You wonder if Kakeru stays or leaves in the end. It seems like he could have stayed because his mom is still there playing the piano and Touko hears his voice while walking but if he really stayed why didn't they show him?

I think the scenes of Kakeru talking to copies of himself were pretty weird but trying to show how when he thinks about things he talks to himself.

Actually the thing that annoyed me most in the last episode was the scene where they throw the glass beads in the air during the meteor shower. It seems a shame for her to throw those beads away in the woods after she spent time making them.

I enjoyed this alright though it wasn't a favorite but I do think it's better than the awful reviews make it out to be because it had a nice atmosphere if you can stand watching something without a lot of action.
May 13, 2017 2:04 AM
May 2017
It wasn't that horrible though I rate the whole anime 8/10. It's like Clannad After Story in terms of confusing the audience haha and kinda sci-fi illusionary/imaginary theme. I'm in the mood for silent, refreshing, summer break anime. It's nice. Correct tho that the anime's a whole bunch of nothing but that's how 'silent' it is. I want the whole "fragments of the future" thing explained tho.
May 25, 2017 12:38 PM
May 2017
Hello ,
we’re suppliers of various types of medical marijuana strains
We deliver very fast and 100 % discrete to ,USA ,Australia. Europe .
Asia and Canada.
sell at a moderate price rate and very discrete with out any complications.
Clients do not need a medical card to purchase from us alright cause
we are discreet. We sell also make medical prescription cards for
those in need of one . Cannabis oils good for cancer are also available

check my price list and place your order

AFGOOEY SATIVA: 1 oz = $200 1 pound =$1600
ACAPULCO GOLD: 1 oz = $195 1 pound $1800
ALIEN COUGH: 1 oz = $360 1 pound $2100
AK47 1oz =$295 1pound $1850
BLACKBERRY KUSH 1oz = $270 1pound =$1850
BLUE DREAM 1 oz =$330 1pound =$2000
BLUE BERRY YUM YUM 1oz =$300 1pound =$1900
BUBBA KUSH 1 oz = $240 1 pound $1800
BUD MIX 1oz = $240 1 pound $1800
CANDY JACK 1 oz = $360 1 pound $2100
FIRE O.G.1 oz = $300 1 pound= $1900
GIRL SCOUT COOKIES 1 oz = $300 1 pound =1900
GORILLA GRAPES 1 oz = $360 1 pound $2100
GRANDADDY PURPLE 1 oz =$330 1 pound $2000
GRAPEFRUIT KUSH 1 oz = $300 1 pound $2000
GREEN HOUSE COOKIES 1 oz = $300 1 pound = $2000
GREEN RIBBON 1 oz = $360 1pound = $2100
GREENCRACK 1 oz = $330 1 pound = $2000
HOLLYWOOD KUSH 1oz = $360 1 pound = $2100 .
INGRID 1 oz = $330 1 pound = $2100
JACK HERE 1 oz = $ 260 1 pound = $2000
JOLLY RANCHER 1 oz = $330 1 pound = $2000
KING HENRY OG 1 oz = $360 1 pound= $2100
MANGO 1 oz = $300 1 pound = $1800
NORTHEN LIGHTS 1 OZ =$330 & pOUND =2000
OD DADDY 1 oz = $210 1 pound= $1500
OG KUSH 1 oz = $300 1 pound = $1600
PINEAPPLE EXPRESS 1 oz =$360 1 pound = $2100
PLAT. BUBBA KUSH 1 oz = $300 1 pound = $1600
PLAT. PINK CREAM SODA 1 oz = $360 1 pound = $2100
PLATINUM COOKIES 1oz = $360 1 pound = $2100
PLATINUM OG KUSH 1 oz = $360 1 pound = $2100
PRESIDENTIAL PURPLE 1 oz = $360 1 pound = $2100
PURPLE BERRY 1 oz =$240 1 pound = $1400
PURPLE KUSH 1 oz = $300 1 pound = $2100
ROMULAN 1 oz = $270 1 pound = $1400
SUPER SOUR DIESEL 1 oz = $300 1 pound = $2100
THE WHITE 1 oz = $360 1 pound =$2100
WHITE WIDOW 1 oz = $330 1 pound = $1900

Many more other strains available just ask if not written at the above list.

Oils hash sell a gram 20
Wax ....30
shatter.....25
Cannabis oil ........4oz ......$280
cbd vape pens also available

More recommendations are available for pains just let me know so i can
help you ok
Alright check our price list and place an order for we have more other
strains available .

Delivery is very fast and assured
Min order is an oz
No signatures and best packaging methods , packs come in air tight
bags which are jar cured and vacuum sealed
Payment upfront via bet coins , Western union Or Money gram
Let me have your Confirmed order alright

Waiting for your quick response
May 31, 2017 2:29 AM
Dec 2016
KatoBytes said:
So, David left? Summer break is over, and thank god this anime is too.

My take:
I think Kakeru DID not leave, because at the end of the last episode, Touko heard Kakeru calling him. What she heard wasn't the future or whatever (Her ability is "SEE" not "HEAR" anyways). What she heard was the real Kakeru calling her. To explain the tent: Kakeru probably moved into the house because he finally found a place to call home.
So: Kakeru didn't leave with his mom and stayed with Touko :'D
Sep 5, 2017 12:00 PM
Sep 2017
I wish that someone would create a list of all the symbolism and metaphors...I need that like I need a game guide. Most of it was subtlety implied but others left me hanging in suspense where I'm guessing I read to much into it and nothing came of it... Or watching a scene that had that,"Oh this is a metaphor or important part!" And ending up just not getting it. I want to force myself to watch the behind the scenes for this series to give it a chance to elaborate on clustered plotline.
Oct 5, 2017 7:39 PM
Sep 2017
Worst anime ever. The ending might end well. If he only stay. But we dont know know maybe the writer wanted to make another season. For a huge come back.
Oct 13, 2017 8:20 PM

Nov 2013
I watched this a couple years ago, and I must say, this was the worst anime I have ever seen. In all my life this has been the only show/movie/etc. to have put me to sleep.
Oct 19, 2017 10:11 AM
Jul 2017
I am confusion, please PA exlprain, EXPREAIN FOR ME.

Lol, um i liked this series so far, but this ep just didn't make any sense to me at all, i am highly confuzed, i did not understand the ending and i feel the ending could have been much better and could have done a wrap up where you see everybody watching the fireworks together for example. But i guess there is a meaning to this ending which i don't understand sooo,

5.5/10
Okay story, Confuzing at times. -- bad/confuzing ending. -- Awesome art and music!
Kokoro Connect <3
Oct 24, 2017 4:51 PM
Dec 2012
Where's my slice of life, I was promised?
Jun 5, 2019 6:03 PM
Jan 2013
It's 2019 and I decided to watch it...

Hmm.... Psychological Trauma with a hint to Chunni? The two main characters were bouncing all around each other. The other four friends were at least easier to follow and resolved in a way I think we all expected.

Kakeru seemed to have plenty of imaginary friends to help him cope with the constant moving around, which made it difficult to build up any long-term friendships. That screwed him up that any time he felt like he was getting to comfortable somewhere, he'd go stir-crazy.

Touko is so dependent on her friends that if she was alone, she'd lose it. She'd never make it in the real world so she'd end up going stir-crazy if she didn't surround herself with these close enablers.

Way too cerebral, required too much analysis to put the pieces together (I had a lot of help of all of you who suffered it back in 2014...). Might be a good show for high-functioning autistics, sociopaths or hikikomoris.

One more anime marked off the list. :-P
Jun 16, 2019 5:49 PM
Jul 2018
I wish the show remained the OK time passer where nothing happens. When the future fragments got more focus and the side relationships got less was when I started to actively dislike it. And then this ending.

This could have been a 3/10 (Mediocre) but these last few episodes and especially this episode brought it down to a 1/10 (Bad).
Sep 23, 2019 5:37 PM

Sep 2014
I've come back 5 years later on the eve of the last episode airing to say I still hate it
Nov 15, 2019 9:57 PM

Nov 2009
Pompous shit right until the end. At least the animation wa pretty.
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Dec 12, 2019 1:17 AM
Jul 2019
They could've done better tbh.
Jan 18, 2020 2:59 AM

Feb 2018
Yeah it is stupid ending xD, who is Haru neechan boyfriend lol.
Apr 27, 2020 7:38 AM

Aug 2019
Yukiteru37 said:
I saw this guy give his analysis on this ep on reddit. what do you guys think? {Quote by soulelle}

{And quote by rodac}

i thought this cleared up ALOT. lol

Soulelle's "analysis" is garbage and cleared up nothing. Why was Glasslip a terrible anime? Because it didn't talk about what it said it would.

aiishi said:
I'm not sure if anyone posted this on MAL yet, but posting it anyways.

http://www.reddit.com/r/anime/comments/2hfo2a/spoilers_glasslip_episode_13_final_discussion/ckses23

The analysis made me reconsider the anime, but, like the people in the reddit forum said, the execution was very poor. Every episode was pain lol.

[EDIT]: I just noticed that the reddit links back to MAL (Not_Cake pointed it out actually). Wow, I feel like an idiot.

The analysis by Soulelle was even poorer than the anime. Pretentious, arrogant, filled with assumptions, and talking down to the reader, Soulelle offered nothing of value to the discussion at all. Just because she wrote a wall of text, that makes it automatically correct? I wish people would stop acting like Soulelle knew what she was saying about Glasslip, it's created a lot of misconceptions and if any thing, steers people even further from understanding what little of the anime that could be understood.
May 13, 2020 2:44 PM

Jul 2016
"My job here is done."
"But you didn't do anything."
*turns around with cape*

- This anime in a nutshell

I could see bits and pieces of what this anime wanted to do but I just can't see any sort of resolution. The main character hardly has much of a personality and its weird how he is suddenly the center of the world for our group of friends despite only having moved in very recently. The themes are muddled and difficult to follow since the anime doesn't expand on them much and there's so many sub-plots that never actually go anywhere. None of the relationships have a lot of chemistry either since the characters are never developed much. The anime just feels...weird. At least it's pretty.
Jun 26, 2020 9:33 PM

May 2015
Vindstot said:
Yup. I knew all along that Jonathan was named after an adventurer. A bizarre adventurer would probably be a precise way to put it.

My thoughts as I watched that part of the episode. My mind literally went to JJBA. xD

davinci12 said:
I don't think it's P.A works fault, more like the director behind it. Trash

Yes my thoughts exactly.
It's not like the director is bad or anything.

He has a mix of good series he's worked on and bad series that he's worked on.
If anything his work is average.
RandomcardcaptorJun 26, 2020 9:39 PM
Aug 13, 2020 11:54 AM
Jun 2020
Bro the people who is it's not good anime . I think they doesn't understand the concept of this anime.
Jan 22, 2021 12:12 AM

Dec 2012
Episode 12 is a wasted episode imo that alternate reality bullshit.
I think it's better if they ended at episode 11.
This anime is not that bad at all 6/10 for me

Dec 19, 2021 10:39 PM

Dec 2018
It's an okay slice of life anime for me...
I didn't get sleepy watching this but it's nothing special as well.

Maybe there are a little magic but it's more that Touko and Kakeru are just hallucinating too much... Those all are just what they are overthinking before that vision/sound appear.

PS Yanagi is a good character, but they ruin her for loving her own step brother....

Jan 3, 2022 2:26 AM
Apr 2020
I honestly liked this series from the start, but what happened in the past episodes? The story have gone all freakin mess and nonsense especially on the last 2 episode.. That plot twist is useless.

Now I understand why this series had a very low rate, even if it's a P.A Works anime. Even the ending was pretty rushed like the staffs run out of ideas of how will they end it and decided with trash ending just to end the anime.. 5/10.. First time rating a romance anime this low except ScHoOl dAyS. At least the animation was good
Dec 26, 2023 7:23 PM
Dec 2021
Ok anime. Hated the females in this, wanted to cut their heads off.
Feb 7, 4:25 PM

Aug 2014
Glasslip is the greatest slice-of-life anime ever made. It is also one of the greatest romance animes ever made.

Glasslip is truly a unique anime. Shame that the hype ruined it, thanks to those Nagi No Asukara fans who were always comparing Glasslip to Asukara (I wont make any comments regarding the Asukara anime, that is not what I am here for). Shame on those who shamed this anime.

Positives:

- It is truly a realistic anime with how the characters act with each other. It is very admirable the way the characters handled the situations in a mature way or a realistic way; You never see that in anime.

- I feel like I am watching real people in this anime (I have never witness that before in anime).

- OUTSTANDING VOICE ACTING

- This anime showed us how a group of circle of friends who have known each other for years can be easily broken if one of the three things are introduced: Someone new trying to enter the friend circle; A new person whos not in the circle of friends but is taking away attention from someone whos already in the circle; How romance among the group of friends in the circle with each other can make the circle of friends breakable.

- It shows us that taking a long term friendship relationship and turning that relationship into something romantic is a very difficult and complex things to do.

- Characters are not stuck in a school.

- Its my favorite setting = Being around the neighborhood.

- Even though I wasnt a fan of how they did David's personality, I do feel his pain of always being lonely due to having to move to a new city tons of times in his life, especially when everytime he is so close to getting a group of friends, that he no longer tries to make friends. I have been in his shoes and it is very relatable.

- There is outstanding character development in this anime for all the main characters. How they start of as friends; how they try to pursuit the person they like; how they actually confess in this anime; how the friend circle breaks; and how they all got back together in the end with everyone achieving their romance goals and the circle of friends getting back together again even stronger.

- Remember, this is the final care-free summer vacation (or any future care-free-vacation) of all these character's lives, and so they wont be spending too much time with each other anymore after this summer vacation ends, since they are now gonna focus on final exams, getting a job, graduating, entrance exams, and their next chapters in life. And these characters might not even have tons of contact with each other ever again after this summer, so all these characters had to make romantic progress during this summer AND THEY DID. They might get together during the Christmas holiday week, but thats only like a week or two weeks vacation and nothing long term. So this final care-free summer vacation is when they had to make things happen with their romance lives with each other AND THEY DID!!!

- Yanagi is such a high-quality woman. Yuki is very lucky to have a woman like her after him. I could watch TONS of episodes just following these two characters around and their romance situation along with being step-siblings. And I really liked how Hina became an important aspect in getting Yuki and Yanagi together.

Negatives:

- Some background music used in this anime can be annoying. Many people loved the majority of the background music, but I was not that much of a fan, to the point that I actually found it annoying.

- I never felt that romantic connection with Toko-David.

- In the later episodes starting on episode 10, the solo scenes between Toko-David did get dull, whether they were interacting romantically or interacting about the visions-hearings.

- Just a personal preference of mine, but I would have liked to see a kiss between the two stepsiblings (Yuki-Yanagi).

- Again with the stepsiblings, I would have like to see them interacting with each other with their parents in the house (Yanagi's dad and Yuki's mom). It would have added a very interesting aspect to the anime.

- We never saw Yukinaru and David make peace with each other after that episode 6, when they had the scuffle with each other. Both of them never saw each other again after this episode 6. David made peace with Sacchi and Yanagi, so it would have been nice to see David and Yukinari making peace after that episode 6. Hiro was always cool with David.

- Yanagi goes to a different school than all the other four main characters. It would have been nice seeing Yanagi with her school friends.

I really wish that now, almost 10 years since this anime ended in September 2014, that they can give us one more episode of Glasslip, mainly if the focus is on the stepsiblings, like it is in the light-novels.

Glasslip = You are one of the greatest animes ever created. You are one of the greatest romance animes ever created. You are the greatest slice-of-life anime ever created.

I have seen tons of animes in my life, specifically slice of life animes and romance animes since that is what Glasslip gets categorized as. And to this day, Glasslip is truly a breath of fresh air.

I applaud you, Glasslip.
oooo3333Mar 28, 2:51 AM
Pages (9) « First ... « 7 8 [9]

More topics from this board

» Can someone explain the end ?

Shomix - Dec 5, 2014

22 by oooo3333 »»
Apr 3, 12:09 AM

Poll: » Glasslip Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2014

179 by oooo3333 »»
May 18, 2023 2:25 PM

Poll: » Glasslip Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2014

211 by oooo3333 »»
May 16, 2023 2:52 PM

Poll: » Glasslip Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 31, 2014

153 by oooo3333 »»
May 16, 2023 1:12 PM

Poll: » Glasslip Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 14, 2014

343 by oooo3333 »»
May 16, 2023 1:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.