Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 26, 2014 11:55 PM

Sep 2013
bastek66 said:
Unfortunately it wouldn't be possible to adapt whole manga as satisfying story. Since it will never get a second season, here what happens in manga:

Whoever you are, thank you.
Sep 27, 2014 12:23 AM

Aug 2013
This show was called Majimoji Rurumo for a reason: Rurumo definitely carried the show :p

6/10.

bastek66 said:
Unfortunately it wouldn't be possible to adapt whole manga as satisfying story. Since it will never get a second season, here what happens in manga:

Wow that would've been awesome O__O
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Sep 27, 2014 10:41 AM

Jan 2011
I found it a very enjoyable show, but if it doesn't win the hearts (and wallets) of the Japanese audience it isn't likely to continue. Unfortunately once the source material is complete the big income stream will be from the sales of Blue Rays and DVD's since the publishers have no reason to kick in. While I liked the increasingly romantic content, the transition from comedy seemed a little clumsy at times--perhaps it was the animation style which really did seem more focused towards comedy.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Sep 27, 2014 2:49 PM

Dec 2013
This was a cute episode, mostly because of Ruru-san being so adorable, however I felt that as an ending this was terrible. There's no closure at all. He doesn't use the tickets, we don't know what happened with the inspection or if it was even important, they don't hook up, it just ends abruptly after another of the fun little outings they seem to do regularly.

I would love to have seen the rest of the manga be animated, or even an anime-original ending that would provide some closure.

Overall, this was a fun series. I enjoyed it's silliness, although a few of the gags did get pretty old pretty quick. Cliches and formulas aside, though, it was fun.
Odds are I'm not going to find my way back to a thread after my first post, it happens on occasion but not often. So, if I say something that offends you and you feel the need to force your opinion on me because obviously everyone should have your opinion or none at all, feel free to post it in the thread that I'll probably never see again. However, if you are interested in intelligent discourse, feel free to message me.
Sep 27, 2014 4:34 PM

May 2013
8/10 Overall, but last EP was underwhelming in comparion to EP 10.

Only a kiss could top it.
Sep 27, 2014 8:41 PM

Jan 2013
Ahh they held hands at the end.
I though he might have been in danger of permanently losing his memory of her if he didn't remember before the day changed
Sep 27, 2014 9:20 PM

May 2013
kickmesign said:
bastek66 said:
So the second manga is basically

I wish this got more seasons, instead of Yowamushi Pedal. I just can't give a fuck about competitive bicycling, and I've tried watching.

well it didnt go as I expected but yeah if only this part was adapted it would be better.
Tch.
Sep 27, 2014 11:21 PM

Dec 2010
Well this episode was more of a whimper than a bang, but it was still a really enjoyable series.

At first I thought about dropping it, even though I've never dropped an anime. But I stuck with it, and it ended up being one of the series that I ended up liking the most this season. Sure it has its fanservicey moments, but it does have a fair amount of heart as well.

I'm going to miss this, and now I'm on a quest to find the rest of the manga...

8/10
Sep 29, 2014 5:25 AM

Nov 2011
4/5

The anime had potential and it seemed that he could maintain a roaring trend, but the future was not so bright.
Too bad!
Narration fun, simple, but the plot is yet to give everything of himself. Here we need the second season.
Drawings and animations good, the work of JC Staff even with this series about witches was not bad.
Just because it is not the end of the story of Rurumo, I will vote as 6.5 / 10!

Shiba's mother is very funny, though! XD
Sep 29, 2014 11:41 AM
Aug 2014
I was hopping to see rurumo's smile like the opening in this last episode i'm so sad.
The 12 episode the first and last episode i dislike, i really dislike this episode except the end with Shiba and Rurumo together.
This anime was good except that ending

8/10
Sep 29, 2014 1:58 PM
Apr 2013
The very end of the episode struck me as suspicious, that part when he said "I'll always be with you", then the clock hand reaches 4...

I didn't like the memory loss plot, having already seen it in the Steins;Gate OVA and NGNL (also much better executed in those 2). Overall a solid watch, 7/10. Definitely a series I have looked forward to watching in the past weeks. I just love clumsy people in anime.
Sep 29, 2014 9:29 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
A sweet ending to a sweet show. I enjoyed the whole thing, it was cute, funny, and at times, even heartwarming. Some episodes were better than others, at worst they were "eh".

Rurumo herself was the most memorable part, honestly. I also loved Chiro, she was great too. 8/10.
Oct 5, 2014 9:06 AM

Dec 2013
Great show!
Hopefully they'll actually animate a second season
HESTIAAPPROVES
Oct 16, 2014 4:43 PM

May 2012
Good that that ending was still a rather good ending as I was afraid it would end with them never remembering her or something, but well it was still lovely!

The whole series was pretty decent, it had a cute atmosphere and a solid pacing all in all a good anime!
Oct 19, 2014 8:24 PM

Oct 2013
wtb season 2 PLEASE
Rurumo was to dam adorable i need more D:
[/quote]
Oct 22, 2014 1:20 PM

Jul 2012
That was a cute ending. For an ecchi comedy, it was kind of decent and enjoyable, although forgettable like most anime romances.

To be honest, I only checked this show out because it's written and drawn by Yowamushi Pedal's author. It's nowhere near as good as Yowapeda but still above average. 6/10

Also, I feel a bit cheated that this show is too short to get to the meat of the series. In the end, nothing changed since the start, other than our main couple growing closer with each other. Definitely would watch the season 2.
Oct 28, 2014 5:23 AM
May 2012
Pretty much average overall for me. Nothing worth remembering except the chemistry between Shiba and Rurumo because there was never a dull moment whenever I watch both of them. The ending was really sweet.

6/10
Oct 31, 2014 9:32 PM

Jan 2011
I liked this quite a bit.
Nov 10, 2014 10:51 PM

Nov 2012
I really wish I knew Japanese so I could read the manga. I could tell that it would be epic.
I believe that unless you know for sure that you don't like a concept, you should keep exploring it. Whether it be characteristics of people or a genre of some sort, you never know if you don't like it until you've seen quality work corresponding to that genre. Keep exploring until you've found something you enjoy, or something of quality. Then you know what's bad, what's good, and what isn't for you.
( ・ㅂ・)و ̑̑ Everyday life.
Dec 21, 2014 11:41 AM

Aug 2013
Well, that last episode was hanging in my library, it was about time I finished that show.

In overall, it was a cute ending. Rurumo in that yukata with the accessory was worth waiting :3
Awwwn, I'm gonna miss Rurumo and clumsiness :(
She was just too damn adorable.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Jan 16, 2015 3:02 AM

Jan 2012
decent show is decent

7.4/10
May 12, 2015 5:29 AM

Jan 2012
This was a pretty good series. Most of the character designs weren't great, it wasn't very original in many ways, but it had a tendency to give tender moments or episodes that consistently surprised me. Behind Shibaki's perverted exterior was a good kid who'd grieve over the loss of a kitten or work hard to rent a kimono for Rurumo. Rurumo was probably the best character, a lovable airhead. Watching her try and deliver a package to Shibaki far away gave her a much younger, more innocent impression. It seems fitting they'd give her an angelic voice. The hit or miss ratio on jokes wasn't great, and the fanservice was meh. Plus the main plot wasn't ever resolved, and the supporting cast was just okay, but I'm okay with giving this a generous 7/10.
Jul 13, 2015 10:32 AM

Nov 2011
what the fuck was that

where's the conclusion

what the fuck happens

bullshit

and what the fuck gives?????

DIS AS HOL APPEARED ONLY ONCE

AND SHE'S ON THE GODDAMN COVER OF THE SHOW
zetsu_shorenJul 13, 2015 11:50 AM
May 12, 2016 11:44 AM
May 2016
Any know the source of this characters of episode 12 ??
May 23, 2016 6:46 PM

Jun 2013
It was okay. There wasn't much of a story. But it wasn't that boring. Kota's character kept me interested for the most part. 6/10
May 31, 2016 4:06 PM

Mar 2014
better later than never hehe (I started to watch it when it was airing, but for unknowns reason I unconsciously "dropped" after the 8th episode, maybe there were alot anime to watch that time).

It was nice if u ignore Kouta's urge to do something perv. Maybe the story self is very short but the daily life of Rurumo is very worth to see, it have very good moments.

I really wanted to know what is next, I check to the translated manga one AND IT'S ONLY TRANSLATED UNTIL THE ANIME'S PART OH DAMNT IT!

Really it emphasizes the clock at 4 o clock on both formats (really means that it was near the time that Kouta would expend all his soul tickets and die).

But well like the anime self I would forget it and keep going :v

it was enjoyable no matter if they never gonna release a 2nd season
8/10
Jan 23, 2017 1:01 AM
Jun 2015
Hi, I knew its a reply after two years, but is there is not a fan translation after the anime ends, do you know if at least there is a English translation I could buy from?
May 13, 2018 1:37 PM

Apr 2013
So in the end they only forgot about her for one day, I thought that they could not make a sad ending after all.

This anime started off pretty mediocre, but got pretty good in the middle. Ending was okay I guess, overall an enjoyable ride. Police officer best girl. 7/10
Apr 3, 2019 2:46 PM
Mar 2018
This was a pretty tame and unsuspected ending. I thought they would've gone with him dying because of his last wishes, but I guess that would've been to much drama for this show (even though it probably would have upped the ratings). I wanted to give this an 8, but that fanservice of him always wanting to basically strip girls was just too forced and stupid for me. At least the ending was somewhat rewarding, with them showing a bit more affection for each other, which was nice. But I still will have to settle with a 7/10, rather a weak 7,5/10, but that's not possible here.
Aug 27, 2023 4:45 PM

Aug 2019
this was a fun show. rurumo is cute.
wonder what that clock hitting 4 at the end would mean. i know in japanese 4 is associated with death but i dont know.
i didnt read that guys manga spoiler so i might read the manga it self someday.
i should stop watching comedies in hopes of romance.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Majimoji Rurumo Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 17, 2014

41 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Aug 27, 2023 4:21 PM

Poll: » Majimoji Rurumo Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 10, 2014

35 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Aug 27, 2023 3:59 PM

Poll: » Majimoji Rurumo Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 3, 2014

39 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Aug 27, 2023 10:30 AM

Poll: » Majimoji Rurumo Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 27, 2014

45 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Aug 27, 2023 10:07 AM

Poll: » Majimoji Rurumo Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 20, 2014

36 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Aug 27, 2023 9:41 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.