Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Sep 28, 2014 6:53 AM
Jul 2018
I would go for...

Chimera Ant (10+/10) > Yorknew City (10+/10) >>> Heavens Arena (9.5/10) >> Hunter Exam (9/10) > Election (8.5/10) > Greed Island (8/10) > Zoldyck Family (8/10)

Even though Chimera Ant lacks a lot of the main characters, like my favourite Hisoka, it's just too damn good for all the development that happend. It is a bit too long, but there are episodes which are just pure masterpieces (116, 126, 131). Yorknew is just thrilling and complex all the time, but I have a problem with Kurapika, being my least favourite of the crew.
Sep 28, 2014 7:48 AM
Aug 2014
Chimera Ants . Because all things you need in a manga/anime is in this arc. Other arc may be good but it is the same with other anime/manga.
Sep 28, 2014 7:56 AM

Jan 2013
Hunter Exam arc: 9/10;
Zoldyck Family can't be considered an "arc";
Heaven's Arena arc: 8/10;
Yorknew City arc: 10/10;
Greed Island arc: 8/10;
Chimera Ant arc: 10/10;
13th Hunter Chairman Election arc: 8/10.

Can someone please tell me why everyone hates GI? I think the dodgeball match is one of the best parts of the anime... Yeah, it isn't absolutely near to the YC arc, but is such a shame everyone put it last or before the last...
Sep 28, 2014 8:34 AM

Jan 2010
Riccardo-kun said:
Hunter Exam arc: 9/10;
Zoldyck Family can't be considered an "arc";
Heaven's Arena arc: 8/10;
Yorknew City arc: 10/10;
Greed Island arc: 8/10;
Chimera Ant arc: 10/10;
13th Hunter Chairman Election arc: 8/10.

Can someone please tell me why everyone hates GI? I think the dodgeball match is one of the best parts of the anime... Yeah, it isn't absolutely near to the YC arc, but is such a shame everyone put it last or before the last...

Well, it's currently 3rd place in the poll so it's not too shabby. It just happens to be sandwiched between the two most popular arcs of the series by far and as a result it gets overshadowed.
I also think it's pretty good. Dodgeball and Genthru fight are some of the better action scenes of the show. However, the whole "game" and "training" aspect of the arc seems to put off some folks.
Sep 28, 2014 10:23 AM

Jan 2013
I can't choose between Yorkshin city or Chimera Ant, they're both really epic...
Sep 28, 2014 11:36 AM

Aug 2014
Yorknew Arc is the best for me. Chimera Ant is a very good arc and has way more awesome moments than Yorknew (116, 126, 131, 135) but it also made me drop the anime for about 8 months.
Sep 28, 2014 12:52 PM

Mar 2012
Cakedog said:

You don't get it.

Done. I'm done. Outta my face. Not going to bother anymore.
People warned me too. I didn't listen and that's what happens.
Moving on now.
DONE

You never got started.
You said you don't get it, that's not the show's fault.
End Zionazism
Sep 28, 2014 7:55 PM

Dec 2010
CA arc easily . its easy to write a thriller arc when you've got elements to make it unpredictable and exciting , but its far more difficult to grasp thematic exploration let alone combining everything so perfectly in one cohesive plot that can produce food for thought continuously !

the encounter of king and komugi over gungi itself is a beautiful idea ! its brilliant how togashi created a poetic metaphor out of the strongest and weakest being just playing a board game ! that's where the beauty and brilliance of CA arc comes into. and there's much more after it ....

hmm after CA , definitely yorkshin ... which am sure will be topped by DC arc. i have high hopes from it . so far its building up amazingly ! ... togashi is setting up all of his pawns and pieces perfectly for the upcoming mind games and thrillers ! in fact number of elements he has in his disposal to make this arc unpredictable is too much to comprehend . oh man ... i wish nanika could heal all the problems of togashi in one go !
headless_nickSep 28, 2014 7:59 PM
Sep 28, 2014 7:57 PM

Dec 2013
headless_nick said:
CA arc easily . its easy to write a thriller arc when you've got elements to make it unpredictable and exciting , but its far more difficult to grasp thematic exploration let alone combining everything so perfectly in one cohesive plot that can produce food for thought continuously !

the encounter of king and komugi over gungi itself is a beautiful idea ! its brilliant how togashi created a poetic metaphor out of the strongest and weakest being just playing a board game ! that's where the beauty and brilliance of CA arc comes into. and am sure theres tons of other stuffs going around .

hmm after CA , definitely yorkshin ... which am sure will be topped by DC arc. i have high hopes from it . so far its building up amazingly ! ... togashi is setting up all of his pawns and pieces perfectly for the upcoming mind games and thrillers ! in fact number of elements he has in his disposal to make this arc unpredictable is too much to comprehend . oh man ... i wish nanika could heal all the problems of togashi in one go !
My thoughts exactly
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Sep 28, 2014 9:15 PM

Dec 2013
Took said:
Yorkshin > Chairman Election > Chimera Ant > Hunter Exam > Heavens Arena > Greed Island > Zoldyck Family

I really like Chimera Ant arc, specially for Meruem and Komugi's relationship, but I found it way too long and I couldn't care less for almost all the new characters that were introduced. The filler-ish vibe that this arc gives off always bothered me too.

Also:
- no Hisoka
- no Kurapika
I agree with you. Chimera Ant may not be my favorite but Meruem and his character development was amazing. The training episodes, fodder villains, anthropomorphic animals, and like you said "filler-ish" vibe were what brought it down for me. I still do like the arc and I was being a little too harsh on it before. Yorknew City > Hunter Exam > Election > Heaven's Arena > Zoldyck > Chimera Ant > GI
Kuralchemist99Sep 28, 2014 9:18 PM
Sep 28, 2014 10:13 PM

Dec 2013
Kuralchemist99 said:
Took said:
Yorkshin > Chairman Election > Chimera Ant > Hunter Exam > Heavens Arena > Greed Island > Zoldyck Family

I really like Chimera Ant arc, specially for Meruem and Komugi's relationship, but I found it way too long and I couldn't care less for almost all the new characters that were introduced. The filler-ish vibe that this arc gives off always bothered me too.

Also:
- no Hisoka
- no Kurapika
I agree with you. Chimera Ant may not be my favorite but Meruem and his character development was amazing. The training episodes, fodder villains, anthropomorphic animals, and like you said "filler-ish" vibe were what brought it down for me. I still do like the arc and I was being a little too harsh on it before. Yorknew City > Hunter Exam > Election > Heaven's Arena > Zoldyck > Chimera Ant > GI

It's basically the cherry picker arc for some people.
Seeing only the good and not the bad.

Most everyone here knows what was obviously good about it, but then some act as if the bad was never there and only talk about the good.
Ok.

Sounds like some religions.
Step Into My Mind - ##&&##&&##&&
Sep 28, 2014 10:20 PM

Dec 2013
Cakedog said:
Kuralchemist99 said:

Most everyone here knows what was obviously good about it, but then some act as if the bad was never there and only talk about the good.
Ok.

Honestly could not have said it better myself. Thank you.
Sep 28, 2014 10:26 PM

Dec 2013
Kuralchemist99 said:
Cakedog said:

Ok.

Honestly could not have said it better myself. Thank you.

I didn't want to say it at first because "that sounds harsh/uninformed/you-just-don't-understand" or whatever, but based on what I've seen people post, it's most certainly true.

It's the conclusion I've come to, and I'm just going to leave it at that.
Sep 28, 2014 10:39 PM

Jun 2009
Just because you are a fan of something doesn't mean you can't have issues with it and even if you do have problems with something it doesn't mean they are the same or that they even have as much impact to you.

Using myself as an example, I was not big on the Gon/Knuckle training segments (mostly because I was a lot like Gon when Knuckle went over how his power work, ironically APR is one of my favorite nen abilities now) or some of the stuff in the 90's, particularly the Troupe mini-arc. Other than that, I thought the arc was pretty golden.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Sep 28, 2014 10:56 PM

Mar 2014
Cakedog said:

Ok.

I thought you were done with this. Hell, that's why I didn't reply to your post to me.

I personally enjoyed most of the arc, there wasn't much that I remember being bad. I actually really liked the narrator and I'm not the only one. The only issue I could find with the arc would have been pacing, which is easily forgivable for me. I think MrAM's post sums things up quite nicely.
Sep 28, 2014 10:58 PM

Mar 2012
I know people are butthurt that CA is winning, but to go as far as justifying it by twisting the facts "people just chose to ignore its flaws" is really petty.

Those "fillerish villains" weren't fillerish at all.

Rammot was more important plotwise than even Chrollo, because he helped with Kil's development,
People need to learn what filler/fodder means because it hardly applies for CA except for 2
moments, which lasted 2-3 minutes each.

insan3priest said:
Just because you are a fan of something doesn't mean you can't have issues with it and even if you do have problems with something it doesn't mean they are the same or that they even have as much impact to you.

Using myself as an example, I was not big on the Gon/Knuckle training segments (mostly because I was a lot like Gon when Knuckle went over how his power work, ironically APR is one of my favorite nen abilities now) or some of the stuff in the 90's, particularly the Troupe mini-arc. Other than that, I thought the arc was pretty golden.

And people don't have to force themselves to believe something they liked was a flaw just so people won't call them biased. Which many seem to be doing.

Many people found the arc to be flawless. To be 60+ episodes of great writing, and they loved every moment of it.
End Zionazism
Sep 28, 2014 11:38 PM

Mar 2012
jreginald said:
Cakedog said:

Ok.

I thought you were done with this. Hell, that's why I didn't reply to your post to me.

I personally enjoyed most of the arc, there wasn't much that I remember being bad. I actually really liked the narrator and I'm not the only one. The only issue I could find with the arc would have been pacing, which is easily forgivable for me. I think MrAM's post sums things up quite nicely.

The pacing was one of the highlights, I don't see how people could have a problem with it.
It's hard not to think that they consider action to be the only way of fast pace.
I don't know, maybe they just want to find flaws and call out pacing because some other guy also said it.

But then again that's how complaints about most things in this arcs sound like.
End Zionazism
Sep 28, 2014 11:44 PM
Aug 2011
^lol

Yorknew
Heaven's Arena
Hunter Exam
Greed Island
Chimera Ant
Chairman Election
Zoldyck Family
Sep 28, 2014 11:57 PM

Dec 2013
You can see the circle jerking in its natural habitat here, also followed by the native you-don't-get-it posting.

One is failing to realize no one's talking to them anymore, and another brings up popularity for some unknown reason.

Crikey mites.

In all seriousness though:
Just let people "hate on" certain (many) parts of the CA arc in their corner and let the other side jerk each other off about the perfection of the CA arc on their side.

Will ya?

Win/Win
CakedogSep 29, 2014 12:09 AM
Sep 29, 2014 12:16 AM

Mar 2014
Damn, people were right when they said vocal minority.

We're not even saying the arc is perfect. Talk about a lack of reading comprehension/straight up ignorance.
Sep 29, 2014 12:23 AM

Jun 2009
jreginald said:

We're not even saying the arc is perfect. Talk about a lack of reading comprehension/straight up ignorance.

I should have just taken the advice of the me from a few days ago and not even bothered.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Sep 29, 2014 12:48 AM

Jul 2014
Yorknew 10/10
Chimera ant 9.8/10
Hunter exam 9.4/10
GI 9/10

The rest 8/10

.-.
CrosxSep 29, 2014 12:53 AM
Sep 29, 2014 12:52 AM

Mar 2012
jreginald said:

I'm saying that it's perfect.
When an anime has no flaws, and has great writing all through, one can't help but call it that.
End Zionazism
Sep 29, 2014 12:59 AM

May 2014
jreginald said:

jreginald said:

If you can't accept why it has the highest votes then you really don't get it.

Narration wasn't pointless.

Isn't that contradictory? Genuine ignorance is one's failure to attempt at seeing things from another person's point of view. From what I can see, you're just getting upset because someone else disagrees with you.

If Cakedog, myself, or anyone else have any problems with the CAA, then who are you to say otherwise? Saying people "don't get it" is just you refusing to accept a different point of view. That's, typically, what people mean when they detrimentally say that others think the show is perfect. It's not that those people think the show itself is flawless, but rather that they choose not to accept the flaws others have with it.

Why does everything come down to right and wrong? Anime is a work of art; it can't be boiled down to such black and white terms. As a fellow fan, I understand what you like about the show that I personally don't, however, I don't think I should be scolded simply because I see things differently.
Sep 29, 2014 1:16 AM

Mar 2014
JordyJS said:
-snip-

Who was scolding you? I remember you from previous threads about the Chimera Ant Arc and I came to be fine with your opinions. I even remember very clearly that you weren't such a fan of the narration and I understand that. So please, stop trying to play victim here.

If you actually follow me around the forums, then you wouldn't come to the conclusion that I'm upset with someone that doesn't share my viewpoints. I've read a bunch of people talking down on the CA arc and I couldn't give a shit. What I have a problem with is people like Cakedog finding it so hard to understand why people actually like the arc. His first post made it seem like people who voted for the CA arc only liked it for the last few episodes, as if the beginnings weren't any good. Then now we've got him saying that we all think that the arc is perfect, which is far from true.

If anything, you're quoting the wrong person (see Mikasa). I stopped with "you don't get it" a page ago. Did you even read my whole post? C'mon, dude.
jreginaldSep 29, 2014 1:21 AM
Sep 29, 2014 1:35 AM

Mar 2012
JordyJS said:
jreginald said:

jreginald said:

If you can't accept why it has the highest votes then you really don't get it.

Narration wasn't pointless.

Isn't that contradictory? Genuine ignorance is one's failure to attempt at seeing things from another person's point of view. From what I can see, you're just getting upset because someone else disagrees with you.

If Cakedog, myself, or anyone else have any problems with the CAA, then who are you to say otherwise? Saying people "don't get it" is just you refusing to accept a different point of view. That's, typically, what people mean when they detrimentally say that others think the show is perfect. It's not that those people think the show itself is flawless, but rather that they choose not to accept the flaws others have with it.

Why does everything come down to right and wrong? Anime is a work of art; it can't be boiled down to such black and white terms. As a fellow fan, I understand what you like about the show that I personally don't, however, I don't think I should be scolded simply because I see things differently.

Do you even read?
That user explicitly stated "I don't get it"
And even went on about how he doesn't understand the layers, the thing that made us like the arc so much.

The post by the way was questioning why would people like this arc this much.
So don't try to victimize people with the whole "who are you to tell them what to like"
Especially when they said "people must be religiously into this arc, they mus realize it has a lot of bad parts but choose to ignore it"
"I didn't like this so if you don't at least acknowledge it as a flaw you are a circle-jerking fanboy"
So if anything, it's you people who ae attacking others for liking this arc (more than you did).
End Zionazism
Sep 29, 2014 1:37 AM

Mar 2014
Mikasa said:

Do you even read?
That user explicitly stated "I don't get it"
And even went on about how he doesn't understand the layers, the thing that made us like the arc so much.

The post by the way was questioning why would people like this arc this much.
So don't try to victimize people with the whole "who are you to tell them what to like"
Especially when they said "people must be religiously into this arc, they mus realize it has a lot of bad parts but choose to ignore it"
"I didn't like this so if you don't at least acknowledge it as a flaw you are a circle-jerking fanboy"
So if anything, it's you people who ae attacking others for liking this arc (more than you did).

I don't usually agree with him/her but this is exactly what I was trying to say, especially the bolded part.
Sep 29, 2014 1:43 AM

Jun 2014
Damn, I never thought I would have to do this but:

People have different opinions. Will people never be capable of understanding this? Or do they get it and just apply it when it suits them?

As far as I'm concerned, Chimera ant arc was much more than just Meruem and Komugi. There are so many things about the arc that I liked but I’m just going to talk about it’s psycology since I don’t have the time to expand an everything.
The ant arc had a psycological aspect which was unprecedented for me. Things like Shoot knowing that he should prevent Knuckle from saving his pride for the sake of the mission but ultimately realises he can't, Knuckle questionning why he helps Shoot who was not even his friend before and coming to the conclusion that anyone with whom you've faced death becomes an ally, Pouf's antics; questionning how a superior being like the ant king can care for an inferior human, disobeying his master for what he considers to be good for him, Youpi allowing Knuckle and Morel alive because he respects them as fellow fighters fighting to death for their convictions, Knov breaking down and questionning how Gon and Killua can still be willing to fight Pitou after feeling that immense aura from her, Netero being happy to fight Meruem which was basically his life dream, the fight he always seeked to have, Meruem not understanding why he cares so much about Komugi, his heart wavering between that of an ant and a human realising at the end that he was borne for that moment with Komugi, Meruem trying to intimidate Komugi by betting her arm which she denies by instead betting her life because the game is all that she has and loosing it will make her a burden for her family and she feels extremely happy when a suprior being like Meruem reproduces her technique Kokoricco because it feels like he ressurected her "baby", Ikalgo who always wanted to be a squid but Killua showing him a better path to his life; being a friend, Killua telling to both Palm and Ikalgo that they should never tell him thank you because they are friends and friends don’t thank each other from his perception of friendship, Gon telling to Killua how painful it is to be weak, questionning how Pitou can care for Komugi after all that she did to kite, Welfin saying to Ikalgo how good it feels to tell the truth and trust others since up until then he was always a paranoid and liar who wanted to be the king behind the scenes etc. Gon at the end of the fight with Pitou was actually the « looser » since he failed to save his friend while Pitou was the winner and died « happily » saying that « she is thankful that Gon attacked her instaed of the king »

The ant arc was basically a study of the human mind and how it works when placed in certain circumstances and was marvellously executed. All of these felt so « real » and « thought provoking » to me that I watched the ant arc as a work of art rather than just some mere show that I watch to kill time. There are several other positives to the ant arc principally the THEMES (human malice, Identity, Unconditional love ) as well as coherent plot and a nice setting with several symbolisms and allusions to the real world but I’m just too tired to expand on that. This was just to tell to some of you here that people don’t like an arc because they are robots or something.

Also, excuse me but saying that people like an arc because they overlook flaws is quite stupid. What is a flaw to someone maynot be a flaw to another. I personally enjoyed the narration because it enhanced my experience and made some scenes more powerful. The pacing was fine to me since a character centric arc like CA needs to be slower than a thriller like YN. You don’t pace a dialogue as fast as a fight and the director knows that. Almost nothing felt fillerish since everything had an impact on the plot moreso than YN ; Netero dies fighting Meruem which leads to an election where Gon finds his dad-the goal of the series-, Killua and Gon seperate due to the events of Gon Vs Pitou, Rammot causes Killua to free himself from his brother’s control,etc. Also, I believe that Yorknew also has flaws. For example, I didn’t like how Kurapika overpowered Uvo in YN. His ET made him have maximum efficiency in all the classes but did not increase his speed so I found it unnacceptable for him to be faster than Uvo or casually tanking big bang which explains why I didn’t enjoy that part as much as others. I understand that Togashi had to move the plot forward. However I don’t go around saying that those who prefer YN ignore this flaw simply because it is not a flaw to them and I expect the same common sense from them as well. I also consider the best of CA(85,95,108,112,116,126,131,135) to be better than the best of Yorknew(,52,56,58).

What is a flaw to you maybe a quality to another
Sep 29, 2014 1:50 AM

Sep 2013
Yorknew. The rest are meh.
Sep 29, 2014 1:51 AM
Sep 2014
So much cancer in one thread. I was enjoying the butthurt until Cakedog went apeshit and Mikasa went uber fanboy. Now my head hurts.
Sep 29, 2014 1:53 AM

Mar 2012
beefsteakken said:
So much cancer in one thread. I was enjoying the butthurt until Cakedog went apeshit and Mikasa went uber fanboy. Now my head hurts.

How so?
Liking an arc and genuinely finding no flaws in it isn't fanboying.
End Zionazism
Sep 29, 2014 2:26 AM
Sep 2014
Mikasa said:

Liking an arc and genuinely finding no flaws in it isn't fanboying.

Duh.
How so?

Rammot is not more important than Chrollo plot wise.
Pacing is not a highlight of the CA arc.
Many people find the CA arc near perfect but not flawless.
Sep 29, 2014 3:02 AM

Mar 2012
Yes he was
The pacing was unique and very exciting, and made time feel compressed, shows rarely do that at all, let alone to this extent
Well I find it more than near perfect, as in perfect.

So get over yourself.
End Zionazism
Sep 29, 2014 3:09 AM
Sep 2014
Mikasa said:
Yes he was
The pacing was unique and very exciting, and made time feel compressed, shows rarely do that at all, let alone to this extent

I won't even respond to that rofl.

Oh yea due. If you're talking about that I totally agree but to call pacing the highlight of the entire CA arc? Cmon bro, thats going overboard. I wouldn't even call pacing a highlight for any of the other arcs.

I don't have a prob with that. See my last post.
beefsteakkenSep 29, 2014 3:22 AM
Sep 29, 2014 3:39 AM

Mar 2012
beefsteakken said:
Mikasa said:
Yes he was

Oh yea due. If you're talking about that I totally agree but to call pacing the highlight of the entire CA arc? Cmon bro, thats going overboard. I wouldn't even call pacing a highlight for any of the other arcs.

And yet you did.
I don't really care what you think is overboard.
To us, it was a highlight, wheter you like it or not. Don't try to enforce your own thoughts.
End Zionazism
Sep 29, 2014 3:54 AM
Sep 2014
Mikasa said:
beefsteakken said:

And yet you did.
To us, it was a highlight, wheter you like it or not. Don't try to enforce your own thoughts.

Besides the training and octopus episodes, the CA arc had great pacing ayt? I watched the entire arc in three days. Yea the invasion slowed down pacing is highlight I agree but to say the pacing of the entire arc is a highlight? That is frikkin overboard when all of the arcs before CA had better pacing and who the hell is us?
Sep 29, 2014 7:15 AM

Jan 2010
I'm gonna ignore this whole debacle from a page ago because it looks pointless to even argue. (which I briefly did, btw, to no avail)

However, the whole "filler-ish" arc snip dazzles me. Literally everything that has happened since the arc was a direct or indirect consequence of it. We still have characters from the arc running around both in the background and forefront, some like Gyro who could be big players in future arcs. Hell, there's still like five thousand ants coccoons or something that Pariston picked up, and I doubt Togashi would have mentioned that and then proceeded to do nothing with it. If anything it had a lot more impact on the overall plot than YN, which mainly contributed to Kurapika's side of the story.
Sep 29, 2014 9:11 AM

Dec 2012
Cakedog said:
Kuralchemist99 said:

Ok.

Maybe what you think is "obviously" bad is not seen like that by those who love the arc.

What you said is as close minded as the circle jerk of the fanboys here.
Sep 29, 2014 9:19 AM

May 2014
Yorknew City is by far my favorite
Theres so much new characters, plot development and depth compared to the other ones. Also it has Kurapika as a main character unlike the other arc.
I've been here way too long...
Sep 29, 2014 10:30 AM

Dec 2013
Lynx_7 said:
I'm gonna ignore this whole debacle from a page ago because it looks pointless to even argue. (which I briefly did, btw, to no avail)

However, the whole "filler-ish" arc snip dazzles me. Literally everything that has happened since the arc was a direct or indirect consequence of it. We still have characters from the arc running around both in the background and forefront, some like Gyro who could be big players in future arcs. Hell, there's still like five thousand ants coccoons or something that Pariston picked up, and I doubt Togashi would have mentioned that and then proceeded to do nothing with it. If anything it had a lot more impact on the overall plot than YN, which mainly contributed to Kurapika's side of the story.

I agree that it has impacted the overall story of HxH the most. I think when people say there's a fillerish vibe, they're referring to the story's introduction of new characters like Kurt, Reina, Ikalgo, Knuckle v Youpi, etc.
Doing something with them, and then throwing them away afterward. It seems as if they're there to fill the void before the main events which were around the last dozen episodes of the arc.

I actually wanted to see some closure on both Kurt (Colt) and Reina's story, but we only know what really happened with Reina. That's like half closure.
I'm hoping a future arc will use Kurt and eventually bring him back to his mother and sister.
Sep 29, 2014 4:20 PM

Mar 2012
beefsteakken said:
Mikasa said:

And yet you did.

Besides the training and octopus episodes, the CA arc had great pacing ayt? I watched the entire arc in three days. Yea the invasion slowed down pacing is highlight I agree but to say the pacing of the entire arc is a highlight? That is frikkin overboard when all of the arcs before CA had better pacing and who the hell is us?

Yes, it was a highlight, including the octopus stuff.
The NGL, East Golteau, and Invasion altogether.
End Zionazism
Oct 14, 2014 4:47 AM

Nov 2013
Yorknew > Hunter Exam > Chimera Ant >Chairman Election >Heavens Arena > Greed Island > Zoldyck Family

Chimera Ant got the most poll as expected. But imo CA's weakness is pacing and overly huge cast of characters. Pacing is too slow, especially when there's much narration in the episodes. And overly huge cast of new characters, and they each got their screentime, while some of them are characters that people will not really care about. Imo focusing on less characters would be better.
Dec 25, 2014 12:38 AM

Nov 2009
Hunter Exam>Heaven's Arena>Chimera Ant>Greed Island>Zoldyck Family>Yorknew City
Dec 25, 2014 12:43 AM

Nov 2012
I'm confused with the amount of hate toward the Chimera Ant arc. It was by far the most breath taking arc and in my opinion contained some of the best episodes of anime I've ever seen such as Gon confronting Pitou. I dunno man, the rest of the series was okay at best bar the Yorknew arc. Without it I'd have given this show like a 4 or a 5/10.

Chimera Ant>Yorknew>>>>Election>>>>Greed Island>Hunter Exam>Heaven's Arena>Zoldyck.

But really, everything I rated after Election was pretty dull.
Dec 25, 2014 9:19 AM

Jan 2014
Miraclezify said:
I'm confused with the amount of hate toward the Chimera Ant arc. It was by far the most breath taking arc and in my opinion contained some of the best episodes of anime I've ever seen such as Gon confronting Pitou. I dunno man, the rest of the series was okay at best bar the Yorknew arc. Without it I'd have given this show like a 4 or a 5/10.

Chimera Ant>Yorknew>>>>Election>>>>Greed Island>Hunter Exam>Heaven's Arena>Zoldyck.

That's just the way of the series. It takes a lot of build up, but those 2 stand out arcs are among some of the best.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Dec 25, 2014 3:40 PM

Aug 2014
RedRoseFring said:
Miraclezify said:

That's just the way of the series. It takes a lot of build up, but those 2 stand out arcs are among some of the best.

thats because exam, heaven, and gi, and even election are basically exposition arcs to serve as the "calm before the storm".

you can't look at these arcs individually. each arc needs each other because there's so much going on under the text. the arcs may suck individually especially like zoldyck but the magic happens when you tie them together.
Dec 26, 2014 3:18 AM

Jun 2014
It's been nearly 3 months and more than 500 people have voted. So, we can conclude that half of the fans of HxH watchers have CA as their best arc and a third have YN. GI is surprisingly much more loved than I thought since it's third. It's haters are probably just a vocal minority then.
Dec 27, 2014 12:14 PM

Jun 2011
For me it was something like this.

Chimera Ants>>>Greed Island>Yorknew City>>>>>>Hunter Exam>Heaven's Arena>Zoldyck Family>13th Hunter Chairman Election
I am the Wrath of God. Who else is with me?
Dec 27, 2014 3:56 PM

Apr 2012
For me...

Yorknew=Greed Island > Chimera > Heaven's Arena >>>>>>Hunter Exam>>>>Zoldyck > 13th Hunter Chairman Election
Dec 27, 2014 6:34 PM

Jan 2012
For some reason I didnt SUPER enjoy Greed Island.

So if I had to put them in order from favorite to least favorite it would be
Chimera Ant > Yorknew > Hunter Exam > Arena > Chairman > Zoldyck > Greed Island
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

» Hunter x Hunter (2011) came out 10 years after the original series. What are the chances we get a remake this year? 2011 version ended in Sep 2014 ( 1 2 )

animeboilolz - Apr 23

63 by Timeline_man »»
Yesterday, 5:43 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 117 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 18, 2014

238 by mrymtrisyia78910 »»
Apr 24, 1:55 PM

Poll: » Who is your Favourite character?

PushedCaraway - Mar 29

45 by PushedCaraway »»
Apr 24, 11:22 AM

» Is Hisoka a fraud?

Leon888 - Nov 22, 2023

43 by Angra_Shadow »»
Apr 23, 5:18 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 135 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2014

876 by red-tomato »»
Apr 21, 3:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.