Forum Settings
Forums
New
Sep 21, 2014 10:47 AM

Jun 2013
Any anime that have makes you cry anyone? any good ones?

Sep 21, 2014 10:51 AM

Aug 2013
Well, first of all, you've gotta watch Clannad and Anohana, the classic emotional anime. Though personally, I also liked and perhaps also cried for Ano Natsu de Matteru and Toradora.
Sep 21, 2014 10:53 AM

Feb 2013
i had just 6
#1 ef a tale of memories/ melodies (it is sooo dramatic)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DXTk9gtOHY (1st opening)

#2 clannad after story (well all key works have similar drama (angel beats, kannon, clannad, little buesters, but clannad is the most famous 1) (and first season is not that dramtic sincei ts a romcom)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klUfRsd20gE

#3 angel beats (but you have seen it :P)
#4 code geass (2nd season) (but you ahve seen it)

#5 shinsekai yori
#6 steins gate (but you have seen it)

other rly good ones
anohana
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANJTGxUq9gs

5 centimeter per second
My favorite quotes from animes:

Those who seek miracles will never experience one. The hand of salvation only extends to people
who try to make miracles happen. - Ef a tale of melodies.
I destroy worlds. I create worlds. - Code geass
We are humans. - Shinsekai yori
100 push-ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and a 10km run EVERY SINGLE DAY!!! - One punch man
Sep 21, 2014 11:25 AM

Sep 2014
Now and then, here and there is a show that killed me emotionally. It’s such an exhausting experience full of despair and tragedy. By the end I teared up really badly. I thought that I'd mention this because it's not the run of the mill show you'd expect to be discussed. It's not happy, but it's humbling and thought provoking.

Its 13 episodes so it isn't too long. I watched it back to back in one go. During the first episode I was like eh not sure how this is going to play out. But slowly I became immersed in this world. Slowly I became attached to the characters and the world that encompassed them.

There was a certain moment that just clicked. I knew what I was in for after this moment. If any of you have seen the show you'll probably know what this moment was.

The show is absolutely phenomenal. You can't have true sadness without happiness and hope. It's the juxtaposition of the two that creates true sadness. This show was just amazing. The soundtrack isn't something that works as well by itself but paired with the show and imagery crates an amazing atmosphere.

I hear people saying why would I watch a depressing, sad show for? Well it enlightens and educates you on things that happen in this world. It allows you to feel feelings you don't usually feel. Dare I say I indulge in the sadness that comes with such shows? Feels nice to cry every once in a while.

By the end of this show I just cried for about an hour non-stop. I would have cried for longer but I had to force myself to stop. Such a bittersweet show. You feel tinges of happiness and shades of hope but it’s futile and you are left just speechless at the end.

Please watch it. I watched it subbed. I suggest you do the same. I heard the dub is good tho. I hope you give it a go and rid of any preconceptions and doubts.

Giant Robo: The Day the Earth Stood Still also got me to tear up multiple times throughout its lengthy 7 episodes. The way in which the story is unravelled bit by bit, piece by piece brings a sense of again, humbleness. You feel glad to be a part of this show as you marvel at the story and its sublime set of characters and its stunning soundtrack.

Gunbuster and its sequel Diebuster are shows I will never stop raving about. It’s a powerful shows that culminate into a sense of euphoria. A beautiful show that depicts the realities of time and the harsh realities that comes with it.

If you don't mind movies, Grave of the fireflies is a movie that in my opinion a masterpiece. Couldn't stop crying at the end.
Sep 21, 2014 11:30 AM

Feb 2013
Clannad is the only one that got me, but Hyouka was close.
Sep 21, 2014 11:34 AM

Apr 2014
SaiKano
5cms/second
Guilty Crown
Elfen Lied
if you run you get faster to your location

have a nice day
- FALL3RE
Sep 21, 2014 11:55 AM

Jan 2011
Now and Then, Here and There +1
Grave of the Fireflies +1
Sep 21, 2014 12:06 PM
Aug 2007
Seconding Saikano and adding REC and Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien.
Sep 21, 2014 12:24 PM
Oct 2012
I never cried watching anime, but Clannad and One Piece put me teary eyed.
Sep 21, 2014 12:25 PM

Jan 2013
Naruto, One Piece and Now and Then, here and There
Sep 21, 2014 12:37 PM

Jul 2013
Clannad After story. Only problem is that your gonna have to go through 23 episodes of Clannad which I found quite dull. Was totally worth it though when I finally got to After story.

Tengen toppa Gurren Laggan is possibly one of the best mecha anime ever. There's one scene near the middle(I think 7th episode) and at the very end which made me bawl my eyes out. Might want to check this out if you prefer action based anime.

Tokyo Magnitude 8.0 +1

I would also recommend that you watch the first 10 or so episodes of major because it's just really sad and if you like it watch the rest

Anohana +1 cannot be described with words
Deus_MortiisSep 21, 2014 12:49 PM
Now, the undefeated king(常勝の王) sings aloud the name of the miracle she holds in her hands. Its name is EXCALIBUR!!! エクスカリバー!!
Sep 21, 2014 2:08 PM

May 2013
1.Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi - Original and underrated show that made me cry 2 times. Its a true gem if it comes to the feelings and the story.
2.AnoHana - Ive cried 1 time durning ending, it was simply stunning
3.Angel Beats - cried 2 times, good characters and their actions were beautifull, couldnt stop da tears.
4.Little Busters - Stories of the characters are ofter depressing, cried 1 time
5.Clannad AS - Cried 1 time durning a flash back. Althrough 1st season is boring I found the second one really good

Thats all of da animes that made the stone cry. Ive placed em from 1-5 for a reason.
Sep 21, 2014 2:11 PM

Jul 2012
Deus_Mortiis said:
I would also recommend that you watch the first 10 or so episodes of major because it's just really sad and if you like it watch the rest

First six is enough. And then continue of course, because it's a great show.

Cross Game
Uchuu Kyoudai
Sep 21, 2014 3:17 PM
Aug 2014
Chuunibyou. The first season is a masterpiece. It's really funny for the first part but the second half gets gradually darker and the ending will make you cry if you have a soul. Best ending I've seen in an anime.
Sep 21, 2014 3:23 PM
Jul 2014
Seirei no Moribito.
Tokyo Magnitude 8.0.
Hal.
Sep 21, 2014 4:21 PM

Jul 2014
When I watched Gintama I laughed so hard I cried. If you want to watch something sad watch Angel Beats.
Sep 21, 2014 4:22 PM

Jul 2014
Amgel Beats
Wolf Children
Sep 21, 2014 4:25 PM
Jul 2014
Mawaru Penguindrum.
Sep 21, 2014 4:51 PM

Jul 2014
If you want something easy to finish overnight, then +1 anohana. It has 13 episodes. The ending left me mixed emotions, but overall, I was very satisfied and touch.

A lot claim Clannad and angel beats. Haven't check both yet, because charcter personality is almost one dimensional
Sep 21, 2014 7:40 PM

Oct 2012
if youre a blubbering pansy like me and have the patience to sit through 30 episodes of mediocrity, then clannad + clannad afterstory of course. first 30 episodes are standard mediocre harem shit, but i weeeept during the last 10. anohana is right in the same vein, but sticks with the same tone all the way through.

though completely different, i cried p hard during some of the last couple episodes of fma brotherhood. its not even sad though i was just extremely invested.
Sep 21, 2014 7:47 PM

Sep 2014
Elfen Lied is the only one that make the trick so far, but I'm quite unsensitive so...
Sep 21, 2014 8:09 PM

Mar 2014
Hotarubi no Mori e- Very relaxing atmosphere with supernatural elements. Leads to one of my favorite scenes in anime.

More topics from this board

» ROMANCE, ROMANCE, ROMANCE!

Maryie - Apr 10, 2019

12 by Af2zl »»
4 hours ago

» Hyouka alike protagonist containing shows?

AlwaysBiggerFish - 7 hours ago

0 by AlwaysBiggerFish »»
7 hours ago

» Short Series Recs (12-26 eps).

pludel2 - Yesterday

4 by M2zC »»
8 hours ago

» Romance Manga/Anime with chubby female love interest

Jhida - May 20, 2015

9 by JadaH23 »»
8 hours ago

» Looking for harem + ecchi + adventure

aizen_sosuke3162 - Yesterday

2 by Longnines »»
Yesterday, 4:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.