Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

How would the Chimera Ant arc have played out if ___ made an appearance and how strong is that character really? SPOILERS

New
Sep 14, 2014 4:36 PM

Aug 2013
How would the Chimera Ant have turned out/how would things have been different had Hisoka caught wind of what was going on and took part in the CA events?

Also, iyo how strong is Hisoka really? Up til now in the anime I've never really gotten the sense of Hisoka ever being in trouble even when on paper he should be. Idk, just always feels like he's in total control of every situation whether the other characters know it or not. That's the appeal of his cunning and poise I suppose. But for instance Gon seems like a peon compared to Hisoka on average and without that covenant business going on by the end of this anime it looks like that won't change at all.

How strong is Hisoka relative to the other characters in the story?
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Sep 14, 2014 5:27 PM

Jan 2014
Hisoka would get rekt. #OnlyGoodMagicianIsDeadMagician.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Sep 14, 2014 5:37 PM

Jun 2014
Hisoka would get destroyed by any Royal Guard no question. Kite didn't even manage to harm Nferpitou. A lot of people like to fangasm and claim Hisoka could beat Nferpitou.
Previously: BlueXRam
Sep 14, 2014 5:42 PM

Nov 2013
BlueXRam said:
Hisoka would get destroyed by any Royal Guard no question. Kite didn't even manage to harm Nferpitou. A lot of people like to fangasm and claim Hisoka could beat Nferpitou.

i dunno, it seems to me that you are underrating hisoka. we haven't even seen him fight for real yet. its always just been playing around for him, yet he has managed to destroy extremely strong opponents with ease.

not saying he could definitely beat a royal guard but he would definitely not be beaten badly
Sep 14, 2014 6:41 PM

Nov 2011
Celestrial2 said:
BlueXRam said:

i dunno, it seems to me that you are underrating hisoka. we haven't even seen him fight for real yet. its always just been playing around for him, yet he has managed to destroy extremely strong opponents with ease.

not saying he could definitely beat a royal guard but he would definitely not be beaten badly

This. I don't think there's a strong enough case to definitively claim either as the victor in a hypothetical fight.
Sep 14, 2014 6:45 PM

Aug 2013
I mean iirc and my memory could be failing me Hisoka seems to believe the Zodiac would be worthwhile opponents for him but I suppose that's more a testament to Hisoka's confidence or ego than anything.

How strong do you think the Zodiac members are compared to the Royal Guard? Meruem?

I do have to agree now that it's being brought up that it's a sticky situation trying to gauge how strong Hisoka truly is right now because I'd like to think the popular belief is that we haven't seen Hisoka really be pushed to fight with 100% of his ability or so it looks like.
Champloo_RemixSep 14, 2014 6:48 PM
Sep 14, 2014 6:47 PM

Jan 2014
TripleSRank said:
Celestrial2 said:

This. I don't think there's a strong enough case to definitively claim either as the victor in a hypothetical fight.

From what we know about comparative speed and strength, it isn't too difficult to factor in abilities.
Point being that most of the attacks we've seen so far from Hisoka would hardly scratch the RG, while any single attack from them could de-limb him easily.

So back to my initial conclusion: Hisoka would get rekt.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Sep 14, 2014 7:07 PM

Nov 2011
RedRoseFring said:
TripleSRank said:

From what we know about comparative speed and strength, it isn't too difficult to factor in abilities.
Point being that most of the attacks we've seen so far from Hisoka would hardly scratch the RG, while any single attack from them could de-limb him easily.

So back to my initial conclusion: Hisoka would get rekt.

Except we don't know if Bungee Gum is his only ability. If that and Texture Surprise is all he has, then yeah. His cards wouldn't be enough either. We don't know if that's his only combative nen hatsu, though.
Sep 14, 2014 7:15 PM

Jun 2014
Feitan, probably one of the strongest in the Phantom Troupe had a tough time with just a commander. I don't see Hisoka being a lot more powerful than Feitan and he definitely viewed some of the members as threats in his desire to want to fight Chrollo.
Previously: BlueXRam
Sep 14, 2014 7:28 PM

Aug 2013
BlueXRam said:
Feitan, probably one of the strongest in the Phantom Troupe had a tough time with just a commander. I don't see Hisoka being a lot more powerful than Feitan and he definitely viewed some of the members as threats in his desire to want to fight Chrollo.

I might be remembering this wrong but wasn't Feitan not 100% when he fought Zazan too?
Sep 14, 2014 10:07 PM

Dec 2013
Feitan's power is based around rewarding him for taking damage, and once he got his arm broken he was incredibly powerful.
Sep 14, 2014 10:24 PM

Nov 2011
Kuralchemist99 said:
Feitan's power is based around rewarding him for taking damage, and once he got his arm broken he was incredibly powerful.

Exactly. He was trying to win the challenge, so he purposely let himself take damage to make it quick. I don't think he would allow himself to get hurt so easily in a more serious fight.

BlueXRam said:

It was more a case of being unable to handle Chrollo and another Phantom Troupe member simultaneously. Given how strong Chrollo is alone, that's to be expected.
Sep 14, 2014 10:30 PM

Mar 2014
RedRoseFring said:
Hisoka would get rekt.

Agreed.

But not without a final schwing!

Seriously though, Hisoka would get wrecked simply because the Royal Guards are too OP.
Sep 15, 2014 12:34 AM
Feb 2013
Since this isn't DBZ with no things like powerlevel and we haven't truly seen Hisoka fight at his full strength, it's really tricky to come to a precise conclusion.

Personally, I believe Hisoka is almost equivalent to Chrollo, who we all know stand an equal ground to Silva AND Zeno together. This means Hisoka can beat Queen Zazan (one of the strongest division leader) relatively easier than Feitan did.

This means Hisoka is actually quite competitive if he's around the warzone, but he probably isn't going to win over Pitou or Youpi by himself due to large discrepancy between Royal Guards and Division Leaders. And yes, I do believe Hisoka could beat Kite if they were to fight.
Sep 15, 2014 12:39 AM

Oct 2013
Hisoka doesn't need brute strength to win fights, just his brilliant mind alone could make him win any fight, plus the chimera ants are pretty dumb characters.
Sep 15, 2014 2:00 AM

Sep 2011
Pretty much what xieghart said, Hisoka is on par with Chrollo but he would get crushed by Pitou or Youpi, I don't know about Pouf.

Champloo_Remix said:
How strong do you think the Zodiac members are compared to the Royal Guard? Meruem?

I think they don't have chances in a 1vs1 against a royal guard because when Hisoka rated them, he only gave a 85 to Kanzai which is part of the defense division whereas Illumi received a 95.
By what we see in the manga, the only zodiac (well, ex-zodiac actually) that have high chances of defeating a royal guard is Ging.
Sep 15, 2014 2:16 AM

Oct 2013
keragamming said:
Hisoka doesn't need brute strength to win fights, just his brilliant mind alone could make him win any fight, plus the chimera ants are pretty dumb characters.

I don't think Pouf can be described as a dumb character...

As for the post. We only have to compare Hisoka to Netero. Netero can beat a RG, is Hisoka as strong as Netero? Personally I don't think so.
"Laugh, and the world laughs with you; Weep, and you weep alone". Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Sep 15, 2014 2:21 AM

Jan 2012
What a long title lol
He does not stand a chance it would be the end of hunter hunter as we know it.
you sound poor
Sep 15, 2014 4:32 AM

Dec 2012
Celestrial2 said:
BlueXRam said:

And not to forget, that Kite was caught off guard, because he tried to protect Gon and Killua, losing his arm in the process. Has he been alone, he might have not lost his arm, and the fight might have gone differently.

And going with Kite's reaction, to his number power thing, we didn't he see his best ones.

OT: There is no clear power ranking of the characters (aside from the King being the strongest and Netero second), so it's just speculations at best.
Sep 15, 2014 4:34 AM
Dec 2013
He'd be able to take on normal Chimera Ants, possibly several at once. He'd have no chance against a Royal Guard by himself, unless he teamed up with Gon, Killua, Knuckle, Shoot etc. and took part with their plan of the palace invasion.
Sep 15, 2014 7:23 AM

Nov 2011
Keeping in mind that both Morel and Knov were "weak" pro hunters, I think claiming that the Zodiacs couldn't face the Royal Guard 1v1 underestimates their strength. At the very least, I think the Double Star Hunters could stand a chance, given that Ging is a Double Star and he's been played up to be one of the world's strongest nen users. Morel managed to grandstand Pouf by himself when he wasn't even at full strength. (Pouf admittedly focused on running away, but still.) Youpi was tied up by three rookies and a severely weakened Morel in succession, and he was nearly defeated at that, mind you- Knuckle's APR & IRS are case-in-point that there's more to nen abilities than raw strength.

Given that Hisoka wasn't even interested in the less intelligent Zodiacs, I think that gives some credibility to his being able to handle a Royal Guard. I'm not saying he would definitely win. Still, I think there's a good case to be made for it.
Sep 15, 2014 7:32 AM

Mar 2014
I was sure you were gonna talk about Hisoka before opening this thread xD
I have no idea tbh, we haven't seen him fighting anyone seriously. So we don't know his true power, and we can't know if he could win a royal guard/ chimera ant.

I am hoping we will see a fight between him and Chrollo or someone else of that caliber, in another ten years someday soon.
Sep 15, 2014 10:36 AM

Jan 2010
TripleSRank said:
Keeping in mind that both Morel and Knov were "weak" pro hunters, I think claiming that the Zodiacs couldn't face the Royal Guard 1v1 underestimates their strength. At the very least, I think the Double Star Hunters could stand a chance, given that Ging is a Double Star and he's been played up to be one of the world's strongest nen users. Morel managed to grandstand Pouf by himself when he wasn't even at full strength. (Pouf admittedly focused on running away, but still.) Youpi was tied up by three rookies and a severely weakened Morel in succession, and he was nearly defeated at that, mind you- Knuckle's APR & IRS are case-in-point that there's more to nen abilities than raw strength.

Given that Hisoka wasn't even interested in the less intelligent Zodiacs, I think that gives some credibility to his being able to handle a Royal Guard. I'm not saying he would definitely win. Still, I think there's a good case to be made for it.

Hisoka doesn't have anything even remotely close to Knuckle's ability though. He always deals with his enemies by killing them, not rendering their nen useless.

With that in mind, we really haven't seem him doing anything that could knock out a guy who can walk in the middle of a burning pit of lava like he was strolling at the park. The aforementioned team of hunters that fought against him could barely scratch the guy. And even if Knuckle could render his nen useless, that is a FAR cry from "almost defeating him". We've seem tremendously weaker ants like speedo bunny taking hits from Gon and Killua before he even developed his nen. Pitou also killed Kite before developing her nen abilities, so I really doubt a nenless Youpi would be an easy target for what amounted to a team of exhausted hunters. And Pouf wasnt even trying against Morel since they never fought.

I don't know, I can't see Hisoka having the sheer strenght necessary to take down a Royal Guard. It took a bomb to do considerable damage to Meruem (I know he is not a royal guard, but still an example of the stronger ants endurance) and Gonrilla-san repeatedly smashing Pitou's head to kill her, and in the latter not even that was enough to completely put her down. I guess we can only ask this question for sure whenever Togashi decides to show Hisoka in a life or death fight against an equally strong opponent, but as of now, I'd put my money on the Royal Guards.
YunoleffSep 15, 2014 10:41 AM
Sep 15, 2014 12:35 PM

Nov 2011
Lynx_7 said:
TripleSRank said:

Hisoka doesn't have anything even remotely close to Knuckle's ability though. He always deals with his enemies by killing them, not rendering their nen useless.

With that in mind, we really haven't seem him doing anything that could knock out a guy who can walk in the middle of a burning pit of lava like he was strolling at the park. The aforementioned team of hunters that fought against him could barely scratch the guy. And even if Knuckle could render his nen useless, that is a FAR cry from "almost defeating him". We've seem tremendously weaker ants like speedo bunny taking hits from Gon and Killua before he even developed his nen. Pitou also killed Kite before developing her nen abilities, so I really doubt a nenless Youpi would be an easy target for what amounted to a team of exhausted hunters. And Pouf wasnt even trying against Morel since they never fought.

I don't know, I can't see Hisoka having the sheer strenght necessary to take down a Royal Guard. It took a bomb to do considerable damage to Meruem (I know he is not a royal guard, but still an example of the stronger ants endurance) and Gonrilla-san repeatedly smashing Pitou's head to kill her, and in the latter not even that was enough to completely put her down. I guess we can only ask this question for sure whenever Togashi decides to show Hisoka in a life or death fight against an equally strong opponent, but as of now, I'd put my money on the Royal Guards.

Again, as a preface, I'm not definitively claiming Hisoka could win.

Anyway, while I do agree that something like APR doesn't seem like Hisoka's style, the point is nen abilities can vary greatly and have unusual characteristics that give one an advantage. If Hisoka has other nen abilities (which I personally believe him to- bungee gum alone seems to be a waste of talent for someone of his caliber), there's no telling how said abilities could be used. That's the main reason I think there's a big question mark on whether he could win. He's an exhibitionist; he wouldn't fight with his full strength unless he had to, because that would make his battles boring (from his perspective).

Also, while you do make a good point concerning their durability, you have to keep in mind that the Royal Guards are understood to have nen from birth. Kite himself sensed how powerful Pitou's aura was, which is why he tried to protect Gon and Killua. At that, Pitou had already learned the basics of nen from Pockle by then.

Just being in a Royal Guard's extended presence without Ten was enough to break Knov. A lot of their durability comes from their nen. Still, even if we assumed Youpi's strength and durability came entirely from his magical beast side, he would still be incredibly easy to kill without nen: He would be defenseless against Malice, one of the most basic nen techniques.

Out of curiosity, even though you don't think Hisoka could beat a RG, do you think Chrollo could beat one? We don't actually know if Hisoka could beat Chrollo (though he wishes to), so I'm curious about your thoughts here. Here's a different way of expressing why I think Hisoka might be able to beat a Royal Guard member:

Netero > Royal Guard member
&
Netero > Zeno Zoldyck

Zeno ≈ Royal Guard member
&
Chrollo > Zeno
therefore
Chrollo > Royal Guard member

given that
Hisoka ≈ Chrollo
then
Hisoka ≥ Royal Guard member

Now, I do know that nen is a bit more complicated than the above may make it seem, but that does make sense, right?
TripleSRankSep 15, 2014 1:06 PM
Sep 15, 2014 1:20 PM

Jan 2010
Yes, it's implied that the Royal Guards were born with nen, but I was referring to the fact that Pitou still defeated Kite before developing her abilities. She didn't know how to use Terpsichora and still managed to beat someone of that level with relative "ease". (considering she didn't have any mortal wounds after the fight or anything of the sort, not saying he was a pushover or anything)

I think considering Chrollo > Zeno is stretching it a bit though. I mean, Zeno said that if Chrollo took the fight seriously things "might" have been different, which is not the same as assuming Chrollo would've absolutely won. It's a possibility, but a vague one.

If we go by the databook's "official powerlevel", Hisoka is actually a bit weaker than Chrollo, which in turn is weaker than the 3 royal guards. (oddly enough, Zeno and Silva are not ranked) It's said that someone more than 3 points above the other is in a "different class", and therefore can't be beaten by said character, and Hisoka is at 24 while Pouf and Pitou are 28.(interestingly, Youpi is considered the weakest with 27 which would theoretically put him in the "same league" as Hisoka) Then again I take those stats with a lot of salt since they put Gon, Genthru, Morel and Kite as equals, so yeah.

I do accept the possibility that Hisoka might be able to pull of a win if he has a few tricks up his sleeve. But with what he has shown thus far, I don't believe he could take any of the Royal Guards.
Sep 15, 2014 1:51 PM

Nov 2011
I can accept that.

It's too bad the databook hasn't been released in English. Even if the power levels are sketchy, I'd been interested.

Scratch that part. I saw how bad the chart seemed to be on reddit. xD
TripleSRankSep 15, 2014 2:06 PM
Sep 15, 2014 6:36 PM
Aug 2014
IMO Hisoka is a Demon just waiting to let loose on someone worthy. If he encountered a royal guard he would've had a huge orgasm and turn bloodlusted. I think he could've taken on the RG, maybe even the King.
Hisoka is a monster!!!!!
Sep 15, 2014 6:47 PM
Aug 2014
Lynx_7 said:
TripleSRank said:

Hello, Hisoka wanted to fight Netero and the strongest Zodiacs. His power scaling is probably correct so Hisoka knows what he is doing, I mean the guy is a monster. If anyone could kill a RG alone it would be Hisoka.
Hisoka probably came from the dark continent lolol, but seriously, his sole purpose in life is to fight strong people and and be cool doing it.
Sep 15, 2014 7:34 PM

Jan 2010
ZGriffin said:

Hello, Hisoka wanted to fight Netero and the strongest Zodiacs. His power scaling is probably correct so Hisoka knows what he is doing, I mean the guy is a monster. If anyone could kill a RG alone it would be Hisoka.
Hisoka probably came from the dark continent lolol, but seriously, his sole purpose in life is to fight strong people and and be cool doing it.

Hisoka challenging Netero in the beginning of the series is just as hilarious as Killua saying he could have killed the old men if he wanted to. What both of them have in common is that they were out of their minds.

For real, though, Hisoka cares about the challenge. I'm not sure he takes the time to consider whether or not he could actually beat his opponent. If anything, I'm guessing he would be thrilled to face somebody stronger than himself even knowing the chances of him winning to be slim. Just like Netero, really.
YunoleffSep 15, 2014 7:39 PM
Sep 15, 2014 8:09 PM
Aug 2014
Lynx_7 said:
ZGriffin said:

Hisoka challenging Netero in the beginning of the series is just as hilarious as Killua saying he could have killed the old men if he wanted to. What both of them have in common is that they were out of their minds.

For real, though, Hisoka cares about the challenge. I'm not sure he takes the time to consider whether or not he could actually beat his opponent. If anything, I'm guessing he would be thrilled to face somebody stronger than himself even knowing the chances of him winning to be slim. Just like Netero, really.

Killua hasn't been shown to rate opponents power like Hisika. Its easy, Hisoka saw Netero rated him, and wanted to obviously fight him. Personally, to me, Hisoka is a Demon just waiting on a strong opponent to let loose. You can look at it however you want.
Sep 15, 2014 8:54 PM

Nov 2011
ZGriffin said:
Lynx_7 said:

Killua hasn't been shown to rate opponents power like Hisika. Its easy, Hisoka saw Netero rated him, and wanted to obviously fight him. Personally, to me, Hisoka is a Demon just waiting on a strong opponent to let loose. You can look at it however you want.

Actually, Killua explicitly rated people once, and it included Hisoka, no less. Just before the Heaven's Arena arc, he used lines in the dirt to show Gon their strengths compared to Hisoka and Hanzo. (He placed himself laughably close to Hisoka, though.)
TripleSRankSep 15, 2014 8:57 PM
Sep 15, 2014 11:03 PM

May 2013
Hisoka is a charcter that wouldn't be interested to fight people who are obviously weaker than him. Just because he is confident in his own power doesn't mean he can beat anybody, he lives by the code Morel was teaching Killua back in NGL. I don't like saying this but there is no way that he would beat any of the royal guards with what he has shown thus far.

They can tank almost anything that he trows at them while he will be having a hard time with what they trow at him. Youpi would be too strong for Bungee Gum, if Razor's devil 13 was too strong for Bungee gum than Youpi is too and the other 2 are aswell. His greatest wapon, his mind, will most likely be useless against Pouf and arguably Pitou. Granted he could outsmart Youpi. He can not hide from Pitou for a suprise attack, her crazy En ability will not allow that. How is he going to beat them?!
''We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths. As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are. That's what death is, don't you think?'' - Uchiha Itachi
Sep 15, 2014 11:17 PM

Jul 2013
he would of tried to fight Meruem/Netero depends on who was closest

and would of been slaughtered immediately

i do think he would be able to defeat Youpi and Pouf if he decided to fight or got trapped but lose to Pitou but i think thats irrelevant since if he could feel the Mereum/Netero's Nen he would of ignored anyone else
Sep 15, 2014 11:32 PM

May 2013
StefanHere said:

i do think he would be able to defeat Youpi and Pouf if he decided to fight or got trapped but lose to Pitou but i think thats irrelevant since if he could feel the Mereum/Netero's Nen he would of ignored anyone else

How will he do that? not trying to disrespect your opinion im just wondering what your reasoning is.
''We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths. As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are. That's what death is, don't you think?'' - Uchiha Itachi
Sep 15, 2014 11:46 PM

Nov 2012
i dont think he could win against super brute strength type like youpi.
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
Sep 15, 2014 11:52 PM

Jul 2013
SaSa-Zoldyck said:
StefanHere said:

How will he do that? not trying to disrespect your opinion im just wondering what your reasoning is.

Youpi is just strength(before he developed) Hisoka is always steps ahead of most people, im imagining a scene with him trapped in a web of Bungee gum and being unable to move

for Pouf i dont see him getting into a fight to the death with him since Pouf's only concern was Mereum im guessing he would be leashed with bungee gum and it being disjointed after he split up but if he went straight up i don't see Pouf winning since he was the one focused on "brains" although we never really saw his combat potential
Sep 16, 2014 1:08 AM

May 2013
StefanHere said:

Youpi is just strength(before he developed) Hisoka is always steps ahead of most people, im imagining a scene with him trapped in a web of Bungee gum and being unable to move

for Pouf i dont see him getting into a fight to the death with him since Pouf's only concern was Mereum im guessing he would be leashed with bungee gum and it being disjointed after he split up but if he went straight up i don't see Pouf winning since he was the one focused on "brains" although we never really saw his combat potential

Why would you take a Youpi weakest form for this battle? Even so I have no doubt that he would develop his abilities in at the same rate as he did in his fight with the hunters. Youpi will probably sping his arms and create eyes, how is Hisoka going to get a hit on him? And even if he does land a hit and used bungee gum, he will not be trapped in a web of bungee gum. Remember when this happend.. http://z.mfcdn.net/store/manga/44/16-163.0/compressed/16_12_03.jpg

Hisoka can't pull strong characters like he did with Gon.

And about Pouf, huh we have to assume that Pouf will be fighting to kill and that Meruem does not play a role in this if its a one on one match. Or els your giving Pouf disadvantages to increase the winning chances of Hisoka and that would not be fair imo. Pouf can stay out of Hisoka's attack range and control him with his scales or use beelzebub and suprise attack him, like he did with Morel. He is one of the smartest characters and fooled I don't know how many people during the palace invasion. He can ''read'' Hisoka's feelings/aura. Hisoka will get destroyed by both of them if you ask me.
Sep 16, 2014 2:30 AM

Jul 2013
SaSa-Zoldyck said:
StefanHere said:

Why would you take a Youpi weakest form for this battle? Even so I have no doubt that he would develop his abilities in at the same rate as he did in his fight with the hunters. Youpi will probably sping his arms and create eyes, how is Hisoka going to get a hit on him? And even if he does land a hit and used bungee gum, he will not be trapped in a web of bungee gum. Remember when this happend.. http://z.mfcdn.net/store/manga/44/16-163.0/compressed/16_12_03.jpg

Hisoka can't pull strong characters like he did with Gon.

And about Pouf, huh we have to assume that Pouf will be fighting to kill and that Meruem does not play a role in this if its a one on one match. Or els your giving Pouf disadvantages to increase the winning chances of Hisoka and that would not be fair imo. Pouf can stay out of Hisoka's attack range and control him with his scales or use beelzebub and suprise attack him, like he did with Morel. He is one of the smartest characters and fooled I don't know how many people during the palace invasion. He can ''read'' Hisoka's feelings/aura. Hisoka will get destroyed by both of them if you ask me.

with the Razor situation he was being pretty casual as usual i don't think that's a very good representation of the maximum resistance his Bungee gum can withstand

the amount of strands stacking seemed like a way to bind him but i forgot he Knuckle estimated him at 500k and hes whip arms and explosions

and for Pouf i just keep remembering a scene where he kicked morel in the back and it didn't do any damage vs letting Youpi/Mereum and even touch you and being evaporated
Sep 16, 2014 2:49 AM

Dec 2013
Lynx_7 said:

No, No, No. Hisoka isn't an idiot who jumps straight into a battle just for the challenge. Keep in mind that he literally waited for years to fight Chrollo. He was smart enough to understand that he wouldn't have any chance against him with the other Phantom Troupe members around. If he was as bloodlusted as you're making him out to be, he would have probably have just attacked Chrollo the moment he saw him.
Sep 16, 2014 7:32 AM

Jan 2010
Kuralchemist99 said:
Lynx_7 said:

No, No, No. Hisoka isn't an idiot who jumps straight into a battle just for the challenge. Keep in mind that he literally waited for years to fight Chrollo. He was smart enough to understand that he wouldn't have any chance against him with the other Phantom Troupe members around. If he was as bloodlusted as you're making him out to be, he would have probably have just attacked Chrollo the moment he saw him.

Just like Netero wasn't stupid enough to attack Meruem the moment he saw him inside the palace. The bomb was also a reason, but I'm pretty sure he wouldn't be foolish enough to challenge Meruem alongside his Royal Guards regardless of the rose. So my point still stands.
What you're saying is just common sense. Of course neither would pick up a fight in a place where they could be interrupted by others, that would be extremely dumb.

I get that Hisoka is a cool character and all, but some of you guys are seriously overestimating him if you really think he could have taken on Netero because of a throwaway challenge in the beginning of the series. Even if we assume he is a human scouter and can accurately calculate Battle Points inside his head, he still can't predict his enemies Nen abilities just by looking at them. Considering this is one of the most decisive elements in a battle (knowing and counteracting your opponent's nen), him not knowing about Bodhisattva is kind of a big deal. Not sure what bungee gum could even do against that.
My point being: even if he can tell how strong his opponent is, that didn't stop him from picking up a fight he couldn't have won.

TripleSRank said:

Actually, Killua explicitly rated people once, and it included Hisoka, no less. Just before the Heaven's Arena arc, he used lines in the dirt to show Gon their strengths compared to Hisoka and Hanzo. (He placed himself laughably close to Hisoka, though.)

Killua, do you even power levels?
YunoleffSep 16, 2014 7:41 AM
Sep 16, 2014 7:56 AM

Dec 2013
Hisoka didn't challenge Netero, he said that he wanted to fight him. Wanting to fight somebody and actually challenging somebody are different stories. Hisoka was most likely aware that he couldn't take on Netero, just really wanted to.
Sep 16, 2014 1:34 PM

Mar 2012
Champloo_Remix said:

Meruem? You're crazy, Meruem was probably the strongest creature ever by the end of his life, not even the former strongest nen user could beat him, so no, maybe the stronger Zodiacs like Ging and Pariston might be as strong as Netero.
Sep 16, 2014 2:10 PM

Oct 2013
ZGriffin said:
IMO Hisoka is a Demon just waiting to let loose on someone worthy. If he encountered a royal guard he would've had a huge orgasm and turn bloodlusted. I think he could've taken on the RG, maybe even the King.
Hisoka is a monster!!!!!

That is so hot...
Sep 16, 2014 2:31 PM

Sep 2011
Did you guys know why Netero insisted to fight the King alone?

Because he knows that the King is so strong that this is going to be a fight of a lifetime.

Heck! He even put his subordinates in danger for that moment.

What's Netero's reaction to Hisoka?
Sep 16, 2014 2:33 PM

Dec 2013
The_Mad_Wizard said:
Did you guys know why Netero insisted to fight the King alone?

Because he knows that the King is so strong that this is going to be a fight of a lifetime.

Heck! He even put his subordinates in danger for that moment.

What's Netero's reaction to Hisoka?
That. And the fact that he had a bomb inside of him that will kill anyone instantly within a general radius as soon as he dies.
Sep 16, 2014 3:03 PM

Jul 2012
hisoka would swing his penis to mereum out of pure joy of how strong mereum is
Cty Best mid
Sep 16, 2014 5:03 PM
Sep 2012
Maybe Knov could have just teleported multiple flower bombs into the palace?

One thing I didn't understand is when the butterfly guy died, right next to all of the civilians, shouldn't they have gotten poisoned?

If that plot-hole didn't exist then maybe the only people needed would be Knov and the chameleon to place bombs in the palace and around the king.
Sep 16, 2014 6:53 PM

Jul 2014
I find it inconceivable that Hisoka would have lost to any of the Royal Guard, particularly Menthuthuyoupi, and it's difficult to imagine him being defeated by Neferpitou or Shaiapouf either. There's too much focus on raw strength and nen power; Hisoka is a master martial artist, while the Royal Guard were just born and know nothing about the art of fighting, they just kill people with their overwhelming power. Kite's loss to Pitou is irrelevant to me, because it was never once said or even implied that Kite was a great martial artist, he was always shown fighting with weapons. The Election Arc also strongly implies that he can perfectly assess a person's true strength, and if true, he still wished to fight Netero knowing how strong he was. The Guanyin statue would have thrilled him. There's also the fact that he only wants to fight people he believes can challenge him, but the only person in the Phantom Troupe he's interested in is Chrollo, which means that he regards everyone else in the Troupe as so beneath him that they aren't worth fighting. And you have to remember that he's never once been shown fighting seriously, every time he fights he either kills his opponent instantly or just plays around with them, we don't know how good he actually is. We knew all along that Netero was powerful, but didn't know just how much until he fought Meruem, Hisoka could also have immense hidden power that he's never needed to show.
Winter_Fox_TamiSep 17, 2014 7:22 PM
Sep 16, 2014 7:46 PM

Mar 2014
drakier said:
Maybe Knov could have just teleported multiple flower bombs into the palace?

One thing I didn't understand is when the butterfly guy died, right next to all of the civilians, shouldn't they have gotten poisoned?

If that plot-hole didn't exist then maybe the only people needed would be Knov and the chameleon to place bombs in the palace and around the king.

Who's to say they didn't die?

Plot holes are something that contradicts what's been established in the show. Just because you don't know what happened to those randoms doesn't make it a plot hole.

Anyway, we've already talked about this in past threads. You can't transport a bunch of bombs to the castle while the civilians are there. There was very short window of opportunity for Knov to even plant the wormholes. He only got to do it because Pitou turned off his En for a few moments (cause Meruem broke his hand, remember?). That means they got really lucky. What if the King wasn't even in the palace? That's why Netero stuck it in him in the first place, so that wherever the King was, the bomb would be there.

Why are you even bringing this up in a thread like this? This is talking about Hisoka, not about the damn palace invasion.
jreginaldSep 16, 2014 7:57 PM
Sep 16, 2014 8:23 PM

Sep 2011
b1GZZ said:
Champloo_Remix said:

Meruem? You're crazy, Meruem was probably the strongest creature ever by the end of his life, not even the former strongest nen user could beat him, so no, maybe the stronger Zodiacs like Ging and Pariston might be as strong as Netero.

Pariston isn't physically strong.
Sorry for going offtopic.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Hunter x Hunter (2011) came out 10 years after the original series. What are the chances we get a remake this year? 2011 version ended in Sep 2014 ( 1 2 )

animeboilolz - Apr 23

63 by Timeline_man »»
Yesterday, 5:43 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 117 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 18, 2014

238 by mrymtrisyia78910 »»
Apr 24, 1:55 PM

Poll: » Who is your Favourite character?

PushedCaraway - Mar 29

45 by PushedCaraway »»
Apr 24, 11:22 AM

» Is Hisoka a fraud?

Leon888 - Nov 22, 2023

43 by Angra_Shadow »»
Apr 23, 5:18 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 135 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2014

876 by red-tomato »»
Apr 21, 3:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.