Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Sep 13, 2014 6:13 AM
Aug 2014
I did not notice that ''see you next'' text written before. Whoever saw that, you are amazing. I hope it means a sequel. I loved the end but I would love to see a sequel more. If there is a sequel...please let Kaneki still be the MC. He has gone through waaay too much development to kill off like this. It's either no sequel or sequel with Kaneki still the MC. There are lot of question to be answered too.
1.What happened to Rize? , 2.Why is Arima so strong? , 3. Uta and the Pierrot gang ( I thought you were cool Uta ). 4. Is Amon really dead? ( If he is alive and in the sequel (if any), please don't turn him into half ghoul, to me , he represents humanity ) .
So..An Amazing Manga comes to an end.
Sep 13, 2014 6:40 AM

Sep 2011
KaoreenT said:
Mangalist-san said:

its not over look here

http://samasamadesu.tumblr.com/post/97298574328/green-makakas-dont-panick-tokyo-ghoul-manga

woah~ so there's still hope *^*

Wow who ever caught that you have some amazing attention to detail.
Sep 13, 2014 6:41 AM

Dec 2011
From all the manga i have read i know one thing for sure. If you dont see their body dont believe that they are dead. Its possibly that all of the investigators died because of Aogiri. So here is what i believe.

1) I dont think this is the end for the manga (unless it got canceled) because there are so many loose ends.Aogiri tree,the clowns,The organization, expiraments almost everything.
2) I would realy hate it if she becomes the protagonist now (like it happened on breaker but there it wasnt bad) even if she changed and having her beat Arima. That will be bullshit but its possble because kaneki could beat most of the investigators easily. With that she had to go through some shit to power up. (If that happens i will propably drop the manga)

Realy this cannot happen! Its so bad
Never ending nightmare!
Sep 13, 2014 6:58 AM

Nov 2012
by the way... KANEKI DIES A POINTLESS DEATH RIGHT?
yoshimura taken by aogiri
amon too
aogiri become even stronger
irimi and demon ape are dead anyway in v14
and he makes ccg even stronger with his quinque

if kaneki not there, amon probably still alive and eto probably could be defeated earlier by arima
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
Sep 13, 2014 7:00 AM

Aug 2014
World is cruel place, and at the same time it's beautiful
Sep 13, 2014 7:02 AM

Nov 2012
singgihspd said:

maybe, kaneki (suitcase) and arima in their honeymoon XD
Sep 13, 2014 7:10 AM

Aug 2010
singgihspd said:

It's not just u. That's Arima and Suitcase-kun creating their new bonds and friendship :3

Very touching end :*)
Sep 13, 2014 7:25 AM
Sep 2013
The suitcase joke is getting really annoying fucking kiddies
Sep 13, 2014 7:27 AM

Nov 2012
wtfitsmegaman said:
The suitcase joke is getting really annoying fucking kiddies
are you annoyed by that suitcase joke fucking oldman? :p
Sep 13, 2014 7:48 AM
Sep 2014
Well before i post my speculations on the future of Tokyo Ghoul, I wiki'd the information of Aogiri.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firmiana_simplex

"Recent publications mention the species as an aggressive and invasive weed in the warmer parts of North America. They urge its removal and give instructions for drastic measures, including destruction of nursery stock. The plant is self-fertile and its seeds spread readily, especially along watercourses, and they germinate and grow rapidly. They compete effectively, smothering many other species."

Could this be a hint at Aogiri Tree's true motives? Building an army of ghouls that are more capable and powerful than your average ghoul to be the dominant race on earth? "...The plant is self-fertile and its seeds spread readily, especially along watercourses, and they germinate and grow rapidly." Perfectly describes the Modus Operandi of Kannou making humans into half ghouls. And the amount of capsules in CH143.....

Moving on, if there was a sequel and if Kaneki is really dead; Amon could be the next MC as a human-ghoul hybrid. Plotwise, it "help" Amon to see the Human/Ghoul war from another perspective. The only evidence thus far is the line from pg 11 "Ghoul investigators have a more durable body compared to those of the ordinary" A hint about an Amon One Eye? perhaps.

Thanks for reading.
Sep 13, 2014 8:06 AM

Aug 2010
Who do u guys think was saying the monologue in the background?

"I have to eat. To eat is to protect'"
"I have to eat. To eat is to lose"
...etc
Sep 13, 2014 8:15 AM

Jun 2011
Barion-Zara said:

...etc

It's Kaneki's consciousness inside that suitcase or maybe he turned completely insane. Uta mentioned that the clowns want more fun. There's still hope.
Sep 13, 2014 8:16 AM

Aug 2014
Barion-Zara said:

...etc

I think that's kaneki
World is cruel place, and at the same time it's beautiful
Sep 13, 2014 8:20 AM

Aug 2010
That's what I think too...maybe even Amon (while changing to a ghoul)

But I'd love for it to be an indication Ken still has his conscious >.<
Sep 13, 2014 8:46 AM

Mar 2012
FUCK MY LIFE :(
This is fucking messing with me, it's confusing... We don't know if Kaneki's either dead or alive, there are hints for both...

But Arima was the one who did the "job" and then so I doubt he's alive, but at the same time I want him to! Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!

There's also this hint that Kaneki's Kagune turned into a quinque...
I don't know what to think, I hope this gets a continuation cuz there's a lot of stuff that we still need to know, there's still so much to explore in this story...

"I have faith in him. I know that he will return to anteiku." - I hope so, Touka-chan :'(
Sep 13, 2014 8:49 AM
Jan 2014
So is that Touka's brother holding the black rabbit mask?????
Sep 13, 2014 9:00 AM

Aug 2010
^ Yeah surprised no one mentioned it. Pretty much confirmed Ayato is Black Rabbit ^^
Sep 13, 2014 9:04 AM
Jan 2014
b1GZZ said:
FUCK MY LIFE :(
This is fucking messing with me, it's confusing... We don't know if Kaneki's either dead or alive, there are hints for both...

But Arima was the one who did the "job" and then so I doubt he's alive, but at the same time I want him to! Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!

There's also this hint that Kaneki's Kagune turned into a quinque...
I don't know what to think, I hope this gets a continuation cuz there's a lot of stuff that we still need to know, there's still so much to explore in this story...

"I have faith in him. I know that he will return to anteiku." - I hope so, Touka-chan :'(

If Kaneki has been turned into a quinque, at least he has a fancier suitcase than the rest of them....😅😅😅
Sep 13, 2014 9:39 AM

May 2013
Can't believe it ended like that. I'm gonna miss this manga.
Sep 13, 2014 9:43 AM
Nov 2013
hoping for a sequel!!!!
this series can't be ended like this!!! I'm serious :((
A55CH33KS 10V3R 69
Sep 13, 2014 9:45 AM

Feb 2014
Now I'm depressed with the anime and manga ending

悲しい… 悲しいわ…
今日のこと、「お月さま」にも教えてあげないと。
あなたも… 私 “たち” の中に… 取り込んであげる。
Sep 13, 2014 9:47 AM

Oct 2013
Barion-Zara said:

...etc

I think that those monologue in the background were by Kaneki. Tell me, even if Amon became a half-ghoul. Do you think he will accept his 'Ghoul-self'so easily without any trauma? Recall how Kaneki was in a dilemma to eat humans or not.

Barion-Zara said:
singgihspd said:

It's not just u. That's Arima and Suitcase-kun creating their new bonds and friendship :3

Very touching end :*)

Best friends forever. True bromance! <3

NuviSep 13, 2014 9:52 AM
Sep 13, 2014 9:55 AM

Jan 2014
This actually makes for a really good profile picture for Kaneki's MAL entry.
Sep 13, 2014 10:02 AM

Nov 2012
BeatzMe said:

tyrel are you watching? pls grant this request XD
Sep 13, 2014 10:04 AM

Jan 2014
ninjastarforcex said:
BeatzMe said:

I already submitted it :> Now it's up to the mods, lol.
Sep 13, 2014 10:06 AM

Nov 2012
LastChapter said:

Pierrot having the last laugh though.... meaning Studio Pierrot, the studio that adapted the anime right? Trolled right up until the end.

I'm wondering how much of a coincidence it was that he named that organization of ghouls "Pierrot", trying to find out if their first appearance was before or after the anime was announced
Sep 13, 2014 10:08 AM
Apr 2014
BeatzMe said:

I have doubt that Kaneki is in that case, because think about it how long does it take to make a Quinqe. For example it took 6 months for Suzuya to have Jason's kagune into a Quinqe. And for it to take a few days is a plothole considering that Kaneki is a half kukuja. So yeah I call that BS.
Sep 13, 2014 10:12 AM

Jan 2014
AquaWateria said:
BeatzMe said:

I have doubt that Kaneki is in that case, because think about it how long does it take to make a Quinqe. For example it took 6 months for Suzuya to have Jason's kagune into a Quinqe. And for it to take a few days is a plothole considering that Kaneki is a half kukuja. So yeah I call that BS.

I see there are still people living in denial and grasping at straws?

Btw, why aren't there any "Suitcase Up!" meme parodying the "Suit Up!" memes based on Barney? It's about time.
Sep 13, 2014 10:18 AM

Nov 2012
Arcanix said:
You guys have no imagination, this ending is amazing. He doesn't have to answer all your questions for the ending to be good. This fits the story so much.
We may or may not get a sequel, however you need to have balls do to an ending like this. But after everything that i saw on this forum, i don't expect you to understand.
If there would be trully critics for the manga and not random teens on the internet, you would see how someone interested in tragedy would praise this.
I can only applaud the mangaka for having the balls to go through with it and not change it like "others".
I'm sure everyone would have loved if this would go on for a while longer, i would have loved it too actually. Because i enjoyed the story and the characters so much. Maybe it will go for a sequel, you never know.
But if you would've read the manga carefully, you would've seen that the mangaka loves the literature. If you would end a tragedy book like this no one would say anything but actually praise it, now if you consider Kaneki that book, the book said it's story and now it's over.

^ Pretty much this. This chapter kind of brought me in peace. I'm happy with the ending even if it stays open (no sequel, though I think it would come).

I grab the straw ends that say Ken'll be back. We have tons of hints like Touka's, Takatsuki's speach. Also Uta said he wanted to turn the story to comedy instead of tragedey (and also Takatsuki hinted in the interview she's writing a ghoul story and got an interest in Ken).

The suitcase part - I believe is IS a half-kakuja centipede suicase, but as in Arata's case (several quinque has been made out of him, like 3 or 4 already and new prototypes keep going, he may stil be kept in vegetable state in CCG) Kaneki's death is not set in stone and it IS possible to stay alive after kakuhou removal(Rize).

I take a bet that we swithc Amon's and Ken's sides(Amon for Aogiri and Kaneki for CCG) and they fight again. That would actually suit the entertaimen purpose of the Pierrot's.
palasatajaSep 13, 2014 10:25 AM
Sep 13, 2014 10:36 AM

Sep 2011
ninjastarforcex said:
BeatzMe said:

Lmao. I wouldn't mind doing that for the lolz, but sadly, I can't.
Sep 13, 2014 10:37 AM

Jun 2013
I want Kaneki to be dead for real so I don't have to deal with Deus Ex Machinas and shitty asspulls and plot armors.
Sep 13, 2014 10:38 AM

Dec 2013
Would a ghoul investigator turned into a ghoul try attempting suicide until he succeeded. LOL.
Sep 13, 2014 10:50 AM

Apr 2009
So, unless there's a sequel, can we assume that Kaneki ate Hideyoshi? I'd like to think that he did.

Personally, I wouldn't mind if there's no sequel. As abruptly as it ended, I like how the ending created all these notions of speculation. It really gets the gears turning, and personally I'd one day revisit this manga and read it over again, just to catch all the little details that I've missed. I'm of the camp that believe Kaneki to be dead, and if that is a centipede suitcase, one can appreciate the irony. Despite an open ending, more things came full circle than appears. Such as Yoshimura taking the place of Rize, Kaneki coming to terms with his existence, and Touka's reaffirmed feelings for and belief in Kaneki.

There are so many questions to answer, and all we've gotten we're indirect hints along the way. Saving that there's no sequel, I would assume worst case scenario on all accounts, as that has been the case in the past.

I definitely loved this manga, but as I said before, I would be happy either way for it to end here or to continue somewhere down the road. It it does continue, I think a time-skip of sorts would be an interesting catalyst.
Sep 13, 2014 11:05 AM

Jun 2011
Arima's jacket is not supposed to be that short.
Maybe Kaneki was brainwashed and he became a CCG investigator.
We'll probbably be getting Tokyo Dove.

Mod Edit: Please only post an image link, not the full site. It is against the rules to give copyright material
TyrelSep 13, 2014 11:10 AM
Sep 13, 2014 11:07 AM

Jan 2014
ArdenFolgore said:
Arima's jacket is not that long.
Maybe Kaneki was brainwashed and he became a CCG investigator.
We'll probbably be getting Tokyo Dove.

Arima's jacket looks pretty long to me, though.
Sep 13, 2014 11:08 AM

Jun 2011
Shit, I wanted to say short. Fixed.
CharlesMarlowSep 13, 2014 11:12 AM
Sep 13, 2014 11:21 AM

Jul 2009
Man I don't know. Those saying the end is a work of art and fitting for this story just doesn't sit right with me. I personally need closure and not interpretations. Oh well, 10/10 as a whole.
Sep 13, 2014 11:21 AM

Jan 2012
Shitty ending
Sep 13, 2014 11:30 AM

Jan 2014
Mr-NoUrE said:
Shitty ending

Sh-shut up or I'll stuff you into a suitcase, ba-baka!
Sep 13, 2014 11:35 AM

Jun 2011
Even Tsukiyama lost will to live.

CharlesMarlowSep 13, 2014 11:45 AM
Sep 13, 2014 11:45 AM

Sep 2011
Okay, stop posting copyright links.
If I see anymore in here, I will throw out warnings. It is against the rules to link copyright material.
Sep 13, 2014 11:46 AM

Jan 2014
I hadn't noticed Arima's shiny new briefcase. Oh, the irony indeed...

The fact that Kaneki died (which really, is a lot more confirmed than even Amon's death) for "no purpose" is debatable. What was his purpose anyway? Didn't he admit in the end, that he was just as selfish as Touka called him out to be, doing things for the sake of avoiding loneliness? He already knew what happened to him, even if the motive wasn't explicit, we all know that unity between humans and ghouls wasn't his top priority. Or at least, that's the feeling I got.

Still, I will continue to defend this "Kaneki did nothing wrong campaign," because he didn't, he was just so human.

What was he fighting for in the end? I'd like to read some thoughts on this.
Sep 13, 2014 12:28 PM

Sep 2014
So many thoughts on this chapter after reading through and going through everyone's comments on here.

1. If this is the ending that we get with nothing else past this lots is left up to the reader's interpretation and some stuff is completely unresolved. I think that's fine if this was the tragic ending he was going for.

2. Suzuya's development in this chapter was the one bright spot. He really has become one of the best characters in this manga.

3. I was feeling pretty doubtful about a sequel yesterday when the raw scans came out. After reading the chapter there are sooooo many hints pointing to more story that I'm feeling much better.

4. Amon might not be dead after all. First there's the two investigators arguing about whether he was really dead, with Misato asking "did you properly confirm that?" And it seems the answer is no. Looks like they took missing bodies as a death confirmation, when it's anything but.

5. The part with Tatara, Eto, and Kanou is huge. Talking about how much stronger investigator bodies are then a normal humans. Definitely seems like they could be referring to Amon and running experiments on him using Yoshimura. And especially when you consider the interest that Eto/Takatsuki had with Amon when she met him. So if Kaneki is dead (more on that in a second) Amon could likely be the new "Tokyo Ghoul" for a sequel.

6. Right after Eto talks about Kaneki we get the most interesting text in the chapter:
"I have to eat. To eat is to steal.
I have to eat. To eat is to protect.
I have to eat. To eat is to lose.
I have to eat. To eat is to make a mistake."

Who's having an inner monologue to themselves? I think it's either Kaneki, Amon after becoming a hybrid, or as someone else pointed out maybe a back in forth of the thoughts between the two. Amon could be thinking "To eat is to steal" and Kaneki could be thinking "To eat is to protect".

7. Which comes to the biggest question on everyone's mind, is Kaneki dead? He is shown as "erased" in the CCG report, whatever that means. And it's definitely implied that Arima at least took his kakuhou and made it into the new quinque we see. Plenty points to him being dead but again, no direct confirmation. If his consciousness is somehow in the quinque or he's still alive without his kakuhou (like we saw with Rize), and the monologue mentioned in 6 is in fact his, well, things could get interesting.

8. The picture with Touka on page 21 is huge. Credit to everyone in this thread that pointed out all the stuff going on in this picture. The number 19 is seen on the left side of her jacket below the hoodie and as someone pointed out, it's probably a reference to a tarot card that Ishida likes to use as symbolism in the series. 19 is "the sun" and a direct quote from Wikipedia says about the card: "This card is generally considered positive. It is said to reflect happiness and contentment, vitality, self confidence, and success. Sometimes referred to as the best card in Tarot, it represents good things and positive outcomes to current struggles." Which goes right along with her dialogue "I have faith in him. I know that he will return to Anteiku." Also if you zoom in on the hood of the car on her shirt you can barely see the words "See you next" even though it's pretty hard to read. More hints by Ishida or just some trolling?

Welp, the wait for the announcement on the 11th can't come soon enough :(
Sep 13, 2014 12:31 PM

Aug 2013
I don't want to be a party pooper,but that "See you" could mean that Ishida is going to do a new manga,which has no connection to Tokyo Ghoul.

Many things are unanswered,yes,but this is a somewhat good ending. I mean this is a tragedy,don't expect a happy ending,dammit!

Personally I would like a sequel as well,but if the manga ends with this,I'm fine with it too.
This ending won't change my opinion on the manga. 10/10
Sep 13, 2014 12:31 PM

Jul 2014
I'll donate my college tuition savings to fund for the second season asap.. soooooooo
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 13, 2014 12:40 PM

Aug 2011
Well after seeing so much and thinking properly through everything I have this sort of statement for conclusion: WTF IS THIS ENDING??!!
Sep 13, 2014 12:42 PM

Jul 2010
singgihspd said:
Barion-Zara said:

...etc

I think that's kaneki
My guess is that it's Amon who was captured by Aogiri (Kaneki is already after ''To eat is to lose'' phase).Kanou or Eto said that ''Ghoul Investigator's body is much more stronger than normal human's, isn't it?'' and then they said that ''We will just to make another Kaneki'' looking at Manager.So yeah, im going to say that in sequel which MUST happen, Amon is going to be one eyed Ghoul made from Manager, just as Kaneki was made a Ghoul from Rize.Also, i think that Kaneki is alive, and CCG is experimenting on him to make new quinques.Arima's new quinque might be first quinque made from Kaneki - we just don't know how things work in CCG.
Sep 13, 2014 12:46 PM

Sep 2011
iLostReason said:
singgihspd said:

I think that's kaneki
My guess is that it's Amon who was captured by Aogiri (Kaneki is already after ''To eat is to lose'' phase).Kanou or Eto said that ''Ghoul Investigator's body is much more stronger than normal human's, isn't it?'' and then they said that ''We will just to make another Kaneki'' looking at Manager.So yeah, im going to say that in sequel which MUST happen, Amon is going to be one eyed Ghoul made from Manager, just as Kaneki was made a Ghoul from Rize.Also, i think that Kaneki is alive, and CCG is experimenting on him to make new quinques.Arima's new quinque might be first quinque made from Kaneki - we just don't know how things work in CCG.

Plot Twist: Kaneki is Arima's new quinque and then Amon becomes the main new character as a ghoul. 140 Chapters later, Amon then dies and becomes Arima's second quinque. ( ¬‿¬) Jk.
Sep 13, 2014 12:53 PM

Jun 2014
I think they mistranslated the last part of what Arima said. He said "I'll leave it to someone." Not "leave it to me." This makes me wonder, could that someone be an amnesia Kaneki? CCG wants to defeat the One-Eyed Owl and they may even use another One-Eyed(Kaneki) against it. Maybe that Case is for Kaneki to use.

Imagine a Suited CCG ShiroKaneki with 8 Tentacles sprouting in the back while he is holding a Badass Quinque and throwing out some Sadistic Lines.
Sep 13, 2014 12:58 PM

Sep 2011
2-Kawaii said:
I think they mistranslated the last part of what Arima said. He said "I'll leave it to someone." Not "leave it to me." This makes me wonder, could that someone be an amnesia Kaneki? CCG wants to defeat the One-Eyed Owl and they may even use another One-Eyed(Kaneki) against it. Maybe that Case is for Kaneki to use.

Imagine a Suited CCG ShiroKaneki with 8 Tentacles sprouting in the back while he is holding a Badass Quinque and throwing out some Sadistic Lines.
You sure it says "I'll leave it to someone"? Because that would change the whole meaning, seeing as how the translators TL'd it differently.
Pages (11) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Favorite girl?

zero00guard - Apr 3

18 by DylP1ckl3n »»
Apr 6, 8:26 PM

» Is there any pedophilia/sexual assault in the books?

Saiunknown - Mar 25

19 by Sturdies »»
Mar 28, 2:04 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul Chapter 1 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 2, 2012

39 by hakuxweeb »»
Mar 26, 8:03 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul Chapter 58 Discussion

Stark700 - May 19, 2014

19 by angelqie »»
Mar 21, 11:05 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul Chapter 20 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 25, 2013

20 by SirFries »»
Mar 5, 6:31 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.