Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Sep 14, 2014 9:46 AM

May 2014
Silaq said:
Ok guys, first message here (forgive me for any syntax mistake or w/e, english is not my native language, hope I'll make myself clear enough) but I had to tell you there's much hope for a second part to Tokyo Ghoul (or a sequel with an other name).

There's no garantee that all of this is true. I've gathered all the information I could find and here's what I got:

its over bro find something else
Kenjataimu mode status: 恒久
Sep 14, 2014 10:37 AM
Aug 2014
OnlyTemporary said:
Silaq said:
Ok guys, first message here (forgive me for any syntax mistake or w/e, english is not my native language, hope I'll make myself clear enough) but I had to tell you there's much hope for a second part to Tokyo Ghoul (or a sequel with an other name).

There's no garantee that all of this is true. I've gathered all the information I could find and here's what I got:

But... hidden messages.. n'stuff... :(
Sep 14, 2014 11:10 AM

Jun 2011
Silaq said:
OnlyTemporary said:

But... hidden messages.. n'stuff... :(

Ishida is a troll, read his twitter, because he responds to some English comments. There he said that he doesn't want to rest and we know that TG is popular enough to not cancel it. He's either bored with TG that he decided to end it or he's just trolling us.

https://twitter.com/search?src=typd&q=%40sotonami
Sep 14, 2014 4:05 PM

Mar 2013
So upset right now... how could it end like that?
Sep 14, 2014 4:48 PM

Aug 2014
Well, i just finished 143, and it seems i've become addicted. This can't be the end. It's pretty obvious both the CCG and all the Ghouls are mobilizing for an all-out war. Don't tell me this is one of those open, "decide for yourself" ends, that's just dumb.

And what the hell happened to Kaneki and Hide... and Amon? The hell is Aogiri Tree really after? There's another unknown organization? Who on earth was that clown? Pretty much nobody got a conclusion. This just can't end like this.

At least Rize's backstory is coming up. October's our only hope it seems...
MaledictSep 14, 2014 4:58 PM
~||Sky of the Night Light||~
Sep 15, 2014 9:23 AM

Mar 2014
I don't think there will be a sequel,

What's the deal with the surprise in October? I haven't read anything about it, can anyone please explain?
Sep 15, 2014 10:14 AM

Jun 2011
danae17 said:

What's the deal with the surprise in October? I haven't read anything about it, can anyone please explain?

http://youngjump.jp/tokyoghoul/event/
Sui Ishida will be there and something related to TG will be announced.
Sep 15, 2014 11:44 AM

Mar 2014
^ Thanks very much. Maybe a sequel, or a special? I hope for the first one, I love this series.
Sep 15, 2014 11:54 AM

Jan 2014
danae17 said:
^ Thanks very much. Maybe a sequel, or a special? I hope for the first one, I love this series.

inbe4 second season of the anime, lol. Mangareaders would be so disappointed.
Sep 15, 2014 12:03 PM

Mar 2014
BeatzMe said:
danae17 said:

Hell no, if it would be like the first season I think I'll pass xD
If Ishida is announcing it, it probably has to do with the manga *fingers crossed*
Sep 15, 2014 2:01 PM

Sep 2011
danae17 said:
BeatzMe said:

Hell no, if it would be like the first season I think I'll pass xD
If Ishida is announcing it, it probably has to do with the manga *fingers crossed*

Yeah most likely, if they ever continue the anime I really fucking hope they give it to a better studio.
Sep 15, 2014 10:12 PM

Apr 2012
I'm surprised. I expected him to milk the series by dragging it out with tonnes of filler.
Sep 15, 2014 10:33 PM

Oct 2013
Oddyeus said:
I'm surprised. I expected him to milk the series by dragging it out with tonnes of filler.

You're clearly not a manga reader.
Sep 15, 2014 11:20 PM

Sep 2008
I still don't understand why the sudden ending.
Well I think it's goodbye :(
It was fun while it lasted.
Sep 16, 2014 9:14 PM

Aug 2012
2sudden dfq
Sep 17, 2014 9:41 AM
Jun 2014
Omg this ending just sucks to the core!!:@@ Are they planning to make a continuation of the manga? Literally ends at the wrong place and time == could elaborate more about what happen and what's gonna happen what!!???? One word "Troll"
Sep 18, 2014 3:45 AM
Jul 2014
Ahahah...so funny! Trolling at its finest.
Fitting ending for the manga.
Sep 18, 2014 5:29 AM

Jan 2014
the mangaka said on twitter that he can't say anything but to wait till oct 11th
Sep 18, 2014 8:05 AM

Aug 2014
GreenBenjamin said:
the mangaka said on twitter that he can't say anything but to wait till oct 11th

If this is true, then there's no way it's ending. Obviously he would have confirmed it, no point in keeping an interest in the series that he concluded.

If this is really only a marketing strategy, then i salute him.
Sep 18, 2014 8:12 AM

Sep 2011
Maledict said:
GreenBenjamin said:

If this is true, then there's no way it's ending. Obviously he would have confirmed it, no point in keeping an interest in the series that he concluded.

If this is really only a marketing strategy, then i salute him.

Yeah it's not going to end like this. It would be downright cruel to end the manga like this. It's obvious that he's moving on to the second part and that is going to be announced on Oct. 11. If it happens that the announcement has nothing to do with the sequel for the manga, and the manga is indeed over. Then I will eat my own shoe.
Sep 18, 2014 8:36 AM

Jan 2014
Fullmetal89 said:
If it happens that the announcement has nothing to do with the sequel for the manga, and the manga is indeed over. Then I will eat my own shoe.

K, I'll come back to you in about three weeks. Might want to buy a pair of easily digestible shoes by then.
Sep 18, 2014 10:30 AM

Sep 2011
BeatzMe said:
Fullmetal89 said:
If it happens that the announcement has nothing to do with the sequel for the manga, and the manga is indeed over. Then I will eat my own shoe.

K, I'll come back to you in about three weeks. Might want to buy a pair of easily digestible shoes by then.

I'll get some non-chemically treated leather sandals, just incase...
Sep 18, 2014 6:13 PM
Oct 2011
i didnt even realize it was the ending :/ considering all the loose ends. hopefully therell be a time-skip/continuation
Sep 18, 2014 8:28 PM

Mar 2010
BeatzMe said:
Fullmetal89 said:

crocs are edible. Juuuusst saying.

But if that really is the end, I might join you on the shoe eating. There are just too many threads left hanging! I refuse to accept it.
Sep 18, 2014 9:25 PM
Feb 2013
Even if there is a sequel,
Sep 19, 2014 4:02 AM

Aug 2014
asi said:
Even if there is a sequel,

No, exactly the opposite.

Sep 20, 2014 4:20 AM

Dec 2009
At least there's season 2 to look forward to in January ^^
Sep 20, 2014 4:53 AM

Nov 2011
Vael said:
At least there's season 2 to look forward to in January ^^

Which has not been confirmed.

My Twitter : link
My Last.fm : link
Sep 20, 2014 9:41 AM
Dec 2012
What the hell was that ending? literally nothing was resolved. Kaneki, and Amon's fates left unknown. Hide also possibly dead. Anteiku fate left unknown. aogiri practically untouched. Like the hell. Gonna be so salty if no part two.
Sep 21, 2014 7:51 PM

Jun 2010
I can understand bad endings with long running manga e.g. Inuyasha but I think what angers me the most was that this manga was so good right up until the last five chapters or so. I was really emotionally invested into this series and especially the MC. I even bought 12 volumes of it to read in Japanese. This ending was like a backhand to the face with all the time, money, and emotion I invested. Guess I deserved it though for putting so much effort into a manga series? idk I just really liked the winding storyline and ethical implications but that all went to crap in the end. a big build-up for nothing
It's either bad vendetta writing or Ishida has some crazy sequel in the works. Either way I'll prob be bitter for eternity, nbd
Sep 21, 2014 7:54 PM

Sep 2011
I am gonna guess the author is gonna take time off to sort out this mess. I'm on the 100th chapter right now and I can tell you it does NOT have the same quality as earlier chapters had. The characters seem rushed, and the new characters + their encounters are mostly banal and cliched. I lost the feeling of immersion when Kaneki first became a Ghoul, as well as the clever references such as the Egg of the Black Goat and Kafka's Metamorphsis. The manga's quality is simply not the level it was in the beginning.
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Sep 22, 2014 7:12 AM
Jul 2013
[quote=Mearii]I can understand bad endings with long running manga e.g. Inuyasha but I think what angers me the most was that this manga was so good right up until the last five chapters or so. I was really emotionally invested into this series and especially the MC. I even bought 12 volumes of it to read in Japanese. This ending was like a backhand to the face with all the time, money, and emotion I invested. Guess I deserved it though for putting so much effort into a manga series? idk I just really liked the winding storyline and ethical implications but that all went to crap in the end. a big build-up for nothing
It's either bad vendetta writing or Ishida has some crazy sequel in the works. Either way I'll prob be bitter for eternity, nbd[/quote

Guys he won't write a sequel. The whole story was full of references to german literature. the quote "if you would write a story about me it would certanly be a tragedy" already told us that the maincharacter would die and the end would be depressing. the writer "dürrenmatt" only wrote tragedies, and his book(s) (i didn't read all of his books but i think that the ending is the same) are ending with the same kind of trolling end. Like allot of german literature stories.... And there is also a quite big reference to Kafka... And in Memormophosis (do i even write it correctly) the mc also dies (= transforming in insect)... I can go on for awhile but i think you get my point... And ishida sui did a great job by combining different german literatur (and problably more literature) into a badass manga which we enjoyed and he made the story understandable in that we lived with the character until the very end.... (Sorry for my bad grammer and stuff...)
Sep 22, 2014 11:34 AM
Mar 2011
No, in the message at the end of 139, is "the curtains rise on the tragedy". Kaneki's real tragedy hasn't even begun.
Sep 23, 2014 2:46 AM
Sep 2014
I think you guy are mis interpreting the term "tragedy" at least when we talk about kaneki. Every single time kaneki was at deaths door, having some flash back he has always excepted it and welcomed it with open arms. He wants death the whole point of a tragedy is the complete opposite, it isn't to get what you want. Kaneki is cursed with one thing "life" and the more time he spends in "life" the more tragic this story becomes.
Sep 24, 2014 12:17 PM

May 2011
If they wanted to make this ending with kaneki dead it would be fine. they just had to put a little more effort to look like an end. This "ending" we got just screams sequal or something like that. but thats just my opinion

Sep 27, 2014 11:08 PM
Mar 2014
Not sure if it's really ending, but the 'halfway' chapter number 72 doesn't really mean much. Knowing how mangakas work, I highly doubt that the story would have been planned out to the point where Ishida knew that he would be ending the story in another 71 chapters. It's more likely that he had already planned to cut the story into two series back then.
Sep 27, 2014 11:11 PM

Feb 2011
Stop bumping this thread guys because I always get deceived into believing that a sequel to the manga was announced.
Sep 28, 2014 1:43 PM

May 2014
TG was great ride, so

because part two will be epic !!

also

Sep 28, 2014 2:22 PM

Sep 2012
I'll just start to read when the announce in 11th oct appears. People said that the end wasn't good so i'll hope for a part 2
Sep 28, 2014 3:03 PM

May 2014
Allen42 said:
I'll just start to read when the announce in 11th oct appears. People said that the end wasn't good so i'll hope for a part 2

Ending was just like the beginning

Sep 28, 2014 3:05 PM

Dec 2013
Why does all good things have to end?
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Sep 29, 2014 2:54 AM
Dec 2013
Well, The anime was definately Dissapointing,
I wonder where i should start reading after watching the anime..
Sep 29, 2014 3:18 AM

Apr 2014
Sestivas said:
Well, The anime was definately Dissapointing,
I wonder where i should start reading after watching the anime..

Anime ends at chapter 66 but it'd be better to read it from the beginning.
Sep 29, 2014 8:17 AM
Mar 2014
Specifically, why do everyone seem to think that the anime was bad? While I didn't find it particularly good, it introduced me to the series and I can't figure out why it's getting so much hate. Is it because the manga was so much better?
Sep 29, 2014 10:43 AM

Jun 2011
nopeudon said:
Is it because the manga was so much better?

Yeah, it's the best shit ever. Read it right now. It's very mature. The anime is missing some serious character development and some of the fighting scenes are different.
Sep 29, 2014 10:54 AM
Aug 2014
I don't think the anime was bad but thing is, maybe they rushed it a bit too fast and I didn't feel the same about the mc in both the manga and the anime. In the anime, kaneki feels like a whimp (imo) almost until the end (that fight with Amon was more like "hit me til you understand, rather than "I'll hit you til you understand") and this bothered me even more than censorship.

That aside, they did a pretty good job covering 60+ chapters in 12 episodes. Even when they used shortcuts or messed with the time line, it stands on its own.
Sep 30, 2014 8:13 PM

Jul 2013
Why do people want sequels? I think the manga ended perfectly. How did you wanted it to end? An ending where everyone shakes hand and run off into the sunset? seriously....
Oct 1, 2014 9:00 AM

Sep 2011
kawaiigangster said:
Why do people want sequels? I think the manga ended perfectly. How did you wanted it to end? An ending where everyone shakes hand and run off into the sunset? seriously....

Because it didn't end perfectly. It was at the climax, there are way too many unanswered questions. Also there are a ton of hints hidden in the last chapter that point to a sequel. If it really does end like this it would be one of the worse endings in a long running series since Negima.
Oct 1, 2014 12:20 PM

May 2014
kawaiigangster said:
Why do people want sequels? I think the manga ended perfectly.

When something is astonishing, people don't want, they need more...
So do I...

kawaiigangster said:
How did you wanted it to end? An ending where everyone shakes hand and run off into the sunset? seriously....

Oct 2, 2014 8:18 AM
Oct 2012
Oh, take a look at the official site:
http://youngjump.jp/tokyoghoul/
Cover of volume 14 and zakki. Volume 14's cover is Kaneki.
And then it goes:
"... and more...!
Sui Ishida (:re and Tokyo Ghoul written in background)
... Start."
Sequel = Tokyo Ghoul:re?
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

» Manga 'Kakushite! Makina-san!!' Gets TV Anime in 2025

Vindstot - Yesterday

8 by RobertBobert »»
32 minutes ago

» 'Detective Conan' Creator's 'Yaiba' Manga Receives New Anime

Hyperion_PS - May 7

20 by Zedlin »»
4 hours ago

» Light Novel 'Izure Saikyou no Renkinjutsushi?' Gets TV Anime in Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

5 by Zedlin »»
4 hours ago

» 'Dungeon no Naka no Hito' Announces Additional Cast, Staff

2 by Zedlin »»
4 hours ago

» Manga 'Kujima Utaeba Ie Hororo' Receives Anime Adaptation

9 by RobertBobert »»
6 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.