Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Sep 11, 2014 1:50 PM

Apr 2013
brilliant episode.

atmosphere, tension,..
Sep 11, 2014 1:55 PM

Oct 2010
I will never forgive 12 fuck that traitor. You dont put a bitch you talk to like a couple times before somebody thats like your brother. Plus i knew the moment Lisa joined them she will fuck up everything.
Sep 11, 2014 1:58 PM

May 2013
Hmm, so the Rising Peace Academy launched the Athena Plan by giving the Children drugs that develop savant syndrome.
We, the people, already figured most of that out.
Nine and Twelve escaped The Settlement at a pretty young age. Not bad.

So Dr. Mamiya is the person who got Shibazaki demoted.
Everything's being connected now.

Dat OST while Twelve was deactivating bombs.
Noo, he told Five the location of the atomic bomb!
But Nine was already there to take the bomb away.
And Five suddenly faints due to the effects of the drugs.

I just hope all of them don't die yet. (T_T)
Also, what does Nine have in mind with that helium?
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Sep 11, 2014 2:00 PM
May 2012
WOW, just WOW
One of the best episodes that I've seen in this year!!
OST, direction, animation quality, atmoshpere, everything in this episode was perfect
Sep 11, 2014 2:04 PM

Sep 2010
I'm sad now that I know that the numbers won't have much longer to live. T^T

I just want Twelve and Lisa to be happy with the time he has left if he don't get killed.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Sep 11, 2014 2:06 PM
Mar 2013
this created a huge plothole

Sep 11, 2014 2:09 PM
Sep 2012
I think I am the only one who really isn't a fan of Lisa and Twelve right now. I have nothing but frustration towards Twelve. I am upset that he betrayed Nine twice for Lisa. I know he needed to save her life, but still. I don't really see the together romantically. I feel so bad for Nine who has no one right at the moment, Nine told Twelve not to get close and look what he did.

Five was right when she was talking to Twelve about him betraying Nine, I don't think Nine will forgive him and I don't think he should. I hope Twelve and Lisa are happy together. Pfft.
Sep 11, 2014 2:11 PM

Sep 2014
Dangoxx said:
I think I am the only one who really isn't a fan of Lisa and Twelve right now. I have nothing but frustration towards Twelve. I am upset that he betrayed Nine twice for Lisa. I know he needed to save her life, but still. I don't really see the together romantically. I feel so bad for Nine who has no one right at the moment, Nine told Twelve not to get close and look what he did.

Five was right when she was talking to Twelve about him betraying Nine, I don't think Nine will forgive him and I don't think he should. I hope Twelve and Lisa are happy together. Pfft.
Not fond of them together really either. I really want to see how Nine acts as a lone wolf.
Sep 11, 2014 2:14 PM
Oct 2013
Keten said:
Well I gotta say that there were some things I liked, others I didn't. My post is pretty long though so I'll keep it in a spoiler...

I agree with most of what you just said.. but I think that the reason why they "tried" to keep the fact that nine, twelve and five are dying a secret (bold in the quote)-because that's the idea of the show! Up until now, the thing that the show did the best was to "Tell us" what the show is aiming towards, without really reveal anything (Something like Clues, or rather Direction/Directing).

This episode was amazing, i really hope that Twelve x Lisa will be confirmed in the end.. Shipping them without any conclusion in the actual plot is kinda awkward...

I don't really see why you all hating, despite Five being Cliche and stereotypical.. I really liked her character for some reason.

The whole OST this episode was perfect, animation-especially in the Ferris wheel scene (and a few more) was fantastic as always.

I like both the first half of the episode-being shocked by the way Shibazaki was connected to this whole thing (poor Hamura), and the second half.. Both the disarming scene and the School scenes were fantastic (although the FBI/police/government Soldiers are dumb as hell).

This show is one of my favorites this summer, i hope this show will end with a big "BANG", then my hopes for this one will be fulfilled.

5/5 This time, cant wait for the next one (and i really do hope they wont mess up), only 2 episodes left. ;_;
J-SamaSep 11, 2014 2:43 PM
Sep 11, 2014 2:16 PM

Jul 2013
God only 2 episodes left?? I really don't want this series to end :(

The scene where 12's disarming the bomb is bloody amazing, I was at the edge of my seat during its entirety. So happy Lisa didn't get hurt <3

Still, I really think there's going to be a major protagonist death before this season is over.

Any thoughts? Anyone think either 12, 9 or god forbid Lisa will die by episode 11?
The best anime is the Road to El Dorado
Sep 11, 2014 2:25 PM

Jun 2014
12 talking to Lisa in the ferris wheel was actually precious.

I hate to give this episodes point to 5, but she did make a lose-lose situation again.

If only this anime were 50 episodes instead of 13, making the plot able to go a lot deeper and have more twists and suspense, then Zankyou no Terror would be the only anime to surpass Monster on my list. Though, this is still 10/10 worthy so far
Sep 11, 2014 2:30 PM
Oct 2011
Good soundtrack this episode, well, everything about this episode was really good.
Particularly, the scene with Twelve defusing the bombs on Lisa's vest had really good music. The more I watch of this show, the more it makes me sad that this only has 11 episodes... :/
Why must the anime with really really good stories be so short lived?
Sep 11, 2014 2:38 PM
Oct 2013
JD2411 said:

They began they're "job" as Test subjects before they were 9.. something around 3-4 probably. Meaning that they stayed at the Institution and the drug just kept being successfully used on them cause they were effected from him in the first place. Then 5-6 years have passed and they ran away.. That's it.. not much of a Plothole ther :/
Sep 11, 2014 2:41 PM

Nov 2011
Keten said:
Well I gotta say that there were some things I liked, others I didn't. My post is pretty long though so I'll keep it in a spoiler...

^Pretty much everything I think of the episode. Nice post.

I personally don't think it would have made much logical sense for Five to kill Twelve had he not told her where the bomb is, but given that she's pretty solidly a cliché villain now, it wouldn't surprise me.

JD2411 said:

Sep 11, 2014 2:41 PM

Nov 2013
Feels like it's been a few episodes since I've had anything positive to contribute to this series, but by god the direction this episode was masterful. Thoroughly enjoyed, gripping from start to finish.
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Sep 11, 2014 2:49 PM
Oct 2012
I LOVED this episode. If they keep this brilliance up, amazing.

However, I think Five does very sick games to get people to commit to her demands like jigsaw. Would you or would you not? They might have avoided the bomb exploding from the plane had it not been intervened. But thanks to Shibazaki, that plan went to shit.

She's an extremist and the only way to avoid the bomb would have been to give themselves up and tell where the bomb was, like how this bomb acted on Lisa and Twelve. They wouldn't hand her that much jurisdiction but show that she's not playing around either, reminiscing on episode 5.

We see 5's motive near the very end where she hauled the police's ass to get that plutonium.

I wouldn't like the idea of them revealing the time and such, because we would all assume they're bad guys and trying to hurt the public so when they reveal they aren't trying to kill anyone, the tension would dip but now with two episodes left, really, NO TIME LEFT for the viewer or us.

There must be something for Twelve and Lisa. However, what becomes of them later.
Sep 11, 2014 2:49 PM

Dec 2013
Absolutely fantastic episode. Seriously, I was starting to lose my faith in the series since it didn't really seem to be moving forward, and since we still didn't know that much about the background or what was really driving the plot. This episode, however, finally gave us a lot. Now we know about Nine, Twelve, and Five's time during the experiment and why they're so smart. Savant syndrome was a really nice inclusion that made things a bit more realistic to me. We also know that Nine and Twelve stole an atomic bomb instead of plutonium, and that Five is after it. Her actions make a bit more sense now, though there is surely more to it.

This series has had two of my favorite scenes in anime ever. The first was Lisa and Twelve on the motorcycle when she asks "are you going to destroy the whole world?" The second was the scene on the ferris wheel. The music and the dialogue, as well as the scene itself, was just perfect.

Excited yet terrified to see how this series will end. Two more episodes!
Sep 11, 2014 2:52 PM

Jun 2014
Anyone got a reason why twelve just couldn't lie about the location of the bomb?
Thought not, cause there isn't one.
Sep 11, 2014 3:09 PM

Aug 2014
it was great, ended too quickly
Sep 11, 2014 3:10 PM

Apr 2011
This anime is so fucking awesome. The music was just amazing in this episode it just fits perfectly.
5/5
Sep 11, 2014 3:16 PM
Sep 2013
That Ost. Twelve sold out nine but Lisa would be dead so his hands were tied more backstory on them.
Sep 11, 2014 3:16 PM
Mar 2014
Man I wish that bomb blew up
Or Twelve escaped and Lisa blew up
Or something

These scenes are the epitome of cliche, and I highly doubt Lisa is going to play a bigger role after this episode. She only served as a damselle in distress so that Five could find the bomb... Which is stupid because she obviously has the man power to just outright capture Nine and Twelve. I understand she wants to play with them, but she's just way too.. "anime" for this show. Up until Five this show was fantastic and at least somewhat realistic.
Sep 11, 2014 3:18 PM

Oct 2013
Going back to side effects of the drug, somewhere in one of the episodes, Nine experienced a splitting headache (it was shown to us as a very high pitched noise) and I would take a gander that would be his affected sign.

For Five's undying obsession for mostly Nine it seems, it was said that she could have escaped the institute as well, but it seems she chose not to. Rather shown in one of Nine's nightmares, I think she may have killed/blown up some of the other kids trying to escape (I mean, I'm sure those 2 weren't the only ones thinking of escaping) Her reason being is she may found an opponent (Nine) she could go all out/ play with since apparently only those 3 (Five, Nine, and Twelve) made it out of the institute alive. It seems that Five is interested in living life as a game, in which she can crush her opponents to a peachy pulp.

In unrelated news, I daresay one of those kids at the institute looks like a theoretical child Lisa.

All in all, really liking all of the music choices and timing in this episode.
Sep 11, 2014 3:23 PM

Jun 2010
Twelve you dumb shit... wtf.
Sep 11, 2014 3:30 PM

May 2013
This episode was amazing... great use of the OST, some very needed background info on Nine and Twelve and a beautiful(yet predictable) scene with Lisa once again.
*Faith in the anime restored*
Sep 11, 2014 3:32 PM

Jun 2014
This episode was fucking brilliant. Intensity, Betrayal, Action, Undertone of Romance, Great Soundtrack as well. 5/5
Sep 11, 2014 3:36 PM

Jun 2008
So because of the experiments... 5, 9 and 12 are not going to live much more time:(
Well I was hoping 12 could make some babies with his waifu Lisa, damnit.
Twelve basically confessed his feelings to her. He just did not say the words "But I...fell in love with you" but GOD his EYES said it and the best of it? Lisa got it:D
Now excuse me while I'm going to rewatch this beautiful heart aching scene and sob hard because of Hisalisa feels. The feels...right on the kokoro. Hope Nine forgives him.

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Sep 11, 2014 3:43 PM

May 2012
Fantastic episode.
Sep 11, 2014 3:48 PM

Jan 2014
Great episode.
Sep 11, 2014 3:49 PM

Aug 2009
Beautiful. Absolutely beautiful. The OST was amazing as well.
Sep 11, 2014 3:57 PM
Jun 2012
am i the only one that feels lisa is totally worthless. she frreakin pisses me off. its like 9 and 12 were too overpowering so they had to put a useless element to even out the odds. cant believe he betrayed 9 twice and did five die or did she just passed out. because i think they are all dying arent they because of what the old man said.
Sep 11, 2014 3:58 PM

May 2013
Chabe said:
Anyone got a reason why twelve just couldn't lie about the location of the bomb?

If Twelve had lied about it, Five would have him and Lisa killed afterwards.
Sep 11, 2014 4:02 PM

Jun 2014
ph4zoN said:
Chabe said:

If Twelve had lied about it, Five would have him and Lisa killed afterwards.

Ha, that's funny. No.
Sep 11, 2014 4:32 PM

May 2010
12 is a traitor, disappointed...
Sep 11, 2014 4:48 PM
Jul 2014
12 you damn traitor! UGH, so mad! I hope 9 never forgives this fool.
Sep 11, 2014 5:01 PM

Jul 2014
Niceeeeeeee episode!!!
Original Anime is great ... spoiler don't go anywhere

That OST .... the feels ....
Sep 11, 2014 5:03 PM

Apr 2009
So, I'm guessing this has been brought up before, but in the flashbacks to the institute there's a little kid that resembles Lisa a lot. Like, a whole lot.

I think it's pretty safe to say that this is Nine, because why else would he get so much screen time. And he's shown standing next to Twelve and was in that escape scene in one of the previous flashbacks as well. Of course, the resemblance could be a total coincidence, but let's be honest, it's probably not (and it would be lazy character design if it were). That brings up the question whether or not Nine and Lisa are related. And if they are, in what way? (I feel like this has been discussed before elsewhere. My apologies if it has) And if Dr. Mamiya turns out to be Lisa's father (which is pretty likely), then that would mean Lisa actually does have some relevance to the overall plot (which is way better than just being a simple plot device).

Oh, and man, those feels during that ferris wheel scene T^T But what got me more was how totally broken Twelve looked after realising he had betrayed Nine a second time.
Sep 11, 2014 5:07 PM

Oct 2012
Excellent episode! That Ferris wheel disarming scene was one on the most intense scene I have seen in anime. Great background music. Great character developement. Somehow this one reminded me of Monster.

Now I am very interested in what happenes next. Five stayed longer in the Institute than them. She took more lethal dose of drug. Her end is near, though it's not this time. Confrontation is coming. It seems she always envy them that they got away.

Guess this will end like Blade Runner: "How long we have left? We don't know. But we should enjoy every last of it."
Sep 11, 2014 5:08 PM

Dec 2013
Intense episode. Pretty cool that they decided to make the guy who ended up ruining Shibazaki the same person who's messing up shet now :|

Bloody hell. That ferris wheel scene was beautiful. And that OST = never ending eargasm.
Honestly, so over the whole damsel-in-distress thing Lisa has going on x_x
And Twelve. ARRRGH. Why. Just why. Was never a fan of the whole Twelve x Lisa pairing to begin with, but still. So annoying that he's letting a girl come between him and Nine. Looks like Nine is flying solo now :(
I'm sure there must have been a better way to do things.
Blowing up stuff by day. Going home to Mai Waifu Lisa by night. Balance, man, balance.

Pretty evident that Five was dying. Generally, in anime, migraines/nose bleeds signal imminent death. But Nine and Twelve too? Nooooo ;_;

Other than that, a pretty wicked episode. Hopefully they'll maintain this quality for the last 2 episodes (last 2 :'( )

Nero-chi said:
In unrelated news, I daresay one of those kids at the institute looks like a theoretical child Lisa.

^^I know right??? And in the end, Lisa was the mastermind behind it all...
KawaiiSenpaiiSep 11, 2014 7:30 PM
Sep 11, 2014 5:11 PM

Jul 2014
That songggggg, ahhh. Is Lisa even going to matter at all? Don't really like her. Thought she would somehow play a bigger role in all this this. Nine probably knew what would happen.
Sep 11, 2014 5:23 PM

Oct 2013
drugs, human experiment, death and bastard people, even Shibazaki mentioned about Auschwitz, and i just remember about Unit 731

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unit_731
Sep 11, 2014 5:25 PM

Mar 2014
God that 20 minutes went by fast.
MAL: A community that thinks every anime is bad, but rates everything a 7/10.
Sep 11, 2014 5:30 PM

Jun 2013
KaedeKyl9 said:
drugs, human experiment, death and bastard people, even Shibazaki mentioned about Auschwitz, and i just remember about Unit 731

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unit_731

An interesting find!
Sep 11, 2014 5:37 PM

May 2014
I personally found this episode both beautiful and tragic.
Oscar and Andre deserved better
Sep 11, 2014 5:38 PM
Jul 2013
Why the fuck did Five pass while crying? someone wants Mr. Nine
Sep 11, 2014 5:48 PM

Aug 2011
Twelve didn't follow the bro code. Bros before hoes, man!

The ferris wheel scene kept me on the edge of my seat. I was practically screaming at my screen: "Don't kill my OTP!" Dat insert song was really fitting.
Sep 11, 2014 5:50 PM

May 2010
OTP moment. Thank you very much. <3

Again, this episode only lasted about 5 mins for me, I had to check and make sure it was a 21 min video for realz.

Loving this series, just hope the ending doesn't disappoint. >.<
"Wait for the signal, and I'll meet you after dark"
Sep 11, 2014 6:00 PM

Jan 2009
you learn something new everyday, and today we learn about savant syndrome, but damn 5,9,12 will die soon because of that experimental drug

this whole episode is an info dump and i love it
Sep 11, 2014 6:33 PM
Jun 2013
Nine shota bears a resemblance to Lisa O.o
Sep 11, 2014 6:48 PM

Mar 2012
Kept me at the edge of my seat that ferris wheel part.
Pages (9) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Zankyou no Terror Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 14, 2014

380 by Yavicci »»
Apr 24, 10:59 AM

Poll: » Zankyou no Terror Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2014

866 by Pain »»
Apr 21, 7:47 PM

» Boring

egosumjohn - Aug 30, 2023

22 by Pain »»
Apr 21, 7:38 PM

Poll: » Zankyou no Terror Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 7, 2014

448 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 14, 2:43 PM

Poll: » Zankyou no Terror Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Naruleach - Jul 5, 2014

422 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 14, 2:24 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.