Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 6, 2014 4:55 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ah, we get a TV showcase this episode. I guess that means our idols are getting a bit popular now since they are on national TV. I'm not a fan of their suits though. The colors are just ....:/

The song in this episode was better than I had thought.
Sep 6, 2014 12:12 PM

Apr 2014
I LOLed at Miss Monochrome. That animation. I kinda liked her music, actually. And isn't that enka song the one Kakeru was singing with his friends before?
Me half the episode: Wtf am I watching

It was worth it to see the boys perform my favorite song though. It was so flippin cute and their choreography was the same as their predecessors too which was fitting.
IT WAS PERFECT. I had a massive grin the whole time.

I wish Shounen Hollywood was real

Edit: Oh. I didn't know Miss Monochrome was an actual thing.
LOADSep 6, 2014 5:56 PM
Sep 6, 2014 12:31 PM

Sep 2008
Miss Monochrome ♥
Sep 6, 2014 12:41 PM
Jul 2018
I think that Miss Monochrome's song and music was the best part of all in this episode.
Sep 6, 2014 2:24 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Did anyone see Makki make a peace sign on camera in the back? XD And whoever that was sitting next to him (I think Kira) made him stop lol. Quite realistic actually, kpop idols sometimes do that at the end of music shows.

Anyways, I really liked this episode, although we were just watching a show, reminds me of the play episode. They can get pretty creative sometimes. Also reminds me of a certain episode in Ergo Proxy. I don't really care for vocaloids all that much, but Miss Monochrome's song was cute and I liked her dance. ShoHolly was cute too of course. Dang so much animation though this episode due to all that dancing in the performances. Kou's song was nice too, I'm not familiar with this VA, but he should get more opportunities to sing. The enka was very soulful. Reviving my interest in enka since I used to listen to Taiwanese enka when I was younger X)

This episode felt like it went by pretty quick.
tingySep 6, 2014 2:27 PM
Sep 6, 2014 2:44 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Different types of idol performances at Tokimeki Music Room. All of them were pretty good, except for Chieri's "Cherry Chance." That was plain awful.
So, she won't/can't talk to people but is able to sing just fine? Cool!~

Of course, Miss Monochrome's "This Story is Mine Alone" made the episode for me. But Shounen Hollywood's performance was surprisingly good!

Aside that, Daisuke's "Mishima City Limits" made me chuckle a bit, especially his gestures while he sang.

Kou trying to show off his coolness as a solo idol was pretty funny too, but I guess he overdid it a little. His performance was good though.

Overall, decent episode. If I had to rank the performances, Miss Monochrome would take 1st, followed by Shounen Hollywood and Kou.

Sep 6, 2014 4:44 PM

Mar 2012
Wut? Monochrome in this episode? Is that okay to appear in the episode? Isn't it copyrighted? o_O The song was good =)
Cherry's song was kinda disappointing.
Shounen Hollywood song wasn't bad, was kinda decent.
Lol at that Enka. Meh, kinda decent too.
Kou's song was... well, not bad at all.

Decent episode.
Sep 6, 2014 4:44 PM

Aug 2010
Rofl, basically a condensed Music Station hahaha pretty refreshing watching an anime music station hahaha

Miss Monochrome really caught me off guard though o_O;
Sep 6, 2014 5:18 PM
Apr 2012
Well that was one painfully awkward episode to watch lol I guess I'm just too old for this entertainment shows stuff :-P
Sep 6, 2014 9:45 PM
Jul 2018
There wasn't much progress in this episode.. and without the usual philosophical lines which makes it feel like missing something XD
It's just like watching Music Station or Music Japan, very realistic. I like ShoHari's performance! And I think I prefer Eien never ever more than Hello Sekai..
I quite like Kou's song as well. And his talk during the preview of next episode.. LOL
Sep 7, 2014 1:48 AM

Mar 2013
Hey that was super fun! I loved most of the songs, and we got to see Miss Monochrome again!
What the hell with that woman.... Chieri, I think? Why she didn't talk? That was awkward as fuck to be honest, lmfao.
I hope Shounen Hollywood gets more popular with their presence in a TV show.
Sep 7, 2014 8:54 AM

May 2012
I was surprised with this episode but I really love Shounen Hollywoods performance and even watched it three times! Hehe. I hope they will get more popular.
Sep 7, 2014 1:14 PM

Oct 2013
b1GZZ said:
Wut? Monochrome in this episode? Is that okay to appear in the episode? Isn't it copyrighted?
her appearance actually makes sense as this episode was outsourced to studio sanzigen
Sep 7, 2014 5:37 PM

Oct 2011
Miss Monchrome <333 Loved her song

ShoHolly OMG <333 Beautiful.

Dat Enka. Very soothing.

Kou. Just wow <33

Cheri was alright.

Great episode !!1
Sep 7, 2014 5:43 PM
Jun 2012
Really liked this. I expected them to go on a show like this, even that this was what Kou arranged at the end of last episode. But I was surprised they did the entire episode like it was an episode of that show. It did take focus away from the main characters ofc.

Brobot said:
b1GZZ said:
Wut? Monochrome in this episode? Is that okay to appear in the episode? Isn't it copyrighted?
her appearance actually makes sense as this episode was outsourced to studio sanzigen

That's interesting. Was because there is so much animation? There was a lot of it, especially for a show with a smaller budget. Even if it didn't always work out. Kou's hands kept changing size.

yukishiromei said:

What the hell with that woman.... Chieri, I think? Why she didn't talk? That was awkward as fuck to be honest, lmfao.

Yes, was that supposed to be her gimmick or hint at something else? I don't think everyone knows this, but the group she is supposed to be an ex member of is a real group., and they do have names like that.

Miss Monochrome is is a real fictional vocaloid like thing, so I guess that in this shows world, she's like a real vocaloid?
Sep 7, 2014 10:24 PM

May 2012
... Monochrome-san, we meet again. Siiiigh.

I wasn't too huge on this episode. It felt like they didn't want to get to the debut yet and ran out of things for our idols to figure out about the business so we the viewers got this episode instead.
At least the boys sound better than they did before? But it's not a huge improvement.

I guess this episode is just further proof that Funi didn't pick up JUST 'good' shows this season.
Sep 8, 2014 2:46 PM

Oct 2013
Helpme said:
That's interesting. Was because there is so much animation? There was a lot of it, especially for a show with a smaller budget. Even if it didn't always work out. Kou's hands kept changing size.
more likely due to schedule issues
but yeah, the dances lacked polish. understandable as rotoscoping takes a lot of time and effort to look good
Sep 10, 2014 1:17 PM

Jul 2011
Wow, this show has pretty good budget. Surprised they kept it 2D. Look at that dancing, the fluid movement! (But choppy/unpolished animation, haha.)
But it's episodes like this that really make me love this show! It's so unique!

The first two were painful to watch... but Shounen Hollywood was fun! Though the dancing is awkward at times, like it always is in Jpop/Kpop choreography. (The animation was a bit awkward too though, at some parts.)
The last performance by Kou had me charmed with his voice (and the way his mouth moves, what), haha. (Lol at teasing the host!) XD

I started this show to see actual performances like the one they did this episode. Loved it and wish they had more. :D
Sep 10, 2014 3:03 PM

Jan 2008
HiyuuT said:
Rofl, basically a condensed Music Station hahaha pretty refreshing watching an anime music station hahaha

Miss Monochrome really caught me off guard though o_O;

exactly that, I loved this episode because it was just like Music Station

Chieri's song sounded like it was from the ninties, early 2000's though.
So did shounen hollywoods, but that makes sense.
The dance was weird, even for idol standards xD But the outifts... reminded me so much of Arashi's outfits in endless Game <3 though I'd shift the colours around for matching personalities xD
And really a pity they only showed part of the enka song :(
Sep 10, 2014 8:04 PM

Jul 2012
whoa weird. most of the comments for this episode is pretty positive but dat poll result

I'll lean more towards a 4/5 although I had to skip Miss Monochrome, the Cherry girl and the old guy. I wish they cut the lengths of those performances. Even Shounen Hollywood's was pretty long.

Kou is cool, although his voice is too nasaly for my tastes ^^;
Sep 13, 2014 6:42 PM

Dec 2012
Loved this episode. What's with these poll results, lol
Sep 14, 2014 5:00 AM

Dec 2013
I like the part when ms.monochrome performed, Im actually not familiar with her and it's my first time seeing her and I honestly enjoyed her song idkw

★━━─
𝘏𝘰𝘸 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘐 𝘣𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘱𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘺 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵?
𝘞𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘐 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘪𝘵 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘥𝘢𝘺?

Sep 14, 2014 11:14 PM
Jan 2014
MONMONWAIFUUUUU ;3;
moving on.
Sep 28, 2014 1:40 PM

Nov 2007
That was pretty unique approach to anime episode so i really enjoyed it (i wish enka song was longer tho)
Oct 5, 2014 8:52 AM

May 2010
This was weird. Miss monochrome had a full performance. And then there was this Chieri girl, who had a really realistic design. Enka times. And Oh, I liked Kou's song. Shounen Holleywood had a nice performance, too.

I don't know what I just watched. All I know, it was animated nicely.

In the end, I still liked it. Would never watch something like this again... most likely.
Nov 17, 2014 5:10 AM

Jun 2011
This is the first episode I don't like. I don't know anything about Music Station of Music Japan or whatever, so I don't care, and seriously, all of them performed and they showed the full performance? That's a waste of time to be honest, for me at least. Damn. I want my 20 minutes back. -_-

otaku-mybrain said:
There wasn't much progress in this episode.. and without the usual philosophical lines which makes it feel like missing something XD
I agree. This episode felt empty.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Jan 27, 2018 6:58 AM

Jun 2016
Anyone can tell me the Kou's song name in Japaness? Thank for advance!
Naitou-kun is the best boy!
Jun 29, 2023 11:52 PM

Feb 2020
Not so interesting episode, but it was good to see Miss Monochrome. She's so cute. <3

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shounen Hollywood: Holly Stage for 49 Episode 13 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 27, 2014

25 by Serafos »»
Jul 3, 2023 12:48 AM

Poll: » Shounen Hollywood: Holly Stage for 49 Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2014

14 by Serafos »»
Jul 2, 2023 2:51 AM

Poll: » Shounen Hollywood: Holly Stage for 49 Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2014

22 by Serafos »»
Jul 1, 2023 2:45 AM

Poll: » Shounen Hollywood: Holly Stage for 49 Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2014

16 by Serafos »»
Jun 29, 2023 2:33 AM

Poll: » Shounen Hollywood: Holly Stage for 49 Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 23, 2014

15 by Serafos »»
Jun 27, 2023 2:46 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.