Forum Settings
Forums
New
Sep 2, 2014 7:11 PM

Aug 2014
I"m not gonna expect many replies... since Im looking for something that may not even exist....
I'm looking for a cute moeish show... along the lines of K-on, lucky star, or something like that. I want it to have that sort of tone.... but... I want to see death in it. It doesn't have to be action... I could be a drama... it could be a serious anime, or an anime that's just action... but little moe girls dying... that's what I wanna see.

Sounds pretty sick, but yea... I wanna see what kind of contrast that does to the moe genre which is characterized by incessant cuteness and innocence.

Don't recommend elfen lied or ga rei zero... already seen them... and they're not moe really
Sep 2, 2014 7:14 PM

Jul 2013
Higurashi no Naku Koro ni
only one I can think of that's close to this
Sep 2, 2014 7:14 PM

Jul 2011
Higurashi
Corpse party
Sep 2, 2014 7:16 PM

Jul 2014
Higurashi
Black Bullet - these are mainly lolis though

And there was a way worse thread, it had picture demonstrations of OPs request....and was title way less subtly.
Sep 2, 2014 7:22 PM

Aug 2014
xRatatosk said:
Higurashi
Black Bullet - these are mainly lolis though

And there was a way worse thread, it had picture demonstrations of OPs request....and was title way less subtly.

I've heard of both... and seeing lolis kill would be pretty cool to watch
Sep 2, 2014 7:26 PM

Aug 2014
AnimeHonor said:
wtf is wrong with you?

I wanna see how they would pull of the dynamics of a death scene in a show that's cute colorful and happy.. Imagine if one of the girls in K-on died... how would they depict that?
Sep 2, 2014 7:27 PM

Aug 2014
bree-nee said:

I do plan to see it... but what I'm really looking for is something with a fun, happy, upbeat tone. like a moe... however, with death in it. Higurashi sounds like a very dark anime. I still want it to be sugary and fun... but with characters dying
Sep 2, 2014 7:30 PM

Jul 2014
silversongwriter said:
bree-nee said:

I do plan to see it... but what I'm really looking for is something with a fun, happy, upbeat tone. like a moe... however, with death in it. Higurashi sounds like a very dark anime. I still want it to be sugary and fun... but with characters dying

It is really fun and cute, it has a TON of happy moments, and puts you into a sense of like how can shit go wrong here? Then a bunch of death happens.

The way it's set up, bad shit starts to happen towards the end of each Arc, but the first couple of episodes are usually lighthearted.
Sep 2, 2014 7:40 PM

Aug 2011
Blood-C. Which sucks by the way.

» Escapism.

Sep 2, 2014 8:00 PM

Aug 2014
nucleon said:
Well, OP is asking for main spoiler lol. Let's say there's only one main cute character...

Ano Hana
Cross Game
Umineko
Graves of Fireflies
Tokyo M8.0
Another

I've seen anohana, tokyo m8.0, and grave of the fireflies... I plant to watch another. And I might check out umineko
Sep 2, 2014 8:01 PM

Aug 2014
YumeKagami said:
Maybe try Corpse Party? I wouldn't really say the characters are cute though and the ones that might be don't even die in the first place.

It looks agoreable
Sep 2, 2014 8:28 PM

Jun 2010
Where's that certain thread from that poor disturbed little bastard that popped up a while ago...
Oh here, found it:
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1258937&show=0
Have fun.
Sep 2, 2014 8:40 PM

Aug 2014
xbobx said:
Where's that certain thread from that poor disturbed little bastard that popped up a while ago...
Oh here, found it:
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1258937&show=0
Have fun.

Well I'm not nessasarilly looking for gore and guts and stuff. After all, if someone recommended Anohana.. that would have counted as what I'm looking for. It could be gory, or sad, or actiony.. I just wanna see how the work the dynamics of a death scene in something so sugary and sweet.

This guy's just fucking weird
Sep 2, 2014 8:47 PM

Jun 2014
Quit talking to these people and go watch Higurashi.

Edit: And it is cute and fun, just look at that avatar pic over there <-
Sep 2, 2014 9:26 PM

Aug 2014
Clayten said:
Quit talking to these people and go watch Higurashi.

Edit: And it is cute and fun, just look at that avatar pic over there <-

Just saw episode one... it's pretty good. I'm loving it so far
Sep 2, 2014 9:28 PM

Jul 2014
You got 54 more episodes to go, have fun.
Sep 2, 2014 9:54 PM

Aug 2014
xRatatosk said:

I like long series... I get sad when it's only 12 episodes and I want more
Sep 2, 2014 10:32 PM

Jun 2014
xRatatosk said:

Not to mention the 4 OVA's of after the story. Which im about to watch myself!
Sep 2, 2014 10:36 PM

Jul 2014
Well I included Rei, but Kira and the Comedy ones I didn't watch, because they don't sound that great :/
Sep 2, 2014 10:39 PM

Aug 2014
xRatatosk said:
Well I included Rei, but Kira and the Comedy ones I didn't watch, because they don't sound that great :/

Ga rei zero would have been a perfect exmaple.. it was very moving
Sep 2, 2014 10:41 PM

Jul 2014
I meant Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Rei haha.

It goes: Ni, Kai, Rei then there are spin offs/side stories. One of them is Kira, the other ones are some sort of Comedy ones from what I understand.
Sep 2, 2014 11:22 PM

Jun 2014
xRatatosk said:

It goes: Ni, Kai, Rei then there are spin offs/side stories. One of them is Kira, the other ones are some sort of Comedy ones from what I understand.

Dont you want to see them having fun and being free from the curse! It's everything they've worked for
Sep 2, 2014 11:29 PM

Jul 2014
http://myanimelist.net/anime/9756/Mahou_Shoujo_Madoka%E2%98%85Magica maybe? I haven't seen it yet but I've heard there are some deaths.
Sep 2, 2014 11:33 PM

Jul 2014
Clayten said:
xRatatosk said:

Dont you want to see them having fun and being free from the curse! It's everything they've worked for

No they aren't allowed to have fun >:( only misery. Jk.
Sep 2, 2014 11:42 PM

Apr 2009
Gakkou Gurashi! is the first thing that came to mind. Cute girls doing cute stuff while in a zombie apocalypse. It may not sound that great, but trust me, it's heartbreakingly tragic. It's getting an anime pretty soon, but in the meantime you could check out the manga.
Sep 3, 2014 10:32 AM

Apr 2014
Higurashi: watch episode 21, 6:12 onwards for a few minutes. It doesnt spoil the story at all. And you get to see

My absolute favourite scene. Just watch it. Please. Before anything else. You will have something to look forward to (if you are a world-class twisted sociopath)(which I am now)
if you run you get faster to your location

have a nice day
- FALL3RE
Sep 3, 2014 10:36 AM

Aug 2014
Praland said:
Higurashi
Corpse party

What's cute about CP? like whut?
Sep 5, 2014 11:34 AM

Oct 2013
Exerorg said:
http://myanimelist.net/anime/9756/Mahou_Shoujo_Madoka%E2%98%85Magica maybe? I haven't seen it yet but I've heard there are some deaths.

Would have said that too, since it has a dark twist to it, but I saw he/she already watched it.

What about C³? It starts out all light and "kawaii" but has its dark tone too, but meh I dont know..didnt really like it nor finished it. Lol
<3
Sep 5, 2014 12:13 PM

Aug 2014
Gwendolly said:
Exerorg said:

Would have said that too, since it has a dark twist to it, but I saw he/she already watched it.

What about C³? It starts out all light and "kawaii" but has its dark tone too, but meh I dont know..didnt really like it nor finished it. Lol

Corpse party has like 1 cute moeish girl in it :p like whut?
Sep 5, 2014 12:44 PM

Aug 2014
Gwendolly said:
Exerorg said:

I guess it's sort of like higurashi... which I have watched after everyone recommended it
Sep 10, 2014 10:47 AM

Oct 2013
IAmLoudness said:
Gwendolly said:

Corpse party has like 1 cute moeish girl in it :p like whut?

No,no.. I meant C³= CubexCursedxCurious
<3
Sep 10, 2014 11:15 AM
KDE Plasma

Jun 2012
Higurashi and being limited to the gore scenes ?

Only about the gore you will not like it, but if you really try to understand the story, that will makes it entertaining :D

The story is very complex .

Back to Topic :

If you only want to see loly's are murdered then you should watch Elfen Lied. Even though there is alot more in the show.

More topics from this board

» Anime/ Manga to binge

theD00mGuy - May 1

7 by mo_lave »»
6 minutes ago

» Anime or Manga that kinda sucks but you can't stop watching/reading?

isseixkoneko - 5 hours ago

9 by Ey3for_D3tail »»
1 hour ago

» Girls with guns and knives

LoveYourEyes - Apr 22

29 by LoveYourEyes »»
3 hours ago

» Anime that shows brother and sister bathing together?

Gfralp - 8 hours ago

3 by Gaurxv »»
7 hours ago

» Anime/Manga that revolves around Rain Theem

BroDa2545 - Yesterday

4 by JoeChip »»
8 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.