Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 3, 2016 1:43 AM

Jan 2015
Balious said:
The one thing that annoyed me in this episode. Was Hajime and Tsugumi. I am on Hajime's side for the fact the person pulling the string goes to hell as well, but I'm sure he does know about this yet doesnt say anything like that which actually likely stopped people more often.
I can see where Tsugumi is coming from but that whole argument could of easily been avoided. While I can see where shes coming from I also disagree as the person pulling the string is still ending up a murderer them self.

I am absolutely infuriated at how Tsugumi completely disregarded her friend's soul, that if she had pulled the string, she would have gone to hell as well.
Jan 29, 2016 9:25 AM
Jan 2016
The thing is the string is kind of like the death note, but instead of it always being used at least once
(cause you can only use the doll once) the string will always be pulled eventually it may just not be shown.
Mar 20, 2016 12:53 PM

Mar 2015
Did we just get an open ending? Wat.

Hajime is getting annoying by prying into other people's business. Look at what he had done. Now that girl's life is a living hell.

May 1, 2016 5:03 AM

Feb 2015
Hey, hey, what is this dumb as snail reporter doing?

I'm sure if say, someone brutally murdered his daughter in front of him or indirectly killed her, he'll want to seek revenge... maybe not through hell link but by other means, damn hypocrite.

At least his daughter is more open minded to the process, if someone wants to send someone to hell faster and suffer when their time comes, then he has no right to stop them.
Sep 29, 2016 3:02 PM

Apr 2016
I can understand people not liking Hajime's "Revenge is meaningless" thing. But siding with Hell Girl's way? Condemning both yourself and another person to hell?

*sigh*... People.
Jan 7, 2017 5:25 PM

Sep 2013
The reporter is NOT good at arguing his point. You'd think, as a journalist, he'd be better with his words. He never even points out that the person who pulls the red string is sent to Hell themselves. He could have told his daughter that if that the you girl had pulled the thread, she'd never see her father again in the afterlife. He could have told her that the bad guy would go to Hell some day anyway. He could have told her that the best revenge is living a great life despite everything the rotten person had done to destroy her happiness. All he did is say stuff like there's stuff that happens in life and you can't want revenge cause you just gotta get over it....BLECH!

No wonder he doesn't have a steady reporter job.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Mar 18, 2017 10:39 AM

Apr 2009
No Enma Ai's Kimono. :(
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 18, 2017 10:45 AM

Apr 2009
No Enma Ai's Kimono. :(
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 31, 2017 6:10 AM

May 2015
Tsumugi finally get bitchslapped.

Poor Yuko.

I wonder about other straw dolls. Why Ai only use old man?
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Jun 15, 2017 9:17 AM

Jan 2015
Not sure if people who say she should've pulled the string really understand what it means.He is a horrible person yes but its just like many other people? the more people you encounter the more bad ones you'll see. YOu cant send all of them to hell now can you? YOu have to deal with them yourself instead of relying on someone to send them to hell. Or do you really think that those people in earlier episodes who pulled the string and sent so called bad people to hell won't discover more awful people as they live? Haha don't make me laugh.
And also [b] its not for a person to decide if someone's so bad that he needs to be put to hell. We're humans too remember? and there's a thing called a person's point of view. And we view this from their's point of view maybe from that guy's point of view its the girl's father who is at fault and deserves hell.

So im happy that this girl didnt pull the thread and even though Hajime cant really properly convey the reasoning for it he is right. Its like how that girl in ep 19 described Hell girl is an emergency exit And even though she sent that doll mother to hell there is now her husband who is the same. SO instead of seeking for an emergency exit you gotta deal with your problems yourself. The girl in this episode will try to live without using Hell girl.
And its not about whether you are going to hell or not Im sure most people will just condemn everyone to hell if there wasnt that "You are going to hell too" part included. And that's just sad.
Jun 16, 2017 4:36 PM

Dec 2010
Hirugiku said:
Not sure if people who say she should've pulled the string really understand what it means.He is a horrible person yes but its just like many other people? the more people you encounter the more bad ones you'll see. YOu cant send all of them to hell now can you? YOu have to deal with them yourself instead of relying on someone to send them to hell. Or do you really think that those people in earlier episodes who pulled the string and sent so called bad people to hell won't discover more awful people as they live? Haha don't make me laugh.
And also [b] its not for a person to decide if someone's so bad that he needs to be put to hell. We're humans too remember? and there's a thing called a person's point of view. And we view this from their's point of view maybe from that guy's point of view its the girl's father who is at fault and deserves hell.

So im happy that this girl didnt pull the thread and even though Hajime cant really properly convey the reasoning for it he is right. Its like how that girl in ep 19 described Hell girl is an emergency exit And even though she sent that doll mother to hell there is now her husband who is the same. SO instead of seeking for an emergency exit you gotta deal with your problems yourself. The girl in this episode will try to live without using Hell girl.
And its not about whether you are going to hell or not Im sure most people will just condemn everyone to hell if there wasnt that "You are going to hell too" part included. And that's just sad.

I agree,but what really gets to me is Hajime what he is saying is right but hes not making an effort to help the situation,like why in the hell didnt he offer the girl a place to stay he just left her in an orphanage isnt she the daughter of you friend,everyone thinks she did not pulled the string but i think they left it open i mean just look at the expression on her face.
Jun 16, 2017 6:58 PM

Jan 2015
hack5 said:
Hirugiku said:

I agree,but what really gets to me is Hajime what he is saying is right but hes not making an effort to help the situation,like why in the hell didnt he offer the girl a place to stay he just left her in an orphanage isnt she the daughter of you friend,everyone thinks she did not pulled the string but i think they left it open i mean just look at the expression on her face.

I wanted him to do that, to take her in i would've probably done that but you gotta keep in mind its Japanese and they have a different mindset so perhaps its not that socially acceptable to take in someone like that or they might be a different reason.
Jul 11, 2017 5:50 PM
Mar 2016
hajime is right but hes going about it so wrong. he sounds like the least convincing man ever. "can you really carry the burden of sending someone to hell?" yeah i can. you should focus on the part about the revenge-seeker going to help, not the bastard. but sometimes i agree with tsugumi. most of the series ive just had a "send all the fuckers to hell immediately, who cares if im going to hell" mindset. im conflicted
Aug 29, 2017 4:35 AM
Oct 2012
As much as i was wishing for a NO PULL episode. Hajime sure asks the wrong questions...

No one is going to care about the person going to hell once they pull the string. Human nature has a bloodlust like system, where anger can dictate void emotions for the enemies... but to sit there and say, "you're sending a person to hell, think about it" isnt the right thing to say. The real impact is, you will go to hell too... maybe your dad/mom is in heaven, pulling that string, means never seeing him again, never having comfort that the future still has a light at the end of the tunnel... but once you pull that string, a dark shroud will cover you. Like mentioned in a previous episode on what happens once you die... nothing will wash your actions clean. screw condemning your enemies, condemning the possibility that you have set your last actions, your future, or better outcome and even the feeling of foretelling your future, is what truly should be the driving point on why one should not pull the string. The one truly condemning someone to hell is themselves... not there enemies.

However, there is ultimatums for revenge, but, honestly, these past episodes... those ultimatums have been either Forced (I just want the easy way out because thinking of them make my blood curdle) to well executed (tipping points, the point of no return, just like the episode where she lost her two dogs and puppies)

Also Tsugumi, is starting to feel arrogant regardless of being the medium for enma... the girl obviously doesnt get the full picture, but obviously does know its the easy way to solving someones problem. I thought she would be the one to really get the big picture but she clearly doesnt...

God i hope the plot over shadows all this in later episodes... Seeing as it got 4 seasons....
Oct 31, 2017 7:49 AM

Sep 2012
well bitch slapping a kid isn't right, but she did ask for it, most ppl lose it sometimes (i mean it happens between grownups to), but i guess its all good as long it doesn't become a habit or how to say it
Aug 31, 2018 5:21 PM

Feb 2018
Poor girl :( I mean that d-bag was REALLY asking for it -_-
Sep 10, 2018 10:57 AM

Dec 2016
kageshi_hitomi said:
As much as i was wishing for a NO PULL episode. Hajime sure asks the wrong questions...

No one is going to care about the person going to hell once they pull the string. Human nature has a bloodlust like system, where anger can dictate void emotions for the enemies... but to sit there and say, "you're sending a person to hell, think about it" isnt the right thing to say. The real impact is, you will go to hell too... maybe your dad/mom is in heaven, pulling that string, means never seeing him again, never having comfort that the future still has a light at the end of the tunnel... but once you pull that string, a dark shroud will cover you. Like mentioned in a previous episode on what happens once you die... nothing will wash your actions clean. screw condemning your enemies, condemning the possibility that you have set your last actions, your future, or better outcome and even the feeling of foretelling your future, is what truly should be the driving point on why one should not pull the string. The one truly condemning someone to hell is themselves... not there enemies.

Also Tsugumi, is starting to feel arrogant regardless of being the medium for enma... the girl obviously doesnt get the full picture, but obviously does know its the easy way to solving someones problem. I thought she would be the one to really get the big picture but she clearly doesnt...

Totally agree. He almost never focused on the afterlife deal, people can kinda live their life with the mark, but to screw yourself over for _eternity_?

"means never seeing him again" - exactly, she wouldn't meet her father and her father would never meet her, I think this would be a totally winning argument (unless JS's gang would totally break her mind).

Maybe a counter point is that - besides hate a big importance in Jigoku Shouho play the notions of duty and obligation, which possibly might be still more of a thing in Japan nowadays than in some other places, but I still don't think this point is strong enough to refute the above, probably.

There's actually one thing that perhaps less noticed - what person gains for free from the Hell Link (if they choose to believe it) is the confirmation that there is indeed an afterlife and Heaven and Hell (Enma mentions Heaven as well). That's a HUGE deal ... in real life, we don't have this information (some have faith, but that's as much as one can honestly say).

For me - Tsugumi's attitude is redeemable because she's still young, thinking simply and in extremes. She kinda has similar mentality of most of the people that succumbed to the lure of the Hell Link... which makes me a bit worried...
Feb 19, 2019 7:14 PM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
Ohhh in this ep I HOPED she would pull it omg ...

Jun 14, 2019 9:10 AM

Sep 2012
GarLogan78 said:
I am with Tsugumi on the Jigoku Shoujo issue. Her dad needs to stop trying to convince strangers to not take revenge. They have no reason to listen to them, and in most cases he doesn't even understand their situation. He is starting to get on my nerves by trying to stop Ai every time.

Other than that, nice episode aha.

u forget that the victim goes hell to eventually for it also ying and yang both are nessesary for balance, he is ying for ai's yang

i wouln't wish this fait even on my enemy

tsugumi is little kid who doesn't get the graviry of the situation seem u don't neither

@Hsaki

i agree mostly, issue is she is little kid abd kids can be dumb she like 8 or something

@NoxArt

i agree with u on tsugumi being redeemable
Sugram22Jun 14, 2019 9:23 AM
Jan 19, 2020 10:30 PM

Jul 2008
Everyone seems in the wrong here and this time the bad guy got away with it.
Jul 24, 2020 8:44 PM
Dec 2017
That was the best episode
Really nice ending
Jan 13, 2021 6:50 AM

Mar 2019
Apparently it didn't end well. Hajime was so close. This would have been his first success.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Apr 12, 2021 7:48 AM

Sep 2012
WolfWood37 said:
Everyone seems in the wrong here and this time the bad guy got away with it.

did u see the girls eyes when she so the computer at the end, this dude ends up in hell off screen :D
May 18, 2021 8:46 PM
Apr 2021
Damn... poor girl :(
Oct 18, 2022 11:15 AM

Sep 2018
With how bad Hajime's arguments against revenge were, it's a wonder the string didn't get pulled this episode. Moralising about how 'revenge is bad, mmmkay' and how she'll feel bad about banishing someone who's quite literally irredeemably evil really shouldn't have worked - they never did in the other episodes, after all - but somehow they did here. Why does he never just talk about the consequences she'd face? I don't know, I have a feeling being faced with the reality of being condemned to a literal eternity of constant agony in exchange for getting rid of one person would be a pretty good revenge deterrent.
Nov 11, 2022 11:26 AM
Dec 2017
honestly as i've mentioned everyone in this series belongs in hell.

Mar 16, 2023 4:18 PM

Sep 2017
So the first episode we get where Hajime convinces someone not to pull the thread ends up in "She should've done it afterall" and then she probably does it offscreen
Also holy shit Tsugumi is so f*cking annoying. I get it that she's supposed to play the devil's advocate but they really chose a bad character for this role.
خ
Aug 27, 2023 6:46 AM
Nov 2020
Imagine if hell is you having to live life as it was with the person you sent there. Many people here seem too keen on pulling the string.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Jigoku Shoujo Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

redbuzz - May 8, 2008

69 by kirA_-_ »»
Mar 30, 5:21 PM

Poll: » Jigoku Shoujo Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Predseln - Apr 16, 2009

70 by kirA_-_ »»
Mar 30, 3:23 PM

Poll: » Jigoku Shoujo Episode 11 Discussion

Moonfrost - Sep 19, 2009

47 by kirA_-_ »»
Mar 29, 11:23 AM

Poll: » Jigoku Shoujo Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Chilli-Kun - Jan 31, 2008

78 by kirA_-_ »»
Mar 29, 10:36 AM

Poll: » Jigoku Shoujo Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

sugarplumfairy - Oct 2, 2008

91 by kirA_-_ »»
Mar 14, 4:17 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.