Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Irregular at Magic High School (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Aug 30, 2014 8:53 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
It's amusing how some of the characters underestimates security.

We get Lu Gonghu vs Naotsugu this episode.The fight was pretty fast imo. But seriously Chiaki, be more aware of yourself. I find the way that Zhou was speaking to her like he is controlling her.

GG Lu, I don't think he stood a chance this episode. And after 2 weeks of no ONIISAMA, Miyuki is back ;o
Aug 30, 2014 8:55 AM

Nov 2007
Wow, that stalker is strong. Even with those two's attack, he survived.

With that guy's support, that strong "stalker" has been defeated.

He's so kind to his sister, even though she tried to kiss him.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Aug 30, 2014 9:01 AM
Mar 2014
The spy has been captured

Lu Gonghu vs Erika's Brother

Zhou and his manipulative magics

Gonghu fought Mari,God Onii-sama, Mayumi

Miyuki and her being a bro-con

Oh well not gonna expect that Lu Gonghu will be killed that easily because
[spoiler]
aikido01Aug 30, 2014 9:08 AM
Aug 30, 2014 9:45 AM

Feb 2009
Them Chibas strike again. Toshikazu getting close to Fujibayashi and Mari blushing furiously to Naotsugu.
Beware of the Chibas!

Been waiting for the Naotsugu vs Lu fight to be animated and it delivered. Both are monsters on their own.
It was 2 on1 plus Lu injured in the earlier fight that Mari was still fine, otherwise she could have been minced meat. Though with Oniisama around she should still be okay.

That almost kiss. So much for the streak of no Oniisama from Miyuki.
For a second there, I thought Miyuki was sleeping naked. Hard to tell with no light plus pure white underwear. All that brocon. Just fuck already. Tatsuya will definitely be unable to refuse if she asked him.

That ends volume 6. Time for a rushed volume 7.
Aug 30, 2014 9:53 AM

Apr 2012
Worst episode to date. I could go on a rant about all the things done wrong, but I don't feel it's worth my time and it's been a long time coming.

It was a struggle to even finish watching the episode, depending on where it goes in the next episode, I might just drop the entire anime.
Aug 30, 2014 9:54 AM
Oct 2012
belatkuro said:
That ends volume 6. Time for a rushed volume 7.

I don't think it will be too rushed, as this episode demonstrated, animating action scenes can be done pretty efficiently. I am actually a bit relieved, I was worried that this part would cover two episodes, they did some very good cutting (the bird in particular) to get it down to one, while showing the important things.

Now if they can be as efficient next episode and start the actual incident around the halfway point instead of keeping it as a "cliffhanger", I will take back most of the bad things I said about madhouse :-)
Aug 30, 2014 10:01 AM

Jul 2014
The fight was pretty intense but it's pretty great imo, That seems not really rushed at all. with 4 episodes left, Volume 7 will be rushed fucking hell :C
anyway it's a good episode, still not the best :3 Madhouse did a pretty good joob on this episode lol and dat Miyuki being brocon

Aug 30, 2014 11:02 AM
Apr 2014
It was extremely Painful to watch;

I would have expected the fight scene since the Monolith Code; but this two fight took the champ. No explanation given and scenes jumping like they're getting banged in the @$$.

Anyway the Chiba's are master manipulator towards their partners.
Nao and Tatsuya took a great job of pushing Lu in the corner.
Aug 30, 2014 11:28 AM

May 2010
Sacrieur said:

It was a struggle to even finish watching the episode, depending on where it goes in the next episode, I might just drop the entire anime.

well that is how i felt since the first few episodes until now. do not ask me why im still watching.
Aug 30, 2014 11:37 AM

Apr 2013
I didn't think that the episode was that terrible. There was essentially zero plot but at least the action that they showed us was pretty solid. And at the end we got that entire wincest scene sequence and Miyuki in just her underwear...

dankzelAug 30, 2014 7:17 PM
Aug 30, 2014 11:45 AM

May 2013
Well, it was third good Mahouka episode. Fights were decent, but a bit too short and rushed. And actual story has finally began, though somewhat late.
No wonder, dragon with no head must be retarded.
Aug 30, 2014 11:48 AM

Nov 2013
THE ENDING.

Honestly they should have just taken the limiters off and made this series into an incestuous hentai. Hell it probably would have had a better plot.
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Aug 30, 2014 11:49 AM

May 2010
deanzel said:
I didn't think that the episode was that terrible. There was essentially zero plot but at least the action that they showed us was pretty solid. And at the end we got that entire wincest scene sequence and Miyuki in just her underwear...

yeh well maybe i would have almost agreed with you last week on the solid action part when i didnt just watch the 1hour and 30 minutes long Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn finale earlier today.

throwing some shitty animated cgi spells at each other hardly counts as solid action for me.

this show clearly had better episodes which i actually liked but damn are they rare.

the incest is nothing but a -1 off the final rating for me.
Aug 30, 2014 11:52 AM

May 2013
Vexper said:
THE ENDING.

Honestly they should have just taken the limiters off and made this series into an incestuous hentai. Hell it probably would have had a better plot.

But if they do, Mahouka couldn't serve as teenager wish-fulfilment power fantasy anymore (though it would be much better).
Aug 30, 2014 11:54 AM

Dec 2011
They finished that guy fast. I guess the final villain is that purple haired guy.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 30, 2014 12:01 PM

Dec 2010
Finally some action, and Shiba is OP as always and he will be till the end.

But i sorta like OP unbreakable characters, dunno why. :D
Aug 30, 2014 12:03 PM

Jul 2014
jakkubus said:
Well, it was third good Mahouka episode. Fights were decent, but a bit too short and rushed. And actual story has finally began, though somewhat late.

The scenes between miyuki and tatsuya in the end is a bit not necessary and could counted as a fan service LOL, 4 episodes left :| oh fuck can't wait to see the last episode of Mahouka. This series has a potential to become like Mahou Sensou.

Aug 30, 2014 12:12 PM

Dec 2011
What a nice battle scene between Naotsugu and Lu. Well done, Madhouse.
I'm having more faith that they will do the Yokohama (actual) Disturbance justice.

Shame that they need to cut down some interesting dialogues. Especially between Leo, Erika, Tatsuya and Miyuki.

That ending though, they just can't resist it, eh? Heh.

Come on, bring on the Thesis Competition!
Aug 30, 2014 12:20 PM
Mar 2013
So, it's gonna take a incest route afterall.
Aug 30, 2014 12:34 PM

Jun 2013
Looks like the man-eating tiger
(•_•)
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
...just got eaten

Good episode besides the last SisxBro scene. Kinda came out of nowhere after a whole episode of fighting.
Aug 30, 2014 12:52 PM

Jul 2013
This is probably the worst episode so far! It was so fast paced that even as a novel reader, I could barely keep up with what was going on. They skipped so much stuff and once again made it look like Tatsuya does everything. It was actually Miyuki who took down the crow.
Aug 30, 2014 12:53 PM
Oct 2013
Senninn1 said:
So, it's gonna take a incest route afterall.

HeddieFeb 13, 2015 6:06 PM
“How strange and foolish is man. He loses his health in gaining wealth. Then, to regain his health he wastes his wealth. He ruins his present while worrying about his future, but weeps in the future by recalling his past. He lives as though death shall never come to him, but dies in a way as if he were never born”
― Imam Ali as
Aug 30, 2014 12:53 PM

Jun 2014
Always nice when teenagers have access to mind control. That wouldn't lead to any problems whatsoever...
Aug 30, 2014 1:23 PM

May 2014
Good ep even though lots of details are skipped.

We get to see Pixie or

Too bad Chiaki's big sis dialogue with Tatsuya was horribly cut
Zhou has a heart??!!He saved Chiaki from death because of the that alarm he triggered.
2 renowned CQC magicians fight (Lu and Nao)
Mari and Mayumi shows off their skills against the Man Eating tiger
Miyuki starts to strike!She would wish Onii-sama is a dense character than what he currently is :)

edit: Tatsuya's lethal attack,I don't remember that from the LN,from what I remember he just chipped off Lu's armor with Gram Demo (or I'm mistaken,any LN reader can correct me?Sorry still lazy to look it up :) )
darkreaperixAug 30, 2014 1:27 PM
Aug 30, 2014 1:33 PM

Apr 2008
darkreaperix said:
Good ep even though lots of details are skipped.

We get to see Pixie or

Too bad Chiaki's big sis dialogue with Tatsuya was horribly cut
Zhou has a heart??!!He saved Chiaki from death because of the that alarm he triggered.
2 renowned CQC magicians fight (Lu and Nao)
Mari and Mayumi shows off their skills against the Man Eating tiger
Miyuki starts to strike!She would wish Onii-sama is a dense character than what he currently is :)

edit: Tatsuya's lethal attack,I don't remember that from the LN,from what I remember he just chipped off Lu's armor with Gram Demo (or I'm mistaken,any LN reader can correct me?Sorry still lazy to look it up :) )

Pretty sure Gram Demo just destroyed ALL of the magic cast on Lu's body including the healing one that was keeping his wound closed up
Aug 30, 2014 1:34 PM

Apr 2014
This episode was kind of hard to follow, skipped so much of the LN
Aug 30, 2014 1:39 PM

May 2014
Darklight0303 said:

Pretty sure Gram Demo just destroyed ALL of the magic cast on Lu's body including the healing one that was keeping his wound closed up

Thanks seems to be right,but MH kinda animated it like it was ZI and that he did something to hurt Lu.

For anime-only viewers,Tatsuya didn't actually hurt Lu,he just destroyed his magic armor and the blood is from the injury he sustained before from Nao. :)
Aug 30, 2014 1:44 PM
Oct 2012
Darklight0303 said:

Yeah, I think that was the case. That magic doesn't fix the permanently fix a problem and needs to be recast is an important bit of information, this demonstrated that point.

Its funny though, that scene really does show the difference between reading and viewing. In the novel I really didn't get the feeling that it was that big of a deal, it helped, that Mari and Mayumi did far more damage, but in animating it the emphasis changed. Not that I blame madhouse for doing that, it was important to emphasize that point, and they only have so many minutes to do it.
Aug 30, 2014 1:46 PM
Apr 2014
Man, I thought a legend like Lu GongHu would at least be able to accomplish something or secure his escape but it's always Tatsuya who does something OP and makes a critical break
Aug 30, 2014 1:48 PM

Apr 2008
SlowCast said:
Man, I thought a legend like Lu GongHu would at least be able to accomplish something or secure his escape but it's always Tatsuya who does something OP and makes a critical break

It's not fair to give Tatsuya the full credit. Lu got his biggest wound during the first blundered attempt.
Aug 30, 2014 1:48 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Well the 'terrorists' turned out to be surprisingly simple to handle. I expected them to hurt/burden TS more.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Aug 30, 2014 1:50 PM
Nov 2013
A lot of action in this episode, Mari was especially bad ass this episode, as well as Erika's brother. The ending was kind of... Cringeworthy. Oh Miyuki, please love someone other than your brother.
Aug 30, 2014 1:51 PM

Oct 2013
darkreaperix said:
Darklight0303 said:

Thanks seems to be right,but MH kinda animated it like it was ZI and that he did something to hurt Lu.

For anime-only viewers,Tatsuya didn't actually hurt Lu,he just destroyed his magic armor and the blood is from the injury he sustained before from Nao. :)

I'm definitely getting the feeling that the series is much better once you understand how the individual magics work. But, for sure, we'll have people thinking Tatsuya did something OP in this episode when all he did was prevent Lu's previous injury from Nao from being protected.
Aug 30, 2014 1:51 PM

May 2014
SlowCast said:

Tatsuya didn't do something OP,he just used Gram demo to break off his armor,Mari and Mayumi did the all damage,the blood was from Lu's battle with Nao and Mari even though MH kinda animated it differently.

@ Marzan
He did get injured fighting Nao,which is also a renowned CQC magician,who is also from the Chiba family which is known for their sword magic.

millie10468 said:

I'm definitely getting the feeling that the series is much better once you understand how the individual magics work. But, for sure, we'll have people thinking Tatsuya did something OP in this episode when all he did was prevent Lu's previous injury from Nao from being protected.

anime only viewers already do think that Tatsuya did something OP.
Aug 30, 2014 2:04 PM

May 2013
darkreaperix said:
Tatsuya didn't do something OP,he just used Gram demo to break off his armor,Mari and Mayumi did the all damage,the blood was from Lu's battle with Nao and Mari even though MH kinda animated it differently.

Well, Gram Demolition is in fact one of superior counter magics, even though it is overshadowed by Gram Dispersion, it's still elite magic and apart of range it doesn't have any flaws.
Aug 30, 2014 2:11 PM

Oct 2013
jakkubus said:
darkreaperix said:

Well, Gram Demolition is in fact one of superior counter magics, even though it is overshadowed by Gram Dispersion, it's still elite magic and apart of range it doesn't have any flaws.

But Gram Demo isn't limited to only him and it does have flaws, as we'll learn later.
Aug 30, 2014 2:26 PM

May 2013
millie10468 said:
But Gram Demo isn't limited to only him and it does have flaws, as we'll learn later.

Still it is not popular, but elite and rare spell. It's usage even suprised Special Ops guy. About flaws, I don't recall any of them aside from short range and necessity of high Psion Count (and Tatsuya has highest in series).
Aug 30, 2014 2:31 PM

Oct 2013
jakkubus said:
millie10468 said:

Still it is not popular, but elite and rare spell. It's usage even suprised Special Ops guy. About flaws, I don't recall any of them aside from short range and necessity of high Psion Count (and Tatsuya has highest in series).

His fight with
showed some of Gram Demo's flaws.
Aug 30, 2014 2:37 PM

May 2009
Aug 30, 2014 2:44 PM

Jul 2013
i was a bit annoyed about tatsuya being able to do everything... but now i am even more upset, cause every kid now can stand up to people from the mafia or secret services
i just can't stand this "kid's power" thing

ps. the onii-sama thing is back and i apreciate it... even though it is the only thing that does, lately
Aug 30, 2014 2:45 PM

Apr 2008
retepeters said:
i was a bit annoyed about tatsuya being able to do everything... but now i am even more upset, cause every kid now can stand up to people from the mafia or secret services

ps. the onii-sama thing is back and i apreciate it... even though it is the only thing that does, lately

Those kids are anything but kids if they are from the ten master clans. That point has been hammered into utter dust by now but it seems you missed it
Aug 30, 2014 2:49 PM

Jul 2013
Darklight0303 said:
retepeters said:

Those kids are anything but kids if they are from the ten master clans. That point has been hammered into utter dust by now but it seems you missed it

i don't care if anyone else has a different opinion..
imo kids are kids, regardless if they were born in a regular family or in a master clan
some ppl still have the ability of free thinking
Aug 30, 2014 2:50 PM

May 2014
retepeters said:

Hasn't it been like that since way back then?Kids defeating adults?Dragonball,Naruto,Bleach,Index,etc?
Aug 30, 2014 2:51 PM

May 2013
millie10468 said:
His fight with
showed some of Gram Demo's flaws.

But
was using his own version of GD (he isn't capable of using regular one), which is a bit different, so it doesn't mean, that one pulled by Tatsuya has its flaws.
Aug 30, 2014 2:52 PM

Jul 2013
darkreaperix said:
retepeters said:

Hasn't it been like that since way back then?Kids defeating adults?Dragonball,Naruto,Bleach,Index,etc?

and i wasn't expecting anything like the shows u've mentioned, from this show
i was hoping that this was going to be a little bit more realistic
Aug 30, 2014 2:53 PM

Dec 2011
retepeters said:

Those kids you're talking about are trained for combat since they were young.
And by the way, the one who did the most damage to Lu was Naotsugu, which is a soldier, and a great one at that.
Aug 30, 2014 2:54 PM

May 2014
jakkubus said:

But
was using his own version of GD (he isn't capable of using regular one), which is a bit different, so it doesn't mean, that one pulled by Tatsuya has its flaws.

retepeters said:

and i wasn't expecting anything like the shows u've mentioned, from this show
i was hoping that this was going to be a little bit more realistic

???Kids using scientifically based magic,in a futuristic world and you want it to be too realistic?LN wise it has always been explained repeatedly the young generation has always been stronger than older generation.but we could blame MH for some misunderstandings,like really make Gram Demo look like it was a barrier that Lu coulnd't penetrate??
darkreaperixAug 30, 2014 2:58 PM
Aug 30, 2014 3:00 PM

Jul 2009
LOL wth. that guy was made to be such a bad ass but he just got caught like that? smh.
need more finger snapping fights. those were cool
Aug 30, 2014 3:04 PM

May 2013
darkreaperix said:
???Kids using scientifically based magic,in a futuristic world and you want it to be too realistic?LN wise it has always been explained repeatedly the young generation has always been stronger than older generation.but we could blame MH for some misunderstandings,like really make Gram Demo look like it was a barrier that Lu coulnd't penetrate??

Because Lu really couldn't do anything against Gram Demolition. Without Tatsuya they would probably lose it, while he alone could eat man-eating tiger with almost no problems.

Kurogashi said:
LOL wth. that guy was made to be such a bad ass but he just got caught like that? smh.
need more finger snapping fights. those were cool

It just mean he wasn't that badass.
Aug 30, 2014 3:04 PM

Jul 2013
i think i didn't explain myself accurately, cause that's not exactly my concern

the show begins with a world where they use magic (u know the details probably)
kids are trained to learn how to use this magic in combat and other situations
shiba is an extraordinary mage, and because of that he is able to deal with more serious situations e.g. revolutionary investigation, police operations, etc

my real problem, is that now too many people are able to do these things and i just feel that (cause i was kind of excited with shiba's power in the beginning of the show) afterall there isn't that much that makes tatsuya special.
something like that

ps. i did not read the manga
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 27, 2014

457 by ExSant0 »»
Apr 19, 2:43 PM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 3, 2014

308 by taifd77 »»
Apr 6, 8:00 AM

» Romance Tag?

akihiko132 - Dec 8, 2020

4 by fqdnl »»
Apr 3, 6:27 PM

Poll: » Shipping For Tatsuya X .......

Ricky16 - Sep 1, 2023

28 by AGiantWeeb »»
Mar 24, 6:34 AM

» Question for LN readers

Artorias94 - Feb 19

4 by StarZone1 »»
Feb 20, 4:26 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.