Forum Settings
Forums

Have you ever thought about joining the Armed Forces?

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 26, 2014 5:11 PM

Dec 2013
jal90 said:
Never. I have tried to be practical and consider its benefits, but every time it would turn that I would feel simply uncomfortable by being in an environment that demands from me an attitude and a set of ideals that I feel a strong aversion for.

That was my biggest issue, and the reason I only did one term. I'm not gonna lie; most of the people I worked with were pricks. It was still worth it, though. It's impossible to explain why in a way that sounds convincing, but just think of it this way... if you never do anything with your life, even if it's something unpleasant, then everything will kind of just smear together, and be boring as fuck. On the other hand, the more experiences you have- good and bad- the more you're able to appreciate everything, and enjoy life.
Aug 26, 2014 6:02 PM

Nov 2011
I would die for something...

If you think dying for a stupid and shitty cause like most american matters in middle east is better than doing nothing, then you have a problem. It's not like your life is gonna have any meaning anyway, you're gonna be just a number dying for a stupid cause.
I luv u
Aug 26, 2014 6:20 PM

Nov 2012
I've thought about it briefly, but ultimately decided against it.

I don't want to die for causes that I don't believe in (Ex. USA current involvement in middle east). Also, I won't like someone screaming orders at me all the time and fucking my body up over extreme physical labor too often, and don't want any psychological problems from being in war/military either.
Aug 26, 2014 6:55 PM

Dec 2013
You guys seem to be getting the wrong idea. If everyone who joined the military died in the military, they'd have a hell of a time staying in business.

Not only are only a few people actually sent to dangerous areas (and almost always because they volunteered to go, for a pay bonus), but of those people, only a few even get hurt, and fewer still die. You have heard about every single one of them, because it goes all over the news. More people die in car crashes every day.

In fact, the average experience in the military is less dangerous than a minimum wage factory job. I should know; I worked several of them before deciding to join.
Aug 26, 2014 6:57 PM
Jan 2014
I was actually planning in joining the Air force of my country sometime but after a serious injury on my knee I can't really perform all the physical tests required, I also planned that if I didn't enroll in the airforce as a I pilot I would try my best to join the Special operations branch as a Sniper.

Sadly they won't come true due to my knee injury.
Aug 26, 2014 7:01 PM
Jul 2018
Anmoly97 said:
Canada doesn't have an army. We have bears and moose defending us! So no man, sorry :(

What he said.
Aug 26, 2014 7:11 PM

Jun 2014
I've considered the option of going into the NZ Navy for IT.
Aug 26, 2014 7:47 PM

Aug 2014
Jaguer91 said:
I would die for something...

If you think dying for a stupid and shitty cause like most american matters in middle east is better than doing nothing, then you have a problem. It's not like your life is gonna have any meaning anyway, you're gonna be just a number dying for a stupid cause.
Yea I quess I do have a problem.
Aug 26, 2014 10:56 PM

Nov 2011
Nope! Modern military protocols dont let you loot, pillage, and rape your enemies. Fuck that!
The Art of Eight
Aug 27, 2014 3:15 AM

Apr 2012
There aren't any countries worth fighting for any more, unfortunately.
Aug 27, 2014 3:20 AM
Feb 2014
No since I have a good future ahead of me.......some people say that to me.Plus I have a good heart.
Aug 27, 2014 3:32 AM
Jul 2018
My dad used to tell me that every able-body citizen has an obligation to serve his country as thanks for the rights we have, and to protect the rights of those who can't defend themselves. He's very passionate about his service in the Navy, Army, and now National Guard, where he trains new cadets.

Then again, I barely knew him for most of my childhood, and I grew up hating him because he treated me like a little soldier, instead of a kid. I'm pretty sure my mom cheated on him too. He's a lot more mellow these days, but he's really cold-hearted, and he still has some pretty nasty anger fits sometimes.

So I dunno man. It's up to you, but dedicating your life to your country seems like it leaves little room to care about much else. I don't doubt that some of his issues lie elsewhere, but being in the military doesn't seem like it helped.

I do know he doesn't regret his service though. Take that for what it's worth.
Aug 27, 2014 3:33 AM

May 2012
Germany has no army. At least if it uses it's army other than NATO and stuff it's blame Germany time, so no thx.
S H O U T _ O L D _ B U T _ G O L D
Aug 27, 2014 4:54 AM

Mar 2014
Once in 1972.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 27, 2014 10:23 AM

Jan 2009
Anmoly97 said:
Canada doesn't have an army.

Of course it has: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canadian_Army#Battles_involving_the_Canadian_Army

Penlane said:
Germany has no army. At least if it uses it's army other than NATO and stuff it's blame Germany time, so no thx.

Of course it has:

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Auslandseins%C3%A4tze_der_Bundeswehr

Besides, Germany has been demanded to take part in recent/older battles and has refused a few and taken part in another few.

Furthermore, the only bad incident in recent history about the German army I've heard was the Kunduz airstrike in 2009. Still not at the level you're hearing about the stuff from other countries.

Aside from that: neither the NATO nor the EU nor the UN have their own army, but use the armies of their respective member states.

B2MT: no, since I refused it in the last year it was mandatory for me to join.
NoboruAug 27, 2014 10:29 AM
Aug 27, 2014 10:32 AM

Jun 2010
Supercolin said:
Anmoly97 said:
Canada doesn't have an army. We have bears and moose defending us! So no man, sorry :(

What he said.

I'm getting sick of this joke. As a Canadian you should be proud of our nation's past and present contributions to global security.
Aug 27, 2014 11:33 AM

Mar 2014
Tachycardic said:
Supercolin said:

What he said.

I'm getting sick of this joke. As a Canadian you should be proud of our nation's past and present contributions to global security.

I agree. Canada have some cool stuff and is NATO member.
please sell me the condom, mister
I would like to fuck my sister!
condoms really worth to keep
I will fuck her very deep!
could you be my condom keeper?
so I could try to fuck her deeper!

please think I m stupid but please dont think I m a troll.
--------------------------------------------------------------
http://protpisaenglish.blogspot.com/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipzn0J8cfrY
Aug 27, 2014 11:35 AM

Dec 2013
Hell no. I'm glad my eyes don't let them pick me ;];]
Aug 27, 2014 12:06 PM

May 2012
Noboru said:

Penlane said:

Of course it has:

Besides, Germany has been demanded to take part in recent/older battles and has refused a few and taken part in another few.

Furthermore, the only bad incident in recent history about the German army I've heard was the Kunduz airstrike in 2009. Still not at the level you're hearing about the stuff from other countries.

Aside from that: neither the NATO nor the EU nor the UN have their own army, but use the armies of their respective member states.

Oh please, nobody joins the Bundeswehr...when it was mandatory ok, but now..mhh.
S H O U T _ O L D _ B U T _ G O L D
Aug 27, 2014 12:08 PM

Jul 2012
I've thought about it, yeah, but I don't think my body is fit for such a thing. I'm too scrawny and wear out very easily. Plus I'm afraid I'd be sent out to war. I don't want to be asked to kill or hurt another.
Aug 27, 2014 12:09 PM

Jun 2010
Penlane said:
Noboru said:

Of course it has:

Oh please, nobody joins the Bundeswehr...when it was mandatory ok, but now..mhh.

Honestly, I rather admire Germany's armed forces. You guys also produce the most badass (and only) tank I've personally had the experience to ride in.
Aug 27, 2014 12:19 PM
Jun 2014
dankickyou said:
Nope! Modern military protocols dont let you loot, pillage, and rape your enemies. Fuck that!

Didn't stop anybody in Vietnam. Still doesn't stop some solider in the middle east.
LashLethal said:
Who knows? Perhaps the devil is the good guy. Aaaaaaaaah

Lucifer is the good guy.
Aug 27, 2014 12:28 PM
Jan 2014
Yiss, I have. But this article, among many other things, discouraged me:
http://www.cracked.com/article_20991_5-reasons-flying-fighter-jet-way-crazier-than-top-gun.html
Aug 27, 2014 12:52 PM

Oct 2013
I passed my trials to get into the british army, but I changed my mind last minute and didn't go.

Aug 27, 2014 1:52 PM

May 2013
Never considered it.

Don't think I ever will. Doesn't interest me.
Aug 27, 2014 2:03 PM

Mar 2012
I'd like to be some lone wolf soldier

Without training.

With just 1 weapon

And the only thing I'd do is to run into a few ISIS members, screaming random shit and spraying bullets at them.

I'd die, alone, insane, and nobody would give a shit
Aug 27, 2014 2:25 PM

Jan 2009
Penlane said:

That's also not true. At the very least, most armies should have a couple of volunteers, even the Swiss Army or the Japanese Self Defense Forces.
Naturally, nobody I've known joined the army after it ceased to be mandatory, however, that's no valid argument that really nobody joined the army just because nobody in my circle of acquaintances did it.

Tachycardic said:
Honestly, I rather admire Germany's armed forces. You guys also produce the most badass (and only) tank I've personally had the experience to ride in.

Well, I don't know how good each armed forces and/or their equipments are.
Is that more about the equipment or more about how they look in military operations?
Also, which tank was it? A Leopard 2 something?
I don't really know much about tanks and only started to look up a few because of "Girls und Panzer".
Aug 27, 2014 6:27 PM

Jun 2010
Yup, the Leopard 2. A fine piece of machinery.
Aug 27, 2014 6:30 PM

Aug 2014
pauperunit said:
I'd like to be some lone wolf soldier

Without training.

With just 1 weapon

And the only thing I'd do is to run into a few ISIS members, screaming random shit and spraying bullets at them.

I'd die, alone, insane, and nobody would give a shit
Oddly enough I have had that thought before...but have actually planned out how it would go down. I would join some stupid revolution or fight some stupid tyranny and die for a stupid cause....I need to stop day dreaming.
Aug 27, 2014 6:30 PM

Mar 2014
Penlane said:

Why isn't it called the Wehrmacht anymore? Bundeswehr is too close to Budweiser to be that badass in my opinion. God damn Nazis ruining cool symbols and words for everyone.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 28, 2014 6:12 AM

Oct 2010
xRatatosk said:
cristiankim93 said:
I'm currently serving in the US Army and I joined because I always respected how soldiers put themselves ahead of everyone else and bond between them. Since I was a little kid, I always wanted an active job where it's physical instead of sitting all day long.
Kind of cheesy, but one of the main reasons I joined was because I believe that the "unalienable rights" have to be earned. I wanted to earn the right to free speech, due process, and all that by putting time in because I believe I don't deserve them if all I do is sit around and complain.
Also, I don't feel right being comfortable at home and bitching and whining and pointing fingers while men and women are out there dying just so I could continue being a little bitch.

I think I'm allowed to complain when the country I live in is shit and shoves its dick into anuses where it doesn't belong. Especially when its Army helps it shove its dick into those anuses.

This is literally the most idiotic response I've read on this entire site. I'm speechless.
Aug 28, 2014 6:40 AM

Jun 2012
I havent done much research on it but Ive thought about it more than once. And I heard you get to retire at 35 so thats cool.
Aug 28, 2014 10:42 AM

Jan 2009
Tachycardic said:
Yup, the Leopard 2. A fine piece of machinery.

Cool, I don't really know about the specs on how it performs compared to other tanks, however, when it comes to driving for training/fun, it shouldn't matter.

BarryManilow said:
Why isn't it called the Wehrmacht anymore?

Because
* it would be associated with the former NS military, so they wanted a name change
* Germany has neither an empire nor a strong military power to use a name with "Macht" (power) in it
* the official name of West Germany, which East Germany joined later, is "Federal Republic of Germany".
As such, its self-defense forces are called "Bundes-" (federal) +"Wehr"(armed forces) = "Bundeswehr" (federal armed forces).
Aug 28, 2014 11:03 AM

Jan 2011
I seriously thought about it.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bluey is the most watched anime in the world now

tsukareru - Yesterday

27 by Dracowyn »»
2 hours ago

» Dracula, Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde or Frankenstein(books)?

Absurdo_N - Apr 23

11 by xthewarwithinx »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Are you mentally ill?

Ejrodiew - Yesterday

23 by Ejrodiew »»
2 hours ago

» 2023-2024 NBA Season Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Jun 18, 2023

676 by Hitagi__Furude »»
2 hours ago

» Are you a slow or fast typier on a computer???

DesuMaiden - Apr 19

43 by LordSozin »»
4 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.