Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Aug 21, 2014 10:25 AM

Nov 2012
Kerozinn said:
Moonchipz said:
The anime made Kaneki look more pathetic than he really was once again.
Ugh.

Ha! reminds me on the mirai nikki anime which did the same to its male MC.

anyways..intense episode.

you cant compare kaneki with yukkkiii~
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
Aug 21, 2014 10:27 AM

Jul 2013
seems like they cut out the part where they went to CCG headquarters and the RC door

and in manga kaneki didnt just take his swings... why are you doing this to me? anime? why?

btw, for those wondering about the manga, now the anime adapted up till chapter 46. notice that hinami arc and gourmet arc got swapped in anime, also tons of stuff were cut out to fit it in 8 episodes. seriously though, they could just adapt the manga content till now with 12 episodes and we would have no problem at all >_>

Mod Edit: Removed quote of deleted post.
sarroushAug 21, 2014 12:07 PM
current LN reading:
Death March kara hajimaru isekai kyousoukyoku
translated here
for those who are interested in other forums about animes, check randomc.net, reddit.com/r/anime and forum.animesuki.com
Aug 21, 2014 10:28 AM

Jan 2010
This was a really good episode. I usually hate wimpy protagonists, especially when they are paired next to a serious and strong female protagonist. But Kaneki because of the moral dilemmas he has and his extremely considerate nature towards others is a justified wimp.
Aug 21, 2014 10:30 AM

May 2010
ninjastarforcex said:
Kerozinn said:

Ha! reminds me on the mirai nikki anime which did the same to its male MC.

anyways..intense episode.

you cant compare kaneki with yukkkiii~

yeah well i hope you will be right in the end ;)
Aug 21, 2014 10:33 AM

Jul 2014
i'm not really liking the adaption, i'll think i'll just skip the anime and go read the manga.
but the soundtrack was great at least.
Aug 21, 2014 10:38 AM
Aug 2014
Great episode. I love the music during when Kaneki was talking about making Humans and Ghouls understand each other. The music is soo beautiful. Yomo is badass. Took that kagune right to the body without flinching. Poor Hinami , I really feel bad for her.
Aug 21, 2014 10:38 AM

Aug 2011
I liked how Hanazawa's voice kicked in when Miss Rize was unleashed :D
Aug 21, 2014 10:57 AM

Jan 2013
Nice episode.
They made Mado look like a crazy guy, so that thing of he having a family didn't have that much of a impact.

And what's wrong with those black eyes?
Aug 21, 2014 10:57 AM

Nov 2012
just watched.
actually pretty good episode, even with censoring
its just they made kaneki too pathetic before he eats amon and then sudden badass light speed bleach-like fight. i hope this wont (would probably...) happen in later episode with white hair.

and nice to see mix 2 personality voice kaneki and rize with (should be shaft-style) head tilt :p
Aug 21, 2014 11:01 AM

Jul 2013
Miki-Miki-Fanboy said:
i'm not really liking the adaption, i'll think i'll just skip the anime and go read the manga.
but the soundtrack was great at least.

yeah. they butchered a lot of good stuff from the manga, which kinda makes me feel sad.
current LN reading:
Death March kara hajimaru isekai kyousoukyoku
translated here
for those who are interested in other forums about animes, check randomc.net, reddit.com/r/anime and forum.animesuki.com
Aug 21, 2014 11:10 AM

May 2013
Glad I haven't read the manga yet because I thought this was the great episode. First one I really liked since the first one. I'll probably read the manga later today though. I love the parallel between why they're fighting. I wonder how will Kaneki letting Amon go change Amon (if it does at all). Unlike other wimpy protagonists, I actually understand Kaneki's plight. He was only human not too long ago.
"Listen Simon... Don't forget. Believe in yourself. Not in the you who believes in me. Not the me who believes in you. Believe in the you who believes in yourself." ~ Kamina (TTGL)

“You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that’s where you’ll find the things more important than what you want.” ~ Ging (HxH)
Aug 21, 2014 11:17 AM

Aug 2009
From someone who hasn't read the manga, I really liked this episode.

Aug 21, 2014 11:20 AM
Aug 2011
It was a good episode even if you have read the manga.
These threads are just an infestation of naysayers who can't stop talking about how much they butcher this or that.
More insufferable than the Akame threads tbh.
Aug 21, 2014 11:22 AM

Jul 2013
brilliant episode once again. touka offing mado was a huge highlight.

kaneki's character development was decent too.

i'm glad that i haven't started the manga yet. it seems like manga readers get more disappointed with each airing episode.

what are the chances that this show will get a 2nd season?

also, that ost
Aug 21, 2014 11:24 AM
Jun 2014
parfaited said:
It was a good episode even if you have read the manga.
These threads are just an infestation of naysayers who can't stop talking about how much they butcher this or that.
More insufferable than the Akame threads tbh.

i'm totally agree with you XD
Aug 21, 2014 11:29 AM

Jan 2014
Awesome episode. Liked every single thing:
the deepness, the fact that old man died,
HINAMI ! Now my only wish for this would
be to see Kaneki kick some ass, and a cool
ending, ' course ^-^
Aug 21, 2014 11:35 AM

Jun 2009
Pretty good episode, kind of mad that they didn't adapt Kaneki's "revelation" exactly like how it played out in the manga. The artwork in that sequence was freaking amazing, I thought. Would have preferred it to have been shot for shot.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Aug 21, 2014 11:39 AM
Jul 2013
StefanMZ said:
I really hope that this episode will the end for Mado... and for some reason I think in that bag he had parts of Hinami's mother... sick bastard...

Of course I was right, I'm always right when it comes to bad events happening, poor Hinami this episode...

Freaking hell Kaneki's expression scared me, it seems he's gone badass mode now.

I'm smelling some epic fights this episodes.

Pretty funny how Amon and Touka were holding speeches about the same things lol.

Dear lord... Mado needs to go down as soon as possible, that freaking sicko.

Ah, Kaneki holding a badass speech.

I really liked how Kaneki was thinking about making humans and ghouls understand each other.

HAHAHAHAHA, Kaneki just took a bite out of Amon, freaking hilarious I must say XD.

I was rather surprised to see Amon defeated by Kaneki.

Shiver me timbers Hinami's really strong :o

At last Mado has been killed and this is the last episode we get to see his ugly mug in... although I'll give him some slack because I think he had some reasons of his own to do what he did...

Overall the episode was really great and I can't wait to see what happens next.

Well.. u said it all :D
Aug 21, 2014 11:44 AM
Oct 2010
lol Touka is so full of shit. Does she really believe they are hunting ghouls for no reason? The predators lost the upper hand and suddenly want to play victim.. ROFL, I hope the investigators wipe all of them out.. bunch of parasites.
Aug 21, 2014 11:53 AM

Aug 2014
I started to read Tokyo Ghoul manga, and now I understand what it means when everyone says that censoring is ruining anime.. ;c

I liked this episode, there was more action. However, Kaneki was pathetic...
Aug 21, 2014 11:56 AM

Sep 2008
Karuko1 said:
I started to read Tokyo Ghoul manga, and now I understand what it means when everyone says that censoring is ruining anime.. ;c

I liked this episode, there was more action. However, Kaneki was pathetic...

How is he pathetic? o.o
There's two kinds of people you can't win an argument against:
One - Too dumb to tell right from wrong.
Two - Too stubborn to admit they are wrong.
Aug 21, 2014 11:59 AM
Jan 2011
Geez I wish it was those Ghouls who gets killed.

Well RIP to the old man
Aug 21, 2014 11:59 AM

Aug 2012
Decent ......There's a fine line between what's right and what's wrong . Mado is also married eh!! .....A chain of hatred is created . We need lelouch :D.
Aug 21, 2014 12:00 PM

May 2013
Amon's character development is going to be particularly interesting. Nice to see Kaneki be badass!

Can't say I'm not satisfied with Mado's death, dude was getting seriously creepy. Seeing the wedding ring on the finger was a bit of a break back to reality though. Good episode overall.
Aug 21, 2014 12:03 PM
Dec 2012
I'm liking Amon. He seemed very soft though. His feeling's about the world and ghouls didn't match his fighting. Which is ironic because it was the crazy ghoul showing more compassion, which ended up taking a bite out of him. Good episode lot of action.

Didn't really like Mado, aside from the fact he kept the Ghouls on their tippy toes. Hopefully his successor will be more of a BA.
Aug 21, 2014 12:10 PM

Dec 2013
I couldn't stop laughing at how badly they adapted this episode. I can hardly watch this crap
Aug 21, 2014 12:10 PM

Aug 2014

I think I choosed my words wrong. I meant that he looks more pathetic in anime than manga.
We can blame my bad language skills for this misunderstanding. :D
Aug 21, 2014 12:16 PM
Jan 2014
sosmetal said:
I'm liking Amon. He seemed very soft though. His feeling's about the world and ghouls didn't match his fighting. Which is ironic because it was the crazy ghoul showing more compassion, which ended up taking a bite out of him. Good episode lot of action.

I do agree that Amon wasn't playing his best, but keep in mind that his opponent wasn't an ordinary ghoul. Despite Kaneki's personality, he did inherit the kakuhou of an S rank ghoul. That alone makes him a much tougher opponent to beat, not to mention Rize's feral instincts taking over his mind. You should also take into account the type of quinque Amon fought with. It's a koukaku type, which is severely outclassed by Kaneki's rinkaku kagune.
Aug 21, 2014 12:19 PM

Feb 2012
Crying, crying and more crying this episode. Characters are retarded and this anime is shit.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 21, 2014 12:20 PM
Oct 2010
parfaited said:
@NeutralSide What the fuck are you doing?

lol how far along the manga was that spoiler? Kids these days just looking for attention. Fortunately I don't really care enough about this show so it didn't affect me.
Aug 21, 2014 12:23 PM

Nov 2012
Kaneki is a pile. Kill him off already and make Touka the mc.
Aug 21, 2014 12:23 PM

Jan 2014
Finally a decent, badass episode! Finally Kaneki balled up a bit. That fight with Hinami and Touka was pretty good though.
Aug 21, 2014 12:26 PM

Oct 2013
They made the fight between Kaneki and Amon a little longer and made look Kaneki a little bit more pathetic than in the manga :/ But i guess this was still decent and I still think this episode was good.
Aug 21, 2014 12:34 PM
Jan 2014
kickmesign said:
Crying, crying and more crying this episode. Characters are retarded and this anime is shit.

That's what you call a bad adaptation.

skudoops said:
parfaited said:
@NeutralSide What the fuck are you doing?

lol how far along the manga was that spoiler? Kids these days just looking for attention. Fortunately I don't really care enough about this show so it didn't affect me.

It was in the
range. I don't think it means much to anime only viewers, but an attention seeker nonetheless.

niaxato said:
Kaneki is a pile. Kill him off already and make Touka the mc.

I do like Touka myself, but at least Kaneki isn't acting like Kirito, suffering from his asspull PTSD. He gets decent developement too, though I don't know how much the anime will portray that.
Aug 21, 2014 12:36 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Saddest moment was when Hinami said she doesn't care about revenge, she just really misses her mother and father ;_;
Aug 21, 2014 12:36 PM

Jun 2014
What?.. the little girl is OP enough to take out that creeper, woe.

Well the moral question in the theme came full on this episode. Is it okay for humans to kill a species that prey on humans, but have the same emotions as humans....

And that ring?... wat?
Aug 21, 2014 12:53 PM
Oct 2013
One hell of an episode! only cons are the censorship (as always) and pacing.. but then there's this:

http://i.imgur.com/rj9VBuA.jpg

R.I.P Mado, was actually one of my Favorite Ghoul Investigators.. Even tho this episode he really did proved to be one piece of shit.
Dat Mado's Heaven tho XD.

Poor Hinamiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii TT^TT i just Cant Express my mercy for her enough.

Again, Kaneki is suddenly really REALLY BA as F***, and also-his motives are really interesting! I also liked that a lot.

Amon seems to get his interest in kaneki, maybe that's the start of Ghoul-Human Communication and Negotiations.

http://prntscr.com/4f3a0r

Also, Badass Hinami:
http://prntscr.com/4f3ay8

DA FEELS:
http://prntscr.com/4f3bwa
I'M SO SAD!

I wonder whats up with Mado's family.. and that ring, does Touka-Chan knows him somehow? and whats with all that talking about the one eyed Ghoul?

Finally, Yomo is Tough as Hell, while Amon is...
http://prntscr.com/4f3f89
NOT.

5/5 Episode, cant wait for the next one! :D
Aug 21, 2014 1:01 PM

Oct 2012
Finally, some good episode at last. What about the ring, though?
Aug 21, 2014 1:07 PM

Apr 2014
Yoyo1124 said:
One hell of an episode! only cons are the censorship (as always) and pacing.. but then there's this:

http://i.imgur.com/rj9VBuA.jpg

R.I.P Mado, was actually one of my Favorite Ghoul Investigators.. Even tho this episode he really did proved to be one piece of shit.
Dat Mado's Heaven tho XD.

Poor Hinamiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii TT^TT i just Cant Express my mercy for her enough.

Again, Kaneki is suddenly really REALLY BA as F***, and also-his motives are really interesting! I also liked that a lot.

Amon seems to get his interest in kaneki, maybe that's the start of Ghoul-Human Communication and Negotiations.

http://prntscr.com/4f3a0r

Also, Badass Hinami:
http://prntscr.com/4f3ay8

DA FEELS:
http://prntscr.com/4f3bwa
I'M SO SAD!

I wonder whats up with Mado's family.. and that ring, does Touka-Chan knows him somehow? and whats with all that talking about the one eyed Ghoul?

Finally, Yomo is Tough as Hell, while Amon is...
http://prntscr.com/4f3f89
NOT.

5/5 Episode, cant wait for the next one! :D

Touka killed someone with their own family..Hence the ring.
Hit her right in feels that she basically just killed a Father who probably has his own child and now that child lost a parent..In a F**** up way she's like mado who killed Hinami's parents.

Aug 21, 2014 1:09 PM

Nov 2012
Mich666 said:

that means he is married duh,
Aug 21, 2014 1:14 PM

Apr 2014
they finished a arc in 2 eps pretty disappointing. but great fights 3/5
Aug 21, 2014 1:16 PM

May 2009
Getting intense. Getting more complicated.

Well.. if you're thinkin it's a war, there's gotta be losses on both sides.

I really thought Hinami was the weakest and will die. But she's a growing kid.. Gotta be full of energy and emotions. But damn, she handled it really well... esp about not wanting revenge.. accepting her parents' murders. Shows that she knows how the world works and holds no regrets.

Wonder what that ring on Mado's about. What has Touka frizzled up. Who's the other half/half he wanted to get at?

I was just wondering.. Kaneki can eat himself to survive, can't he? O.o As twisted at that sounds. He's half human and delicious, and will grow back anyway. But yeah, he gotta remember it himself in his Rize moment.
_____ _ _ ______

Within pain, there is desire.

_____ _ _ ______
Aug 21, 2014 1:17 PM

Feb 2012
ninjastarforcex said:
Mich666 said:

that means he is married duh,

And she killed the person. The result most likely is going to be that married person is going to be sad.
Aug 21, 2014 1:18 PM

Oct 2010
I'm extremely disappointed with this adaptation, the only good thing about it is the animation and the opening.
Aug 21, 2014 1:21 PM
Nov 2011
Shaniyaz said:

Oho, he knows about Kaneki? Since when? O.o . Well, his time is up. Poor Amon..

Once Rize possesses Kaneki, he becomes 10X more badass! Just because it was

No no, he was talking about other one-eyed ghoul =D(he was mentioned when Kaneki was in the bar with Itori-san) and
Aug 21, 2014 1:28 PM

Jul 2013
Now this episode, don't care for the censorship, but this is probably the best episode of the series. The music, the animation, the action, and the emotional feels to this just gave my score a bump from 8 - 9 as a whole entire series. My god the feels in here were strong, the pacing was perfect in here, and I like how they show two battles from two different perspectives for the Ghouls vs Humans conflicts. Though I'm kind of surprised that Mado, is married, and I don't know why he was married.

I hope the next arc will be as great as this arc, even though there is going to be censorship later on.

Aug 21, 2014 1:30 PM

Jun 2014
I can't believe Mado died, I kind of saw it coming but I was still really shocked.
Ugh Kaneki in this episode though ;_; sometimes I feel sorry for him, sometimes I want to punch him in the face.
His efforts in making Amon try to understand is gonna go to waste since Mado dying and all...
Seeing that ring will probably haunt Touka for a while and Hinami is so mature for her age
This episode was all sorts of feels tbh
Aug 21, 2014 1:31 PM

Jun 2010
The feels so much feels !!! especially Amon's depression roar.
the cycle of hate never ends. the thirst for revenge will always remain stronger than forgiveness.
love really is a double edged sword.
<--- Who Your Waifus Look Up To --->
Aug 21, 2014 1:34 PM
Aug 2014
How did Amon and Mado knew where Rabbit and Hinami were? I don't get it did Touka set a trap through that phone call? or was it just a coincidence that Hinami went there and Mado found them? please I am confused
Aug 21, 2014 1:34 PM

Mar 2013
Loved that episode ! It was very intense ...

That Mado guy... Even though he might have his own reasons, I'm still glad that he died. He deserved it... really...

And Kaneki ...Liked his inner thoughts and speech. He surrendered to his ghoul side ( really, just for once ? XD )

Looking forward to the next episode !!
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2014

845 by Hypotrix »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2014

320 by Vindicater »»
May 8, 5:12 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

dior - Jul 10, 2014

520 by Vindicater »»
May 4, 8:19 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 3, 2014

860 by Vindicater »»
May 2, 5:29 AM

» Tokyo Ghoul ss3 killed all the hope I have for this series

DatajI - Mar 9

4 by zero00guard »»
Mar 12, 4:20 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.