Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Irregular at Magic High School (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Aug 16, 2014 8:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Lol, did Mayumi just get teased?

We get some speedy magic this episode. Dat scooter. This episode felt kinda slow though. We'll probably a more glance at their magical technology soon. Mm shit got real at the end there.
Aug 16, 2014 8:58 AM

Nov 2007
lol @ the main guy teasing class rep. girl.

A group investigating main siblings, and people noticing something about it.

Targetting on the academy because of involving in military? (meaning that main guy?)
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Aug 16, 2014 9:00 AM
Mar 2014
Mayumi got teased by Tatsuya

Talked about the magic technology competition

spies, spies everywhere

Erika's brother got teased by Fujibayashi

USNA black ops member confrontation with Erika and Leo

Told them about the plans of East

episode ended at USNA black ops member getting killed by the East spec ops leader
aikido01Aug 16, 2014 9:04 AM
Aug 16, 2014 10:15 AM
Jul 2011
Take that Mayumi.
I always thought this is the part I always like about Tatsuya.
So Mayumi forget about surveillance camera?
Lean onto Mayumi if there was no camera, joking?
rladls717Aug 16, 2014 10:19 AM
Aug 16, 2014 10:35 AM
Apr 2014
Mayumi's specialty is flirting? Then they havent seen Tatsuya flirt.

USNA Black Ops is damn genetics... Being able to put up with Erika and Leo without Magic is god damn strong.

I always find this weird but does guns really that powerful?...Tatsuya almost died against a sniper and Erika and Leo are afraid of a handgun.....?

IDK which I'll be more afraid:>
Aug 16, 2014 11:44 AM

Aug 2010
Dat Mayumi teasing scene was so good :3 KanaHana and blushing Mayumi's "Ehhh" was so lol and cute <3 Good job Tatsuya XD

The Erika+Leo fight wasn't bad. But that guy got OWNED by Lu XD

Fujibayashi using her womanly charms was pretty nice to see XD

And no Onii-sama the whole episode!! What is this MADNESS O_O
Aug 16, 2014 11:45 AM

Nov 2013
That infernal music they use at the beginning of episodes and during light conversation absolutely slays me. It's so overused, DO THEY HAVE NOTHING ELSE?
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Aug 16, 2014 11:48 AM
Jan 2014
The prologue of the episode was cringeworthy. We already knew that Godsuya was a player.

Wait, since when is Kanon so close to Mikihiko?

Only if Godsuya was there when Jiro pointed a gun towards Erika and Leo, the fight was though. Ponytail Erika ftw.

I feel bad for Jiro, he had a very brutal death.

Meh episode, too many boring dialogues...

Vexper said:
That infernal music they use at the beginning of episodes and during light conversation absolutely slays me. It's so overused, DO THEY HAVE NOTHING ELSE?

They do, in fact they have plenty of enjoyable tracks to use. Taku Iwasaki is a good composer. The sound director on the other hand is quite bad.
Aug 16, 2014 11:49 AM
May 2013
Anyone care to explain to me what happens to the students after they graduate from the high school? It seems to me that they're still sticking around and also dressing as regular students....
Aug 16, 2014 11:50 AM

Apr 2008
WatashiWaZero said:
Anyone care to explain to me what happens to the students after they graduate from the high school? It seems to me that they're still sticking around and also dressing as regular students....

They haven't graduated yet. The terms for office expire before that.
Aug 16, 2014 11:53 AM

May 2014
WatashiWaZero said:

If your referring to Mayumi,etc she hasn't graduated yet,for your question about after graduating highschool they can choose to go either to the Magic University (other options aside from the military,but you can still work for the military after you graduate) or College of Defense (basically it's like preparing to join the military).
Aug 16, 2014 11:54 AM

Jul 2014
onii-sama just played with mayumi, damn that player....

nice fight erikaxleo, but who is that Lu, he's just too powerful (?) and his brutality...

fujibayashi being girl-like is really amusing too :3
a dual-sword wielder, fire element in right arm and ice element in left arm
Aug 16, 2014 12:01 PM

Feb 2014
Looks like onii-sama is cheating on Miyuki....

They were being pursued by a girl and then by a guy, that guy dies at the end with the appearance of The Man-eating tiger.. what?

I really like the action on this series I really would have liked if there would have been more...
llcruzAug 16, 2014 12:05 PM
Aug 16, 2014 12:01 PM

Apr 2013
looks like things are heating up now.

good episode.

also by the end of this arc how much of the novel is adapted?

asking because i wonder if a second season is already possible
Aug 16, 2014 12:02 PM

Nov 2013
-Resident- said:

Vexper said:

They do, in fact they have plenty of enjoyable tracks to use. Taku Iwasaki is a good composer. The sound director on the other hand is quite bad.

Oh yes Iwasaki is great, the music in Katanagatari & Black Cat made me aware of him. I'm not going to hold his previous accomplishments against this though, some of the tracks are absolutely awful and the sound director enjoys drilling it into our skulls with the same track over and over.

There's no unique flavour to the BGM at all, it feels pretty generic and doesn't serve it's purpose as being BGM. Everytime that awful track plays it just takes precedence in the scene because it's used so much it becomes too noticeable and overwhelming to be played off as gentle BGM.
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Aug 16, 2014 12:03 PM

May 2014
xSanox said:

good episode.

vol 6 and 7.vol 14 will be released in September.
Aug 16, 2014 12:04 PM

Apr 2008
Vexper said:
-Resident- said:

Oh yes Iwasaki is great, the music in Katanagatari & Black Cat made me aware of him. I'm not going to hold his previous accomplishments against this though, some of the tracks are absolutely awful and the sound director enjoys drilling it into our skulls with the same track over and over.

There's no unique flavour to the BGM at all, it feels pretty generic and doesn't serve it's purpose as being BGM. Everytime that awful track plays it just takes precedence in the scene because it's used so much it becomes too noticeable and overwhelming to be played off as gentle BGM.

Wait Taku Iwasaki is doing the OST for this? It doesn't sound like his work AT ALL I know he's doing the OST for AKame Ga Kill and that definitely fits his style but nothing in Mahouka sounded like Taku Iwasaki so far...
Aug 16, 2014 12:07 PM

May 2013
It was funny seeing Mayumi getting teased in the beginning. This was a good episode.
Aug 16, 2014 12:07 PM

May 2010
This was probably the best episode by far. Much of it is owed to the fact that they just let the scenes speak for themselves. Also, no Miyuki whatsoever.
Aug 16, 2014 12:08 PM

Nov 2013
Darklight0303 said:

Wait Taku Iwasaki is doing the OST for this? It doesn't sound like his work AT ALL I know he's doing the OST for AKame Ga Kill and that definitely fits his style but nothing in Mahouka sounded like Taku Iwasaki so far...

Precisely, I wasn't even initially aware that he was doing the music for this series when it first started, I'm pretty disappointed to say the least.
Aug 16, 2014 12:08 PM

Apr 2008
Vexper said:
^ Precisely, I wasn't even initially aware that he was doing the music for this series when it first started, I'm pretty disappointed to say the least.

I'm thinking they didn't pay him enough to bring on his A game for the series >_>
Aug 16, 2014 12:12 PM

Jan 2014
Loved that part with Mayumi...she was teasing Tatsuya, but she was the one that got teased in the end...lol
I would love to see Tatsuya kick some bad-guy asses in the next episodes...
Got something to live for, I know that I won't surrender,
A warrior of youth,
I'm taking over, a shot to the new world order
I Am Bulletproof. . .

Aug 16, 2014 12:13 PM
Jan 2014
Vexper said:
-Resident- said:

I think the OST is great, only as a standalone piece though. I have listened through the first volume of the OST and I think there are plenty of nice tracks.
Like the one entitled "Miyuki" for example. It's such a good electronic track, too bad it's underused. Such a shame when a good composer gets paired with a bad sound director.

Darklight0303 said:

Yeah, Iwasaki composed the OST. I know it might sound a bit out of range for him, since he takes on a classier approach. He's proven to have a lot of variety in his works though.
Aug 16, 2014 12:17 PM

Sep 2013
Damn Tatsuya is so hot, I'm wet and I didn't even touch myself ;)
I'd go gay for him XD no joke

Aug 16, 2014 12:49 PM

Apr 2013
I also immensely enjoyed the Mayumi teasing scene and thought the action was pretty solid this episode. I will readily admit though, I have very little to no idea what exactly is going on plot-wise in this arc especially involving the detectives and other parties swirling about. Would someone throw me a plot lifeline?
Aug 16, 2014 12:51 PM

May 2010
deanzel said:
I also immensely enjoyed the Mayumi teasing scene and thought the action was pretty solid this episode. I will readily admit though, I have very little to no idea what exactly is going on plot-wise in this arc including the detectives. Would someone throw me a plot lifeline?

China+Korea is trying to steal secrets/invade Japan because somethingsomething.
Aug 16, 2014 12:53 PM
Apr 2014
Lu GongHu is bad news...
Aug 16, 2014 12:55 PM

Aug 2014
wrenchbread said:
deanzel said:
I also immensely enjoyed the Mayumi teasing scene and thought the action was pretty solid this episode. I will readily admit though, I have very little to no idea what exactly is going on plot-wise in this arc including the detectives. Would someone throw me a plot lifeline?

China+Korea is trying to steal secrets/invade Japan because somethingsomething.

Meanwhile behind the scenes someone is using the dirty Chinese to get back at the Yotsuba Clan.
Aug 16, 2014 1:06 PM

Jul 2009
hanakana's "EHHHHHH???" HNGHHHHHH.
Aug 16, 2014 1:08 PM

Feb 2012
Ah yea, that Tatsuya's totally gonna bang Mayumi. I bet he has cad specially programmed for her butt.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 16, 2014 1:18 PM
Jul 2014
xSanox said:

good episode.

By the end of this arc, the first 7 novels will have been completed. There are currently 13 novels released in Japan with the Author saying something about 20+ novels on completion.
Aug 16, 2014 1:23 PM
Jan 2013
Ok, looks like some shadow figures were after the siblings.

I starting to think that this anime has some geo political thing in it, especially when it involves China and Korea where Japan is currently having some issues with.
Aug 16, 2014 1:36 PM

May 2014
I HATE THIS EPISODE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
TATSUYA X MAYUMI NO!!!!!!!!!!
TATSUYA X MIYUKI YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"I lost all of what you could call feelings of love. They weren't sealed, so they can't be released. They weren't broken, so they can't be fixed. That which is lost, cannot be recovered." Shiba Tatsuya
"There are no regrets. If one can be proud of one's life, one should not wish for another chance." Saber
"No matter what happens, no matter how crazy things get, I'll always try to restore balance." Korra
"It's madness to let others take what's yours and accept it blindly." Baatar Jr
"Instinct is a lie, told by a fearful body, hoping to be wrong." Zaheer
"Partner in crime, partner in time" Chloe Price and Max Caulfield
Aug 16, 2014 1:36 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Oni-sama is whispering softly in other girls ears. Miyuki will not take lightly to that...

The bit at the end with the Western agent being slain was unexpectedly violent.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Aug 16, 2014 1:44 PM

Mar 2009
didn't hear a single onii-sama in this episode XD
Aug 16, 2014 1:55 PM

May 2014
I SWEAR IF TATSUYA AND MIYUKI DONT END UP TOGHETHER AT THE END I WILL KILL THE PRODUCERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"I lost all of what you could call feelings of love. They weren't sealed, so they can't be released. They weren't broken, so they can't be fixed. That which is lost, cannot be recovered." Shiba Tatsuya
"There are no regrets. If one can be proud of one's life, one should not wish for another chance." Saber
"No matter what happens, no matter how crazy things get, I'll always try to restore balance." Korra
"It's madness to let others take what's yours and accept it blindly." Baatar Jr
"Instinct is a lie, told by a fearful body, hoping to be wrong." Zaheer
"Partner in crime, partner in time" Chloe Price and Max Caulfield
Aug 16, 2014 1:58 PM
Jul 2014
It amazes me how an episode can be almost nothing but dialogue and yet no actual information is explained. All of it is just meaningless words, characters explain plot points for no reason because they give no impression that they're explaining these terms to someone who doesn't understand them but rather a need to fulfill an exposition quota.

Really frustrating to watch.

Also, if guns are so threatening to stop the two of them dead in their tracks, why is the dude using knives at all(or why is anyone bothering with magic-enhanced melee weapons? Because anime?)
Aug 16, 2014 1:58 PM
Jul 2014
WHERE'S THE "ONII-SAMA"!?!?!

Anyway, this was good. I really like Mayumi especially when she was teased, while Fujibayashi is a cutie. 6 episodes left though, and I still feel like it's a little slow still. We'll see how it'll picks up without being too rushed, hopefully.
Aug 16, 2014 2:00 PM
Jul 2018
Mayumi tried to tease Tatsuya at the beginning.

Erika & Leo vs. Jiro was pretty average.
Aug 16, 2014 2:12 PM

Dec 2011
Glad they didn't left out that Mayumi and Tatsuya scene, it was gold in the LN.

They did left out an interesting inner monologue of Fujibayashi, but oh well, it's not really important.
Aug 16, 2014 2:35 PM

Mar 2014
Wow Tatsuya actually kinda opened up and showed some kind of emotion. It was funny seeing how Saegusa is usually calm and collected and now she's all embarrassed and flustered lol. That Western spy got killed in like 10 seconds even though he was so "skilled".
Aug 16, 2014 2:40 PM

Jul 2014
Needs more onii-sama
Aug 16, 2014 2:42 PM

Apr 2008
Phoenix1220 said:
Wow Tatsuya actually kinda opened up and showed some kind of emotion. It was funny seeing how Saegusa is usually calm and collected and now she's all embarrassed and flustered lol. That Western spy got killed in like 10 seconds even though he was so "skilled".

That chinese guy is a menace known world wide for his power.
Aug 16, 2014 2:52 PM

May 2014
y123y said:
Its really sad how the comment section is slow now ever since SAO and Aldnoah started airing on Saturdays also. Mahouka should have moved to airing another day ever since those two animes started to air on Saturdays.

But aother forum is rejoicing as most trolls went away,what we are left are those that just hate the series,and actually post something than just it sucks.
Aug 16, 2014 3:02 PM

Jul 2013
The teasing scene was great! So glad they didn't cut that out. I hate how the anime makes Tatsuya seem more lifeless than he actually is. Episode was paced pretty well. As for what happened at the end Jiro was stabbed in the throat. Just wish we got to see it.
-Dizzy-Aug 16, 2014 3:05 PM
Aug 16, 2014 3:19 PM

May 2008
Great episode. Why? No sister!!!
Aug 16, 2014 3:21 PM

Oct 2013
deanzel said:
I also immensely enjoyed the Mayumi teasing scene and thought the action was pretty solid this episode. I will readily admit though, I have very little to no idea what exactly is going on plot-wise in this arc especially involving the detectives and other parties swirling about. Would someone throw me a plot lifeline?

The Thesis competition is coinciding with the unlawful entry of some people who seem to be eyeing vital magic information. The people entering are members of the GAA. The Japanese police is involved, evidenced by the presence of Erika's older brother, and the military is also involved, evidenced by the presence of Fujibayashi Kyouko of the 10st Battalion. Long story short, Yokohama's about to become a really hot spot.
Aug 16, 2014 3:32 PM

Aug 2011
Miki-Miki-Fanboy said:
Needs more onii-sama

I love these trolls..
Aug 16, 2014 3:33 PM

Jul 2013
LOL the teasing scene. That was good.
Everything else was okay.
Got to see Erika and Leo in action for a bit
Aug 16, 2014 3:50 PM

Dec 2011
Loved the first bit. Hahaha.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 27, 2014

457 by ExSant0 »»
Apr 19, 2:43 PM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 3, 2014

308 by taifd77 »»
Apr 6, 8:00 AM

» Romance Tag?

akihiko132 - Dec 8, 2020

4 by fqdnl »»
Apr 3, 6:27 PM

Poll: » Shipping For Tatsuya X .......

Ricky16 - Sep 1, 2023

28 by AGiantWeeb »»
Mar 24, 6:34 AM

» Question for LN readers

Artorias94 - Feb 19

4 by StarZone1 »»
Feb 20, 4:26 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.