Forum Settings
Forums
New
Aug 8, 2014 3:32 PM

Jul 2013
I play the game. I absolutely love the game. It is my favorite game for the PS3.
Aug 8, 2014 3:37 PM

Aug 2014
Picked it up recently. It's alright so far. Combat is quite different from other Tales games. The difficulty seems to be inconsistent. I can handle random encounters leading up the the boss on Evil (haven't unlocked the difficulty afterward), but the boss would destroy me in one combo.

Who do you recommend to be player-controlled? I've been using Hubert, but he's 5 levels below the rest of the group. I got pretty good with Asbel, but he's an idiot so I dropped him. I've been using Hubert and the girls.
Sieg Zeon!
Aug 8, 2014 3:40 PM

Jan 2012
I got 214h on it, only missing the 60seconds trophies. Could be done with the game a long time ago but I decided to go for full 100% and not just platinum.
I played Asbel cause it's the easiest to play with, Pascal I heard is very good player controlled since the computer doesn't handle her too well
Aug 9, 2014 5:02 PM

Jul 2014
Has anyone played any of the Tales of the World Radiant Mythology games for psp? Worth getting?
Aug 9, 2014 6:37 PM

Feb 2005
ComicConReviews said:
Has anyone played any of the Tales of the World Radiant Mythology games for psp? Worth getting?
It's basically your average Tales but with only the dungeon crawling and fighty bits. Pretty fun imo.
Aug 10, 2014 5:39 AM

Jul 2014
Baman said:
ComicConReviews said:
It's basically your average Tales but with only the dungeon crawling and fighty bits. Pretty fun imo.

Sound awesome, dungeon fighting is my fave part of JRPG's.
Have you played just the original or the Japanese sequels that came out?

I got my eyes on a version of the 3rd one but it's only partly in English wondering if it's worth it.
Aug 10, 2014 6:55 AM

Feb 2005
Just the original. Prolly wouldn't be a problem if it's in Jap though, the gameplay should be self explanatory enough and the story is thin enough to be disregarded anyways.
Aug 20, 2014 10:38 PM
Aug 2014
PencilSharpener said:
Picked it up recently. It's alright so far. Combat is quite different from other Tales games. The difficulty seems to be inconsistent. I can handle random encounters leading up the the boss on Evil (haven't unlocked the difficulty afterward), but the boss would destroy me in one combo.

yeah i agree the difficulty spike is just too high, i usually use asbel (i dunno y) my party is well at the level to take on a boss in a certain area but when i got to the boss fight the boss would do some op moves n i can't really counter it's attack
Aug 21, 2014 2:17 AM

Mar 2014
I finished the game awhile ago but I think it's probably my least favorite in the series. The story is too cheesy for my liking but it was worth the money.
Aug 21, 2014 9:25 PM

Jul 2013
The only tale's game I ever played was tales of destiny oh the memories.
Aug 22, 2014 7:20 AM

Jun 2014
I don't own it, but I've considered purchasing it, and I will, when the day comes that I can buy a Model 2 PS3 second hand for under $100.

Aug 22, 2014 11:44 AM

Nov 2007
I own it in Japanese and English. It's a lot of fun! I never did beat the final boss of the f-arc (I need to level up more), though.

The battle system is one of my favorites in a TALES game; the other being Tales of Destiny Director's Cut. I love the fast pace, the side step, and the lack of TP.
Aug 22, 2014 11:46 AM

Apr 2014
no, but i have played tales of the abyss
Ha. Ha. HA. HA. HA. HA. HA. HA.
I'm laughing because you got hurt.
Aug 23, 2014 12:18 AM

Aug 2014
Finished this game (main story) today. I had tears during the ending, because Asbel is so damn boring. His voice and dialogue are extremely lethargic. Not my favorite Tales game, but the battle system was fun, due to it being more active and involved defensively than other Tales games. Sophie in Patty's costume and Poisson were damn cute, and Pascal was hilarious. Story was standard JRPG fare, but I don't play Tales games for their stories.

Also, I don't care for digital, but it's on sale for $10 for a few days, if anyone is interested.
Sieg Zeon!
Aug 23, 2014 10:37 AM

Nov 2009
My other half has that particular Tales game. She has barely started though but the main character looked like a real goon that would do nothing but annoy me throughout.

Currently playing through Tales of Symphonia Chronicles on my own PS3 with Tales of Xillia following after that.
Aug 23, 2014 10:39 AM

Jun 2009
Your passion for it is wonderful. Actually I think it is the weakest of the Tales Games I have played. (Sypmhonia, Abyss, Veserpia, Graces f, Xillia, Xilla 2), The characters are just not likeable enough and the plot is not as dark or as decision ridden as the others. It is just lighter. I guess I could not enjoy it enough.

Where there is no imagination there is no horror. || Arthur Conan Doyle || Happy Halloween!
Aug 23, 2014 11:04 AM
Jul 2018
I never really got around to finishing it but from what I've played of it, I thought it was okay but not as enjoyable as the other entries...though I gotta admit the battle system was pretty fun and addicting though! Need to get around to picking it up again once I get a new ps3 ^^
Aug 23, 2014 5:22 PM

Sep 2013
When compared to other Tales games like Abyss, Symphonia, Xillia, and Vesperia, its pretty mediocre, the story and and characters are also the weakest of the Tales series.
Aug 23, 2014 5:31 PM

Nov 2012
I played it. Very fun game. From all the tales series it has the best combat system imo. But Tales of abyss is best i think. Tales of symphonia was nice too but i could not finish it myself --__--. Tales of Xillia 2 is a f*cking rip of just saying.
Aug 24, 2014 1:45 AM

Sep 2008
Played it a while ago, came out disappointed. The story and characters (excluding Pascal) were some of the worst I've ever seen. The combat, however, was definitely the best of any Tales game I've played. If you don't care about story or characters, it's great, otherwise, I wouldn't recommend it.

More topics from this board

» Exploring the Intersection of Games, Computers, and Tech Support: A Guide for Android App Development Companies in Saudi Arabia

johnsrp - 6 hours ago

0 by johnsrp »»
6 hours ago

» whats your least favorite video game

_spoon_ - Dec 10, 2021

30 by Kajiuran »»
8 hours ago

» What's the best handheld console you recommend?

CursedFein - Apr 20

6 by rohan121 »»
11 hours ago

» Looking for more Anime Pixel Games

Astachanna - Apr 4

9 by Timeline_man »»
12 hours ago

» Are We Headed For Another Video Game Crash?

Retro8bit - Mar 15

14 by Timeline_man »»
12 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.