Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Aug 5, 2014 11:34 AM

Mar 2012
Lots of 1-4 votes...Really want to watch that one, but not sure if I should...looking for something entertaining with an actual story, plot etc.
Aug 5, 2014 12:20 PM

Jan 2012
It definitely isn't that great but it's not that bad either imo...
Anyway you can just try one episode and you'll know xD
Aug 5, 2014 12:26 PM

Jan 2013
It can be a pain in the ass to watch.

Get it?
Aug 5, 2014 12:38 PM

May 2012
SolvyTwerk4Jesus said:
It can be a pain in the ass to watch.

Get it?

-laughs- Indeed! :DD

But its not that bad. Taking this from someone who have never actually played the game before. There is a decent enough story and the characters are progressing along. But considering that it is only on ep5 or so. I think it would be wiser if you actually watch like one ep or so as everyone would have different opinions and whatnot. So yeahh..
""You think you're special? You're not. Everyone lies, everyone hides things...
Nobody makes it through this life being completely honest."
- Izaya

Aug 5, 2014 1:59 PM
Jun 2012
As someone who has played the game, I honestly did not expect it to turn out as well as it has as an anime adaptation. The plot is surprisingly solid so far, I don't know why it would earn ratings below a five (expect for episode 3, which was broadcasted before the animation was finalized).
Aug 5, 2014 2:45 PM

Dec 2012
I suspect the route it's taking is the normal route without the BL, as someone who hasn't played the game either I think it's pretty good based on what I've heard.
Aug 5, 2014 4:44 PM
Jul 2013
It's pretty bad for me, give it a go if you want. The title is very misleading.
Aug 5, 2014 10:01 PM

Nov 2007
I'm enjoying it, but I wasn't expecting it to be a 10, nor even an 8. I'd put it around the 6-7 mark for me. around episode 4 or 5 it really starts to get into the meat of the story. I'm not sure how far they're going to take it, though, since I can't see them resolving the /entire/ storyline in 12 eps. But I've been wrong about that before.
Aug 7, 2014 10:47 AM

May 2010
1st - The majority of people on this site is male. A group of them has something against BL (dunno maybe homophoba?) They purposely add such anime in their lists only to rate them low. A little research and staying away from such titles wouldn't hurt but nope. I mean, I am a guy too but I still respect anime aimed at all type of people. Besides bl ain't bad if done right.

2nd - The adaptation ain't as good as the vn players thought it would be. Inconsistent art and stuff. I haven't played it though.

3rd - The title is misleading. There are no murder scenes so yup, many feel disappointed.

These are the main reasons for those low ratings as far as I think.
Aug 8, 2014 4:58 AM

Mar 2014
It's not that bad, but it's not a masterpiece either... It's a 6/10 for me

I've never played the game though (I've only stumbled over some yaoi scenes on Youtube once or twice at three o'clock in the morning) ... it's probably better than the anime.
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Aug 8, 2014 1:51 PM

Jul 2012
TragicRomance said:
1st - The majority of people on this site is male. A group of them has something against BL (dunno maybe homophoba?) They purposely add such anime in their lists only to rate them low. A little research and staying away from such titles wouldn't hurt but nope. I mean, I am a guy too but I still respect anime aimed at all type of people. Besides bl ain't bad if done right.

2nd - The adaptation ain't as good as the vn players thought it would be. Inconsistent art and stuff. I haven't played it though.

3rd - The title is misleading. There are no murder scenes so yup, many feel disappointed.

These are the main reasons for those low ratings as far as I think.

1-Pretty much this (and probably the main reason, adding tumblr fujoshis raging onto this because of the animation for some reason, when is not even that important to DMMd).

2- Inconsistent art/animation is the only reason that can be even mentioned at this point (and probably 2 or 3 people unsatisfied with how they managed the foreshadowings just because it was not like the game, when they were considerably better).

3- The title is also in the game, so... this is a problem for both VN and adaptations

PS: Yup, I'm kinda pissed with everyone hating on this for nonsensical reasons. Yaoi or Yuri, bad animation or not, DMMd is all about story and unpredictable plot-twists towards the end.
Aug 8, 2014 9:35 PM

Jul 2012
I feel like it's this season's Mekaku City Actors. As a non-game player, it's kind of boring and/or confusing in general. Nowhere as bad as MCA though.
Aug 9, 2014 11:58 AM
Nov 2010
It's not as bad as TnC but it's just ...boring. At least you laughed or cried at TnC for how horrible it was..but this is meh.

To be honest I kind of lost my interest after episode 3. Since that kiss is pretty much the only BL thing you will ever see from the anime.

And I don't remember the story in the game to be so boring. Wow. I remember that when I got to the part where you had to save his granny I got much more pumped up than how the anime depicted it. Supposed rape scene was also retarded, they didn't deliver.

It's just that everyone came in for the BL, not story. And it would be stupid to make an anime with so many gay undertones and trick certain people that really have an interest for the concept into watching it. But heeey let's advertise our shitty PSVita game that doesn't even have sex scenes hurrr.
Aug 9, 2014 12:45 PM

Jul 2012
sandflow said:
It's not as bad as TnC but it's just ...boring. At least you laughed or cried at TnC for how horrible it was..but this is meh.

TnC was bad adapted, tho.

It's just that everyone came in for the BL, not story. But heeey let's advertise our shitty PSVita game that doesn't even have sex scenes hurrr.

What a silly argument.
No one ever cared about BL in DRAMAtical Murder (exception being 20-30% of the western fanbase on tumblr). It gained so much attention mainly because of the story and the great character development.

You sounds like those guys that only cares about lolis in Madoka Magica.

Also, a VN don't need to be +18 to be great. Is quite the opposite. When they don't have H-scenes (Console version), they focus in other points that are more important (normally adding new scenes for the storyline).

And it would be stupid to make an anime with so many gay undertones and trick certain people that really have an interest for the concept into watching it.

The VN does not even have that much BL content anyway. During the entire common route, most of the characters are straight (including the MC). Only in the very end of the game (chosen route), we have some of the so-mentioned h-scenes.

And is not like they said they would ommit BL content, we already got the kiss, the only BL element in the common route (not counting pseudo-rape, because that was obvious to not be adapted to begin with), so what is your point saying this?
Aug 10, 2014 4:01 AM
Jul 2013
sandflow said:

It's just that everyone came in for the BL, not story. And it would be stupid to make an anime with so many gay undertones and trick certain people that really have an interest for the concept into watching it. But heeey let's advertise our shitty PSVita game that doesn't even have sex scenes hurrr.

That's really silly.I haven't played the game but I've watched playthroughs in youtube and although I haven't watched all routes,I can say it has an extremely interesting plot for a BL game.Even without the sex scenes,it would've been really enjoyable.Saying everyone is only watching it for the BL is kind of stupid,considering the fact that the entire common route goes without it,so your argument is invalid.

Anyways,now that they've almost finished adapting the common route,I wonder which route they're going to take..Since I haven't seen all of them in the game,I might take a little break from the anime,finish the game,and then continue with the anime,because it might be kind of confusing as they skip a lot of stuff.
Yaoi is love~
Aug 10, 2014 9:55 AM
Nov 2010
Danpmss said:
sandflow said:

It's just that everyone came in for the BL, not story. But heeey let's advertise our shitty PSVita game that doesn't even have sex scenes hurrr.

What a silly argument.
No one ever cared about BL in DRAMAtical Murder (exception being 20-30% of the western fanbase on tumblr). It gained so much attention mainly because of the story and the great character development.

Also, a VN don't need to be +18 to be great. Is quite the opposite. When they don't have H-scenes (Console version), they focus in other points that are more important (normally adding new scenes for the storyline).

And it would be stupid to make an anime with so many gay undertones and trick certain people that really have an interest for the concept into watching it.

The VN does not even have that much BL content anyway. During the entire common route, most of the characters are straight (including the MC). Only in the very end of the game (chosen route), we have some of the so-mentioned h-scenes.

And is not like they said they would ommit BL content, we already got the kiss, the only BL element in the common route (not counting pseudo-rape, because that was obvious to not be adapted to begin with), so what is your point saying this?

Don't get me wrong, the plot is good enough to keep you engaged until the end. But that doesn't really work in an anime.

But let's be honest here, you're playing it because you have a favourite route that you want to finish,you want to be rewarded for taking such an interest into that route, and you want to interact a lot with that character. That's why I said that people play and watch this for the BL. In the game you gain control while the anime does what the director wants to do.

And if you take that part from the series you're pretty much left with an empty shell. The plot is okay but it doesn't profit from its concept, like they don't add more rhyme battles or gang battles or whatever. They just start adding more and more complicated stuff (true route) to sound deep.
sandflowAug 10, 2014 10:05 AM
Aug 10, 2014 12:38 PM

Jun 2012
It's not like super bad but it isn't that great either. I mean on a scale of 1-10, it looks like a 6 or 7. For an anime, it's mediocre.
Compared to the game, it's a little sad. I mean, I wasn't expecting them to be exactly the same but I expected more than what we're given.
Also, I was hoping it would be just a little more yaoi. Because that was the best part of the game, getting to know the characters better. I hope they can still pull that off though without yaoi.
Just waiting y’know...for death. If you also are waiting for sweet death...cool (・u・)
My list that has slightly more watched than PTW anime.
Aug 10, 2014 2:22 PM

Jul 2012
sandflow said:
Danpmss said:

What a silly argument.

Don't get me wrong, the plot is good enough to keep you engaged until the end. But that doesn't really work in an anime.

But let's be honest here, you're playing it because you have a favourite route that you want to finish,you want to be rewarded for taking such an interest into that route, and you want to interact a lot with that character. That's why I said that people play and watch this for the BL. In the game you gain control while the anime does what the director wants to do.

And if you take that part from the series you're pretty much left with an empty shell. The plot is okay but it doesn't profit from its concept, like they don't add more rhyme battles or gang battles or whatever. They just start adding more and more complicated stuff (true route) to sound deep.

Lets just say that I'm not even into BL (I respect it, but I'm not into AT ALL).
That's my point already (and the point of lots of other friends of mine).

After finishing all the routes and going to the true route, that is the main reason the story is so good (there were powerful plot twists and intelligent foreshadowings everywhere), and that's why everyone know and love.

LilTinyVamp said:
It's not like super bad but it isn't that great either. I mean on a scale of 1-10, it looks like a 6 or 7. For an anime, it's mediocre.
Compared to the game, it's a little sad. I mean, I wasn't expecting them to be exactly the same but I expected more than what we're given.
Also, I was hoping it would be just a little more yaoi. Because that was the best part of the game, getting to know the characters better. I hope they can still pull that off though without yaoi.

Read this:
"The VN does not even have that much BL content anyway. During the entire common route, most of the characters are straight (including the MC). Only in the very end of the game (chosen route), we have some of the so-mentioned h-scenes.

And is not like they said they would ommit BL content, we already got the kiss, the only BL element in the common route (not counting pseudo-rape, because that was obvious to not be adapted to begin with), so what is your point saying this?"
Aug 10, 2014 8:56 PM
Jul 2014
I tried it, it didn't work out for me so I'm dropping it.
Aug 10, 2014 9:03 PM

Nov 2013
Well the story is slow at first but it kicks off eventually, I'm not going to say it bad or good until it finishes, so if I were you I would wait until it's done airing.
BISH IM IN NARNIA <3
Aug 14, 2014 7:35 PM

Apr 2010
It's bad compared to the VN. For audience who didn't play the VN are probably going to be confused until up to episode 6, perhaps they can catch up at 7+. It'd never rival the VN anyway.
Aug 18, 2014 9:11 AM

Jan 2014
I recommend it if you have played the game, you get good laughs when everything is so failed in the anime xD Otherwise no, because it's pretty confusing, if you're interested, play the game first, it's hundred times better.
Sep 1, 2014 2:36 PM

Feb 2014
It's pretty boring when it starts off but when it gets to episode 5ish it starts to get pretty interesting. I've seen 7 episodes so far and I'd put it at a 7 or so.
Noodle070Sep 3, 2014 12:20 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 1, 2014 10:12 PM

Oct 2013
The animators definitely are.

I'm only sticking with it because I'm loyal to the series... this is what I get for my trouble.
Sep 11, 2014 4:53 PM
Feb 2008
I'm also thinking of watching this but I am a bit unclear about how the different parts of the story / background info relate to each other and what themes ares going to be given prominence. I'm not interested in the BL part (though nothing against it), or the gaming part, but the idea that a resort took over an island seems to be an interesting social issue that you don't see much in anime. Anyone has any idea how much this plays into the plot development? Or is it just going to be the background to action and fighting?
Sep 12, 2014 4:57 AM

Apr 2014
It's not bad but it's not particulary interesting either and felt very slow in the begining and now I'm just kind of confused but it's not a 1-4 anime lmao, there are much worse shows than this.
Sep 14, 2014 6:59 PM

Jan 2009
Kalstar said:
I'm also thinking of watching this but I am a bit unclear about how the different parts of the story / background info relate to each other and what themes ares going to be given prominence. I'm not interested in the BL part (though nothing against it), or the gaming part, but the idea that a resort took over an island seems to be an interesting social issue that you don't see much in anime. Anyone has any idea how much this plays into the plot development? Or is it just going to be the background to action and fighting?

Actually, way more than BL or Rhyme/Rib, the situation with Platinum Jail is a big, BIG thing. The only BL element in the common route is a kiss, which Aoba (the MC) freaks out hilariously over. Rhyme gets a brief nod in the first few episodes, but it's not really touched on again (this was also the case in the VN, though it gets a little more showcase there), and Rib? Don't make me laugh. You don't learn a single thing about that game, even though

Seriously, if you're thinking of giving it a look, wait until next Sunday, when the finally episode airs and just watch it then. It's only 12 episodes, so it wouldn't kill to just watch it through. Don't expect stellar animation, though. It's not perfect, though it has some rather gorgeous moments.
Sep 15, 2014 8:17 PM

Jul 2012
Definitely not as bad as other game adaption anime like Danganronpa or Mekaku City Actors (which was music videos but similar idea okay). It's just that 12 episodes can't really cover all of the story material and it's rushed as heck.

Rueby said:
It's bad compared to the VN. For audience who didn't play the VN are probably going to be confused until up to episode 6, perhaps they can catch up at 7+. It'd never rival the VN anyway.

^ See, I haven't even played the game but I can say the game is much more superior.
Oct 10, 2014 9:52 AM

Oct 2014
After watching the first six minuets of the first episode I dropped it like a bat.

Later on I saw a few more clips from the end of the anime. I greatly regret that decision because I can't get clear's pathetically animated knife scene out of my head.

It was so obvious that it was made to just give the already existing dmmd fans something to talk about. The animation is incredibly terrible, not even counting the episode 3 accident. The story is choppy and the scenes don't flow.

It's just not worth you time.
Oct 10, 2014 9:57 AM

Oct 2014
Anmoly97 said:
It's pretty bad for me, give it a go if you want. The title is very misleading.

"the title is very misleading"

I had to laugh, it's so true!
Nov 29, 2021 9:40 PM
Dec 2017
This is the worst yaoi i have ever seen in my life. And i can see why @iva- call this yaoi shit yaoi and this also ruins my argument about adaptations of video games that can actually be good.

More topics from this board

Poll: » DRAMAtical Murder Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

onoda - Aug 24, 2014

62 by girlsbravofan06 »»
Jun 2, 2023 10:54 PM

Poll: » DRAMAtical Murder Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

onoda - Jul 13, 2014

74 by RVTempest »»
May 7, 2023 1:11 PM

» Dramatical Murder New Webtoon Adaptation

Destinesia - Feb 1, 2023

2 by DxvilTears »»
Feb 3, 2023 5:31 PM

Poll: » DRAMAtical Murder Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

onoda - Sep 21, 2014

74 by yveltalkyogre »»
Jan 11, 2023 3:25 PM

Poll: » DRAMAtical Murder Episode 11 Discussion

onoda - Sep 14, 2014

23 by ann_sordo »»
Jul 12, 2022 2:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.