Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jul 31, 2014 2:14 PM

Aug 2012
I think I just came.
Jul 31, 2014 2:19 PM

Dec 2010
jimjameswhatever said:
I think the good thing is, regardless of whether or not you like these cliches, is that there is meaning to these things Shibasaki is making connections with.

I've said it before already, but the connection between people that puzzles and dragons provides is very clever in it's relation to all the isolation that the characters deal with.

This episode, the key to solving the riddle was "knowing yourself."
Once again, when it comes to "connections" most people would probably think that the ability to understand others is most important. However, knowing yourself, and how you fit into the larger picture of society is important as well.

You may be right, and you may be wrong. Interesting view nonetheless. If true, they should have been more creative in delivering those themes. To be honest I didn't see anything profound in that Puzzles & Dragons scene lol.
Jul 31, 2014 2:28 PM
Oct 2012
SunkenShip said:
BRK25 said:
Let's hope for no repeats. Yes, that detective got the answers right but an issue coming up is that the prideful dude seriously didn't want him there and while Shibazaki warned ONE cop to not interfere, that ONE cop ignored him and didn't say a damn thing to anyone else. Himura(the guy who yelled) never wanted him there and said to get his things, they're done. After that, he scoffed and left.

Shibazaki solved three riddles technically. One right when it happened, two and avoiding a bomb. Three with the other cops cheating and getting too greedy.

Unless I was blind, I don't recall what the cheating terms meant and furthermore of Shibazaki warning them before hand except for Himura who is too hotheaded to not listen. I'm sure Shibazaki is going to have a word with these baboons soon enough.

THEY ignored him when he said the riddle is legit and they had to solve it. But ok, let's just assume Himura is an immature jerk whose lines and actions are comparable to that of a 12 year old's.

Terrorism is serious business. Shoving off important advice from the only person who had successfully beaten the bad guys (or riddles) more than once before is stupid.

Kundalini said:
He solved the riddle in front of them only once. That's not really trustable. To them, it can be chance.

He solved two riddles I think? Their boss knows best. What's his excuse for not listening?

Not really, they all said to go look for the bomb. That's all. No one ignored or straight up not listened to Shibazaki other than Himura. However, it is a bit annoying that Shibazaki hasn't warned the chief unless all energy went straight to solving the riddles. The boss wasn't around except for one scene when the detective and him were smoking and chatting. He also was shown with the surveillance photo, nothing else.

This should be a lesson and show they should pay far more attention to the adequate detective. I'm waiting to see what Five will do and what her character archetype is.
Jul 31, 2014 2:32 PM

May 2014
really enjoyed this episode. The bike scene with Lisa and Twelve was GLORIOUS. Had to rewatch it a few times.
Jul 31, 2014 2:35 PM

Dec 2010
BRK25 said:
Not really, they all said to go look for the bomb. That's all. No one ignored or straight up not listened to Shibazaki other than Himura. However, it is a bit annoying that Shibazaki hasn't warned the chief unless all energy went straight to solving the riddles. The boss wasn't around except for one scene when the detective and him were smoking and chatting. He also was shown with the surveillance photo, nothing else.

This should be a lesson and show they should pay far more attention to the adequate detective. I'm waiting to see what Five will do and what her character archetype is.

They didn't believe that website had any significance even though Shibasaki said it did. I thought that was 'ignorant'. You're right, not warning the chief/boss is kind of annoying and careless considering it could cost them another building. Hmmm.

I'm also looking forward to see Five! WHY IS SHE TAKING SO LONG IT'S ONLY 11 EPISODES.

Edit: about the boss not listening. Aren't they supposed to report everything to him and shouldn't he suggest listening to Shibasaki?
SunkenShipJul 31, 2014 2:39 PM
Jul 31, 2014 2:41 PM
Nov 2009
This isn't really about terror, it's just two kids pretending to be the Riddler.
Jul 31, 2014 2:41 PM
Feb 2014
Great episode, as expected...

Well, Lisa didnt get as much screen time as I hoped for, but at least she's becomig more central to the plot.

One thing I'm really scratchig my head at is wonderig who the hell Koji Seko is??? During the credits for episode 4, Koji Seko was named as the Screenplay Writer. I got really excited abt this cos last time (epi 1-3) the Screenplay Writer had a different name, Shaten Yano, who didnt exist. So, I tot this time, it was the guy's real name... but, I found out there's no one named Koji Seko either.

In other words, the Screenplay Wrter for ZnT is a totally unknown writer who's first major work is ZnT, or the guy's tryig to remain anonymous xp... (I'm guessing it's cos of the latter...)

I keep thinking the screenplay writer is givig viewers a riddle of his/her own n we're supposed to solve it to get he fella's name xp...

*Edit: just thought abt it, maybe it's just another screenplay writer who wants to remain anonymous too...
Duri1nJul 31, 2014 2:48 PM
The most annoying thing about some anime is that they don't know when they've died...
Jul 31, 2014 2:45 PM

Jun 2008
Another good episode but this episode, unlike the other episodes, the riddle was not the best for me. The best part was the emo encounter between Lisa and Twelve.
That ost when Lisa was crying pulled my heartstrings.
I absolutely love Twelve. He has a soft spot for her. He understands her pain. It was a great development in his relationship with her.

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Jul 31, 2014 2:55 PM

Feb 2012
SunkenShip said:
jimjameswhatever said:
I think the good thing is, regardless of whether or not you like these cliches, is that there is meaning to these things Shibasaki is making connections with.

I've said it before already, but the connection between people that puzzles and dragons provides is very clever in it's relation to all the isolation that the characters deal with.

This episode, the key to solving the riddle was "knowing yourself."
Once again, when it comes to "connections" most people would probably think that the ability to understand others is most important. However, knowing yourself, and how you fit into the larger picture of society is important as well.

You may be right, and you may be wrong. Interesting view nonetheless. If true, they should have been more creative in delivering those themes. To be honest I didn't see anything profound in that Puzzles & Dragons scene lol.

It wasn't amazing, sure, but it was thematically fitting. Not to mention very current. That game is pretty damn popular right now lol
Jul 31, 2014 2:57 PM

Oct 2013
Pretty solid episode. 4/5
Jul 31, 2014 3:02 PM

Jan 2014
very nice episode
Jul 31, 2014 3:02 PM

Jan 2013
5/5, fantastic, incredible, amazing. I tear up at least twice every episode (opening&ending) but often more! :S

For some reason I want to see Twelve smoke.....
Jul 31, 2014 3:08 PM

Nov 2012
They leaked all the information on their terrorist attack to show just futile the Japanese government is against them.

Lisa finally being free and happy ;__;.

Felt very impactful for me (even more so after she collapsed).

The animation during that motorcycle scene was mesmerizing and so was the song that played during that scene.[spoiler]
VanishingKiraJul 31, 2014 3:15 PM
Jul 31, 2014 3:23 PM
Jun 2013
Amazing episode and the music during the ride on the motorbike was just made to work. I don't know if it is just me but it seemed that animation this episode was a step above the previous episodes. Definitely my favorite anime of the season, may even end up being the best anime I have seen in the past few years.
Jul 31, 2014 3:36 PM

Jul 2013
excellent episode, lisa's happiness at the end was priceless :)
getting more interesting every episode
the soundtrack was pretty good (btw, anyone knows the name of the song at the end?)
Jul 31, 2014 3:36 PM
Oct 2012
SunkenShip said:
BRK25 said:

They didn't believe that website had any significance even though Shibasaki said it did. I thought that was 'ignorant'. You're right, not warning the chief/boss is kind of annoying and careless considering it could cost them another building. Hmmm.

I'm also looking forward to see Five! WHY IS SHE TAKING SO LONG IT'S ONLY 11 EPISODES.

Edit: about the boss not listening. Aren't they supposed to report everything to him and shouldn't he suggest listening to Shibasaki?

I'll chalk it up as Shibasaki focusing all his energy in finding the riddle that the outside world meant nothing to him. The website did made them believe cause the other website showed security cameras overlooking the scene and could view everything going on, aka, no cheating. Once again, no one knew what the term cheating meant. The bomb is told to be stopped, not reached. Which means that it didn't mean find the bomb, the bomb needed to be stopped regardless while using the website.

The boss seems too important to not be involved. I'm surprised though, can't imagine what will go on next. Also, Five, come on five. We are all waiting for you. I think she will be the other half of L. Shibasaki is a detective and solving riddles, Five is the one who can get some dirt on the boys and rat them out.

Also, Shibasaki's voice actor I think is Phoenix Wright and Five is one of the defensive attorney. Aka, what a surprising coincidence for this anime in the pursuit of justice.
Jul 31, 2014 3:37 PM

Apr 2012
Amazing soundtrack/insert song near the end.
The conferences are always interesting especially when they use relevant, contemporary terms like Bitcoin (Kittcoin). So instead of a real bomb going off, they leaked classified information onto social media.

Still not sure what Lisa's role in this show is :/.

Jul 31, 2014 3:43 PM
Jun 2013
UndeadSoul said:
Great episode! Police are still fucking up except that one guy. They really should listen to him.

Everything else is great besides the stereotypical police wide incompetence barring one person who for some reason no one listens to.
Vox_PopuliJul 31, 2014 3:47 PM
Jul 31, 2014 3:46 PM

Jan 2014
The Twelve x Lisa ship has sailed... now let's wait to see where their messed up relationship is heading.
Jul 31, 2014 3:50 PM

May 2013
FUCKING BRILLIANT EPISODE. The riddle, the "bomb", the rules to the game, Risa and Nine together. damn damn damn this show has skyrocketed to the top of my favorite shows of the season... and this season has been fucking superb!
Jul 31, 2014 4:30 PM

Nov 2013
everything about this show just gives me a gigantic boner

im in love
Jul 31, 2014 4:45 PM

Sep 2010
Not a big fan of Lisa still.. But Sphinx. God damn. I think the riddle was alot simpler this time.

The general police force should really listen to the one dude.. He is the only one who was able to solve the riddles, so you'd think they'd start listening to him by now.

Also I've noticed some people saying "oh there goes another building!" but that's not what this "bomb" was. The bomb the police found was a set up. The real bomb was the information leakage, and the only reason it got leaked after the riddle was solved was because the police "cheated" by going to the apartment Sphinx led them to.
Jul 31, 2014 4:54 PM

Jan 2013
Another great episode.
Did the next bomb go off
Jul 31, 2014 5:01 PM
Oct 2012
RediceRyan said:
Another great episode.
Did the next bomb go off

No, an information bomb like an explosion of all their archives.
Jul 31, 2014 5:01 PM

Dec 2012
Fantastic episode. Honestly, at the start I was thinking "can we get something different this episode?" then boom, there it was. The second half of this episode was great and made me think differently of Lisa. I felt like I could understand how she felt, and when she started laughing on the bike I had a feeling of relief. The riddles so far are clever and so are Sphinx and the detective. Can't wait for next week.
Jul 31, 2014 5:07 PM

Jun 2014
Twelve showing his face to police just to rescue Lisa... Thats gonna be a problem later...
And the official investigation reports being leaked on the internet o man.
Terrorists: 3, Cops: 1
Jul 31, 2014 5:13 PM
Oct 2013
Wow! i just can't get enough of this show! More! give me more!

That episode was amazing, That scene with the bike ride, and Lisa's speech which came before the start of the bike scene, which by the way Flooded me with feelings, Just makes this episode my favorite for This season, Wonderful! I'm in love with this series!

OST and Animation's are Stunning as usual ^^

I actually really liked this episodes Riddle, the problem is that this idea starts to get kinda old, i really hope that they wont stick to it that much.

This episodes Character development was neat! my only problem as a few already said, is Nine, except about how we get to know his character better through Shibazaki's visit at Aomori, hew didn't get even the slightest Character development! on the other hand, Twelve and Lisa seems like a happy couple! That's so to amusing ^_^ i really like the way things are going for them, hopefully Lisa wont get in their way, and maybe even help them, who knows.

Awww the cliffhangers! i cant wait for the next episode! i want to see Five and Twelve's and Nine's back stories!!!!

Then my theory (combined from this thread messages) is that Nine and Twelve did what they did so the citizens will know about the Institution.
in this case, The Father is the Institution, Odipheus is actually the "Sphinx brothers", and they want to use the Citizens as the bombs that will kill "they're father" aka the institution, Civil Revolution anyone?

5/5 for this episode, I'm a Fanboy and i can't help it.
Jul 31, 2014 5:22 PM

Jul 2013
Can we really just take a moment to really just admire the thought that went into the motorcycle scene? I literally watched that portion like 10 times. It SO helps that the animation was beautiful as well.

I am really liking the cognitive nature of the show; by not killing people with their bombs it's obvious that there is an underlying message that Von is trying to get across to society and i just can't figure out what it is...

This show is really working its way up to be one of my favorites!
Jul 31, 2014 5:41 PM

Jan 2009
is lisa sick? does lisa have cancer? lol is she running out of time too?
Jul 31, 2014 5:44 PM

Oct 2013
crazy episode
that "bomb"
dam so GOOD
this is one of those shows that gets better and better every episode
[/quote]
Jul 31, 2014 5:49 PM

Apr 2010
I was not really impressed with this episode. Doesn't mean I think it's bad, it was just... there.

Anyway, when they mentioned the bomb in the previous episode was ANFO, this is what they meant.

They need to dump the gimmick of the fat coworker who just happens to say "the right thing at the right time" to instantly solve the riddle. That's twice now it's been used.

I liked the motorbike scene, but the song was pretty forgettable. It sounded like some pop song you'd hear on the Billboard Top 40. I had flashbacks to Snow Patrol when they were all the rage 6 years ago. You do not want me to think about Snow Patrol.

Can anyone explain how he was hacking into the police website? It looked like a brute force attempt to me, but obviously that wasn't the case...
Jul 31, 2014 5:53 PM

Jun 2013
I really liked that they did something different this episode. I wasn't expecting them to leak out all the information... Also, I can't be the only one shipping Lisa and Twelve, right? I'm really loving those two, but I know I can't get too attached because I have a feeling something's going happen to Twelve later on.
Jul 31, 2014 5:54 PM
Jul 2013
It just gets better with every episode, wow.

One of the best series this season for sure.
Jul 31, 2014 6:05 PM

May 2013
Right when I was thinking this was getting repetitive.
"Listen Simon... Don't forget. Believe in yourself. Not in the you who believes in me. Not the me who believes in you. Believe in the you who believes in yourself." ~ Kamina (TTGL)

“You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that’s where you’ll find the things more important than what you want.” ~ Ging (HxH)
Jul 31, 2014 6:06 PM
Jul 2013
Lisa has joined the dark side.
Can someone explain why she left her house and why her mom is a nut? Please re-quote or post a comment on my wall :D
Jul 31, 2014 6:14 PM

Mar 2014
That was a great twist with the bomb being an information bomb! Although I feel like things are going to end bad for Lisa or 9 and 12 or all 3 perhaps....
Jul 31, 2014 6:27 PM
May 2014
Damn, I was really enjoying this anime, but after this episode I feel like watching this is a blessing. That motor ride scene was something special.
Jul 31, 2014 6:55 PM

Apr 2010
This is getting interesting :D Looking forward to the next episode!
Jul 31, 2014 7:06 PM

Jan 2011
SAO that's how you do a bike scene i'm sorry i just couldn't get that scene from last week out of my head while watching it here lol

still wonderful episode my heart tighten up when it didn't stop thought all of them were gonna die,so far not a single death has happen wonder what their reason for that is.
Jul 31, 2014 7:06 PM

Jul 2013
"you should have sacrificed your queen"- i think this is foreshadowing that lisa's presence is going to start causing problems or that not everything is going to go according to nine and twelve's plans
Jul 31, 2014 7:08 PM

Sep 2013
Every IT expert died a little during this episode.
Jul 31, 2014 7:17 PM

Sep 2013
yeslelno123 said:

I mean yeah, okay, they bruteforced a 404 shell but why in the name of fuck was that there under the name of hack.php LOL?
"We won't be able to break in easily"
"But that means someone did"
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/gallery/no/ummm-no.gif
Jul 31, 2014 7:18 PM
Oct 2012
Jburzy2 said:
AICW said:
...They need to dump the gimmick of the fat coworker who just happens to say "the right thing at the right time" to instantly solve the riddle. That's twice now it's been used....

I've noticed a few things that irk me also in this show.

1) The entire police department reacts like crazy whenever they get the smallest bit of information. "Send police to all the shrines in the city!"

2) That generic second-in-command police officer who dislikes Shibazaki and blames him for playing their game even though he is literally the only one who has done anything good in this case.

3) Like you mentioned, the fat guy just so happens to say the right thing at the last possible moment that saves the day.

It feels like a lot of these things are tropes from generic CSI shows. It makes the show feel melodramatic to an extent.

I like the show and am interested to see how it turns out, but simple things like these will prevent it from being as memorable as Stand Alone Complex and other dramatic shows.

The first isn't a trope rather than a precaution. They are using bombs, not a serial killer. Any lead and they'll hop onto it for safety.

Secondly, the man never liked Shibazaki and doesn't understand some old guy coming in and helping a division when he isn't even working at this level. The guy however also failed to inform the chief and others about the cheating. Maybe it was too late. Shibazaki is not a police deputy or fbi. He's a detective and they will boot him once they are caught. Nothing more after that.

The third is trope and I hope they break away cause he solved the first riddle without the help of his partner. then again, the riddles gotten harder. This is a trope I don't want a repeat of.

yeslelno123 said:

Care to explain? So I can understand?
Jul 31, 2014 7:27 PM

May 2012
I'm going to be frustrated for the rest of the season that the next episode of this isn't out yet...
Jul 31, 2014 7:32 PM
Oct 2010
Show keeps getting worse, I really have no idea where they are going with this. Firstly I didn't like their explanation for how the bomb was acquired. Someone is buying a detonator and you are telling me the tokyo government didn't bother to

1. Confirm that the person works there.
2. Confirm that they have applied to get a detonator.

and the company didn't bother to confirm the identity of the one picking up the detonator i.e making him take off his helmet and also show some ID?

Then, what company pays another with credit cards? That is just ridiculous as well.

Ignoring that the police literally used wiki and youtube comments to help them LOL? Also like mentioned above, the crazy overreactions by the police are also getting quite annoying. Lastly, Lisa 4 episodes in still has NO relevance at all to the show.
Jul 31, 2014 7:43 PM

Dec 2012
Another great episode cannot wait for the next one~!!

"You should have sacrificed your queen~" damn :S wonder how Lisa's presence plays out

Jburzy2 said:

1) The entire police department reacts like crazy whenever they get the smallest bit of information. "Send police to all the shrines in the city!"

2) That generic second-in-command police officer who dislikes Shibazaki and blames him for playing their game even though he is literally the only one who has done anything good in this case.

3) Like you mentioned, the fat guy just so happens to say the right thing at the last possible moment that saves the day.

It feels like a lot of these things are tropes from generic CSI shows. It makes the show feel melodramatic to an extent.

hmm yeah those annoy me too
Jul 31, 2014 7:44 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
I was hoping for an explosion but the leaks of the terrorist info was good enough for me xD

12's infatuation with Lisa is kinda cute, but I can't help but to feel that she will definitely be their downfall now....The foreshadowing that took place in that chess game between 9 and 12 was too strong >.<
Jul 31, 2014 7:49 PM
Nov 2010
The fat guy didn't even save the day this time lol, the Internet did. It was too late though considering the police had already taken the bait.

They also already explained Lisa's mom, her dad left and that probably caused her to have some really bad abandonment issues.
Jul 31, 2014 7:53 PM

Sep 2013
BRK25 said:

Care to explain? So I can understand?

Essentially they went under the assumption that the police has already been hacked because their site is very secure (that they must have tightened their security because there was a break in in the past). This doesn't work like that in real life, this does NOT imply that it's been hacked before.

Anyway, they find the backdoor that has been left by the hacker who hacked it in the past. It's a 404 php shell (essentially when you open the page it shows a 404 page not found message but if a certain variable is provided with a correct value via GET method (in this example) it will present you with a shell that the attacker left.

They find the 404 shell by getting a "200 OK" response from the server which essentially means that the request succeeded and a file there exists and that the message appearing in the browser is false. However, the request revealing the file should also return 200 OK message for file existing regardless of the GET request sent to it matching the password needed, that's a mistake.

What bothers me most is the fact that they found a shell on a site under the assumption that it's been hacked before because it's secure. Fuck that.
yeslelno123Jul 31, 2014 7:57 PM
Jul 31, 2014 7:57 PM

Jun 2013
Jburzy2 said:
AICW said:
...They need to dump the gimmick of the fat coworker who just happens to say "the right thing at the right time" to instantly solve the riddle. That's twice now it's been used....

I like the show and am interested to see how it turns out, but simple things like these will prevent it from being as memorable as Stand Alone Complex and other dramatic shows.

I have to sadly agree with this, I like the anime but twice in a row now smh, just hope they won't be relying on it every time!

Aside from that good episode as always.
Pages (9) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Zankyou no Terror Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 14, 2014

380 by Yavicci »»
Apr 24, 10:59 AM

Poll: » Zankyou no Terror Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2014

866 by Pain »»
Apr 21, 7:47 PM

» Boring

egosumjohn - Aug 30, 2023

22 by Pain »»
Apr 21, 7:38 PM

Poll: » Zankyou no Terror Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 7, 2014

448 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 14, 2:43 PM

Poll: » Zankyou no Terror Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Naruleach - Jul 5, 2014

422 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 14, 2:24 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.