Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 29, 2014 11:51 PM
Oct 2012
Do you guys think there should be more musical anime? For example, Nodame Cantabile, White Album(the musical part of it, not the romance), or Sakamichi no Apollon.
I feel like there just isn't that many musical(that revolve around playing instruments) anime out there.

Do you guys feel like there is a need for more?
Jul 29, 2014 11:55 PM

Mar 2013
You haven't even watched beck tho
[size=200]MAL AVATAR SYSTEM BLOWS
Jul 29, 2014 11:59 PM
Oct 2012
DerpHole said:
You haven't even watched beck tho

I know ;(
I have a lot on my plate nowadays, but I promise I will get to watching beck soon. But despite not watching Beck and surely not having watched every other musical anime out there(which I know in comparison to most other types of anime, musical lacks in popularity), do you think there should be more musical anime?
Jul 30, 2014 12:18 AM
Dec 2013
I'm pretty sure there was a musical anime last season?
Jul 30, 2014 12:19 AM

Jun 2014
ScazoN said:

Love Live.
Jul 30, 2014 12:21 AM

Feb 2013
A fair few are still made, though granted not as abundant as some other genres.

I suppose I wouldn't really mind more.
Jul 30, 2014 12:22 AM

Apr 2012
Glee is the best musical anime

Jul 30, 2014 12:23 AM
Dec 2013
Kagami_Hiiragi said:
ScazoN said:

Love Live.
Meh, not that shit.

Found it, its called Kiniro no Corda: Blue♪Sky
Jul 30, 2014 12:24 AM

Jun 2014
Zeally said:
Glee is the best musical anime

Better than Highschool Musical?

P-Please!
Jul 30, 2014 1:42 AM

Nov 2013
To be honest, Japan doesnt even care about musical animes anymore, just fanservice and those stuffs. That's sad because musical animes are really great tho. I just watched one a couple days ago I think it was "K-On" or something. xD
Jul 30, 2014 2:01 AM

Apr 2014
have you watched kids on the slope its quite good
Jul 30, 2014 2:20 AM

Jul 2014
something like Highschool Musical??
Jul 30, 2014 2:33 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
The last episode of Kiniro Mosaic was a full blown moe musical :>
Jul 30, 2014 2:38 AM

Jun 2013
No Grey No Line was a musical by definition...

Musical

(Mee-yu-zih-col)

1. A set of outlandishly idiotic, poorly-acted character meandering around to a shitty soundtrack.

2. Something only children and teen-girls seem to enjoy.
It's natural for a person to deny he's a failure as a human being. That's why he searches for somebody who is more miserable than himself. That's why so much animosity exists on the internet. Those who aren't able to find a more miserable person, turn to the internet and call other people losers, even though they've never met. Just to make themselves feel superior. isn't that pathetic? There's a sense of security that comes from speaking badly of someone else. But that isn't true salvation. — Tatsuhiro Satou
YandereTheEmo said:
The only thing more pathetic than quoting someone you know nothing about, is quoting yourself.
Jul 30, 2014 3:14 AM

Feb 2013
utena might not be a musical, but it had a different song (with lyrics) playing in each duel, and overall a very big&awesome OST
Jul 30, 2014 3:20 AM

Mar 2012
This remind me about Valvrave.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Jul 30, 2014 3:34 AM

May 2012
onefairyeater said:
have you watched kids on the slope its quite good

That's what Sakamichi no Apollon is, which was referred to in the OP.
Jul 30, 2014 3:51 AM

Mar 2012
YandereTheEmo said:
No Grey No Line was a musical by definition...

Musical

(Mee-yu-zih-col)

1. A set of outlandishly idiotic, poorly-acted character meandering around to a shitty soundtrack.

2. Something only children and teen-girls seem to enjoy.
Sorry, but if Glee and Highschool Musical are the only things that come to your mind when people mention the word 'musical' you really need to get out more.

Personally I can't think of any full on musicals in anime but I think it would be great if it were executed right.

There is one fun little moment in the first episode of Love Live Season 2 which felt like something straight out of musical.

Love Live isn't a musical though. Being that it's an idol series there are quite a few music performances but its mostly separate from the character development and overarching storyline. So basically there's not too many occasions where people randomly burst out in song.

And as others have said the final episode of Kiniro Mosaic was a musical and it was fucking fantastic. The rest of the show is just a fun little slice of life comedy series. It's good for what it is but if all you want is a musical it'll be awfully boring waiting around for that final psiode
SeibaaHomuJul 30, 2014 3:57 AM
Jul 30, 2014 3:57 AM

Jun 2013
SeibaaHomu said:
Sorry, but if Glee and Highschool Musical are the only things that come to your mind when people mention the word 'musical' you really need to get out more.

My comment was obviously a joke--but thanks for taking it seriously. Always makes for good fun.

Now I'm going to buckle back in my "I'm Gonna Man Up All Over Myself" shirt, take a sip from my Wicked mug, watch my recorded copy of West-side story, and watch some videos of A Gentleman's Guide to Love and Murder to help me get hyped. Excuse me.
It's natural for a person to deny he's a failure as a human being. That's why he searches for somebody who is more miserable than himself. That's why so much animosity exists on the internet. Those who aren't able to find a more miserable person, turn to the internet and call other people losers, even though they've never met. Just to make themselves feel superior. isn't that pathetic? There's a sense of security that comes from speaking badly of someone else. But that isn't true salvation. — Tatsuhiro Satou
YandereTheEmo said:
The only thing more pathetic than quoting someone you know nothing about, is quoting yourself.
Jul 30, 2014 3:59 AM

Mar 2012
YandereTheEmo said:
My comment was obviously a joke--but thanks for taking it seriously. Always makes for good fun.
Jul 30, 2014 4:00 AM

Apr 2012
Yeah we need more metal anime Detroit Metal City alone is not enough.
Jul 30, 2014 4:01 AM

Jun 2013
baki502 said:
Yeah we need more metal anime Detroit Metal City alone is not enough.

Krauser-sama OPAF.

SeibaaHomu said:
YandereTheEmo said:

That's pretty harsh. Emotional attachment to characters on a stage/screen to such an extent that you'd call someone retarded for the sake of mocking the lower-end of such a medium? Quite an interesting outlook on the world, my friend.
YandereTheEmo said:
Jul 30, 2014 4:05 AM

Mar 2012
YandereTheEmo said:
That's pretty harsh. Emotional attachment to characters on a stage/screen to such an extent that you'd call someone retarded for the sake of mocking the lower-end of such a medium? Quite an interesting outlook on the world, my friend.
Jul 30, 2014 4:08 AM

Jun 2013

Alright capn' stickler, continue on the road to ruin. Ta-ta.
YandereTheEmo said:
Jul 30, 2014 4:15 AM

May 2013
SeibaaHomu said:
YandereTheEmo said:

That was hilarious! XD Totally off topic, I know, but I just had to say that :P

More topics from this board

Poll: » do you want more emotional or more intelligent anime?

deg - 3 hours ago

19 by Rhaelynne »»
14 seconds ago

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

234 by FZREMAKE »»
3 minutes ago

» MULTIPLE UNRELATED anime that you think could be set in the same anime universe

IpreferEcchi - 52 minutes ago

5 by WatchTillTandava »»
4 minutes ago

Poll: » What tropes do you find the most annoying in a protagonist?

ZeroMajor12 - 2 hours ago

12 by Nirinbo »»
7 minutes ago

» Who are your enemies in the anime industry/fanbase?

Catalano - Yesterday

31 by SgtBateMan »»
7 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.