Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jul 28, 2014 6:23 PM

Feb 2009
So after hearing a lot of good things about this series, I decided to give it a shot. According to MAL, the manga is still publishing, and I know that this version of the anime aims to be as faithful to the manga as possible. As the anime is still airing, does the pacing ever begin to suffer, or do they add filler arcs? Or is it that there is simply enough space between the anime and the manga that it doesn't cause any issues?
Jul 28, 2014 6:27 PM

Apr 2014
their is no filler and the pacing is great the manga was on hiatus for a while and it just came back recently.
Jul 28, 2014 7:00 PM

Feb 2009
onefairyeater said:
their is no filler and the pacing is great the manga was on hiatus for a while and it just came back recently.

Ahh I see. Good to know!
Jul 29, 2014 6:50 AM

Jun 2007
I haven't read the manga yet or seen the first adaption of HxH, so I can't say how it is compared to them, but as someone who just caught up to the latest episode today, I'd say the pacing is great to around 60-70 eps when the ant arc starts. After that I found it to be extremely slow paced and boring until the arc ended, and the latest arc to start feels like it's got good pacing again.

But as I said, I don't know how the manga is yet, so the ant arc might actually be a "good adaption" and just simply feel just as slow to me there too.
Jul 29, 2014 6:55 AM

Oct 2013
The adaptation is extremely faithful and the chimera ant arc is for the most part like it is in the manga. There are no fillers only 2 recap episodes, ep13 and ep26 which you can skip.
"Laugh, and the world laughs with you; Weep, and you weep alone". Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Jul 29, 2014 10:54 AM

Dec 2013
ManaAlchemist said:
I'd say the pacing is great to around 60-70 eps when the ant arc starts. After that I found it to be extremely slow paced and boring until the arc ended, and the latest arc to start feels like it's got good pacing again.

Pretty much what this guy said.
Jul 29, 2014 10:56 AM

Oct 2013
its good, dont skip any episodes
Jul 29, 2014 12:27 PM

Jan 2014
Virtually perfect. No cheap constabt quota's, it is slow when it needs to be and fast when it needs that too. And in-between of course.

But I do have pacing issues with the first arc, but it improbes after that. Especially the Chimera Arc, where so many details are presented in one episode.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 29, 2014 12:42 PM

Dec 2012
It's great. Only 2 recaps episodes you can easily skip (13 & 26), animation is top notch and it sticks to the manga. Only thing I noticed was during the Zoldyck Family Arc.

For what purpose they changed that little detail, I do not know.
Jul 29, 2014 2:43 PM

Aug 2008
Madhouse pretty much refuses to make filler in any of their shows. The most they'll do is make a recap episode.
Jul 29, 2014 3:49 PM

Jul 2013
I only started reading the manga after the Chimera Ant arc was done in the anime, so as someone who watched up to there as an anime-only viewer I'd say the pacing was fine up until the Chimera Ant arc, at which point it started to drag quite a lot. I don't necessarily think that was bad pacing from Madhouse (as I heard they would usually adapt 2-3 chapters per episode), but just because the arc in general was slow (keep in mind I didn't actually read the manga back then, so I have no idea how good a job Madhouse did at adapting the source material).

Current arc is fine though.
MinagatachiJul 29, 2014 3:56 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 29, 2014 4:11 PM

Jan 2014
Also to keep in mind are
1) the manga was plagued with long hiatuses that made things "drag" despite the content being large, this can also have the effect of playing on people's mindsets starting the show

2) This manga's heavy on story telling rather than action, so "action" is not the real currency of pacing in this case. Even if it's amazing (the best imo)
Jul 29, 2014 9:11 PM

Feb 2009
Sounds good. I'm excited to check it out. Thanks guys :)
Jul 29, 2014 9:27 PM

May 2013
rothrock said:
It's great. Only 2 recaps episodes you can easily skip (13 & 26), animation is top notch and it sticks to the manga. Only thing I noticed was during the Zoldyck Family Arc.

For what purpose they changed that little detail, I do not know.

Yeah, that was a weird dumb change
Jul 29, 2014 9:48 PM

Nov 2011
As others have said, there are only two filler episodes in the whole anime. The pacing has been perfect except for a very small part of the Chimera Ant arc, but even that was okay.

Keep in mind that the Chimera Ant arc as a whole is a pretty divisive topic around here. Most people either love or hate it, so you'll have to find out for yourself once you get there.

Anyway, have fun. :)
Jul 29, 2014 10:37 PM

May 2014
Well it adapts around 4 chapters per episode till the chimera ant arc where it adapts around 2-3 chapters per episode , only two recaps are there 13 and 26 , The supposedly slow pacing in the chimera ant arc is because it is so heavy on story and detailed and I actually think its the best written arc in the series where more wits are used than fights. So the slow pacing was mandatory because everything was so detailed at that point. it really slows down for 6 episodes though 110->116 but the slowdown is to give you their sense of time and delivers one of its best episodes , from 117 it picks up the pace till the chimera ant arc ends. then this recent arc adapts either 1 and a half to two chapters per episode, but don't you worry you won't feel it at all. they used interesting filler scenes instead of broadening the whole episode.
Given the right situation , the right story , anyone can be shaped into Snake.
-Revolver Ocelot , MGS2
Jul 29, 2014 10:46 PM
Jul 2010
Akabawi said:
So the slow pacing was mandatory because everything was so detailed at that point. it really slows down for 6 episodes though 110->116 but the slowdown is to give you their sense of time and delivers one of its best episodes , from 117 it picks up the pace till the chimera ant arc ends. then this recent arc adapts either 1 and a half to two chapters per episode, but don't you worry you won't feel it at all. they used interesting filler scenes instead of broadening the whole episode.

^^ Yes and you won't really feel it's that slow because you will marathon it, unlike many of us who had to wait, the pacing overall is pretty good.
Jul 30, 2014 4:12 AM

Jul 2013
NorikoW said:
Akabawi said:
So the slow pacing was mandatory because everything was so detailed at that point. it really slows down for 6 episodes though 110->116 but the slowdown is to give you their sense of time and delivers one of its best episodes , from 117 it picks up the pace till the chimera ant arc ends. then this recent arc adapts either 1 and a half to two chapters per episode, but don't you worry you won't feel it at all. they used interesting filler scenes instead of broadening the whole episode.

^^ Yes and you won't really feel it's that slow because you will marathon it, unlike many of us who had to wait, the pacing overall is pretty good.
Maybe I should rewatch the whole arc, watching it on a weekly basis was't that enjoyable for me but maybe I will think differently if I marathon it.
Jul 30, 2014 4:14 AM

Jan 2009
the pacing for the remake parts are very fast but when you start watching the chimera ant arc and election arc you will notice that the pacing slowdown a bit, but this anime remake has no fillers (yet)
Jul 30, 2014 11:03 PM

Dec 2011
Kyouraku-san said:
ManaAlchemist said:
I'd say the pacing is great to around 60-70 eps when the ant arc starts. After that I found it to be extremely slow paced and boring until the arc ended, and the latest arc to start feels like it's got good pacing again.

Pretty much what this guy said.

I'm going to counter this. The pacing is a little weird in the beginning of the first (hunter exam) arc, but is otherwise excellent throughout the entire series (so far).

The Chimera Ant arc is one of the best written and most detailed arcs of the entire series. I thought it had excellent pacing that allowed viewers to understand events in great detail. I can understand why some people may think it is slow paced. For a highly anticipated "battle" arc, fights are few and far between. A lot of psychological drama and technical analysis can take up a lot of time. For people who really don't like that stuff, this arc may seem to drag on.
Aug 2, 2014 12:29 PM
May 2011
Ant arc kind of annoyed me, the pacing before that was amazing

But in the CA arc some episodes were like 75% narration. It was like listening to an audio book with a few pictures thrown in.
Aug 2, 2014 12:55 PM

Feb 2014
It's not like the pace is slow, it's a slow motion scene.

That's how it goes in manga too. Madhouse still covered average of 2.5 chapters or more per episode.

All that commotion when they invading just happened in 30 minutes afterall, and the story shown us about everything what happens.

About narration, there's people who already discussed about it. So perhaps you just didn't like that style, it's acceptable then.

More topics from this board

» Hunter x Hunter (2011) came out 10 years after the original series. What are the chances we get a remake this year? 2011 version ended in Sep 2014 ( 1 2 )

animeboilolz - Apr 23

63 by Timeline_man »»
Yesterday, 5:43 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 117 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 18, 2014

238 by mrymtrisyia78910 »»
Apr 24, 1:55 PM

Poll: » Who is your Favourite character?

PushedCaraway - Mar 29

45 by PushedCaraway »»
Apr 24, 11:22 AM

» Is Hisoka a fraud?

Leon888 - Nov 22, 2023

43 by Angra_Shadow »»
Apr 23, 5:18 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 135 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2014

876 by red-tomato »»
Apr 21, 3:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.