Forum Settings
Forums
New
What do you wanna watch for the next DWT?
Elfen Lied
25.0%
Kill la Kill
35.7%
Dance in the Vampire Bund
14.3%
Maken-ki!
25.0%
28 votes
Jul 27, 2014 1:11 PM

Jun 2013
This time we'll be watching Baka and Test. Now, I didn't like it that much so I'm not going to make you watch more than the first season. If you want you can. Naturally I don't give a shit about spoilers for this show. So go off as you please.

http://myanimelist.net/anime/6347/Baka_to_Test_to_Shoukanjuu

You will have two weeks to watch the anime and give us a short reply with your thoughts on it, and your rating ?/10. Also, go ahead and feel free to discuss the anime in here as well.

Secondly, I will be supplying 3 suggestions for the next anime to watch, but I will allow you to throw suggestions my way, and I will promptly add them to the poll. If you like one of my suggestions or any of the ones I add later, go ahead and vote for that one.

http://myanimelist.net/anime/226/Elfen_Lied
http://myanimelist.net/anime/18679/Kill_la_Kill
http://myanimelist.net/anime/6747/Dance_in_the_Vampire_Bund
http://myanimelist.net/anime/9936/Maken-Ki!
zdude18Aug 16, 2014 2:23 PM

Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Jul 27, 2014 1:22 PM

Jun 2013
OK, this anime was fucking awful. Aside from Himeji's boobs, Aki's sister's boobs, and Muttsulini, everything else about this anime was stupid. If you're going to base your anime around a gimmick, at least make that gimmick interesting. The whole summon system is idiotic. The whole setup of the school doesn't make any sense. All of the characters are annoying in some way. I don't understand how anyone liked this show.

EDIT (here's more explanation at request from h8rs)

The fact that you can put intelligence into a number arbitrarily didn't make much sense to me. Along with that, it was basically like playing high card, whoever had the higher number wins the "summon fight", giving no chance for any come from behind victory. That also means that Yoshii shouldn't have been able to do anything and there is no reason behind his avatar being "special" besides it works for the story. Speaking of things that happened to work for the story, the fact that Himeji got a 0 on the test (1st thing that happens no spoilers) just because she was sick seems to be

One more comment on the humor. While it was original, it didn't grab me as good humor, except for Muttsulini was exceptional. It felt like the show was trying too hard to make me laugh rather than just getting on with it.

Rating: 2/10
Best Girl: MC's sister (can't remember name)
zdude18Jul 27, 2014 7:07 PM

Jul 27, 2014 3:27 PM

Jun 2013
Not even worth it...

Comedy is all about taste--it's not even subjectivity, it's about the whims of what one finds humorous. Saying something is shit because you aren't into its comedy is just sad.

The hilarious adventures, endeavors, and engagement of character-character relations were so engrossing, powerful, and enjoyable, that I couldn't help but rate it at least a 7.

7/10
It's natural for a person to deny he's a failure as a human being. That's why he searches for somebody who is more miserable than himself. That's why so much animosity exists on the internet. Those who aren't able to find a more miserable person, turn to the internet and call other people losers, even though they've never met. Just to make themselves feel superior. isn't that pathetic? There's a sense of security that comes from speaking badly of someone else. But that isn't true salvation. — Tatsuhiro Satou
YandereTheEmo said:
The only thing more pathetic than quoting someone you know nothing about, is quoting yourself.
Jul 27, 2014 3:31 PM

Aug 2013
as good 'ol YandereTheEmo said in his post above mine, if i haven't been ninja'd when i click on 'post message', comedy is all about taste. it's a hit or miss, and the only way to find out if it's a hit or miss for you is by watching it. well, for me it was a total hit, i just thought it was funny, but i can understand that if you don't find it funny, all you have left is a weird setting filled with characters doing things that if it's a hit you'd find funny, but in the opposite case downright annoying. saying it's good or bad is difficult, but it does what it needs to do.

my ratings are always relatively high, but 9/10 from me.
Jul 27, 2014 5:52 PM

Jun 2013
It was a good anime in my opinion. The jokes were funny, I like the idea and the atmosphere of the anime.

I don't have much to say on the anime because it was already said by the two beautiful individuals above me.

My rating from when i first watched it was a 9/10, but i wasn't really paying attention to my ratings so like other anime i will go back and rewatch and rerate it later on. For now it will stay at a 9/10.

Aug 3, 2014 2:28 AM

Jan 2014
Well, I cant review this one cuz out of the 2 Droped shows... Oreimo, this is the 2nd one.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 3, 2014 3:05 PM

Jul 2013
it was bad.
very, very bad...
Aug 3, 2014 8:29 PM

May 2013
^ STAPH CHANGING YOUR NAME!

Also, count me in on this shit.
Aug 4, 2014 3:25 PM

Jun 2013
Kslate23 said:
^ STAPH CHANGING YOUR NAME!

Also, count me in on this shit.
Well hurry up mang, this one ends on Sunday.

Aug 4, 2014 3:41 PM

May 2013
Fuck me sideways. I'll see what I can do.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

Sticky: » CLIT RAPE!!!! ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

CLYDESDALE - May 15, 2016

201 by CLYDESDALE »»
Apr 24, 7:16 PM

Poll: » Sci-Fi Character Battle: Pearl Diamond vs Yumeko Suzukiri

Werewolverine4 - Apr 16

1 by CLYDESDALE »»
Apr 17, 3:44 PM

Poll: » [CLOSED] Battle: Catgirl Edition!

XSkii - Apr 8

8 by XSkii »»
Apr 17, 2:45 PM

Poll: » [CLOSED] Gushing Over Magical Girls character battle: Magia Azure vs Sister Gigant

Punkero - Mar 25

3 by Vaenny »»
Mar 26, 7:54 PM

Poll: » [CLOSED] Battle: Girlfriend Edition

XSkii - Mar 17

7 by XSkii »»
Mar 26, 3:03 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.