Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 10, 2009 12:09 PM

Jan 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So Big Brother has always been watching Hige huh?... That's just creepy.

Kiba is damn strong ^_^. I usually don't like it when someone kills as many people as he does but for him I guess it's okay, he's a wolf after all...

And doesn't that Jagara chick get dizzy?? Man, she was annoying...

Dec 5, 2009 3:01 PM
Dec 2009
Man i see this anime going on for at least 50 episodes, they've got a great storyline..
Can't believe there's only a couple episodes left =(
Jul 5, 2010 12:12 PM

Apr 2010
That Jagara chick is friggin evil. I'm still grossed out from when she was eating the wolf *SHUDDERS*. At least we found out the wolves didn't burn down the old man's hometown all those years ago! xD *fist pump*

Aug 26, 2010 10:29 AM

Feb 2009
Great development on the plot in this episode, as well as amazing scenes, Im still a little confused about whats happening with Hige, I bet it will be cleared in the next ep. Cants wait for more, Im marathoning this now >_<
Mar 28, 2012 8:14 AM

Aug 2010
This episode was intense
May 22, 2012 10:57 AM

Feb 2012
Another great storytelling technique (that probably only I care about) was displayed in the past two episodes. Every main character is being drawn to Cheza within Jagara's keep, but each of them found a different way to reach the city proper from the under-city. Hubb was captured and brought to the keep as a prisoner, Quent was ushered there without even knowing that the ID tag was his ticket, Cher and Blue took their own ID tags by force, Hige and Toboe went up a back-alley elevator, and Kiba and Tsume traveled via power lines.

Five different ways -- that's just good storytelling.
Aug 26, 2012 8:09 PM

Jul 2012
Watching Hige freak out like that physically hurts me... It just looks extremely uncomfortable especially with the screeching background noise. I hope he'll be okay :/
what the hell is happening to Tsume, by the way?!
Dec 15, 2012 3:48 PM

Jan 2012
I thought they called Hige #23 because of his collar having the letter "X" but apparently that's number 24, there goes my theory
Feb 4, 2013 2:18 AM

Jan 2012
Kiba was badass, he wiped out all of them. Also it looks like these bastards destroyed Blue's home, not wolves after all.

May 19, 2013 12:42 PM

Sep 2009
The plot is developing. This episode also made me uncomfortable with Hige and Tsume's face when he saw the wolves. Hopefully Blue will be able to tell Quent about why their village was destroyed.

Looks like Darcia's reappearing.
The statement below is true.
The statement above is false.
Aug 13, 2013 12:20 PM

Aug 2012
Things look really gloomy for everyone...

Hakuromatsu said:
Another great storytelling technique (that probably only I care about) was displayed in the past two episodes. Every main character is being drawn to Cheza within Jagara's keep, but each of them found a different way to reach the city proper from the under-city. Hubb was captured and brought to the keep as a prisoner, Quent was ushered there without even knowing that the ID tag was his ticket, Cher and Blue took their own ID tags by force, Hige and Toboe went up a back-alley elevator, and Kiba and Tsume traveled via power lines.

Five different ways -- that's just good storytelling.

I like your comments about storytelling.
Aug 13, 2013 9:58 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Kiba, just when I thought you couldn't get any cooler, you did. Love how he was able to beat all those soldiers. I was just as appalled as Tsume when he arrived to see a bunch of preserved wolves in containers...that's terrifying. So basically everyone got separated, and then Blue finds Hige on accident. Poor Toboe getting caught though :( And I wonder what's the significance of the wolf chosen by Cheza? Is he needed for Cheza to open up the path to paradise? And ugh...I don't ever want to see Jagara getting to paradise, she would ruin it. Why does she need to go there when she already has so much power? She needs more wolf blood or something? Gross.
Jul 18, 2014 10:56 PM
Nov 2013
Is Hige an artificial wolf? At least that's what I'm gathering.

I knew wolves didn't destroy Blue's home but at the same time I didn't think who or what it could have been. It looks like Jaguara's forces also disposed of Kiba's friends when he was a pup.

I wonder what Jaguara has to gain by reaching paradise? Wouldn't she be cursed like Darcia was?
Jul 15, 2015 1:18 AM

Aug 2007
Blue must feel so relieved to hear wolves didn't kill her family.
I'm sure the nobles benefiting by making the wolves the villains...

Mar 24, 2016 6:21 AM

Jul 2015
Kiba out for blood this episode !
May 12, 2016 12:58 PM

Mar 2010
Ok so theyve chipped hige or well tracked him without him realising he led them here so he feels bad.

I got a bad feeling about the end.. Wont be a happy one for sure... Too little episodes for that and all theyve seen and been throigh was misery so yeah..

Ok kiba youre just being stupid fuck think of otherw for once besides yourself and cheza -_-

And jaguara annoyed the hell out of me this episode.. Ok twirling around yeeey for several minutes
I think her purpose is to alter their paradise perhaps to match her kind of paradise? Or something alike those lines... Using them to get a paradise how she wants it to be..
GyarutsundereMay 12, 2016 1:07 PM
May 11, 2017 5:40 AM

Jul 2008
So the old man has been duped all this time....okay I have sympathy for him again.
Oct 14, 2019 12:03 PM

Aug 2015
EZSPECIAL said:
I thought they called Hige #23 because of his collar having the letter "X" but apparently that's number 24, there goes my theory

It is number 23, in Russian alphabet. And it's also the first letter of his name - Хиге.
oczOct 14, 2019 12:08 PM
Jun 18, 2020 10:53 AM

Nov 2007
Great episode, suspense and action leading to more in the next episode I hope.
Oct 31, 2021 3:19 AM

Jun 2020
The intensity keeps on rising!

Feb 28, 2022 2:24 PM

Jun 2016
There must be a reason they didn't capture Hige all this time. I'd assume, going from the soldier's dialogue, that they were avoiding Freeze City, probably cause Orkham was still alive. If Kiba didn't meet Hige, would he even be here now? I can't tell if it was all premeditated or just bloody convenient on Jaguara's part.

So it was Jaguara's wolf corps that burned down Kyrios, Blue and Quent's home, not the wolves. There goes Quent's story down the gutter. Shame, I think his forgiveness development was going solidly as well.

Kiba and Tsume got separated at the worst time. Kiba, tho, managed to slaughter a room full of armed men. Okay. And Tsume stumbled upon Jagurara's fetish collection. Oof.

May 13, 2023 3:58 PM

Aug 2017
This episode was intense, many things happened in a short period of time,
So Quent's case is kinda solved, Blue needs to meet him to explain everything and hopes he doesn't snap or stay stubborn,
Tsume would've really helped Kiba end the fight with minor injuries, now he's stuck in a cage with a collection of wolves Hige was one of them,
Speaking of Hige, that collar must've made him lose his mind, and I believe he remembered some of his past because he want's to leave the city immediately,
Toboe got captured easily LOL, he needs to bring that aggression he had with the walrus,
Cher stayed behind, and I think she will meetup with Quent next, cause they're capturing every wolf in the city right now, and something in the city make them loose their way every-time,
2 episodes left and I don't know if they'll have a smooth finish because there's a lot of stuff left to explore,

DekomMay 13, 2023 4:04 PM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Wolf's Rain Episode 10 Discussion

hanachan20 - Feb 5, 2010

29 by Kayarbee70 »»
Apr 18, 12:44 AM

Poll: » Wolf's Rain Episode 26 Discussion

diamond9393anda - Oct 10, 2009

46 by paruno »»
Mar 20, 12:10 PM

Poll: » Wolf's Rain Episode 25 Discussion

diamond9393anda - Oct 10, 2009

24 by Skydis »»
Feb 9, 9:06 AM

Poll: » Wolf's Rain Episode 20 Discussion

redbuzz - Oct 9, 2008

33 by shahab92 »»
Feb 8, 3:46 PM

Poll: » Wolf's Rain Episode 8 Discussion

KitaTsuki - May 8, 2010

23 by Skydis »»
Dec 19, 2023 7:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.