Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
Jul 11, 2014 8:45 AM
Dec 2013
Can you guys please explain to me why fairy tail is so famous ? i watched about 70 episodes and theres no main story. Theres a friendship speech every 10 minutes and natsu always wins thanks to friendship power up.

I dont know how can people waste time on this.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 11, 2014 8:48 AM

Dec 2012
Because they find it enjoyable.

Waste of time for you =/= waste of time for those who enjoy it.
Jul 11, 2014 8:48 AM

Oct 2013
Because power of friendship.
Jul 11, 2014 8:51 AM
Dec 2013
dont get me wrong, i dont think its terrible but its just a simple shounen anime with no main story. People still compare this to better animes like one piece.
Jul 11, 2014 9:05 AM

Apr 2013
It's easy entertainment
Jul 11, 2014 10:03 AM

Nov 2010
Because they like that there's no story, they like the friendship speeches, and they like how Natsu always wins due to friendship power.
Jul 12, 2014 2:39 AM

Jul 2014
Because to me, it's very enjoyable. Fairy Tail is just a laid back anime to watch for a bit of a laugh.
Jul 12, 2014 9:35 AM

Jul 2014
To be honest, I enjoy the fact there isn't much of a main story. Anime such as Bleach takes like 60 episodes for just 1 arc, whereas Fairy Tail takes around 10 episodes if that. Not that Bleach isn't enjoyable too, but I like that in every few episodes of Fairy Tail there's something new happening. it means if you don't like what's going on at that time it won't last very long anyway. Like Shadow-Samaaaa said, it's a laid back anime. I think that's why people enjoy it.

[i] " But then, what does it mean to be reborn? That isn't the life I had anymore... it's someone elses. Everyone only gets to live once, and it's right here, I only get to live it once. This is my life.

I can't entrust it to someone, I can't steal a new one. I can't force it on others. I can't forget it or erase it, I can't stomp on it or laugh at it, I can't beautify it, I can't do anything. I'd have to accept my life no matter how cruel and merciless or unfair I thought it was. "
[/i]
Jul 12, 2014 10:29 AM
Dec 2013
c120 said:
To be honest, I enjoy the fact there isn't much of a main story. Anime such as Bleach takes like 60 episodes for just 1 arc, whereas Fairy Tail takes around 10 episodes if that. Not that Bleach isn't enjoyable too, but I like that in every few episodes of Fairy Tail there's something new happening. it means if you don't like what's going on at that time it won't last very long anyway. Like Shadow-Samaaaa said, it's a laid back anime. I think that's why people enjoy it.

I can understand that but to me the story is the most important thing. thats why i dont really like fairy tail, bleach ( always the same concept, rescue someone ), etc.
Jul 26, 2014 1:39 PM

Mar 2012
Isn't One Piece basically the same thing though? That's why it's being compared all the time.
Jul 26, 2014 1:42 PM
Jul 2018
Friendship is the magic.

Lol honestly, i saw about 80 eps of FT so far and i enjoyed it.
Jul 26, 2014 1:45 PM

May 2011
Fairy Tail is good because of Gray Fullbuster.

And maybe friendship and action and decent arcs ᶦ ᵍᵘᵉˢˢ
Aug 4, 2014 2:26 AM

May 2014
Liked it to start with but all the friendship powerups just killed it for me. Natsu gets overpowered with it practically every fight. Its almost predictable what will happen with ever fight he is in. Its quite sad really that a show which had so much potential has become crappy. The tournament literally put the nail in the coffin.
Aug 15, 2014 1:10 AM

Jul 2007
Ive only seen 18 episodes so far and i have to say i am really loving this show. It is like one reviewer mentioned on here, it isn't plagued by many of the traditional generic shonen tropes?, You don't want "explaining your attack patterns during battle" check! An anime that is beautifully paced and not spread out or padded with filler like the big 3? Check!, Animation is beautiful and low and behold Consistent!! Check! Unlike most all long ongoing shonen series.

I also like how the series kind of structures revealing the characters past early on which makes you the viewer connect to them more on an emotional level. The only gripe i have if i want to put one is sometimes the balance between comedy and serous moments is intermixed together at inappropriate times. I also love the cast of the characters. I can't really say anything bout the main core story cause i haven't been that far yet. But it seems like its devolving some what so far and im ok with how things are turning out in the show.

Aug 15, 2014 1:20 AM

Apr 2014
Friendship power > actually power.
Aug 15, 2014 7:16 AM

Jul 2012
Actually fun fact, Natsu is the only one who DOESN'T win with the power of friendship. Natsu's powerups are actually from his emotions, it doesn't always have to be from the power of friends.
This is revealed a couple of times when people tell Natsu that Grey could do a better job than him, thus using his anger to fuel his magic.
Besides, it's not about the results, it's about the journey.
Aug 15, 2014 7:21 AM

Nov 2013
UneasyHeart said:
Isn't One Piece basically the same thing though? That's why it's being compared all the time.

no.
Aug 15, 2014 7:52 AM

Nov 2010
link9us said:
Ive only seen 18 episodes so far and i have to say i am really loving this show. It is like one reviewer mentioned on here, it isn't plagued by many of the traditional generic shonen tropes?, You don't want "explaining your attack patterns during battle" check! An anime that is beautifully paced and not spread out or padded with filler like the big 3? Check!, Animation is beautiful and low and behold Consistent!! Check! Unlike most all long ongoing shonen series
Don't judge how something is different than other longrunning anime when it isn't longrunning yet.
Aug 15, 2014 4:48 PM

Apr 2014
personally, I watch Fairy Tail because all of the character except Natsu.
I want to see Juvia, Lucy, Erza, Wendy. So, long story short, it's the Fanservice.

Dante8779 said:
Actually fun fact, Natsu is the only one who DOESN'T win with the power of friendship. Natsu's powerups are actually from his emotions, it doesn't always have to be from the power of friends.
This is revealed a couple of times when people tell Natsu that Grey could do a better job than him, thus using his anger to fuel his magic.
Besides, it's not about the results, it's about the journey.

I don't care if he win because he had Dragon emotional powerup or something. what make it an asspull is how it was done, every time Natsu start the fight, he can't even keep up with his enemy, he got hit a hundred time while the opponent is not even got hit once and then comes the random powerup, and pathetically the enemy was K.O because of one hit. that's what make it an asspull
tr1ckst3rAug 15, 2014 4:55 PM
Aug 15, 2014 4:51 PM

May 2013
Not everything has to be edgy.
Aug 15, 2014 4:52 PM

Dec 2012
UneasyHeart said:

No.
Aug 15, 2014 5:02 PM

Oct 2012
"How can someone like something I don't?"
Aug 16, 2014 4:37 AM

Aug 2014
UneasyHeart said:
Isn't One Piece basically the same thing though?

Its not!
Aug 17, 2014 8:11 PM
Dec 2013
DrizzyXP said:

I think you dont understand what i was asking for, why do you fairy tail lovers like it so much ? what are your reasons to enjoy it ? is the story good in your opinion? ( lol of course not, hwat am i asking ), are the characters great in your opinion ?

The only thing i cant understand is why people rate it 10/10 and 9 /10 when there is pratically no plot and the characters are generic as hell. How can something get a perfect score when the 2 most important things ( story and characters ) arent done well ? Do you guys enjoy the fights so much to give it 10/10 ? thats crazy because even the fights are bad, like i said before this is happens in every fight friendship power up > enemy
BlackSwordsmanPTAug 17, 2014 8:17 PM
Aug 17, 2014 8:13 PM

Dec 2013
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subjectivity

Mal, STOP WITH THESE RETARDED THREADS
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Aug 17, 2014 8:14 PM

Mar 2013
Cause they can
Aug 17, 2014 8:23 PM
Dec 2013
FlareStar101 said:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subjectivity

Mal, STOP WITH THESE RETARDED THREADS

Holy sh*t dude, i´ll give you an example about something i like A LOT and i know that the final score would be 7/10 at most. Naruto games for ps3. I literally LOVE those games, i play hours and hours of it and at the end of the day if i were to review them i would give them 7/10 because i know they are not perfect, far from it. The problem here is the fanboys.
Aug 18, 2014 6:57 PM

Aug 2014
uh said:
Fairy Tail is good because of Gray Fullbuster.

And maybe friendship and action and decent arcs ᶦ ᵍᵘᵉˢˢ

YES. Totally agreed.
Aug 18, 2014 7:20 PM

Jun 2014
I just watch fairy tail to keep me occupied and it's entertaining so you can just sit there and be like "heh, nice"
Aug 18, 2014 7:26 PM

Jul 2012
Fairy Tail is just a huge mess and takes itself way too seriously. Whenever I hear all of the nakama power monologues, I'm just like, -_- "stfu".
Konbu is important
Aug 22, 2014 5:54 AM

Jan 2014
I like to watch it when I'm too bored to watch any other *serious* anime. It's just enjoyable and funny. Also, I like the characters. Especially, Juvia.
Also, I can watch that with my little sister since there is no blood and almost no death.
Aug 22, 2014 6:36 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Boobs
Aug 22, 2014 6:42 AM
Oct 2013
HaXXspetten said:
Boobs

This.

Girls to be precise. There's none other than that.
Aug 23, 2014 1:44 AM
Trickster

Jun 2011
I think the real question is, how can people like anything?

The answer? Because.

You don't need another answer other than that.
Aug 23, 2014 2:24 AM

Jun 2013
BlackSwordsmanPT said:
DrizzyXP said:

I think you dont understand what i was asking for, why do you fairy tail lovers like it so much ? what are your reasons to enjoy it ? is the story good in your opinion? ( lol of course not, hwat am i asking ), are the characters great in your opinion ?

The only thing i cant understand is why people rate it 10/10 and 9 /10 when there is pratically no plot and the characters are generic as hell. How can something get a perfect score when the 2 most important things ( story and characters ) arent done well ? Do you guys enjoy the fights so much to give it 10/10 ? thats crazy because even the fights are bad, like i said before this is happens in every fight friendship power up > enemy

You asked "How can people like...." which implies specifically that you asked how can people love it at all. It is your mistake that he misunderstood your question, since this is a question mostly without double meaning. Also, to answer your question. Back into the time when FT animation was still good, I really enjoyed watching it. Why? First, as I said, animation was pretty good. Second, it has one hell of a soundtrack collection. I am still listening it whenever I can. Third, story. While it might not seem that story is progressing constantly, if you check it out a bit better, you will see that there is a continuous story. First, Lucy gets into FT. Next, we meet new characters and get to know them (Erza, Grey- Lullaby arc). After that, we have character back stories (Grey and Galluna Island, Lucy and Phantom Lord arc (also Loke arc, where he becomes her spirit) and Erza and Tower of Heaven). After that, we are still meeting new characters which will have importance in arcs that are about to come (Laxus, Mystogan). Finally, we are meeting first real antagonists- Oracion Seis, one of 3 top Dark Guilds. I can go on explaining how arc's are progressing, but I think I made it clear what I meant. Sure, you are right, FT is not like Naruto or One Piece where story is constantly progressing, but it still has it's own tempo. Oh, and there is one more reason many love FT. Boobs.
Ad Astra Per Aspera
Aug 23, 2014 2:42 AM

Mar 2014
How can people breathe?
Mar 22, 2016 7:51 PM

Feb 2016
the reason fairy tail still interesting because lucy always being attacked by enemy spell that makes her naked.

story, friendship power? it shit
Jan 6, 2020 3:41 AM
Jul 2018
It has dragons and tits. It's pretty much Game of Thrones.
Jan 12, 2020 12:00 PM

Apr 2011
My feelings about this anime have dwindled over the years, but I remember liking its focus on the "power of friendship." (because I don't have friends back then xD)

Jan 14, 2020 1:48 AM

Jan 2011
I was going to make separate thread for this but I see some people think the same.
Before 2014 there was a top review in this Fairy Tail MAL anime page. It mention that “FT is great and fresh because it doesn’t overuse what other popular anime did (like longass fighting scene doesn’t take episodes )”. I drop the manga in middle on last arc because the author start doing something that he only did once per arc. . for every fight in the final arc. Namely “hey, this character gonna die and doing some sacrifice, go cry. Next chapter :oh but they don’t actually die”
I can swallow all those power of friendship because it ties to FT theme of “family/guild/ but not this one. Like as mangaka, what kind of reaction did you expect to your reader if you pull this shit every weeks?

But to answer OP question: magic system, great openings, overall efficient, recurring cast that doesn't get forgotten, fanservice. But that limp on finish line kill it for me.
There is like 2 weeks delay in my recent reading list
I randomly bought discount/second hand manga with cute/mysterious cover.

Use Personal Blacklist extension in Chrome if you just want to Google for a series synopsis, without google slapping MAL score in it.
3/1
Jan 14, 2020 2:10 AM

Jan 2009
too many waifus and also husbandos and the power of friendship even though its repetitive its executed very well imo that makes you hype whenever they fight

im a simple man so i enjoy fanservice shows like this
Jan 14, 2020 2:14 AM

Apr 2013
One of the best soundtracks in anime, funny characters, interesting fantasy setting, balanced male/female cast, good fanservice.
Jan 14, 2020 2:17 AM

Jul 2016
UneasyHeart said:

Absolutely not.One piece has a lots more things going for it.Colourful world with its own detailed lore,an ever expanding cast of characters that are each interesting in their own right,and many more things.People only compare it in order to reafirm how terrible Fairy tail is compared to it in every single aspect.Please don't lump good shounen in with bad and mediocre shounen.
SummerynJan 14, 2020 2:24 AM
Jan 26, 2020 5:43 PM
Jan 2020
BlackSwordsmanPT said:
Can you guys please explain to me why fairy tail is so famous ? i watched about 70 episodes and theres no main story. Theres a friendship speech every 10 minutes and natsu always wins thanks to friendship power up.

I dont know how can people waste time on this.

I don’t like the anime either I think it’s predictable because nastu always wins because of the “power of friendship” and it gets boring. But I do see how some of the characters are very likable, and some parts may be kind of funny to people but there really is no interesting plot.
Feb 8, 2020 7:22 PM
Aug 2019
Um... because preferences?

Seriously, a question like this just asking for the replies to start bashing on people's opinions, because people that both like and dislike it can't seem to handle opposing opinions. Like a previous reply said, it's like saying "How can someone like something I don't like?"

Anyway, as for me, I love everything it encompasses. The fights were very fun to watch (I know, sue me), the characters were very memorable, the anime also excels thematically with its motivational attitude, and the filler is honestly pretty enjoyable overall, which is something I don't say often. Also, the soundtrack is absolutely BEAUTIFUL! Yes, I know why people complain, but I simply wasn't bothered, but anytime I say this, I get labeled as a "casual" or as "someone with no taste." And yes, I think Fairy Tail is better than One Piece. I have the hottest takes known to man, and I know someone's gonna try telling me I'm "factually wrong" when that's a load of bullshit. I can't be "factually wrong" about an opinion.
Feb 9, 2020 9:18 AM
Jan 2019
DragonGamerZ said:

Seriously, a question like this just asking for the replies to start bashing on people's opinions, because people that both like and dislike it can't seem to handle opposing opinions. Like a previous reply said, it's like saying "How can someone like something I don't like?"

Anyway, as for me, I love everything it encompasses. The fights were very fun to watch (I know, sue me), the characters were very memorable, the anime also excels thematically with its motivational attitude, and the filler is honestly pretty enjoyable overall, which is something I don't say often. Also, the soundtrack is absolutely BEAUTIFUL! Yes, I know why people complain, but I simply wasn't bothered, but anytime I say this, I get labeled as a "casual" or as "someone with no taste." And yes, I think Fairy Tail is better than One Piece. I have the hottest takes known to man, and I know someone's gonna try telling me I'm "factually wrong" when that's a load of bullshit. I can't be "factually wrong" about an opinion.

You're factually wrong buddy. Even The Hungry Caterpillar has better writing than Fairy Tail. One Piece is overrated but shits on Fairy Tail any day of the week.
Feb 9, 2020 2:37 PM
Aug 2019
Zeckrin said:
DragonGamerZ said:

You're factually wrong buddy. Even The Hungry Caterpillar has better writing than Fairy Tail. One Piece is overrated but shits on Fairy Tail any day of the week.

And this is why we can't have nice things, because of people that treat their opinions like facts (also, the fact that I predicted that someone was gonna say this shows how predictable y'all are)
Feb 9, 2020 2:39 PM
Aug 2019
DrizzyXP said:

That basically sums this all up.
Feb 9, 2020 5:36 PM
Jan 2019
DragonGamerZ said:
And this is why we can't have nice things, because of people that treat their opinions like facts (also, the fact that I predicted that someone was gonna say this shows how predictable y'all are)

It is a fact though. Fairy Tail suffers from horseshit writing. Doesn't take much to objectively point that out. I'm not giving an opinion when I say this, I'm making a painfully obvious observation.
Feb 10, 2020 2:51 PM
Aug 2019
Zeckrin said:
DragonGamerZ said:

It is a fact though. Fairy Tail suffers from horseshit writing. Doesn't take much to objectively point that out. I'm not giving an opinion when I say this, I'm making a painfully obvious observation.

It's not a fact though. Continuing to claim it's a fact doesn't support your case any more. In fact, it makes your case much harder to take seriously because it means you can't take opposing opinions.
Edit: It's at times like these where I realize how much we're losing sense of what's a fact because we think "Oh, if I claim it's a fact, they can't argue against me."
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 92 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kradical - Aug 12, 2011

92 by shiroyasha367 »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 169 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 15, 2013

103 by aod-kun »»
Yesterday, 10:12 PM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 167 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 1, 2013

186 by aod-kun »»
Yesterday, 10:02 PM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 32 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

garfield15 - May 31, 2010

150 by gannoncannon55 »»
Yesterday, 9:53 PM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 31 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

ReaperEXE - May 24, 2010

103 by gannoncannon55 »»
Yesterday, 9:29 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.