Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Irregular at Magic High School (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 5, 2014 8:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Welp, we get a new OP song this episode which is roughly the half mark.

Poor Shizuku though...
I thought she needed that moment of bonding. We get more info dump this episode too.

>MASAKA
Is that a new ED song too? Oh yes it is.
Jul 5, 2014 8:57 AM

Nov 2007
New OP & ED time.

Is that gun legal? Sister is stronger, though.

Some talk about main guy must help out more in winning.
tsubasaloverJul 5, 2014 9:29 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jul 5, 2014 10:16 AM

Oct 2013
Up to this episode, is it still series of lectures about how magic works?
"Burn the heretics"
Jul 5, 2014 10:35 AM

Feb 2009
New OP pretty much confirms Yokohama arc. Not to mention there's still parts of volume 5 needed for the story. Hoo boy, I'm excited as to how they'll do it(read: how much they'll cut out).

Definitely felt bad for Shizuku. These siblings are just too OP. Not to mention there's more to Miyuki's circumstances that makes this fight even more of a child's play to her.

I know about the costume of the Mirage Bat from Miyuki but seeing them like that made me shake my head. It just felt weird to see that costume and be called its official costume for the competition. I know there are reasons, mostly because it's pretty, but seeing it outright was just weird.

And I'm not going to discuss the logic of their decision to include Tatsuya in the Monolith Code. It's just how it is. Tatsuya needs to be in the spotlight everytime. Thanks Satou Tsutomu.

Somehow I'm not excited for the Monolith Code. That's just how low my expectation has been for this show.

And that buildup of the ED leading to Tatsuya's pose like that. If I was drinking I would have spat it out because of it.
Jul 5, 2014 10:40 AM

Jul 2013
New OP and ED was awesome!

A few things were skipped but overall this was a well paced episode. Shizuku lost even with Tatsuya's help, though he knew she had no chance from the beginning.
Jul 5, 2014 11:09 AM

May 2014

Subtle be damned !
Jul 5, 2014 11:18 AM
Jul 2011
Leonhart and Mikihiko.
Including Tatsuya, they are all first course student.
Tatsuya argued as far as not wanting to embarrass his school, until Junmonji pushed the role to Tatsuya, he went all "I have a plan", and again suggested to others a method that he can do what he does best.

Since the start of this arc, the first seen of these team work of three boys in PE class, it was already decided back then.
Leonhart the brawn, Mikihiko the brain, and Tastsuya the balance of between these two specs.

I hope, finally this "unknown" criminal syndicate will officially show themselves and no more "discussions" in the upcoming episodes.
Jul 5, 2014 11:35 AM

Jul 2010
Miyuki won the Pillar Break by a lot! A bit sad that Shizuku felt that bad :O Sharing first place wouldn't have been so bad.
Nice to see Mirage Bat and Monolith Code in part.
Monolith Code with Tatsuya in it! Those two from third high... the Monolith Code should be interested with Tatsuya in it.
Jul 5, 2014 11:37 AM

Oct 2013
New opening! Not bad. I still like LiSA's Rising Hope much more though.

Seems like the prince and tatsuya have some interactions now
Jul 5, 2014 11:43 AM
Feb 2009
welp she kinda figured out that Tatsuya is silver taurus
Jul 5, 2014 12:00 PM
Dec 2012
Finally might be able to get to see the badass Tatsuya in combat eh?
Jul 5, 2014 12:02 PM

Mar 2012
I can't wait to see actual combat, the competition was a bit lackluster. especially when they face off with the crimson prince:)
Jul 5, 2014 12:04 PM

Oct 2013
Shaniyaz said:

Juumonji pressed Tatsuya to participate as a substitute in the Monolith Code. I believe none other than him could persuade Tatsuya.(^^)

Tatsuya seems so weak when it comes to Juumonji. If it was anyone else, I'd think he was intimidated by him but it's Tatsuya so it can't be. I have no doubt it's due to the match-up compatibility of their magics.
Jul 5, 2014 12:08 PM
Mar 2008
Yokohama Arc Hype ^^
Jul 5, 2014 12:16 PM

Jan 2014
New OP & ED. OP1 was better and ED2 is better.

Shizuku lost against Miyuki.
More infodumps.. :/

Taurus Silver's true identity is revealed.

NEXT WEEK MONOLITH CODE!
"The one true, unchanging righteousness in the world is..cuteness! Cute makes right! All our needs, desires, and instincts seek cuteness, and it is for cuteness that we will give everything we have! That's just the way men are!" - Sora
Jul 5, 2014 12:19 PM

Jun 2012
That Yokohama Arc confirmation in the opening o/
Though I'm getting a little worried about how the hell they plan to pace this ._.
Finally we will get a little bit of Tatsuyas op fighting abilities next episode. Can't wait for the next episode
Jul 5, 2014 12:19 PM

Apr 2009
So, what is the point of the competition again except dressing up waifus and showing that Tatsuya's dic- er CAD is the greatest?
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Jul 5, 2014 12:21 PM

Jun 2013
whattt?? a robott??

can't wait for the next arc :D
Jul 5, 2014 12:25 PM
Apr 2013
I like the one girl and her illusion magic style of fighting. This episode was one of the better ones.
Jul 5, 2014 12:27 PM

Apr 2013
New OP & ED and one of the better episodes also. It wasn't the typical Tatsuya is a total god (he still was godly though) and the girls weren't slobbering all over him. We actually got some real developments and events to look forward to. Things may start to get a bit interesting. I hope!
dankzelJul 6, 2014 5:46 PM
Jul 5, 2014 12:33 PM

Mar 2010
It was kinda sad to see Miyuki asserting her position as Alpha Bitch in such an emotionally devastating way.

I was slightly scared that with that sabotage they would have to skip quite possibly the only interesting event in this competition. Good thing there's the only capable male character to save the day
"Then again, if she's not my sibling, there's no bling, either" - Ararararagi Koyomi
Jul 5, 2014 12:34 PM

May 2010
Toaki90 said:

i just love it when they speak in technical mumbo-jumbo for 14 fucking episodes and it goes in into my right ear and leaves through my left ear.

rarely a show has felt sooo pointless.
Jul 5, 2014 12:34 PM

Dec 2011
Yay. New OP... the ones who made the 2nd KLK OP.

Finally, I have been waiting for Tatsuya to join the front lines. I love that he doesn't have a say to refusing it. Hahaha.

The confrontation to that Masaki guy is going to happen.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 5, 2014 12:44 PM

Jan 2011
New OP even more insect-suggesting than the old one. Pretty crappy soundtrack too. Almost made me not increase the overall score to 7/10 cose the episode itself was pretty good.
Jul 5, 2014 12:51 PM

Aug 2010
I actually thought this was the best ep in quite a while ^^

Liked the prev OP more (The Yokohama scenes in this one weren't bad though and is that CG I see being used when Tatsuya was flying?) But I liked the new ED more ^^

Poor Shizuku. Got Owned even though she used something considered really rare for her level. TOO OP XD

Honoka surfing like a BOSS was nice ^^ And Mirage Bat wasn't bad esp A-chan and her "MASAKA!" XD She's on to u Tatsuya XD

Tatsuya's monologue in bed was nice to see and finally the choice of him being a participant in MC. His smile when he said for their ability at the end was nice :)
Jul 5, 2014 1:36 PM

Oct 2013
Kerozinn said:
Toaki90 said:

i just love it when they speak in technical mumbo-jumbo for 14 fucking episodes and it goes in into my right ear and leaves through my left ear.

rarely a show has felt sooo pointless.
Is this sarcasm? Sorry I got confuse
Because it felt so honest

But seriously, Is it still bunch of lecture?
Because I've put it on hold since ep 11
"Burn the heretics"
Jul 5, 2014 1:46 PM

May 2012
nce to see some action more, as usual Miyuki kick ass in the pillars break, poor Shizuku, but oh well, shizuku was considered pretty strong too, but Miyuki is just too OP ( the fact that she's the ice queen and the member of the yotsuba clan) and not too mention, that's probably just like 1/10 of her power.

Expecting to see Tatsuya scattered everywhre. of course he's going to participate in Monolith Code, and now he's going to face Masaki and george.. woo, finally a formidable opponent ( although i doubt that, but maybe close enough)

4/5 for me for this episode.
“They stood together in a false intimacy, a nervous contact. And he was in love with her.”
― D.H. Lawrence, Women in Love

Jul 5, 2014 1:59 PM

Apr 2013
new op new ed

good episode

pretty excited for next week
Jul 5, 2014 1:59 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I wish they would have shown more of the Monolith Code buildup and action instead on focusing so much on the victories resulting from Tatsuya's superior engineering. We know they're going to win no matter what anyway.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jul 5, 2014 2:21 PM

Feb 2014
Like the new OP and ED though i don't think the new OP is as good as the first one, but at least it's like a halfway marker for the series.
I thought it was obvious that they would substitute in Tatsuya for Monolith Code, and after all, third high really want to go against him so it should be interesting.
Is it just me or does that guy from third high look a lot like Suzaku from Code Geass?
"Even if we lose by 100 points, there's still a chance a meteor will strike the other team's bench in the last second"

- Kuroko Tetsuya
Jul 5, 2014 2:22 PM

Aug 2013
Did i really see a mech in the new OP? >.>
My Candies:
Jul 5, 2014 2:24 PM

Apr 2012
she finally figured it out that he is taurus sliver next ep Tatsuya gonna do battle this is gonna be epic :)
Jul 5, 2014 2:25 PM

Oct 2013
I see, I see, so Morisaki will be broken when his most wanted prize were NTRed by 3 weeds, joke aside
AuroraDragneel said:

Is it just me or does that guy from third high look a lot like Suzaku from Code Geass?

You realized that till now? there a lot of post saying him resembled to Suzaku since ages
Jul 5, 2014 2:29 PM

Feb 2014
Another episode where our main character Kirito errr... I mean Tatsuya gets all the chicks and leave nothing for the gentlemen that is actually trying to get them. With the overly attached sister to top it off. Seriously am I the only one who was on Miyuki side telling her congrats on winning her round in the competition? Because there is a point of praising someone who wasn't even a part of the competition anyway just there to tune a CAD to make sure they can compete. If this is going the rest of the way to the end I will claim that the first episode was the biggest cock tease this season by far. Pretty animation and a good music doesn't mean anything if there are little to none likable characters (that is not a side character), a good story we can get behind, not some school competition where we discuss how magic works in 5 minutes where it can be sum up in one sentence by the common viewer. Seriously, watch any episode and read what they say carefully and then sum it up you will surprise how clever they put simple situations into complicated paragraphs.

♪All his life has been, a roller coaster ride of dream
No time for looking back, forgetting who or what
His song is all that he leaves behind,
On silent nights I hear him still, whistling a tune I know so well
Gun in hand, rose in another, He's Lupin the 3rd♪

Jul 5, 2014 2:29 PM

Jan 2012
Seriously didn't watch the new op in whole but the siblings look too much like lovers in there... can't they give us a break with that?

Anyway look forward to the Monolith code battle :)
Jul 5, 2014 2:36 PM

Dec 2013
I liked the new OP and ED music, but what the fuck is up with the incesty OP video?
Jul 5, 2014 2:47 PM

Jul 2010
Well, OP1 was better and ED1 was worse -all i cared about in this episode-
Jul 5, 2014 2:53 PM
Jul 2018
A new opening and ending. Miyuki won the Ice Pillar Break. I felt bad for how Shizuku lost to Miyuki.
Jul 5, 2014 3:00 PM
Nov 2008
I'm glad there's someone who has balls to not play right into Tatsuya's hands 24/7
Jul 5, 2014 3:07 PM

Sep 2009
Such incest. I definitely preferred the old opening at least, more so than the new one. Both the ending themes never really struck me either time. Erika's new hair in the op looked cute though.

I'm looking forward to watching Monolith Code play out. Masaki and George seem like such interesting characters so it'll be fun to see what both sides come up with in their attempts to beat the other.
Jul 5, 2014 3:10 PM

Jul 2013
Nidhoeggr said:
So, what is the point of the competition again except dressing up waifus and showing that Tatsuya's dic- er CAD is the greatest?
lol

Hm, uh, don't think I like the OP and ED. At least there's confirmation now that it will be the Yokohama Disturbance arc next.
Shizuku :( Didn't have a chance against Miyuki.
And dat bonding moment with Honoka
Azusa realises Tatsuya is Taurus Silver. Expected that to be in this episode.
Juumonji not giving Tatsuya a chance to get out of it. lel.

Well then, I suppose they'll be battling next episode.
Jul 5, 2014 3:13 PM

Apr 2009
One of the better episodes to me. New op song is ok. Got plenty of info this episode which was cool. The Miyuki/Shizuku competition went as expected.....lopsided. Kind of felt bad for Shizuku. Looking forward to the Monolith Code comp.
DreddJul 5, 2014 3:16 PM
Jul 5, 2014 3:18 PM
Feb 2013
OP2 was fine. Not as good as the first one (animation and song) but fine. Tatsuya's poker face at its end was ridiculous though. Like the second ED.

The episode itself was pretty boring but it managed to get me hyped for the next one so it's fine.
Jul 5, 2014 3:22 PM
Jul 2010
The episode was average, the new opening song is really good too especially since we get to see some action scenes of what to come, but of course they had to ruin it with Miyuki scenes trying to hold hands with her brothers and making them look like lovers which they're not, seriously can't they just stop this, it wasn't funny from the start.
The arc overall is quite underwhelming, when reading the LN the events felt longer and there was more tension to them, now they just spend the time talking and the battles end in a flash. They even removed the tension from the accident that happened, they should've shown the event WHILE it was happening and then show us Battering Ram crushing the students, rather than just telling Tatsuya about it later on.
Also I just checked and it seems we're at around 45% of volume 4, which bothers me since I don't think 2 more episodes will be enough to end this volume, they'll probably end it at 3 more eps which makes it less likely to get volume 8 too which is a much better ending for the season than volume 7.
Jul 5, 2014 3:26 PM
May 2009
I kind of irked me how some things were cut in this episode. Miyuki's and Shizuku's was cut way too short and left me feeling cheated(The LN had the perfect length for the battle). And the whole "reveal" of Taurus Silver to Azusa felt way too simplified.

Though, I can't wait to see Tatsuya kicking butt with his strategies in Monolith Code. I prefer it when characters win using their smarts, rather than two guys pummeling each other until one of them passes out.

millie10468 said:
Shaniyaz said:

Juumonji pressed Tatsuya to participate as a substitute in the Monolith Code. I believe none other than him could persuade Tatsuya.(^^)

Tatsuya seems so weak when it comes to Juumonji. If it was anyone else, I'd think he was intimidated by him but it's Tatsuya so it can't be. I have no doubt it's due to the match-up compatibility of their magics.

Not sure if it was mentioned in the Anime, but it's been said by Tatsuya that his and Juumonji's Magics match too well. If they were to use their abilities against each other it'd turn into a battle of attrition and neither side would come out of it unscathed. Hence to someone used to being OP, Juumonji makes Tatsuya feel uncomfortable. Also the reason Tatsuya looked so shocked in this episode was because Juumonji prevented Tatsuya from weedling out of responsibility, not with Logic, but with cold hard authority. Tatsuya hates it when he's forced to do things for no logical reason or benefit for himself and Miyuki.
japzoneJul 5, 2014 3:32 PM
Jul 5, 2014 3:54 PM

Jan 2014
I like the new OP and ED.
Did Azusa uncover Tatsuya's true identify :o i bet she'll ask soon.
Jul 5, 2014 3:57 PM
Jun 2014
New OP02 is GARNiDELiA in Mahouka.

Only will screenshot in 14 episode, well just like a romance.

New ED02 is Rei Yasuda.
Waaaah?!!! This couple is good..?!!! >.<
Roseanne Maceda
Jul 5, 2014 3:58 PM
Jun 2014
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Welp, we get a new OP song this episode which is roughly the half mark.

Poor Shizuku though...
I thought she needed that moment of bonding. We get more info dump this episode too.

>MASAKA
Is that a new ED song too? Oh yes it is.
Roseanne Maceda
Jul 5, 2014 3:58 PM
Oct 2013
I liked this :P
Can't wait to see Gary Tatsuya Stu in action against the crimson prince and the cardinal kid. And then the nuclear bomb arc :D
Jul 5, 2014 4:27 PM

Apr 2012
tatsuy
rladls717 said:
Leonhart and Mikihiko.
Since the start of this arc, the first seen of these team work of three boys in PE class, it was already decided back then.
Leonhart the brawn, Mikihiko the brain, and Tastsuya the balance of between these two specs.

Tatsuya is NOT the balance between those specs..... He is the overpowerness of both of them XD
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 27, 2014

457 by ExSant0 »»
Apr 19, 2:43 PM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 3, 2014

308 by taifd77 »»
Apr 6, 8:00 AM

» Romance Tag?

akihiko132 - Dec 8, 2020

4 by fqdnl »»
Apr 3, 6:27 PM

Poll: » Shipping For Tatsuya X .......

Ricky16 - Sep 1, 2023

28 by AGiantWeeb »»
Mar 24, 6:34 AM

» Question for LN readers

Artorias94 - Feb 19

4 by StarZone1 »»
Feb 20, 4:26 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.