Forum Settings
Forums

TV Anime Adaptation of 'Akatsuki no Yona' Green-Lit

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jul 2, 2014 4:29 PM

Dec 2011
Yehey! An anime adaptation! I'm loving the seiyuus :) I hope this will be great since I'm currently updated with the manga.
Jul 2, 2014 7:41 PM

Aug 2008
YES !! awesome news! Akatsuki no Yona is one of my fave manga :3
Jul 2, 2014 8:18 PM

Apr 2013
first i was like
Ckan said:
Sounds promising.
then I was like
Borgia said:
Since its Studio Pierrot, you can expect a lot of QUALITY.
sarcasm.
Jul 3, 2014 8:51 AM
Jul 2011
I had a hunch that the manga would be adapted into anime :) Glad it came true! I've been spoiled too much from the manga but I'll still watch the anime once it airs~

Plus, I legit screamed when I saw the list of VA: Chiwa Saito, Masakazu Morita, Junichi Suwabe, and Junko Minagawa.
Jul 3, 2014 10:02 PM

Jun 2013
Well hopefully they get the chapters going too and maybe this will get more episodes?
Jul 4, 2014 10:48 AM
Jun 2014
I hope it's not like "Brothers Conflict" "Diabolik Lovers" "Kamigami no Asobi"
and I hope it's more like Soredemo...
Jul 4, 2014 6:25 PM
Nov 2013
Conceal said:
It won't be since It's not a reverse harem manga so I think it will be like soredemo.
Let's hope Pierrot will do a great job.
RinieeJul 4, 2014 6:36 PM
Jul 5, 2014 12:18 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
bloodymeadow said:
Conceal said:
It won't be since It's not a reverse harem manga so I think it will be like soredemo.
Let's hope Pierrot will do a great job.

Well I mean there's not really any romance going on (well first 8 volumes that are translated anyways), but I guess it's technically a reverse harem, especially with all the male characters around. Basically romance isn't a big part in the story (yet?). Idk what you guys mean by more like Soredemo Sekai, but I don't see much resemblance between the two except that the setting is historical but not our world. And maybe the female MCs being awesome. Well Yona is more awesome imo, but yeah. It's definitely not Brothers Conflict, Diabolik Lovers, or Kamigami no Asobi (I actually liked this one though)...those are otoge adaptations, and well, I think it's hard to tell a coherent story when adapting an otome game into anime versus manga where the there's just one story going on, rather than having multiple routes and whatnot.
Jul 5, 2014 4:34 AM
Jul 2018
I kind of dislike Studio Pierrot seeing what they've done to Naruto. But they grew on me a little with Soredemo Sekai wa Utsukushii. I have high hopes for this. Definitely will watch.

Conceal said:

Rest assured. It ain't an otome game and even though this is shoujo, romance is not the main focus so yeah. It's more like Soredemo Sekai wa Utsukushii but in a deeper sense. A lot of adventure on the way. You'll really love how Yona will develop.
removed-userJul 5, 2014 5:28 AM
Jul 8, 2014 10:40 AM
Sep 2013
yay!! this is getting animated! I think there are already 90 or so chapters out so I thought about what's taking them so long. It's a lovely manga, I hope they stick to the storyline. :D
Jul 18, 2014 1:21 PM

Nov 2011
Some character designs:
Jul 18, 2014 1:29 PM

Oct 2013
Stark700 said:
Some character designs:

Any green knifes?
Jul 18, 2014 1:47 PM

May 2014
Interesting premise. However Studio Perriot doesn't always stay truthful to the manga, which could be for better or worse. Remember what they did to Beelzebub? They created their own ending, but it wasn't a terrible ending. Looks like only time will tell. Any thoughts on Studio Perriot doing this adaptation, do you think this will be a two cour or one cour series or longer?
Jul 18, 2014 2:55 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
_Dazzle_ said:
Interesting premise. However Studio Perriot doesn't always stay truthful to the manga, which could be for better or worse. Remember what they did to Beelzebub? They created their own ending, but it wasn't a terrible ending. Looks like only time will tell. Any thoughts on Studio Perriot doing this adaptation, do you think this will be a two cour or one cour series or longer?

Hopefully two cour because I see Zeno, and he doesn't appear in the manga until chapter 40 something, and that would make it go at the pace of around 2 chapters per episode. If they do make it one cour, I can see them cramming about 3-4 chapters per episode. Let's hope not. Either way I have no clue whether or not they will end it with an anime original ending or a cliffhanger since Akatsuki no Yona does have a plot. As for Studio Pierrot, idk. People liked Soredemo Sekai, and I like Baby Steps. Tokyo Ghoul is going at a fast pace and they seem like they're merging arcs together...it really just depends :/ I'm not familiar with the script writer either, except that I thought Toaru no Hikuushi e no Koiuta was kind of meh. We'll see.
Jul 18, 2014 5:50 PM

Nov 2013
This will save me a lot of trouble.
Jul 18, 2014 7:11 PM

Jun 2011
Wow, AnY was the last manga I expected to get an anime adaption, but I'm really happy about it. Can't wait :)
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

3 by ToyaMochizuki »»
2 hours ago

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

16 by Jonas-K »»
3 hours ago

» Spring 2024 Simulcast List [Update 4/18]

Snow - Apr 5

28 by infanf »»
3 hours ago

» '2.5-jigen no Ririsa' Reveals Additional Pair of Cast, Two Consecutive Cours

DatRandomDude - 4 hours ago

3 by RobertBobert »»
3 hours ago

» Manga 'Senpai ga Uzai Kouhai no Hanashi' Ends with 13th Volume

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

8 by AddaeAkono »»
6 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.