Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 24, 2014 12:59 AM

Dec 2009
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Well this is an interesting start. Some would say that this type of protagonist is trash. And I could see why. But it appears that this is a story of redemption. Can't wait to see how future chapters go.
Jul 29, 2014 12:44 PM

Mar 2014
Well this looks like it will be interesting.
"Did you really think I wouldn’t cheat just because I was already winning?" - Dread Emperor Terribilis II

"I chose glory and success. The box did not contain what was written on the lid." - Sand dan Glokta
Aug 4, 2014 4:36 AM
Dec 2013
Gonna keep track of this one. Pretty good so far
Aug 5, 2014 6:48 PM
Mar 2012
Looks like the type of story where we'll see the protagonist grow up starting from birth, now this is really interesting.
Aug 10, 2014 6:49 PM

Aug 2013
This is surely interesting, his way of rationalizing the concept of mana,magic,etc is really intriguing but also kinda nonsense lol

Truth to be told i'm kinda pessimistic when i read the synopsis, if i want to read works about otaku/NEET/Hikikomori being glorified i would read NGNL instead.

But it looks like i was wrong.
Aug 11, 2014 5:55 PM

Dec 2009
Well if I want rational magic concepts I'd just read Mahouka again rotfl.

Still after reading Onani Master Kurosawa I've been more willing to check these types of stories even if the synopsis is kinda off putting. :P
Aug 16, 2014 12:33 AM
Mar 2012
NettoAzure said:
Still after reading Onani Master Kurosawa I've been more willing to check these types of stories even if the synopsis is kinda off putting. :P
I don't enjoy the synopsis, it makes the series sound bland and unorthodox. It doesn't describe at all how epic it is.

I would submit a revised one I wrote on my own, except I'm sure MAL wouldn't accept it since it doesn't have a source:
-Karoshi-Aug 16, 2014 12:36 AM
Aug 20, 2014 2:44 AM

Apr 2009
Wow, this is really damn bad....
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Aug 20, 2014 5:18 PM

Dec 2009
Nidhoeggr said:

Terribad (b")b
Aug 24, 2014 7:07 AM

Aug 2013
Nidhoeggr said:

Is there any LN that not a garbage in your eyes ? Sometimes i'm wondering about this.
Aug 26, 2014 10:59 AM

Jul 2013
Wow this is kinda bad. But then it's the first chapter so I gotta read more. For now, it was just a story 'bout self-insert neet protagonist glorification. I just hope it gets alot better.
Aug 26, 2014 11:54 AM
Mar 2012
ArufeimKirra said:
Wow this is kinda bad. But then it's the first chapter so I gotta read more. For now, it was just a story 'bout self-insert neet protagonist glorification. I just hope it gets alot better.
Look at the series' ranking. Keep reading.
Aug 28, 2014 4:13 AM

Apr 2009
LastChapter said:
ArufeimKirra said:

And when does it get better? Because people said the same about DxD, IS, SAO, Mahouka, Blade Dance and every other LN that still sucks...

Beast666 said:
Nidhoeggr said:

Is there any LN that not a garbage in your eyes ? Sometimes i'm wondering about this.

Jinrui, Baccano, Uchouten Kazoku, etc.
Plenty of good LNs, it's just that apparently Japan prefers generic lameness over well-written stories.
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Aug 31, 2014 4:24 PM

Sep 2013
I think this is kinda interesting. I feel like that there is a more reoccurring theme of Video Games in fantasy. I mean it tends to be either trapped in a game or another world and they want to get back to their own world, but I haven't seen many where the character can start from scratch (And has strong opinions of not returning). I also feel like this is similar to other new manga's such as "Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru no Darou ka" "Re:Monster" "The Gamer" which shows the antagonist Level up.
HappyPiggyAug 31, 2014 4:53 PM
Oct 19, 2014 11:37 PM

May 2013
LastChapter said:
ArufeimKirra said:

lol as if MAL rankings are a good indicator of good series.

Nidhoeggr said:
LastChapter said:

And when does it get better? Because people said the same about DxD, IS, SAO, Mahouka, Blade Dance and every other LN that still sucks...

Nope, it doesn't get better. It just gets worse in fact.
Nov 19, 2014 5:54 AM

Jul 2013
FMBurst said:
I'm really enjoying the series so far, I like what it's doing and I'm going to continue reading.

me too,

normally i dislike harems with their dense main character, but here we actually got a great guy, who later tries to change, makes mistakes, regrets, but also having joy, feeling happyness in this new world.
really, really enjoying the whole series so far.
current LN reading:
Death March kara hajimaru isekai kyousoukyoku
translated here
for those who are interested in other forums about animes, check randomc.net, reddit.com/r/anime and forum.animesuki.com
Feb 11, 2015 7:51 PM
Jan 2013
Nidhoeggr said:
LastChapter said:

Beast666 said:

Jinrui, Baccano, Uchouten Kazoku, etc.
Plenty of good LNs, it's just that apparently Japan prefers generic lameness over well-written stories.

translation
"Hello i am an anime hipster,who want to say was is good or bad writing without backing it up."
"I like to cite names for the sake of it.I prefer tone and style over substance."
And i decide what is generic and whats not by the first chapter"I am a one episode meister."

People like you are just as shallow as moe anime fans.

I like how this is an actual story going on that does not make the main special by default.

And the girls have a real reason to be near him and have their own goals as well.

Parents actually matter.

This is one I hope to see an anime adaptation.

It is a life story and not merely a power fantasy.

his flaws actually make the character believable.
genesic123Mar 10, 2015 3:55 AM

Mar 13, 2015 11:17 AM

Aug 2013
Wow I'm conflicted here..
Part of me thirst to know what happens next and speed through the volumes.
But I also feel a waste not slowly enjoying it damn.

I somehow can really fit into the character's position in the story.
Those touching.. tense.. or hilarious moments are amazing.
Mar 14, 2015 3:48 AM

Apr 2014
ahxiian said:
Wow I'm conflicted here..
Part of me thirst to know what happens next and speed through the volumes.
But I also feel a waste not slowly enjoying it damn.

I somehow can really fit into the character's position in the story.
Those touching.. tense.. or hilarious moments are amazing.

Its amazing.
Caught up to the latest chapters in three days.It was that enjoyable xD.

Apr 29, 2015 3:05 AM

Oct 2012
Roxy knew!!
Roxy knew that Rudi stole her pantsu!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! xD

Conclusion :
Paul scumbag dad
Rudi.. Wisest child in the entire universe (still a pervert)

Awww, Zenith-mama.. she's so proud with her son xD
"Signature removed"
Apr 29, 2015 2:53 PM

Apr 2014
Ray_Light said:
Roxy knew!!
Roxy knew that Rudi stole her pantsu!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! xD

Conclusion :
Paul scumbag dad
Rudi.. Wisest child in the entire universe (still a pervert)

Awww, Zenith-mama.. she's so proud with her son xD

Damn,now I'm excited for you to read the later volumes haha.

May 19, 2015 9:42 AM

Sep 2008
This was bad and the MC is disgusting and unbearable. All the world building was completely ruined in the second half when the focus of the story changed from magic/fantasy/discovery to sex talk, romancing 6-year-olds and harems.
Sep 13, 2015 3:45 PM
Jan 2012
read this first volume just now, couldn't stop reading it from start to finish. If it wasn't so late already I would have jumped straight into volume 2.

I have to admit I am a HUGEEEEE fan of character development/progression and this show seems to be mostly about that which is what makes it so awesome. Protag slowly growing up, meeting new people, improving and maturing over the course of time.

If the story stays remotely as good as this in later volumes then this will be a fun fun week :D
Sep 13, 2015 6:55 PM

Sep 2012
vazkro said:
read this first volume just now, couldn't stop reading it from start to finish. If it wasn't so late already I would have jumped straight into volume 2.

I have to admit I am a HUGEEEEE fan of character development/progression and this show seems to be mostly about that which is what makes it so awesome. Protag slowly growing up, meeting new people, improving and maturing over the course of time.

If the story stays remotely as good as this in later volumes then this will be a fun fun week :D

Well get excited cause that's the story's strongest point.
"whats so special about bonzai trees?"
"They are the loli of the tree world."

Inganock of the Brightest Flame
Mar 3, 2016 1:07 AM

Jan 2015
Eeeeh, meh 1st chapter.
Jul 17, 2016 6:59 PM

Nov 2015
[Finished reading Volume 01]

I'm not gonna lie, seems to be the start of a good story. The characters while so far doesn't seem so defined and different, are interesting. We still know little about this new world, all the species, and whatever lies ahead. I'll keep reading more.

What I must say is that so far I dislike the MC, not entirely because it's a person looking for redemption, in a second chance/life to atone for his mistakes in his previous life and become a better self. What I don't like about him is the over use of pervert topics, lascivious expressions/reactions, lewd lines, and etc... I mean, the original MC in his previos life was already disgusting for this, at his age... now we have a creature of 7 years (at the last chapter of volume 1) that behaves in a way no kid of that age should ever behave. I must say I found disgusting all "scenes" where he made lewd comments. Some may be "funny" but when I remembered his age... it suddenly became uncomfortable.

Putting that aside, it's a good read. I'll go read the second volume to see what adventures he finds himself into, and without Sylpyl (Did I write it right?)

PD: Shame on you Paul, shame on you.
PD2: I knew Roxy knew!
Jul 19, 2016 5:19 AM

Apr 2013
HDarkmantis said:
[Finished reading Volume 01]

I'm not gonna lie, seems to be the start of a good story. The characters while so far doesn't seem so defined and different, are interesting. We still know little about this new world, all the species, and whatever lies ahead. I'll keep reading more.

What I must say is that so far I dislike the MC, not entirely because it's a person looking for redemption, in a second chance/life to atone for his mistakes in his previous life and become a better self. What I don't like about him is the over use of pervert topics, lascivious expressions/reactions, lewd lines, and etc... I mean, the original MC in his previos life was already disgusting for this, at his age... now we have a creature of 7 years (at the last chapter of volume 1) that behaves in a way no kid of that age should ever behave. I must say I found disgusting all "scenes" where he made lewd comments. Some may be "funny" but when I remembered his age... it suddenly became uncomfortable.

Putting that aside, it's a good read. I'll go read the second volume to see what adventures he finds himself into, and without Sylpyl (Did I write it right?)

PD: Shame on you Paul, shame on you.
PD2: I knew Roxy knew!

Rudy's lewd ways never change fam.

His behaviour and atonement shows a fuck ton once you finish the mainstory and get caught up to the current Redundancy Chapters. Which is something close to no Isekai WNs/LNs ever do.
Nov 6, 2021 4:29 AM

Jul 2017
(I'll just assume this as a Volume 1 discussion instead of just Chapter)

Volume 1 - 9.4/10

I love the anime and its immersiveness through its fantastic world building and production values that make it feel like a big-budget show like an anime Game of Thrones of sorts. But man the first volume of the light novels truly was an incredible little start that made me appreciate the story and characterization aspect even more again.

The anime did a great job here and is still one of the best anime I've ever seen (particularly with how impactful some of the more disheartening and tense scenes were, and how terrific the voice acting was in general too), but the light novels took it a step further. Loved the side stories here too fleshing out Paul, Zenith even more regarding their perspectives on Rudeus, and connecting that with their own past experiences (good and bad).

Volume 1 was an excellent start that I really enjoyed with a slow pace read for once to enjoy all the details, particularly surrounding the lore and the magic systems involved and what Rudeus learned from reading multiple books from his house to help out with future knowledge to keep in mind, or knowledge to help him grow in the current phase. There's actual, raw development with his skills as a potential magician for the future rather than being gifted every ability basically from the start, and he's a morally complex character, particularly regarding his definitive flaws as a controversial being for sure with his many perverted thoughts in his self-narration (with some lines too that really do criticize himself as a being), but that's what makes him interesting to witness from the start and see how he grows subtly over time. It is a long road for someone like him but I'm invested now to give him a chance properly unlike the first time I read this series where I was on the other side, dropping it because of who he was, not realizing that moving on from his creepy behavior established from his past just isn't as easy as you'd think without the right experiences and steps to help give him purpose and meaning and make him feel truly a part of this world of acceptance for him here.
animejasNov 9, 2021 12:53 PM
Oct 20, 2023 12:07 AM
Aug 2023
apa yang kau harapkan ? ini yang terbaik, karakter, pembangunan dunia, aksi, romansa, hubunagn keluarga dan pertemanan. ini bukan cerita tentang penebusan, ini hanyalah Cerita tentang Seorang Rudeus Greyrat.
Nov 18, 2023 10:08 AM

Apr 2021
Just finished reading the 'Prologue' and 'Chapter 1' of Volume 1.

Also, LN discussions are so weird ngl, pretty different from how manga are usually discussed(chapter by chapter), here we discuss it volume by volume.
Well, when in Rome, do as the Romans do, I guess?

Aight, so after watching the anime I just had to know what happens next!!! The anime was peak. ED arc for the win. The story was phenomenal!!! And something about it felt unique and different from the regular isekai shows I'd watched.

"Bu-bUt BRo iT's GOt sOmE PeDo-". Shut up bruh. Just enjoy the story. Even if it gets weird. Really weird.

Anyways, I just had to read the light novel after watching the anime. That said I hope to complete the rest of the volume when I find time. This was a good start imo :)
Nov 18, 2023 1:41 PM
Oct 2017
Reply to Joel77
Just finished reading the 'Prologue' and 'Chapter 1' of Volume 1.

Also, LN discussions are so weird ngl, pretty different from how manga are usually discussed(chapter by chapter), here we discuss it volume by volume.
Well, when in Rome, do as the Romans do, I guess?

Aight, so after watching the anime I just had to know what happens next!!! The anime was peak. ED arc for the win. The story was phenomenal!!! And something about it felt unique and different from the regular isekai shows I'd watched.

"Bu-bUt BRo iT's GOt sOmE PeDo-". Shut up bruh. Just enjoy the story. Even if it gets weird. Really weird.

Anyways, I just had to read the light novel after watching the anime. That said I hope to complete the rest of the volume when I find time. This was a good start imo :)
@Joel77 This is for the manga I think.
Nov 18, 2023 6:02 PM

Apr 2021
Reply to TheTerminator990
@Joel77 This is for the manga I think.
@TheTerminator990 Nah man, this thread comes under the discussions for the light novel series and maybe it serves kinda like a starting point for the discussions of the LN series. This is the manga series discussion.

More topics from this board

» So about the ending [SPOILER ALERT]

NiQ1 - Mar 4

11 by Arkaniet »»
Apr 23, 7:01 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Volume 24 Discussion (END) ( 1 2 )

-Karoshi- - Apr 4, 2015

70 by Junichi_Hashiba »»
Mar 20, 1:30 PM

» why the LN changed volume numbers?

TierraRobada - Feb 29

1 by Roy2Epic »»
Mar 1, 3:34 AM

» "Mushoku Tensei" LN Series by Yuka Fujikawa, Rifujin na Magonote has 14.85 million copies (including Manga, Spin-offs, Digital) in circulation.

deg - Feb 21

15 by _gt_ohn »»
Feb 29, 6:30 PM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Volume 11 Discussion

-Karoshi- - Aug 8, 2014

17 by TierraRobada »»
Feb 23, 1:32 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.